Baba Is You

Can someone help me solve this?

Attached: trolly problem.png (592x645, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypknY6nIDe0&t=247s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go to the flag and pick it up

This.
This isn't a trolly problem OP.

Attached: baba is thicc.png (1110x733, 13K)

CEASE

I want to see the results.

Attached: 1432340699914.jpg (600x612, 58K)

Do it, coward

OP is that a screenshot from the game? because that doesn't look very good.

>This isn't a trolly problem OP.

Attached: trolley problem.jpg (611x611, 31K)

its the dark souls of puzzle games

bare your mortal eyes...

Attached: asfasdghgf.png (1000x1000, 44K)

I enabled the level editor.

MONITORING THIS THREAD

>mfw Not Baba Is You

Attached: THHPII.png (584x284, 200K)

vinny is stream

Stream is vinny

Been having a blast playing it so far, but I'm trying to solve every puzzle by myself without looking up hints or solutions so I'm cautious of threads.

Attached: sonic.png (234x319, 150K)

The fuck is a vinny?

Wtf am I missing in Meta? I completed all 15 levels (got the dandelions) and the two extra levels and the level hidden on the flower and I made Level is Win but I still haven't completed the area apparently

BABA IS

Attached: 4.jpg (798x800, 156K)

Imagine the possibilities with a level editor.
Now imagine them, but you can put text outside the level boundaries.

Attached: 1536240439386.png (556x553, 380K)

Baba Is You And NoClip

Imagine Baba is Kaizo.

>LONELY WALL IS HIDE
>>>>>>>>IS
>>>>>>>>STOP

full mod support. custom coding and words.

baba is THICC makes it take a 2x2 square. is THICC and THICC makes it take a 3x3 square.

Just got this game and played through the first 3 worlds or so, this game is seriously on zachtronics levels of difficulty. Wall is move was very entertaining though

That'd be like picking the 'don't pull the lever' option though since the skulls are already on the belts, so the MEs will die when you move over to the flag.

However, you could also kill the KEKE and then make the flag into a me and a keke at the same time and then make either me or keke win. The question is though, would that make that resurrected keke a p-zombie?

What about Baba is Thin?

Roughly .5x.5.
Assuming you are also controlling Baba, anything can be placed on top of you as if you were phasing (no Push/Pull/Stop/You), but you can't Push or Pull anything.
And secretly does not trigger the Near modifier.

This is the first time I've been mad that (what I thought was a) solution doesn't work. Why the fuck doesn't the belt shift the ghost up?

Attached: 2019-03-23 01_31_47-Baba Is You.png (1360x768, 37K)

because you didn't make belt is shift

let the skulls kill mes
then turn skulls into mes

Belt isn't SHIFT user

Well shit

Attached: 1509136286852.png (800x729, 48K)

>All the Meta shenanigans romhackers could get up to
>Making levels that permanently turn into objects that break other levels if you don't complete it fast enough
>Levels that you have to keep turning into different objects to access different parts of the map
>ALL is HIDE

why would you pay money for some 3rd grader crayon scribbles sold as game? it is like you want games to die.

If you're looking for the MEGA link, check the archive. It's posted every thread and I don't feel like spoonfeeding you.

POST IS BAIT
________IS
________WEAK

Someone post baba is pissed and has knife please

>thiccfags still exist
Back to bbwchan with you.

>early game is all complex logic puzzles I have trouble with
>late game starts to get meta and I gradually have an easier time
>finally leave the map
I feel at home here.

Attached: fuck the rules.png (1920x1080, 24K)

Please...

Help.

Attached: 20190323014555_1.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

Ty

Here's a hint: You can PUSH things that SINK without sinking yourself.

Instead of sinking "SINK", sink "WATER". Try going from there.

You don't have enough pushable objects to push through all the skulls no matter what you do. Think instead of how you can reach a position that Flag is Win can be formed.
Perhaps by sinking one of the skulls.

If only you could sink those skulls.

don't listen to the people telling you to sink the skulls
it makes mustard gas

(YOU) is WIN

The SINK modifier makes a specific noun SINK things that move onto it. In order to do that, I need access to the bottom or right side of SKULL to give myself the ability to SINK something inside it, right? I had thought about that, but it didn't seem possible, and I cannot move SKULL itself, either, so that's no good.

SINK destroys both the object that is SINK and the object it collides with.

make cog is sink and push a cog into the leftmost skull

You're not thinking about it enough.
There is exactly ONE object you have that can be used to clear a block of water. And it's not the cog.

*without making the level unwinnable
oops

I literally just thought about that moments before I saw these posts. That's kind of some dumb esoteric knowledge that isn't conveyed very well, same with the prison level where it depends on you realizing that objects that are YOU also invisibly gain the STOP modifier and lose that when they are no longer YOU.

