You either indirectly kill everyone in a weird homosexual fit or undo every your choice...

>You either indirectly kill everyone in a weird homosexual fit or undo every your choice, basically making the whole story pointless
Are you cereal?
Life is Strange needs a third ending, one which doesn't throw everything you've achieved out of the window.

Attached: 1422715281life-is-strange-logo-new.jpg (1050x361, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_DNEaXiXaQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And yes, I just finished it.

>Life is Strange needs a third ending
Pleb's status: FILTERED

>unironically playing this game
What is this faggotry?

Attached: 1551499741398.jpg (782x778, 103K)

It doesn't have to be homosexual at the end by the way. You can clearly make Max straight if you want to, and stay friend with Chloe.
Bae > Bay

As I recall, if you don’t kiss Chloe, Max writes in her diary that she wishes she had or something along those lines.

>basically making the whole story pointless
It's very unsatisfying for the player but it's actually great for the story.
Max has to accept that there are some things in life you simply can't change. It's a life-lesson pretty much everyone will experience at some point.
Video games are the only medium that would allow the audience to make decisions as if they were Max, so in this way the game utilises the medium to tell a story rather brilliantly.
The issue is that whilst the player will share the frustration Max feels, the game went against what was expected of it. That might've been okay, but the final episode is just such a crock of shit that it makes the game seem significantly worse - and the ending choice a priduct of that quality drop, rather than a send-off for the major theme of the game.

Max always considers both choices. When you pick one, she asks herself if doing the opposite would have been better. Somehow.
When you discuss with Kate in her bedroom and tell her to go to the police, Max would say it was a stupid move (or something like that) because of the Prescott's influence on the city. But at the end, that's the best choice if you want to help Kate.

But anyway, in the canon Max and Chloe loves each other. And for once, a gay relationship works and doesn't come from nowhere.

it was fine.
Ending where you thow away everything, it makes you feel like you've experienced something deep and in the end lost it, or better fucking yet like me i've never connected to this shit game and why the fuck should i kill half of town for some retarded ass thot

>why the fuck should i kill half of town for some retarded ass thot
THANK you. Chloe was such a self-centered annoying bitch, I could never bring myself to sympathize with her (or Max doing all the shit for her sake). Actually sympathized more with her step-dad in spite of the game's hamfisted CONSERVATIVE MAN BAD writing.

You fuck with the time over and over again and yet the only drawback of moving back to the toilet in the end is that it plays out as it was intended. Afterwards you benefit from it so immensely that only having the blue slut dying is not big enough a price to pay for the gains. The ending is pure bullshit.
Meanwhile the whole town being destroyed because you fucked around too much is more fitting and an actual price to be paid for everything.

The only choice that matters is the last one, there is literally no point to ever playing if there arent any other endings, and i dont mean slight variations, i want actually different endings.

The fact that fucking around with time causes a deadly disaster makes the ending where Chloe dies even worse. If rewinding a few minutes here and there causes a giant death tornado, then undoing the entire week would probably destroy the solar system.

>basically making the whole story pointless
This is why every butterly effect stories are so shit, there is never a "good and proper" way to end em. It's all or nothing.

And probably if there wasn't a binary choice between bad and worse, there would be criticism over having your cake and eating it too. Though when it comes to videogames it would be possible to design choices so that players can earn another ending with the correct choices. Not good choices but the right ones. Like in Black Ops 2 where one of the characters needs to let your friend die so that he could be in the right place at a right time to take a bullet for someone who is necessary for saving a lot of people.

The tornado is a fucking retarded plot point

I did it for her.

Attached: 1552745592259.jpg (895x1070, 121K)

I don't get it. So, you're saying that the story is good, but at the same time the ending was shit?

What exactly does the player achieve over the course of the game though?
Thinking back on it, everything Max does seems like hollow, superfluous bullshit. The story doesn't go anywhere, you just bum around your college and idle away time with the drop out until tornado happens.

Attached: 1550724619508.jpg (748x748, 82K)

Savimg people, solving a murder, restoring relationships with several people, including Chloe's family.

