Outward - exploration RPG

3 days until gaming is saved

>no savescumming
>no quest markers
>souls-like combat
>top tier comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=G35beU8yQD4
youtube.com/watch?v=_Qxefv54oJY

Attached: 1553138885986.jpg (460x215, 58K)

It's on my list.

Spent my cash on pussy again, though.

explain

romance?

Game looks neat but I'm worried about how much the coop stuff will hinder single player play.

>taking care of your pets instead of buying entertainment
Good lad

can i play as a big guy?

He spent his money on food and accessories for his cat

it's good to see people trying to make something different. i'm gonna take the gamble and try it out

I can't wait

looks interesting
does it have a story?
or is like those oldschool RPGs where you basically just fight shit and story is nonexistent

I never heard of this game, is it one of those sandbox games where you make your own story while killing shit

Prostitue.

Tall about Video Games.

How difficult do we think the game will be?

There apparently is a story with multiple endings

depending on whether you fail or succeed quests you may get a different ending

quests are timed so that is essential
while there is no permadeath, dying to enemies makes you fall unconcious, you may be rescued by villagers, captured and robbed by bandits etc. Either way, that is still lost time and will potentially make you fail a quest

>Paying for 3D

Attached: Yikes Rin.jpg (764x713, 309K)

Comfy original xbox graphics. Reminds me of Fable 1.

>paying for 2D

Fable was never good. Idiot zoomer.

Attached: MISOGYNY.jpg (666x666, 97K)

how much ? she have an ad ?

Is it getting a DRM free physical release on PC? If not then I will be happily pirating.

Looking forward to being a dickass mage.

I don't

>souls-like combat
So trash?

World and enemy design looks super generic and without a soul

Fable 1 was great. Just played it a week ago. Keep seething over wanting to plant trees and other autistic shit like that, boomer.

I didn't specify my predilection towards the game in my post, I only addressed the aesthetic.

I loved Fable 1 back in the day but I can't bring myself to play it again for one simple reason. You age like a motherfucker and look like a grungy old man when your skills level up.

Explain those wall scrolls and body pillows then

romance?

>souls-like combat
Why do people try to act like this is good?

Quit with the namefag bullshit and discuss the game in question.

You'd find a reason to pirate it despite that fact. Don't waste our time with idiotic questions.

Yeh. I agree. It's difficult to get that right. This is their first release, correct? Do we know how many people they have employed?

Attached: GHOST.jpg (1920x1080, 665K)

>souls-li-
dropped

>souls-like combat
how so?

It is kind of weird how quickly you age but I did love how scars and stuff worked tho. Been playing through shirtless doing missions not getting hit. The boasting systems so simple but really fun, lets you do challenge runs and be rewarded for it.
My only gripe with Fable 1 is that guile is useless and is only good for stealing shit from stores or discounts at stores.

Its actually insane because you are the only one that ages. If the characters aged with you to show the passage of time it would make a lot more sense.

But as it stands you can go from being 17 to 65 in the span of a week in story.

Is this like Gothic 2?

It is good.

W-what bodypillows...?

Attached: 97DE9C61-D728-4083-B8E8-B720C462C29D.png (600x396, 94K)

seriously though, romance?

This looks alright actually, added to wishlist.

Was about to get all huffy about "oh look another game I can't play on comfy ps4" but it's on there.
Too bad I'm playing sekiro

I honestly think this is going to be Elex or Risen levels of Jank and beloved after a year or two.

>>souls-like combat
You make that point as if that's good, when Souls actually has garbage combat. It's the reason why Miyazaki dropped it for Sekiro.

Stop shilling this janky shit.
The world is ugly, the combat looks clunky as fuck and cumbersome, especially the magic.

Attached: 1500618332087.jpg (750x449, 34K)

steam page has no price tag. What are we looking at?

It's more than the deception prior to release. Shit's bland and boring as fuck. Not challenging in the slightest.

I'm not gonna hold it against the game — but it influenced the industry's obsession with garbage ass morality systems. Now we have that shit forced upon us with every new release — except worse.

I can give Fable credit in that regard. It's a novel concept to see your character age and become scarred over time.

I can't speak to the sequels. Never played anything other than the original's PC release.

