youtube.com/watch?v=zSl8VqlTLYQ

>fans do a better job than billion dollar corporation
>again

>some decals not rendering
>ripples on the skybox water invisible
>textures missing glow, color change masking, specularity, and detail maps
>Captain Keyes is using a pre-release model and textures
>The plasma panel bump map doesn't render
>The flag base and teleporter base are missing their collision models.
>Xbox warthog has a "medium" blip size, but PC is set to large.
>Error angles are different between PC and Xbox for the plasma rifle and pistol weapons.
>Skyboxes are unaffected by fog when the camera is underneath a fog plane.
>Active camo renders differently on PC than Xbox. The effect is much more visible
>Many shaders in Halo PC have added specular bloom that wasnt present on xbox, causing things to appear brighter and some shaders to become blown out white.
>Bumped-cubemap glass may appear as static noise
>On framerates higher than 30FPS, contrails will end up twisting like ribbons
>Scenarios and their BSP's are different between PC and Xbox. It appears that the entire tagset used in the PC release is was a pre-release tagset, and as a result there are many instances where level geometry differs, both visually and in regards to collision.
>Sounds don't play properly. Music wont always properly transition between tracks, some tracks and cinematics wont play at the right times.
>missing sound DSP effects
>The functionality of the shader_transparent_generic tag is not implemented

>this is the version used for the MCC on console
>all fixed on PC by modders

Attached: jpg[1].jpg (690x388, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
youtube.com/watch?v=36kcjLuOBCU&t=62s
youtu.be/VSHH6wAxV0k?t=38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>used for the mcc
Incorrect.

it is correct. mcc uses the gearbox port for whatever godforsaken reason. only the xbox 360 backwards compatible uses the original xbox version.

The fucked PC version was used for MCC

The only good thing gearbox did was decouple some things from frame rate, Halo PC is still the only halo that can run at ~1000 FPS and not totally shit the bed.

Gaming companies are garbage.

HIRE THIS MAN

filtered

>fans: bunch of white dudes who have loved the franchises for years and are poorley motivated by passion
>billion dollar corporation: full of female and black diversity employees who only got the job to fill a quota. have zero interest in games or passion for the franchise. they actually hate it for being full of "white, male patriarchy" and try to change it as much as possible to fit their "progressive" feminist agenda

I think you're reading into this a bit too much.

The water looks strange in the Xbox version

kill yourself

I think you are a faggot

Enjoy spending the rest of your life tilting at windmills.

it's just gearbox
they were always hacks

Who gives a shit about Halo 1?
The reason MCC coming to PC is a big deal is because of 2, 3, 4, and ODST will finally be playable on PC.
Anyone who plays PC will already have played Halo 1 on PC when it was originally released.

Stupid AF thread.

retarded fag

Oh wow you really got him there man.

>him
kill yourself

lol don't care. Still gonna buy MCC on PC.

>kill yourself
Make me, loser.

esl retard

Gearbox port was indeed shit, i don't know how they fucked it up, 99% of Xbox to PC ports were fine

Lore wise, what was the surface area of the halo compared to earth?

Keep replying to me.

keep replying to me

keep replying to me

>Gearbox ... i don't know how they fucked it up

How does a console shooter have such a large PC modding community?

10000km diameter
318 wide
31146 circumference
9990288 square
comparable to USA or china

It's got a really good toolset. Perhaps the one thing they didn't fuck up was releasing proper tools for a good engine. hopefully mcc will have similar support for the halo 3 engine

I was playing Halo 1 on MCC on XB1 and noticed a few things. The sound when you take out the assault rifle is wrong. The drop ship shoots at you but the projectiles don't come from the gun. In the Anniversary graphics you can't see the bullet in the chamber for the pistol.

Hmm.