I didn't comment on the story. The theme I'm talking about was nicely explored though.
I'm saying that a major theme of the game is absolitely perfect for an interactive medium, because it's all about decisions and consequences of actions. The issue is, it also leaves the player feeling dissatisfied.
It's kind of a lose-lose situation; which I think is an interesting dilemma. I don't see how the issue can be fixed.
You could say that the disappointment and frustration the player experiences is exactly how Max would feel. But even if the final episode was phenomenol up to that point, that would be a difficult sell to the audience. With how terrible the final episode is, I think people just ignore what the ending was trying to say; they certainly deserved more anyway.

Maybe the writer/director wasn't going for this at all. It's my interpretation of it regardless.

This, it appeared before using the powers even and there is no reason Chloe's death should stop it.

Maybe some secret ending available after the first walkthrough could do the trick. That way devs would be able to preserve the message, but also give a player actually satisfying ending. Plus it would've added to replayability, which is always a good thing.

>achieved
you dont achieve anything playing games, it just is a dopamine hit, you got your fun now fuck off

> Saving people
I think saving Kate adds a hospital scene, but besides that and a few throw-away lines of dialogue saving her does little to effect the story or game-play, letting her die has a similar level of impact. Saving fat girl from minor inconveniences and then the tornado also has no substantial effect.
>Murder mystery
I actually kind of liked this aspect of the game, but it felt like it came and went so quickly. The lionshare of this plot was crammed into a single episode, which sort of hobbled the build-up.
>Restoring relationships
Yes, a great deal of the game focuses on this, but what reason is there for the player be invested in it though? The vacuous writing isn't convincing me to care. The cringe-worthy acting isn't convincing me to care. The practically non-existent repercussions on narrative and game-play aren't convincing me to care.

All things said, LiS is still infinitely better than Life is Hella: Before the cunt, Captain Autism, and Life is Furry: Reckless and Needless endangerment.

I suppose that would be a good compromise, but I'd imagine players would take the secret ending as being the "true" ending.

>LiS is still infinitely better than Life is Hella: Before the cunt, Captain Autism, and Life is Furry: Reckless and Needless endangerment.
Damn, are they that much worse? I only finished LiS recently.

>implying you would want to do anything other than save Chloe

Besides , they dont show any dead bodies or blood in that ending , so im pretty sure the townsfolk got out safe and they are a-OK,only the buildings got smashed up a little

Attached: hellathicc.jpg (1063x752, 98K)

I dont know about the new game but the prequels were total shit , they were just like the bioshock infinite DLCs...totally pointless

How can townfolk be safe, when in alternate reality you witnessed deaths of so many of them?

But we dont see anybody so we can assume they got out,otherwise the town would be littered with bodies

im fine with a couple assholes dying anyway,that school was full of em

This is a bad game.
youtube.com/watch?v=_DNEaXiXaQ8

Attached: ross.png (320x291, 121K)

So, you know how time-travel is the central game mechanic, and one of the most intriguing points of LiS.
Imagine if that didn't exist, and instead your character is just an unrepentant cunt. That is what LiS: Before the Storm be.
Continue imagining if that didn't exist, and instead your character is a child who spends the game at home with his depressed, alcoholic father and pretends that interesting things are happening in lieu of interesting things actually happening, then he falls out of a tree. That is what Captain Spirit be.
Don't stop imagining if that didn't exist, and instead your character is an pot-head who digs himself, and by proxy his little brother, into an increasingly deeper hole by continuously evading the authorities for reasons that even he can't coherently articulate, in order to flee to a place in Mexico that he has never been, which he dad apparently lived in at one point in his life. That is what LiS2 be.

Attached: WeCannotLiveInAWorldOfChaos.jpg (800x603, 221K)

I just want a GF like Max, Yea Forums. Why is that so impossible? My coworker fits the mold a bit, but less "hip." Super into her, but can't do much about it right now.

Attached: 1514123200421.jpg (802x801, 96K)

Why not user?

