What if we took a perfect XCOM game

>What if we took a perfect XCOM game...
>and gave player op game winning mechanics
>and added infinite zombies
>moba tier hero units lmao
> and made grand strategy meaningless
XCOM 2

Attached: xcom2_wotc_hunter_thm.jpg (960x540, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8gOAj6wTLck
xcom2.smods.ru
youtube.com/watch?v=2ar3NwhcCms
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1267164077&searchtext=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FiraXCOM is shit, you're just now discovering that?

Xcom eu is best

"Hero" units aren't even as good as some of the base units. Also the only real difference is they get their abilities differently, and you can pick more than one in a tier (but you still won't be able to get them all).

>"Hero" units aren't even as good as some of the base units

wrong, reaper breaks the game hardcore

All except for one tidbit.

Attached: 6bc.jpg (700x600, 271K)

How? Melees shit

Then, uh.

Don't buy war of the chosen?
I'm not seeing the purpose of this thread, OP. This isn't a discussion starter, this is you being a faggot and trying to shitpost. It's not a "What went wrong" or "How could WOTC be fixed" it's just a "GAME WAS PERFECT, THEN OPTIONAL DLC GOT ADDED, NOW GAME BAD"

>What if we took a perfect XCOM game
NIGGA IF IT'S PERFECT HOW COULD YOU EVEN MAKE IT BETTER ANYWAYS

OP STOP BEING A GREAT BIG FAGGOTRON

Reapers were the Stalker cosplayers

They could be set up to one-shot the toughest enemies in the game, including the king aliens
They could solo a lot of missions just by virtue of how stealthy they could be

>TLP Police Station

Attached: 1544152536992.png (542x489, 524K)

was this any good? I loved the first one, got every achievement, played a tong of Long War, but the story going into the second one sounded lame, and Firaxis unironically pandering to the snake-tit perverts made me drop the game.

I also play x-com for the story.

>Firaxis unironically pandering to the snake-tit perverts made me drop the game

lmao, what a RETARD!

If you liked the first, then yes you'll like 2

EU>>EW>XCOM2>>>shit>>>>>>>WoTC

Attached: b4aef3ba.png (1068x640, 19K)

>XCOM2
>perfect xcom game

Attached: 1547999973381.png (400x225, 35K)

maximum shitposting list

>xcom 2 was perfect
what
>op mechanics
enemies have op shit too
>infinite zombies
it's a timer, leave the level retard
>moba units
what
>grand strategy meaningless
play legend difficulty if you want to spend a lot of time on the boring menu screens. old xcom had the best base management

I mean XCOM EU

Oh okay in that case I agree

yes

2 with the expansion is fantastic, my favourite xcom behind the original/tftd. it's better than enemy unknown imo but it's been a while since i beat eu

War of the chosen is a lot easier at endgame than the original, but XCOM has the same issue as total war games where the only challenge the game has is gone once you establish yourself anyway. One of the chosen popping up on a retaliation mission early is potentially campaign losing and the toys you get for finally hunting them down being OP doesn't change the fact that all endgame soldiers were op to begin with.
Besides that you have to have a larger roster with away missions and the LOL ZOMBIES make for a breakup in enemy types every once in a while.

You'll rarely feel the enemy's abilities when you hit the point where you're reliably wiping every enemy pod before they get a turn

When I found myself with a ranger equipped with a jet pack armed with the strongest shotgun in the game who could be made to fire upwards of four times at 100%+ crit chance after positioning himself perfectly, I knew this game was allowing me way too much power

>flies across the entire map, wastes ur overwatch, clones and knocks ur scout the fuck out and flies back into full cover
pssh... nothin personell... kid...

Attached: Xcom2_spectre.jpg (1024x576, 122K)

Play on a high difficulty and the only hero unit that retains its use is the Reaper. The other two are shit.
WotC is also the best XCOM game

the degree to which reapers trivialize blacksite missions is ridiculous

>free Weekend
>shitters try to play a game and make threads on 4channel.org

Attached: 1551375925978.png (448x468, 297K)

Reaper was great since you could track Chosen when they'd try to run out of your line of sight. Skirmisher and Templar were pretty meh.

>MOBA units
m8 those MOBA units are weak as fuck compared to these faggots. These fuckers are souped up OP super soldiers, much like their backgrounds states. Except for the Reaper, but then again a STALKER on steroids might classify as a super soldier.

Also the enemies have their own bullshit OP units.