It's mediocre as fuck in that regard.

Very much a cartoon pile of shit with strange proportions and a reliance on comedic garbage.

Attached: PROPER DESIGN.jpg (666x666, 188K)

cringe.

It's going to be epic exclusive in 2 days :)

Didn't specify if I favored the aesthetic either. Just stated that It evoked a remote notion of that game.

They are having trouble with steam for some reason and announced that the game is going to cost 40$ on release. It will come to steam on launch day, pre-order pet will be given to anyone buying the first week instead

>can wait and see if the game is good first and still get preorder bonuses
Nice

So what games do you enjoy exactly?

Piranha Bytes can't into game development. I'm overpowered by the game's climax every single time.

I've quit playing their shit. Not gonna enjoy the initial grind through Hell on the highest setting just to get cucked.

Never again. Fuck that.

Attached: COME THE FUCK ON.jpg (666x666, 67K)

>Deep Silver
yowza

>souls-like combat
>comfy
You don't understand why Dark Souls was hard. It was to encourage a morose and oppressive atmosphere. You can't just add it to anything like a fucking sperg.

>You age like a motherfucker and look like a grungy old man when your skills level up
There is a way to abuse the saving system to stay more or less young.

wait, seriously?
fuck, guess that's a pirate for me then

Guile can give you basically infinite money.

>open video
>obvious indieshit graphics
>weeb artstyle
>30fps
lol, no

>returned Sekiro
looking forward to this instead as the game to play for the next months

The definition of Dark Souls style combat at this point stamina based rolling and medium to high damage upon getting hit.

Its retarded.

It isn’t fun and pretty much never changes from the first moment you start the game all the way to the end. It rewards boring, save and repetitive combat approaches and punishes fun approaches. It’s not fun and feels more like work. Block get close to enemy, hit once move back and wait until he has either attacked or missed his attack, repeat that Formular until the enemy is dead. There is no real good way to fight more then 1 enemy at once so you are pretty much forced to exploit the stupid ia and pick off one enemy at a time

I don't even see the appeal. When I picture being a frontier fantasy hero I don't picture rolling like it's the early 2000's and I'm a Limp Bizkit fan.

>only one auto-save slot so all of your actions are permanent

Based

Attached: 1544032162239.jpg (625x1000, 348K)

>dislikes piles of shit and strange proportions
>posts lords of the fallen

Attached: 1552067040819.webm (854x480, 2.98M)

damn... that's like me and my friend...

>punishes fun approaches.
you are only punished if you need to git good. as you should be. you can do wacky shit, but why do you expect it to be easy?

>Formular
>then
You're a child.

Why wouldn't you be able to add 3rd person rolling-based combat to w/e game you want?

I took the opportunity to talk trash about Fable — and I'm happy I did so.

Shit's overrated as fuck.

It's amazing how many young children played it prior to growing into proper zoomers.

It gets more and more praise here every single year — and the same's now happening with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't mention a good Xbox game. It's not a console that lacks quality games.

Lemme find my old 3x3. I gotta update it, though.

Attached: DARKWATCH.jpg (666x666, 488K)

Because rolling looks stupid as fuck?

Seriously, blocking based combat is way more fun.

Lords has numerous flaws. Its art design isn't one.

Attached: GIMME STYLE.jpg (666x666, 216K)

It's okay if you don't like Fable dude, but plenty of others did and still do. It had its issues, sure, but I liked it all the same. And on the aesthetic, I love it. Great art direction for a light hearted fantasy game. I'm nearly 30 so I'm not sure I really qualify as a zoomer.

From the two you've posted so far I would definitely complain that they have way too much detail crammed into the designs.

Companions?
Dialogue?
Story?
Choices?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (640x480, 36K)

So is there actually any story in this game?

So far I know you start of indebted and need to pay off the bloodloan within like a week, and also that you can only acquire magic by going on a pilgrimage to a mountain.

Attached: 1552920690396.jpg (521x533, 51K)

Romance?

>epic store exclusive

I'll pass thanks.

>lying on the internet

>souls-like combat
aaaaand dropped

looks interesting, a bit worried that they are trying to do more than they are able though and it will be a buggy mess.

