Sekiro is too hard. I said it. There is such a thing as something being so difficult it stops being fun...

Sekiro is too hard. I said it. There is such a thing as something being so difficult it stops being fun. It demands an unreasonable amount of focus and perfection from the player for a very lengthy amount of time just to beat a single tough enemy or boss.

Attached: sekiro s.jpg (1080x600, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ji88FmxemAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can I at least save properly after a fight in this game, or is there that shitty bonfire mechanic as well?

Attached: e19.jpg (708x926, 629K)

you just didn't learn from the tutorials noob

It’s not hard once you get use to it

IGN journalist managed to beat the tutorial boss lmao

What annoys me is that red kanji shit. I don't know how to read which one is it gonna be - thrust or slash?

It’s all the same kanji my man

OFFICIAL SOULS POWER RANKING

>ELDER GOD TIER
BLOODBORNE

>GOD TIER
SEKIRO
DARK SOULS
DEMONS SOULS

>GREAT TIER
CUPHEAD
DARK SOULS 3

>MEH TIER
CRASH N SANE TRILOGY

>SHIT TIER
DARK SOULS 2

I know, I mean read them frames. How the fuck do you tell? My only guess is take some space and observe the fucker. Then again that won't really help if he switching between them 50/50

I thought it was incredibly easy and dull.
Anything with activision attached to it is understandable that it will be dumbed down for the masses.
Only motivation here from software has to have is to basically make money and bring an audience to their other games as a stepping stone and sekiro does that well. Overall the nips have covered all bases and will come out successful out of it regardless of the reception of Sekiro.

The fuck are you talking about? Sekiro is their hardest game.

shit ranking
never post again

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 1.68M)

I'm watching a streamer struggling through the tutorial area, he already died ten times.
He's just spamming attacks and never parry, is this what is considered being retarded?
I mean i consider myself a huge casual and didn't die once until the scripted boss where you lose your arm.
perfect parry and counter attacking is very easy to boot, how hard can it be to read a fucking tutorial?

>the year is 2019
>this is an acceptable post on Yea Forums
Yea Forums is dead

Attached: 1521567973439.png (502x277, 370K)

How did you beat Drunkard?
me:
> run in circles first making him chase me while I kill all fodder
> deaggro fucker
> stab him from behind
> -1 gauge
> run to npc guy
> 2 vs 1 last gauge

Bonfires now called Sculptor Idols, but from what Ive seen so far they are very close to bosses areas, although not so obvious all the time, so take the time to search around

link

Can anything be parried? Like the guys with the giant mallets. I know you can only use the mikuri technique on lances.

The attacks are telegraphed, some times is more generous, others the window of reaction is very small, so you need to focus. My advice would be to jump back everytime you get into this situation for the first time with a new enemy so you can see what is the cue to each one, then it is all about reflexes

>he only played the tutorial area

Blazing bull is such a retarded fight that I'm literally considering dropping this game. Lady Butterfly at was fair, but here you just have to hope that you'll be at the right position when he stops to do his shitty attack with a absolutely retarded hitbox. Not to mention that you also must chase him arround the area and evade his charge, which is not really hard just tedious. Firecrackers helps, but you can lend like 3-4 attacks before getting slammed.

it was meant to

The only hard part of the game are the minibosses and bosses which don't respawn when you go to the bonfire so there's really no point for a save system besides dealing with a few trash enemies

Fuzzy guard it. Parry and then jump will cover both options as the sweep is much slower than the thrust. Jeez it’s like you guys have never played a fighting game.

If it hasn't got a red sign, it can be parried. In theory. In reality the timing is fucked.

Not everything, sweeping attacks to begin with cant be parried.

It's not too hard, you soultrannies just suck without your crutches

sekiro is not a souls

Thanks man. Can you tell me about resurrection? I see some people aren't using it. It accumulates Dragonrot spreading or something?

So uh... it's pretty obvious this was a Tenchu game in development, right? I remember the rumours before it was announced, From were making a Tenchu game. I think that's why post people seem disappointed. They expected dark souls

Same, except I beat his last gauge alone.

How in-depth is the exploration and item discovery? Are you railroaded along one path or can you have multiple bosses to choose from at any given point. Im not expecting DaS levels of freedom but I need some kind of choice and item hunting for my autistic little brain

It's fairly open-ended once the ball gets rolling. World is connected like Dark Souls 1, and similarly, your choice of areas is based on player skill and few key items.

Why the fuck do I have to kill Emma every time I want to fight Isshin Ashina? That's 3 phases of bullshit.
I think I'm done with this game for now.

Attached: 1486179206363.png (368x600, 347K)

based ea/ubishit/... devs are on duty to save the day for game journalists can't mash it out for teh win shitstain?

Attached: 1553231836369.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

I wouldn't expect any of that, so far It's pretty linear. Sure there's a couple of optional bosses here and there but you never REALLY get the feeling that you are actually exploring an area in this game, it's more from point A to point B type of thing

I rushed in with the NPC (well to be clear HE rushed in and I followed him) and he died before I could even start to focus on the boss. I played it "safe" and only went in when he was drinking or applying poison to his sword until his last third of health at which point I just smacked him after the end of his combo moves. It's nice he only had like two or three attacks in a row.

I don't know about "too hard" but I had to give up on Lady Butterfly twice now. I can get her down to about a third health on her second bar (it's really disappointing to me that you can't see how much health she actually has) but then the projectile onslaught overwhelms me and I'm all out of snap peas.

>perfection
That's cute.
youtu.be/Ji88FmxemAs

No one is sure about how you get Dragon Rot, some people think its acquired by resurrecting on the spot. But it appears at some point of the game after you respawn in the shrine n number of times, so it might be the other way around

There is but it really makes no difference the skill system can be largely ignored. Maybe the shinobi arts that increase healing, but everything else is just fluff. They really messed up the skill system.

>can everything be parried
Lots of things, nor everything. Mikiri is for thrust attacks only.

I died like 20 times at that ogre. Then after that I had to clear a courtyard to fight a next mini boss. What idiot designs a game that you first have to clear an area to try a boss only to die over and over.

>Sekiro is too hard. I said it
False.
It's basically Dexfag: the game. Try DS1 with one dagger, you will suffer in same way.
Too bad 4channel players always strength+shield cheesers.

When reviewers say ' you have to unlearn ds skills '

thats code for the combat succs ass

there I said it

You should be able to sue developers if they release a game so hard it's literally impossible to beat.

It's good for incels that never leave the house, if you're already challenged irl with your job or whatever this is just busy work.

Games are for fun for normal people.

Where's Dragon's Dogma?

No it doesn't. I've actually been kinda sloppy so far and I'm still getting through.

I vote to put nu-GoW in meh tier

you could literally always just turn the game off and you'd boot in at the exact same place

Garbage

DS1 >> BB >>>>> DeS>DS3>>>>>DS2>>>>SKR

Kys

I think i get what people are having trouble with.
There's no stamina in this game so retards get the idea that you can just r1 spam. Well here is it retards, stamina might be gone but there is still no animation canceling. Every single strike is a commitment, there is no room for doubt so you have to carefully time each strike. Instead of r1 spamming and doing panic rolls.

This. I'm still getting greedy with my attacks

No, people can't into the reaction based combat the game has. It's not exactly hard if you can into parrying and dodging the way the game forces you to instead of spinning and backstabbing that they did in souls.