>They could be set up to one-shot the toughest enemies in the game, including the king aliens

Repeater cheese is not consistent, and even without beta strike you are not going to one shot this nigger.

Attached: 20181103000701_1.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

I fucking hate Archons

> Start a new game
> oh man this is great
> Unlock predator armor
> Why do all my soldiers look retarded now?
> Unlock plasma weapons
> Game is suddenly an easy cakewalk
> Quit

Why does this always happen? The original XCOM too feels pointless to finish after you've researched the best weapons. It just becomes easy and grindy because of the forced encounters.

This, use gunslingers

Acid Grenade, and two quickdraw/fanfire gunslingers would always make this dude run away on his first turn.

>repeater'd the archon king with my first shot the first time I ever saw him
>mfw actually fighting him for real my next playthrough

Attached: 1544056406236.jpg (906x936, 849K)

You just get so many tools to deal with enemies in XCOM games while the enemy is largely just replaced with a more HP enemy.
Towards the end of EU/EW with its unlimited overwatch spam there was nothing Snipers couldnt kill the moment someone else saw it from literally across the entire map

I beat the game on Commander Beta Strike and Skirmishers were alright. Probably worse on regular Commander where their ability to flank and displace enemies is less useful.

Templar is genuinely useless, yes.

At the very least it'll be enough to drop him to his next 'runs away' threshold
Anything less meanwhile is just dead

a reaper scouting for deadzone snipers made snipers even more OP in xcom 2 than in 1 imo. Especially since you could fucking train them with bonus skills in War of the Chosen.

for me i like the arc of "get your shit kicked in early game, grow in power, then lategame crush the enemy under your feet without a single loss, roll credits". nothing wrong with that, i don't mind not feeling like the game is super difficult the entire time. but honestly it does lead to me restarting the game often, as the first 10 missions are often the most intense ones

I don't find Reaper's ability to deleted one thing all that useful on higher difficulties, because their damage is dogshit without banish and they kind of become a waste of a team slot.

To each their own.

>>What if we took a perfect XCOM game...

>the first XCOM
>completely dumbing down of the X-COM formula to appeal to braindead zoomers
>perfect game

Attached: 1552492891652.png (800x729, 48K)

Why do they feel so much less useful than MECs?

Attached: XCOM2_SPARK&BIT.jpg (1200x675, 122K)

Not him but I find the perma infiltration with permanant vision tagging super OP. Shit was even more OP than chameleon skin in Enemy Within.

that robot has his balls inside a net
what the fuck shen

What did devs mean by this?

Attached: 54df02d17ec2487ffee0f82e3b234da4.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

which DLCs are must buys for xcom 2?

>implying any zoomer on the fucking planet would ever play any XCOM

the recent one was awesome the one with the remastered original xcom OST

You achieve much the same level of destruction with a support gunner in an exoskeleton

All of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=8gOAj6wTLck

>>implying any zoomer on the fucking planet would ever play any XCOM
How do you explain the release of Mario Rabbids? Mario, the biggest gaming franchise in the world, was turned into an XCOM clone.

Attached: 1552492992360.jpg (562x490, 41K)

I don't even know why devs would obsess over streamlining a game like for consoles. Shit, SRPGs were always strong on consoles and those involved navigating basic menus and selecting tiles. This is the kind of genre where you cannot streamline without dumbing it down in the process or changing it so much it becomes something else entirely.

Attached: tacticsogreletusclingtogether_2a.1.jpg (1024x576, 174K)

War of the Chosen, Shen's Last Gift, Alien Hunters, and the TLP are the ones that actually add meaningful content
in terms of content added
>WotC>TLP>Alien Hunters>Shen's Last Gift

WotC is a much better game than EU/EW.
Don't even (((YOU))) me

Don't worry user, they'll get it with XCOM3.

>(((YOU)))
>when your tiny zoomer brain is filled to the brim with memes that it starts to control any logic you have left

because it's cumbersome. all those srpgs would basically be improved if they were released on pc with usable M&K. not even the same genre, but look at something like romance of the three kingdoms games. it's like night and day on pc and console.

Attached: Romance-of-the-Three-Kingdoms-XIII-Review-Screenshot-3.jpg (1280x720, 284K)

Furries should be added to the next game as bystanders you get rewards for killing.

>OP game winning mechanics
nope
>infinite zombies
They are worth barely any xp and a decent enemy variant
>moba hero units
100% better than the Alien Rulers
>Made grand strat meaningless
Covert Ops aren't good enough to ignore the strat layer.

