I've seen this game talked about for the past few days after the sequel was announced...

I've seen this game talked about for the past few days after the sequel was announced. Is it actually any good or is it a waste of time?

Attached: header (1).jpg (460x215, 43K)

it's overrated

it's average, may have liked it better if you played long ago but it's really nothing special now

it's also a buggy mess that needs a million fan patches to be bearable

and the sequel is setting up to be some kind of elaborate SJW joke

It starts out great, but the devs ran out of money halfway in.

Gameplay wise. pretty bad. Story and ambiance wise it shits on all the rpgs that's followed it.

If you like it you really like it. If you don't you don't. It's divicive game.

Go to GoG and find out you homo gay.

Fuck off retarded normie, there's enough shit in the threads

The story and atmosphere still hold up but otherwise it's incredibly bug-ridden and the combat is mostly shit-tier, even for its time.
is right, and it definitely shows.

>posts here
>hasn't played it
just fuck off until you do

>may have liked it better if you played long ago but it's really nothing special now
Not at all, it's still as great as ever.

It#s good ough the brilliance of it shines only trough if you play trough it with different clns, not in the way that the quests change or something but how the world reacts to you and ways that open up to solve quests. And the others are right that you need mods to make it run smoothly, gog should have a thread in their bloodlines forum about which ones to use.

This this this.
The GoG version is the way to go, it even comes with the fan patch which the steam version doesn't have.

And what this user said. This is a game that you will play for the story and not the gameplay.

It's the best RPG ever and arguably the single most memorable gaming experience of all time.

It's also obviously unfinished and the combat is mediocre.

But it's really not about combat. It has some of the best characterizations in gaming history, one of the best stories, and some of the best writing, as well as THE best voice acting in ANY video game. The real fun is just from interacting with the world and characters. The class system might be the best in gaming history, your choices actually matter, there are multiple solutions to most non-combat centric quests, the music is top tier, the lore is actually fucking interesting, and the atmosphere is like nothing else.

Ignore this guy: You only need the Unofficial Patch to make it playable. The GOG version comes with this pre-installed.

Go get it and pick a Malkavian for your first playthrough. This is THE most unique experience in any RPG.

>it's also a buggy mess that needs a million fan patches to be bearable
There is literally only one patch for the game.

First timer here, I just finished Santa Monica and I'm headed through downtown. I was so used to seeing Therese and Jeanette all over promo art and screenshots that I never even considered the possibility of them being the exact same person. Beckett seems rad as fuck, and the fortune teller lady says he's cool to trust.

I hope I get the option to take down both the Camarilla and Anarchs, because they seem like two sides of the same shitty coin.

Attached: 1550963874633.png (323x326, 131K)

It was an OK game at the time of it's release. It tried to be a "deep" FPS/RPG, in the vein of a Deus Ex 1. However, it was from Troika and, as others have mentioned, it was notoriously half-finished. Started out strong and then peters out.

It was also known for being one of the first games to use the Source engine (same engine of HL2) which is where some of it's development problems arose for a variety of reasons that won't be explained here.

It's now known for having numerous unofficial patches years after it's release to try and bring back a lot of the content that was either "cut from but still included in the game files" or "just plain adding content that the developers intended to have but ran out of time / money."

Either way, if you can find it on the cheap and want to add X number of unofficial patches to it (of which there are 'competing' unofficial patches so be warned about that), there are worse ways to spend an afternoon.

dont fucking open it

>malk for first playthrough
absolutely retarded, you play through on something like ventrue or toreador first and THEN on malk so all the insane rambling makes sense because you know whats coming, do not be a malk if its your first playthrough

Beckett's great, but don't read the rest of the thread and nope the fuck out until you've finished the game. And whatever you do, don't OPEN IT

how's reddit

charming little game

It's bad, but people here like to pretend it's the greatest thing ever.

i keep forgetting that i'm supposed to format all of my responses in run on sentences with no punctuation or capitalization sorry because... culture?

not as much as a waste of time as posting here

The best part is when you DON'T know what it all means.

it's really good

Attached: oqCZG.jpg (1272x1024, 287K)

I pitty all people who played modded vtmb first. If you play vanilla malkavian and you have no idea what is going on it's pretty epic and a once in your life experience. There are no spoilers in vanilla as malkavian unless you already know what is going on.
Whatever you do do not play plus patch on your first play through!

Attached: 1538730233305.jpg (618x538, 95K)

>I pitty all people who played modded vtmb first.
Yeah they most likely didn't get stuck with some game breaking bug.

>I pitty all people who played modded vtmb first.
i didnt, i wasnt able to finish the game cuz of the bug when i try to leave the vampire hunter cave

playing with a bug fix patch isn't considered "modded", he's talking about people who used plus their first time. lots of people came to Yea Forums and complained about something after playing only to be told that it was due to using the plus patch. that's why only using basic is recommended for first time players.

lurk for two years before posting.

I gotta agree. I'm in Santa Monica so far and it isn't grabbing me beyond the flavor.

Seems like a basic RPG. I'm not seeing how the game treats you differently beyond the Nosferatus.

I was like that first, personally the game picks up after the Haunted House in Santa Monica. Are you there yet?

The biggest mistake Yea Forums made is pushing V:TMB as a game that "everyone must play".
No, it's NOT for everyone.
PS:T is also NOT for everyone.

These are games that back in the day were only appreciated by a small niche.
Pushing it towards any retard is creating all the problems we're experiencing today.