I think you are confusing this with "Outer Worlds", this game is still on steam.

fuck them

Maybe, but in the clips we've seen it looks better put together. The combat itself looks much better than the same shit PB has been making [poorly] since G3

>another "haha look at how hard we are, you died to an instakill surprise trap? too bad, redo level" bullshit souls knockoff with none of the qualities that would warrant such a commitment

Pass. Or I'll wait for a trainer.

romance?

ATLAS 2, Electric bungalow

>souls knockoff
that is objectively wrong

That's why you play it in coop and let your friend go first.

I lost interest at no saves and souls combat.

GOG release when

But user! Look at how hardcore we all are! SO HARDCORE!

Fair enough. But this is a survival/exploration focused RPG not combat focused like DS is.

To me the idea of suffering the consequences sounds great. I forget the last time a game offered me that. Even in DS you could die over and over and speed-run to the boss fight to try again

>I lost interest at no saves
why? being decisive for once may be a good change of pace

>no savescumming
Very commendable, but that's a pass on release. Remind me in a year or two once the worst of the bugs are patched.

>Fable 1 was great
Imagine having such shit taste

Savescumming was literally a staple of old gaming. It encouraged experimentation.

But you get that in 99% of the games.
What about the idea of facing the consequences for your actions?

Doesn't mean we can't try something different with one game. I always enjoyed Daggerfall's strict time limits for example.

you can always, you know, not savescum

What about the idea of giving me a fucking choice?

Different strokes, man. Time limits make me stress hardcore.

You don't know the consequences until you tried the action. Or look it up online.

>button prompt
no THANKS.

dumb fuck, buy a toy
looks cool

>been playing Sekiro for 48 hours straight
>nerves in ruins, completely uptight, anus loose from continuous wreckage
i cant wait until this comes out and saves me from this shite it looks comfy and i need comfy right now

Attached: 20190322224504_1.jpg (1920x1080, 431K)

But you'll know you can do it and justify it to yourself if need be

>What about the idea of giving me a fucking choice?
The game gives you ton of choices.

Yes, just like it should arguably be.

>But you'll know you can do it and justify it to yourself if need be
sounds like a you problem

I actually looked at one of the videos. The world and art direction look like absolute garbage inspired by chink MMOs.

>deep silver
>steam
epic games store exclusive reveal 1 day before its released

>The game gives you ton of choices.
Not the choice whether to save or not.

>But you'll know you can do it and justify it to yourself if need be
And? The fuck is the problem with that?

>Yes, just like it should arguably be.
Look, man, if you like making blind leaps then good for you.

Maybe this particular games just isn't for you dude. The people that are looking forward to it are excited for the reasons you arent interested.

>souls
Nah. Stamina management sims are stale as fuck.

But user, it's HARDCORE!

Nevermind how cool it would be to actually fucking block.

You sound like a marketer.

Wouldn't a marketer try and convince everyone that they should play the game? I'm just looking forward to playing it, is all.

Actually you're right. You sound more like the dev being defensive.

Combat looks like shit

>made by 10 people
>still better than skyrim
kek

Again, I'm interested, but I don't know if I'm 60 kangaroo dollars interested

keeping an eye on this game

if people like it after dumping a bunch of time into it then I'll jump aboard, but generally these types of western titles end up being dull and soulless.

Looks fun. I absolutley love these mediocre AA rpgs like elex, two worlds or amalur.

Attached: 1527189186350.jpg (800x600, 36K)

>survival game
i don't know about this one user

multiplayer?

online coop

they'll increase enemy hp etc for co-op so single player should be fine

>here is our carbon copy generic fantasy game with dark souls gameplay (we just wanted to dickride their success btw), except even less polished and floaty combat.

haha
no.

>Do we know how many people they have employed?

Also splitscreen

2 players only
Meant to be played with your wife
Isn't suitable for Yea Forumsirgins

>Two worlds
I loved that magic system. Mediocre RPGs are the shit.

Romance?