It's Ubisoft. They ain't gotta explain shit. For all the comments they get about rehashing the same game ideas, they're also the only publisher still willing to make experimental indies and out there projects.

cant wait for XCOM3. EU/EW and 2/WotC were fantastic.
Also the more they preview from Phoenix Point, the more it looks like shit.

>*points a triangular laser pointer at you*
what the fuck even happens if you don't get out of range? I've never been more than mildly inconvenienced by that move

Attached: wooooowittooksixofyoutokillme.jpg (200x200, 13K)

just buy all of them, you can get them for pretty cheap as a complete pack on sale.

>because it's cumbersome. all those srpgs would basically be improved if they were released on pc with usable M&K. not even the same genre, but look at something like romance of the three kingdoms games. it's like night and day on pc and console.
What does that have to do with Firaxis XCOM? That was designed specifically around gamepads, which is why they removed mechanics like time units, and you can only move+attack on your turn.

Attached: 1550873895109.jpg (641x530, 36K)

The difference in difficulty if you encounter this guy on your first mission or the fucking Warlock is insane

>Also the more they preview from Phoenix Point, the more it looks like shit.

not really, it looks better mechanically with every build. no one likes the epic deal but you don't have to pretend the game is shit.

>That was designed specifically around gamepads, which is why they removed mechanics like time units

no, they removed time limits because they felt it wasn't working with the game. there is nothing about time units that doesn't work with controllers.

>cant wait for XCOM3. EU/EW and 2/WotC were fantastic.
>Also the more they preview from Phoenix Point, the more it looks like shit.

t. Firaxis shill

Phoenix Point looks a billion time better than Firaxis mediocre offerings, since they're utilizing the superior mechanics of the original X-COM and ditching nonsense like the pod system and 2 AP.

I played the last backer/preview build. It is legitimately boring as fuck right now

For me it's X-Com and Silent Storm.

Attached: aspecto.jpg (1440x900, 269K)

MOBA ruined RTS.

Magnetic guns>Base guns>Plasma guns
Base armor>>>Warden>Predator
TLP Guns>>>>>Base guns

Did anyone notice that plenty of Star Trek TNG cast members are voicing characters in this game?

Johnathan Frakes (Riker)
Michael Dorn (Worf)
Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar)
John de Lancie (Q)
Dwight Schulz (Broccoli)
Marina Sirtis (Troi)

for me its xenonauts
fuck the haters cant wait for the second game

jake specifically did this because he loves star track

inb4 everyone calls me a faggot, but I really want an XCOM style game set in Overwatch when they were fighting all the robot dudes and shit.

Only if the strategy layer is just fucking Phara

>the Hunter is Nolan North
three playthroughs and I had no idea

Attached: JUUUUUUUST.jpg (750x750, 42K)

I'm fine with that, too

>no, they removed time limits because they felt it wasn't working with the game. there is nothing about time units that doesn't work with controllers.
Time units allow for more in-depth micromanagement, since you can control each individual step and actions your unit takes, whereas nuXCOM only has move+attack. It would be possible to have time units on a gamepad, but the interface for it would be way more cumbersome compared to a mouse.

It's not just time units either. Reaction fire is gone, replaced by overwatch. The line-of-sight system is gone, replaced by an omniscient view that lets your characters see even things that are behind them and that they shouldn't logically be able to see. Enemy A.I. that would patrol and hunt down the player characters is gone, replaced by the pod activation system. The classless system is gone, replaced by a class system. The environment is no longer simulationist, but abstract: whereas in the original X-COM the main advantage of crouching behind a box would be that it could block a shot, in the new XCOM it just reduces the % chance of the enemy hitting you. Fully destructible environments are gone, and now the environments only have some very limited destructability in spots. Inventory system is gone. You can't aim freely anymore, you can only aim at a target now. There is no simulation of ballistics.

Of course, none of these things were necessarily mandated by Firaxis' console focus (even console turn-based games have inventory systems), but they were certainly a factor.

>Dragunova is Troi
This is cursed knowledge

>all that text

no, i don't agree that their lack of inclusion of those features is related to consoles and controllers. if anything it's just pure casualization.

if their priority were consoles, xcom2's console support wouldn't be so bad. consolefags don't even get all the available DLC.

Nu-XCOM was never good.

cringe and retardpilled

based

>if their priority were consoles, xcom2's console support wouldn't be so bad.
What do you mean, bad console support? Literally the entire interface of both Xcom games is designed around gamepads, and doesn't take any meaningful advantage of mouse/KB.