Long story short
>ex leaves me in June
>Been dating over a decade so pretty hard on me
>social circles a bit smaller, but can focus on me
>start really noticing my coworker
>personality is incredible, has Max like cuteness, massive lit/history/music nerd
>August, so talk myself out of saying something because don't want to ruin dynamic and honestly not ready
>flash forward to end of November
>bonded like hell over the past few month, essentially best friends
>start inviting her out with my friends
>she always comes, and we always focus on talking with one another
>casually mentions guy she's been talking to one day at work
>soon becomes her boyfriend
>they talk alot but don't see each other too often
>jealous, but still can't justify making things awkward at work since we are literally a team of 3, the other being my manager.

tl;dr - Timing and circumstance is a bitch, user.

Tough break buddy, but hey, sounds like you got a good thing going, despite everything.
Consider playing the field a little on the side though. It's good practice and if she does enjoy your company as much as you claim, seeing you mingle with other women might push her to make a move.
Alternatively, you could end up hooking someone you like even more than her, and end up putting her in the friendzone.

Yes the ending was terrible. Read the comics if you want a sort of third ending

We'll see how things go. She's a bit introverted in many ways so I don't see her making a move ever, but I do feel like something is there.

I am talking to someone right now, and things are going well for what it is. But you know, the other is kind of there always.

Thanks for listening.

Attached: LiS-Episode3.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

You can do everything to not romance Chloe and Max will still question her gayness in the diary

>LiS is a story about coming of age and how we need to learn to accept how things are
>"True" ending has you literally erase your mistakes and never take responsibility

Attached: wowzer.png (539x440, 153K)

Do we even know which ending is canon?

The bae ending

Doesn't really matter. If Max saves Chloe she has successfully wished away Chloe's inevitable death. If Max lets Chloe die, she has successfully wished away her own choice of attempting to change things and causing a disaster. In either case she doesn't accept reality.
I still think Dontnod intended bay to be the true ending because of how it's supposedly the moral thing to do but there are so many plot holes that it never came across that way and half the players chose Chloe anyway.

Question: Isn't this game one giant grandfather paradox, or am I misunderstanding something?

There's no grandfather paradox with parallel timelines.

Don’t even care if Chloe dies but am upset that all character development is thrown away. Kate is still suicidal, David is still a dickhead and Victoria best girl btw is still a cunt

>never take responsibility
>literally spent a week trying to keep your death-magnet best friend from dying only to realize god wants her DEAD
>have to rewind and listen to her die

nothing in the game indicates that there's any such thing in the lore as a god or destiny

Dude, Chloe manages to stuck on a fucking railroad. If it's not destiny, I don't know what is.

It was definitely destiny trying to kill Chloe, otherwise that big fuck off tornado wouldn't have happened. Something destined her to die, and it would kill anyone around her to do so if Max didn't just let her get shot.

I see, but then... wait.
What about the parallel Maxs? Shouldn't they also have time travel?

>Max is the one that's supposed to be dead
I didn't see that twist coming.

Attached: RCO014_1551309997.jpg (1054x1600, 390K)

That is the most retarded bit of superstition that anyone can formulate. "It's not the automated switching system that realigns rails when a train is approaching that got Chloe stuck on the rail. It's an unspecified metaphysical force."
The big tornado happened because someone warped spacetime around the planet so much that The Moon from two different parallel timelines existed in the same space simultaneously. Unprecedented tidal forces messed up meteorological phenomena and the navigation of birds and sea creatures.

An infinite number of Maxs have time travel ability because they too went to the bathroom at the right moment and saw Chloe get shot.

That doesn't make any sense.

>If the outcome of a story is the same the experiences of the character are pointless

Imagine being to much of a brainlet to understand a simple coming of age story

See, that right there, would make for a more interesting game than what we got.
>Start off by having infinite Maxs trying to solve an inane problem using time travel, that quickly evolves into an infinitely cascading Gordian knot of botches, screw-ups, and the occasional Pyrrhic victory that only serve to create new problems.
>You are Max, one among countless trillions, you must to figure out how to stop your parallel selves from unintentionally mangling the timeline before space-time ruptures under the strain, ideally without fucking up in an equally atrocious manner.

I get what you're saying, but point is this is hella unsatisfying.

Sure it's unsatisfying because it's a shitty story, but it's not pointless.
Stories like The Body by Stephen King have fuck all happening in the grand Scheme but they still are very good character driven coming of age stories.