>he unironically plays with shield in souls games
Genuinely cant comprehend how people go out of their way to cheese the game, and then complain that its not hard.
Souls games are really fucking fun when you do unorthodox shit and actually have a semblance of risk.

based

Attached: 1553015503497.png (1326x954, 112K)

Its 40

That's 40 burgers

Agreed, my favorite playthrough was with rapier/party dagger

>party dagger
untz untz untz untz untz untz

my wife doesn't play video games, she thinks their a waste of time and money.
she's right
if i tell her lets play an rpg she'd tell me to do something more constructive or suggest we go play tennis or bike riding.

>Videogames are a waste of time and money dear
>lets go spend money to waste the day hitting a ball with expensive sticks and strings

Attached: 1400729063764.jpg (556x561, 15K)

"it's exercise"
Tennis isn't really expensive though, just go to any sports store buy something cheap buy some balls and your done. Buying Rafael Nadals sponsored tennis racket wont let you play like him.

Tell her she gets plenty of exercise running her mouth while you're trying to focus on playing with your toys

>he chose to marry someone that belittles his hobbies and won't even attempt to find common ground about them, maybe even find out she likes playing games with her husband
She sounds like a cunt

bike riding sounds like it could be fun, it's a shame I've developed a mini fear of bikes after ripping the handles off one time.

Is it co-op?
Depending on its reception I might get it eventually, but if it's got co-op I'd be looking at getting this way sooner.

yes

Maybe talking about my wife on Yea Forums was retarded of me, she's not a bad sort she was just raised differently in a stricter household. It'd be cool to have a wife that played vidya but it wasn't really something I was make or break about it. She does shit i've got no interest in doing so it's not like this only goes one way.

It is a lot of fun, ripping the handles of a bike would probably put me off it as well no idea how that could happen bikes are usually pretty sturdy unless tampered with. I'd say get back into it if you can overcome your fear, it's let me see parts of my country i wouldn't have otherwise.

this narrator needs to shut the fuck up and just let people watch gameplay which looks like shit and there is no art style to the game

God I wish eternal pain and all sufferings on all normalfags.

this isn't comfy

this is also very mean

the second trailer is a combat gameplay trailer

Unless you have to start over from the beginning
of the game when you die this game is shit.

Custom character an option?
Wizardclass?

>after watching those videos

holy shit this game is gonna be so bad

dont cut yourself on that edge

So what we learn from the first vid:
>there's a backpack
>there are multiple types of backpacks
>you can take off and on your backpack
>backpacks have different weights
>BACKPACKS
>you have to navigate using a map without a magical gps system
>there are different environments
>also there are backpacks

>The game gives you ton of choices.
>>Not the choice whether to save or not.
lmao

high poise builds completely wreck all of the souls games if you don't give a shit about pvp

Kek, I was thinking the same.

I always have a love hate feeling for their games.

BACK PACK CONSEQUENCES. Though I learned they have trainers and cities. And that all quests are timed. Not really sure how you get quests though I presume it will be like in risen because of the faction system. I wonder what the enemy diversity is like. I hope it has large monsters and not just bugs and deer.

But can you put a backpack inside your backpack?

I really like the idea but the artstyle looks extremely generic, where's the fun in exploring a world that looks bland and uninteresting?

The backpacks are a huge selling point desu
There aren't enough games that properly take encumbrance into account, after years of tabletop RPGs it always pisses me off how characters in vidya RPGs are basically unkillable gods among men, this game is actually doing a fuckload of things I've been waiting for for years. The autistic focus on backpacks is one of them, the cool ritual magic system is another, actually almost everything they've been doing tells me they probably also play a lot of tabletop RPGs and hate how there aren't any videogames that even come close to emulating the feeling of embarking on a hexcrawl in search of dungeons and loot.

Attached: roslofqueenofthedemonwebpits.jpg (1054x661, 649K)

"Fuck, where are we on the map?"
"I dunno, none of these landmarks match up with where we should be, did we take a wrong turn?"
I'm so fucking excited to co-op through this game

>all quests are timed
I really hope they handle this super fucking carefully, it's way too easy to just make that annoying and broken.

Why do people keep calling games in which you do not play a role, role-playing games?

Because they're based on pen and paper role playing games, so we call videogames that use similar number based abstractions of combat "RPGs"

All games are role playing games. Because you are always playing a role.