>no, i don't agree that their lack of inclusion of those features is related to consoles and controllers. if anything it's just pure casualization.
It;s a combination of both. Those features I listed are common in PC games, but they are very rare in consoel games.

I've never played XCOM 2 for one reason: the time limits scare me
The missions with time limits in 1 were horrible, I absolutely suck at them. And I dunno how I can finish the campaign without 20 missions of grinding thrown in

Just mod them out or use the ingame option to double their length.

>Firaxis unironically pandering to the snake-tit perverts made me drop the game.

Are you for real?

>Are you for real?
yes

>What do you mean, bad console support?

patches that are 6 months later than PC's, save erasing bugs, and not having all the content that PC has as i mentioned. xcom 2 is clearly a pc game first.

Too bad they added all that alien shit.
I know it was to link it even more to X-com but the game would be far better as a story of agents infiltrating bases with WWII weapons.

No really. This isn't a joke? I'd actually be a little mad if it isn't.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

yeah, I'm honestly actually serious. That shit really pissed me off when it was getting spammed all over, it disgusts me. Then their official twitter reposted some of it with some wink wink type shit and I just decided to completely avoid the game and keep playing Long War.

But it was cool and funny. I don't understand why you wouldn't like a little snake girl banter. It's not like it was actual furry stuff because the snake alien is obviously not fapbait.

> Really into the "scrappy underdog resistance" look.
> Forced to change into awful power armor and power rangers.

Attached: Skärmbild (113).png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

>xcom 2 is clearly a pc game first.
Not in any meaningful sense, since it takes much more inspiration from turn-based console games (hence move+attack instead of time units) and an interface designed for gamepads.

Define "forced".

>the snake alien is obviously not fapbait

why'd they give it titties then

Definition of forced

1 : compelled by force or necessity : involuntary a forced landing
2 : done or produced with effort, exertion, or pressure a forced laugh

To show that it's female.

JUST MOD THAT SHIT NIGGA
The one thing really pissing me off is how the Commander is now Goku

wow, that's really sexist

>not using mods so you can keep the same look although the game

Something something muscles to spit acid/poison unlike the snakes on our world that inject

>It's not like it was actual furry stuff because the snake alien is obviously not fapbait.

Fuck off, it's all I saw posted on here. "cool and funny", what the hell is wrong with you? furry vore bullshit being pushed by the devs and it's all I saw instead of people talking about the game. Miss me with that bullshit.

Attached: 1446751688024.jpg (587x828, 97K)

Yes, good. Now correlate this definition to the manner in which one is "forced" to use power ranger armor in Xcom 2.

>not wanting your self-insert to be goku

sounds like a personal problem to me

I can't mod it. I'm running the fitgirl version.

Attached: 1553337720495.jpg (365x404, 22K)

openXcom!

You can mod pirated shit too
xcom2.smods.ru

in loud missions, they're great as scouts. Having the ability to keep an eye on enemy movements alone is enough to warrant bringing them along. Their abilities like claymore and remote detonate are situational but devastating when used properly.

The main reason to keep a few handy is that they can solo facility destructions and rescue missions. The skirmishers and zealots are also mostly utility with subpar damage output but their abilities are much less of a game-changer.

i can agree that snakefags were pretty annoying at their height. a lot of them admitted they didn't play the game, just found the snake hot, so that's probably the reason why.

It's not like that was ever officially promoted. The trailers just showed the snake girls as being like any other enemy. Really now, you're being a jealous girlfriend about this.

>.ru

I can't risk it.

>nuCOM
>anywhere near perfect
Dum dum you are, OP.

stop being stupid

it's a safe site, i've used it for my fitgirl install for multiple playthroughs, it's just a reupload site for steamworkshop content for many games including xcom 2. it has all the big mods, long war 2 etc

>encounter hunter
>spends the entire mission jumping from place to place and pointing a laser pointer at you
>Warlock
>MISCREANTS I AM THE ELDERS'S MOST LOYAL CHAMPION, GO FORTH AND DO THE ELDERS'S WILL!
>screams loudly and spams exploding zombies, mind controls your best guy, dazes your entire team, summons stun lancer ghosts

Because they are quickly outpaced by normal operatives and there are generally better ways to spend your elerium cores.

>>It's not like that was ever officially promoted.
>official twitter posted it several times

keep your weird faggot analogies to yourself and fuck off

what is the "high ground sniper and spotter with memetic skin" of XCOM2?