How Sink works is not dumb, esoteric knowledge. Sink is one of the most common fucking obstacles in the game and is introduced in the very first level of the very first subworld, where your very first challenge is getting sink off Baba so it doesn't destroy anything itself along with anything it collides with.

sink is shut and open

Objects that are you don't gain Stop. You can push text onto you with another you. Objects that are you get half of Push, specifically the ability to move objects, not the collision prevention.

It's more like a 2-way Weak.

>not collision prevention
When I was just in Prison, I had Keke and Baba surrounding the phrase "Wall is Stop", trying to basically squeeze it between the two using the wall. I couldn't push the next onto either one of them. What you're saying about Push makes sense, except that there would always be either Keke or Baba that isn't pushing towards the phrase but is instead having the phrase pushed towards them, which by all measures should count for what "collision detection" is.

Specifically, things that are PUSH are inherently solid and can be moved by things that move into them, assuming that there is space to move.
Things that are YOU or MOVE are not inherently solid. This is why MOVE objects don't push you if you stand in front of them.

give me hint I dont get it

Attached: ss+(2019-03-23+at+11.37.19).png (1538x885, 51K)

Objects that are being pulled will also pull any other pullable objects

it makes sense with push but is stupid with pull

Guys i turned level nine (on the main map) into baba and now i can't get into it again, what do?

You need something moving vertically in line with the mushroom in order to get it off the foliage. Is there a way to change an object's direction when it's aligned with the mushroom? I'm sure you can PULL it off.

Can you reset while on the map? I haven't gotten to that weird meta shit yet, so I haven't actually had to try.

pic for reference

Attached: BabaOops.png (1920x1080, 116K)

I said prevention, not detection. If you move an object, both you and the object move, so you won't collide. That's what You does. It has no collision prevention.

>When I was just in Prison, I had Keke and Baba surrounding the phrase "Wall is Stop", trying to basically squeeze it between the two using the wall. I couldn't push the next onto either one of them.
Well then your game is bugged because that works fine. Fuck's sake, not collision prevention is how you stack Is You characters against walls, which you do in tons of levels to deal with less clone mess.

90% certain the level reset option on the menu should fix it.

Tried that, even tried re launching the game didn't help
I didn't even know something like this was going to happen
I was just curious and did Level Is Baba
I haven't even finished the level proper yet and now i can't get into it anymore

Just get the level selector and Baba on the same tile. Baba treats levels as solid but can move over anything else, the cursor can move over levels but is otherwise restricted to the white lines. You can figure it out!

baba fell over

Attached: 1550285091352.png (210x181, 3K)

BABA is DOWN

Did that but it doesn't let me select baba like a level

Attached: BabaOops2.png (1920x1080, 159K)

Nvm once i got the crusor and baba off the white line i could select it, thanks

Now the cursor is traveling with Baba. You can select Baba's level if you move off the white line.
You can also visit an otherwise inaccessible level

Is that what I think it is

Yeah, it's baba

What the actual hell are you supposed to do in Garden-9?

>cannot find the fucking last level in Meta
>finally get tired enough to look it up
This is literally the most bullshit secret in this game. What the fuck.

Is it like, Braid star levels of bullshit secret?

Nevermind, figured it out.
That fucking ON was a goddamn red herring.

I really need to stop youtubeing solutions...

every time I feel I could have solved it with more time

No, it's not that bad. Just be prepared to think outside the box when looking for it. Emphasis on outside and box.

Am I missing something here or what the hell?
You can just walk into the goal.

Attached: endless corridor.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

And now I'm stuck on Garden-8...
Great.

Baba is not for lewd! Only Anni is

>rock is you

Doesn't matter. The corridor for the rock isn't long enough.

Attached: endless corridor2.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

The corridor is too long*

Might be just a bugged level that got patched later

This game has made me feel subhuman.

Same thing, just how 2 directionally aligned SHIFTs make MOVE without the bouncing off solid objects.

keke is incel

What are some good albums to listen to while playing this

>Baba 3D
y/N?

NO

>4-5 the haunt
Aaaaah I'm so fucking close but I can't figure out how to get an IS into the LOVE IS WIN while not breaking BABA IS YOU

Just figured this one out, I feel so fucking smart. I really need to keep thinking of more ideas for solving a level after I come up with one idea. I tunnel visioned on the idea of moving the ice and having it push the key, only to discover that it doesn't get pushed through the keke hedge. I kept thinking that maybe somehow the intended solution was a new mechanic to clip it through somehow, but it was simpler than I thought.