Attached: anniversary.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

same as mcc, or rather, mcc is the same as that one

This is the first I've heard of Anniversary/MCC using the gearbox port at all. The information I can find across the various halo sites and developer interviews is that 343 used the original engine, a rendering engine called saber3d for the new graphics, halo reach's engine for multiplayer, and that they used as much of the original assets as possible.

that's marketing jargon, attentive players notice that the anniversary "original" graphics has all the same bugs as the gearbox port which are not present in the original and backwards compatible versions, it's pretty easy to draw the connection from there.

what BC versions? xbox original or halo ce anniv (360)?

why do these fuckwits always screw up simply porting a game. how incompetent and lazy can you be.

the one you get if you stick your original xbox disc into a 360 or xbone. and also the digital download version that was available for 360 for a while before anniversary.

This is very misleading.

The Gearbox portion of CEA is the multiplayer, because the original Xbox version didn't have any netcode features. The SP is from the original Xbox game.

Attached: babby.jpg (385x383, 19K)

>The Gearbox portion of CEA is the multiplayer
that was a halo reach reskin. the original multiplayer wasn't included at all.

gearbox version didn't have netcode features either so lag was a huge issue.

Halo 1 Anniversary uses Halo Reach for multiplayer

No, MCC uses the PC versions of 1 & 2

>that was a halo reach reskin. the original multiplayer wasn't included at all.
It's literally included in the MCC, which once again comes from the Gearbox version because it had netcode features built in.

>gearbox version didn't have netcode features either
What? Netcode features is literally just the ability to connect online.

It does not in Halo MCC, which is what we're talking about. It's the Gearbox multiplayer from the PC version of Halo CE. The SP itself is from the OG Xbox, because they never included CE multiplayer in the OG release.

>Netcode features is literally just the ability to connect online
no, halo already had lan/system link support. connection always was there.

netcode features is compensating for lag properly and dealing with packet loss and connection issues.

how come xbox games don't just work on a pc? isn't xbox a wintel computer with directx etc.?

you are a complete fucking moron. anniversary did not have multiplayer at all, and whether it's in mcc or not, the whole thing is the gearbox port.

the OS is different, and it supports a number of features that aren't in PC directx, so it's not a straight port. also the reason emulator development has been so slow.

MCC PC will have the horrific non-centered crosshairs, won't it?

they said on plebbit they're looking into it

No promises = it won't happen

can't trust a thing 343 says
youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88

>It's literally included in the MCC
It wasn't. The multiplayer from the original CEA disc was just a cut-down version of Reach. It could even LAN with Reach.

Yes it is, you can youtube it. I don't even own MCC or an xbone but they have a Halo 1 multiplayer (non-reach version) on the MCC version of Halo 1

youtube.com/watch?v=36kcjLuOBCU&t=62s

the 360 anniversary disc has the Reach version

that being said the MCC version of Halo CE seems to be disappointing garbage since it's not based on the original xbox version. Looks like we may as well stick with Halo Custom Edition unless someone gets 343 to notice the missing fog effects, shaders etc.

even the sound effects aren't from Halo CE

>anniversary did not have multiplayer at all,
It does in MCC you fucking retard, which is the topic of discussion. The MCC has Halo CE multiplayer.

Imagine the generations of kids who played a buggy piece of shit version of Halo and think that's how it's supposed to be.

Imagine Half-Life 1 and 2 which are even more fucked than halo.

All these seminal genre defining games are in fucking shambles.

Fuck this retard industry.

Have you actually played the MCC or are you simply talking shit about a topic you have no understanding of? The MCC unifies and changes several HUD elements and sounds.

the youtube link has remastered sounds instead of original. I have read on forums that you can toggle classic music but you can't toggle classic sound effects. Is this true or false?

1 microsoft points have been deposited into your account

I don't know about campaign, but there is no such toggle for multiplayer.

So that's a bad thing, then. I wasn't talking shit, I was simply stating a fact.

I'm not even the user you were responding to, I was just providing information.

ok

true. this was a dead giveaway.

I would create a clip that compares them myself but this is partly false. You can't use your OG Halo disc in an XB1 because it sees it as already being covered by MCC (LOL). Same with Halo 2. Halo CE Anniv, 3, ODST, Reach and 4 will install from the original 360 disc on an Xbox One.

who cares
people will mod the game and make as good as the fanmade halo stuff.

compare
youtu.be/VSHH6wAxV0k?t=38