>uses repack by russian tranny
>nuh, can't risk clicking that .ru

just
mod
them

kek

Attached: 1407688973813.jpg (500x461, 79K)

>Yea Forums doesn't like WoTC
This is your punishment for letting /xcg/ die Commander, their death was only the beginning.

Attached: 1506578478297.jpg (1920x1080, 727K)

assault ranger with bladestorm/reaper and assassin's katana, sniper with hunter's rifle, or reaper with banish, extended mag, and repeater

>not using LWPP and also disabling the hero classes

I'm sorry. It's just that I think you're a femanon who's jealous of the snake girl because she got male attention.

is that Thanos? does he do the floss dance?

is this some subtle plan to get me to show you my dick

Miscreant

Attached: 1505264001305.png (948x717, 202K)

That would just make me think you're a jelly homoanon.

>XCOM

Attached: 1466530440259.gif (540x303, 2.57M)

>soldier with fusion axe gets captured
>no big deal, just wait for a rescue covert action
>doesn't show up immediately
>doesn't show up next month, or the month after that
>he's not on the wall of casualties
>posters of him captured show up in missions so it did actually happen
>spot the fucker's stupid haircut in the bar one day
>he just didn't want to work and pretended to be captured

Attached: 1538732736142.jpg (500x500, 63K)

He only had a 40% chance to hit.

still waiting for xcom3 to be announced

The 2 games I would DIE for sequels to would be Silent Storm and Commandos.

I'm still holding out hope for a new Commandos game because Kalypso (the same devs that made Tropico) picked up the rights to the Commandos series.

I kind of got my fix with Shadow Tactics, but what I wouldn't give for a sequel to Commandos 2 and 3 with inventory management and full interior buildings.

That game was absolutely ahead of its time. Top-tier gameplay and the maps were outstanding (and still are desu).

Picture related.

Forgot picture.

Attached: 2-1024_605.jpg (1024x777, 140K)

didn't you ever watch pulp fiction? that shit happens

youtube.com/watch?v=2ar3NwhcCms

kek remember when we were tired of all the fucking Commando clones?
RIP the entire genre

Literally never heard of it before.

resorted to cheating in my legend I/I run because the AI is so fucking gay
I know the AI needs to see the entire map at once to work but when a heavy MEC runs in a perfect line to get the optimal grenade volley at people he can't even see from his position really fucks me off

As someone who has tried to play it on a gamepad, on PC, no, no it is not.

Even my shitty console using friends find the interface annoying and cumbersome with the controller on a platform natively designed for it.

I feel that the successful integration of RTS mechanics, as seen in Red Alert 2 and 3's console ports, among others, proves that a game with a far less "immediate reaction needed" scope is easily possible and achievable; hell, Civilization 2 got a quite nice Playstation port.

Your logic also falls apart in light of the fact that OG Xcom AND terror from the deep were also both ported to the original playstation with the features intact; I highly doubt Firaxis completely ignored that the original mechanics worked fine on a gamepad and then somehow came to any conclusion that they wouldn't work on a gamepad.

The change thus seems unlikely to have been motivated even remotely by any concerns of "Would this work on a gamepad"; We and they have seen, objectively, that it works absolutely fine on a gamepad.

If you cheated it means you cheated. There's no justification for it. Do you think it's okay because you went to slightly more effort than just turning the difficulty down? Fuck off, both are the same thing.

isn't legend difficulty the same as commander for field battles? i thought it's just 'commander + everything takes longer to research/more expensive'

no, legend has extra health for enemies and removes the aim bonuses commander has.

no, legend has extra health for enemies and removes the aim bonuses commander has.

>but when a heavy MEC runs in a perfect line to get the optimal grenade volley at people he can't even see from his position really fucks me off

i don't know why you have a problem with this, you can do this exact thing with your units and launching grenades on enemies your current unit can't see.

Shadow Tactics was decent, but doesn't really scratch that Commandos 2 itch.

>those maps
>interiors
>finding all sorts of equipment (mostly explosives) that can break the game too

Why they didnt add a cute snekk hero? It was the rightful option and everyone know it.

Attached: 1540646474486.png (931x723, 39K)

Thread should’ve ended here.

Attached: 1533081826814.png (808x755, 497K)

someone recommend a good weapon mod that doesn't affect the gameplay

You hate the beam weapon effect too? Looks so daft. 'Oh Mr. alien, will you please sit still while this beam locks on and builds up before it finally zaps you'

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1267164077&searchtext=
lasers and coilguns my man

a hentai game is literally harder than nuXcom2

Attached: PSW2.jpg (803x625, 279K)