Attached: 7-6.png (1297x970, 55K)

I'm thinking about getting this for my mother because she really likes tile-based puzzle games and I doubt she'd ever stumble across it on their own. I've only done a few worlds though; does this have some sort of late-game twist that would make me look like a weirdo for recommending it to her?

The game has no story whatsoever.

yeah, the twist is that baba is you____________________

Cool; just asking because I'm never really sure with suddenly-popular indie games.

Baba is pure

>Flag is End
Well that was an early credits, there's so much more game to go

That level was a blast.
There are so many little things you get to do in it that just make you feel real smart.
Or make you feel REAL stupid when you realize that your "smart idea" made you lose at the last possible moment.

door conveyor belts were cool

In Fragile Existence, is it possible to revert LEVEL IS BABA somehow? Since I didn't get the flower for beating the level.

What does Shift do? I encountered it for the first time in Tiny Pasture, I'll go back to it later.
Currently solving Scenic Pond, Broken Playground was a ton of fun

Read the thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=ypknY6nIDe0&t=247s
Any Boards of Canada album, Campfire Headphase works well

Makes tiles like conveyorbelts

Is the itch.io version complete?

Chasm has been kind of a letdown.

It has been far too easy. Deep Forest and Space were way more involved.

?????????????????

Attached: impossible.jpg (700x686, 79K)

Being lonely sucks.

Baba is 10/10

>when (You) accidentally break the chain of your own existence and the music stops and there's just this low background hum
Fucking terrifying. I imagine Baba's mind suddenly snuffing out and his soulless body just standing there forever and slowly deteriorating from exposure to the elements.

So I haven't done this level yet, but shouldn't this work?

Go down 1, right 3, and then up 1 so the left-baba is to the right of the door. Then just go left to push the text into the key, killing the rightmost baba. The remaining baba can then push the PUSH text up, gain access to the key, and then open the door and win.

Multi-track drifting!

>tfw got spoiled on this version without being aware it was a second version then when getting to the one before it, spend a bunch of time trying to figure out how to do the second level solution before realizing it's just simple pushing for the first one
Here's a hint, the solution to this version is nothing like the previous version.

You are way off and your proposed solution is incredibly flawed on multiple levels.

Any hints for Forest-13: Factory? The farthest I've gotten is making the bugs weak and getting a single box over, but that's it

Shill Is You

BABA is ____

You pretty much have the solution, it's just your execution up that point is flawed. Keep in mind how many keys you need.

You can bring back six boxes if you're good at using them.

>Space-09 Platformer
Fuck this level, I can see exactly what I need to do but I can't figure out how to get one of the UFO's through the cloud layer without making IS or OPEN impossible to get back up or breaking UFO IS PUSH to keep keke on the UFO to the right.

>brainlet who managed to get to meta without hints/walkthrough

im gonna stop here for a while because some stages took me literal hours to solve and i can feel my brain hurt

The entity we most commonly know as Baba does not actually die when you break X is YOU. Baba's soul resides in the YOU block and is merely projected into other objects when the rules allow it.
That's my headcanon and I'm sticking to it.

The more I get wrong the harder it is to find the solution, I don't know why I'm 0 or 100, either I understand it in a few minutes or I'm crying.

You are not special because you play game that requires thinking. I bet there is hundreds of guides online so you can stop circlejerking your little willies

>SKULL IS DEFEAT
Why?

Also, you misspelled 'trolley,' not that it was necessary to spell the joke out in the bottom-left to begin with.

Here's a tip, push Keke to safety.

I know where I need to get keke to, I just can't figure out how to maneuver the UFO's into position without losing access to either IS or OPEN

Your main reason for not being able to do that is because you need UFO is PUSH, right? Does that ever stop being the case?

There are guides, yes. The threads took a nosedive in quality once people started LPing it, anyhow.

After I get Keke to the door, but by then either of those will already have to be made unrecoverable to get the bottom UFO into place.

Any hints for Forest-E?

It takes 3 objects to ferry them from one side of the cloud to the other. However, it takes only 2 to push a single object comfortably to the other side.

Step 1. 5-3(UFO IS PUSH)=2
Step 2. Use OPEN and KEY to push UFO down
Step 3. Do the rest to push Keke to the door
Step 4. Break UFO IS PUSH and use them to retrieve OPEN
Step 5. Have fun

Attached: 20190323072059_1.jpg (854x480, 65K)

Keke is up.

Step 1. 5-3(UFO IS PUSH)=2
You've already lost me. Also, how on earth did you get that configurataion on that level?

Brainlet here, pls help

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 92K)

I mean UFO IS PUSH is three blocks. Here's the solution in picture form if you still somehow don't understand. Also, the stop on this level is breakable. You can push everything everywhere on this map besides for the stuff touching borders.

