Why doesn't Earthbound have a run button?

youtube.com/watch?v=ulBYfJ4M5ks LMAO AT THIS FUCKING FAGGOT

>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another bag of dragonite!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.

Reminder Undertale is for faggots (and don't give me that MUH MOTHER 3, I just played it and it still has a lot of the same problems as EB)

Attached: earthbound towns.png (500x180, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Brava earthbound/type/op/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=69kQBv3Gql8
mega.nz/#!vYZSWICR!-55LLgSCwlm_9WLv6lhwCPQ9tdbLU0mx2dG80sR45D8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Earthbound is cringe. How do you people even call this an "rpg" what the fuck do you roleplay as? A 10 year old fighting trees and booger monsters? I feel bad for you people who had the misfortune to grow up with Pixelshit NES garbage who missed out on true rpg's like Gothic, Fallout, KOTOR and Morrowind.

Attached: 1552189316150.gif (171x172, 962K)

Haven't seen you in a while.

>replay value
>in an RPG
s a g e d

based

Attached: 1491944588815.jpg (720x720, 212K)

I love EB but unironically this - we didn't know better

Witcher 3 is as much an RPG as Earthbound is IE it's not

you dont roleplay in RPGs

>replay as a different class
>join a different faction
Oh wait you can't in Earthbound because it's not an rpg.

Maybe in japshit fake rpg's but I can roleplay anybody I want in Fallout 1, 2, New Vegas and in Morrowind and even Oblivion. Gothic too.

You can name your spell Cum instead of Assblast.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Brava earthbound/type/op/

>4 years
Christ.

How to spot someone who played only jrpgs.

Holy cringe

m.youtube.com/watch?v=69kQBv3Gql8
Unironically anyone who says they like Earthbound. An autistic sped.

wrpgs are unplayable jank

>bethesda jank
>DOS isometric point and click jank
wooooooow

>Just over 11 minutes youtube video
not taking this bait

Attached: 1551136789937.gif (400x300, 1.73M)

I remember seeing a large part of this being posted word for word every day several years ago. I've been here too fucking long and so have you, OP.

Do you call them "jank" because you actually have to plan out your class and roleplay rather than retarded jrpgs that just autimatically solve quests with gay turn based combat?

>made an EarthBound romhack
>didn't apply the run button patch

Attached: 1527889583386.jpg (1024x576, 102K)

Hook me up, I'll play it

As long as it's not some shit garbage like Halloween Hack

It's pretty garbage and I've not updated it in a few months.
mega.nz/#!vYZSWICR!-55LLgSCwlm_9WLv6lhwCPQ9tdbLU0mx2dG80sR45D8

Attached: Library.webm (256x224, 457K)

no, because they are hastily thrown together unbalanced shitshows with clunky awful controls and camera perspectives. With gameplay that centers around minmaxing and exploiting until the game is unplayable broken

based and Toddpilled
You forgot skyrim. I roleplayed as a Uruk Hai that escaped Helms Deep and somehow ended up in Skyrim.

>self-inserting
RPGs are trash

Self inserting is one of the few good parts of RPGs and even JRPGs where you play a silent protagonist

Otherwise they're Telltale games with combat like Witcher 3

Attached: 1516312070735.jpg (505x591, 70K)

I know you're memeing but it is strange how it lacks a run button when Earth Bound had one.

I remember this copypasta. Very stale, embarrassing.

>Western RPGs

Self-inserting and actually "roleplaying" is straight up cringe, that's what furries do.

But it's fum

Fpbp

Attached: 1550689538311.jpg (500x411, 41K)

RPGs are still trash

It's been some time, so incase anyone has forgotten, or if you're just new. This is the same Earthbound shitposter, who has been making Earthbound hate threads for years now. He's just adapted his script, but it's all the same talking points.

Don't waste your breath talking to his guy. He doesn't want discourse. He just wants people to hate EB as much as he hates EB. And he won't be satisfied until the whole world hates EB.

Just played Undertale and Deltrarune for the first time last month. Absolutely loved them. Should I check out Earthbound now? I tried playing it a few years ago, but couldn't really get into it. I think I'll have newfound appreciation for the battles and quirkiness in things like what OP pointed out.

Mother 1 didn't have a run button.
Earth Bound's run was put in by the old localization team. They way they did it was a quick hack, it didn't make you run, it just doubled the game's speed.

How does he decide when to start spamming again? How does the mind of someone this incredibly damaged even work?

The fuck are you talking about? Of course it has a run button just like every game ever. You put the game in, press the run button, and the game runs. Jfc get these sub iq monkeys off the internet

I'm pretty sure Itoi had something to do with it because of the extended ending. It was even used in Mother 1+2