Attached: 20190323073854_1.jpg (854x1416, 239K)

>Baba Is You
Cringe and pretentious title, you can tell the maker is very far up his own ass.

And woops, edited those screenshots together wrongly.

Attached: 20190323073854_1.jpg (854x1416, 238K)

And then I forget the spoiler. Ah well, the thumbnail is tiny enough.

Might want to get a refund if you can't clear that level

Attached: file.png (633x758, 32K)

I feel like I'm tripping balls. That's exactly what I was trying to do but for some reason I kept getting stuck and now that I've seen the solution I have no idea how

Change who you are.

Push who you were

When the crabs become a threat, they should not matter anymore.

I think I read in a previous thread that some completing some levels change the world map in a way that's undesirable in order to complete everything? Is this true?
I'm about three worlds in and I'm doing every level in order, making sure a world is complete before I leave it (including extra stages). Will this fuck me over in the long run?

can i get a hint on this one

Attached: 1525452254637.png (1920x1080, 25K)

alright nevermind solved it

wait wtf, I swear I am stuck on this exact level except the walk to KEY is a lot longer

It's not possible to fuck yourself over in any way long-term. There's only 2 levels on the main world map you can affect.

The areas specifically designed for that stuff are designed in such a way where fucking yourself over isn't possible. It will get confusing though. Also very annoying to maneuver due to how CURSOR works.

Hitch a ride.

BABA IS PURE
NOT
LEWD

once a level is an object it is that object until you do level is level, which i don't know if any level allows you to

3d text orienting would be a nightmare, so let's not.

entire fall chapter has made me feel like a retard. 8,10,12,13, i can't do shit

new version on steam patched it to teach you the exact intricacies Move gives to YOU characters
switch version patch coming soon™

This level is bullshit
I've tried every combination of words and nothing works

Attached: 40DRwAf.png (1280x800, 69K)

I have a feeling this level is gonna show up in Casual Filter threads
If something is NOT PUSH, you can push text on top of it

here's advice: explore tile collision and body change

[/spoiler]Text is Push[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]Baba (and Keke) are not Push (or Stop)[/spoiler

>that warm fuzzy feeling when you dodge the game's bullshit
I don't know what this level was trying to get me to do, and I don't care.

Attached: miss me with that ON shit.webm (1280x720, 1.24M)

>lava is defeat
>doesnt die to the lava
nani

DEFEAT only defeats YOU
DEFEAT does nothing to MOVE

Because Baba is no longer You when Baba is on the Lava.

oh yeah, he's just moving cuz of the move, check

Attached: 1552853849229.png (529x495, 9K)

OH SHIT

YOU is STOP

But what if...

Attached: Untitled.png (186x203, 3K)

Baba is Move + Baba is you let's you control baba while moving more than one step.
the flag still move only one step

ye haven't started it up again yet but already figured that was the case
thx tho

Attached: 1552890017155.png (682x767, 17K)

The prequel to that pic.

Attached: 1552778138368.png (533x617, 16K)

What is a BABA

Baba is a spider you retards

Cat.

Only if you stack enough Babas.

Sheep

I've finally reached Meta, what am I in for?

Pain and then bliss and then discomfort and understanding, divine.

cute!

Get da fuck up!

Attached: serveimage(8).jpg (630x630, 48K)

Just make skull is me and bam, theyre back

But what if we do Skull is Keke instead and now Keke can rise up!

Actually they wouldn't go anywhere in the first place. Defeat only destroys You. The Skull should be Sink so it destroys whatever it hits and itself.

Won't they destroy WEAK, though?

But then it'd sink the Belt.
The'd need to be Sink and Move and down with Baba's choice to replace down with right.

But then it would sink the belt and not move at all. Maybe Skull is Move where Belt is Shift is, with no belt at all? Then either option would be sunk before you could stop the skulls.

I was over thinking Defeat and missed the weak. Yeah, there's no problems.

See
Skull is defeat is simply for flavor.

The weirdest solution I've managed so far:
Box
Has
Keke
is
Box is You

Any hints? Can't find any way to connect FLOAT

Attached: 821949412904.png (1920x1080, 74K)

>connect FLOAT
>Baba has Text
You can figure out the other steps on your own.

Has anyone figured out mountain extra 1, The Floatiest Platforms?

Turns out I'm a giant brainlet.

How is this even possible? I don't have enough things to open the door and fill water, and TEXT is FLOAT.

Attached: 20190323183311_1.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

compare the regular version and the extra version and see what has changed

If you don't have enough...
Make more.
What do you think happens if something is two different things at the same time?