How the fuck do I git gud at sniping in shooters? I feel like I have a tendency to jerk the mouse as I fire. Also...

How the fuck do I git gud at sniping in shooters? I feel like I have a tendency to jerk the mouse as I fire. Also, could poor framerate and mouse/mouse settings me fucking me up?

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (318x159, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FkvD_NkUX-M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

aim better

>could poor framerate and mouse/mouse settings me fucking me up?
Yes it can and probably is fucking you up.

The meta used to be high sensitivity, now people have lowered it.

>How the fuck do I git gud at sniping in shooters?
lower your mouse sensitivity, keep spaghetti in pockets
>could poor framerate be fucking me up?
if it's less than 60 fps maybe, but otherwise it only affects reaction times marginally

Depends what game youre playing and what your style is. Personally I play an passive aggressive sniper. Dont like sitting in 1 spot for too long. I think movement and map position is a key factor in being a good shooter other than ofc aiming.

Fix your posture, exercise to help your muscles and nervous system, that will enable you to control your mouse better and prevent hands from shaking or jerking and adjust mouse sensitivity to what works best for you.

Probably shouldn't be playing TF2 on a thinkpad then

Do people use a separate sensitivity when sniping? I use the same sensitivity for everything.

I just have no idea how people are able to acquire targets almost instantly and get headshots on fast moving target like a TF2 scout

>I just have no idea how people are able to acquire targets almost instantly and get headshots on fast moving target like a TF2 scout
I'm with you bro.
I just cant wrap my head around people who can just quickly snap their wrist to a headshot, and look away as if it was nothing.

It's like they were born with a aimbot inside their brain.

it's like every other motor skill, you need your body to get used to what it feels like to perform that motor skill in order to get more control over it
for example, play whatever FPS you're playing and practice turning 180 degrees exactly with your mouse. Actually teach yourself what that feels like, and that gives you better intuition of how much you have to move your mouse to aim somewhere

God I wish that were me
>play shooters almost exclusively all my life
>only moderately good at them

>turn off angle snapping, acceleration, etc.
>lower the DPI
>play
Flicking shots is something you have to train and 3rd party features can actually hinder the muscle memory you're trying to develop. Also learn the rules for your given game in regards to scoping.

Doesn't lowering the DPI have the same effect as lowering the sensitivity? Or do you mean actually changing the mouse hardware settings?

I can do mid and close range just fine but my brain goes on the fritz if I ever have to take up sniping.

>AWP image
I bet you're also the faggot who makes the sniper complaining threads

does anyone know if those shooter trainer games actually work?

It's time to ditch the trackball and get a moose with lasers.

Yes it's the same effect. If you have a mouse you can program variable DPI levels to allow easier tracking on shots but it's a stylistic difference.

as a plus, you can use that feeling to calibrate your mouse sensitivity in any FPS you play

think less, shoot more, preaim angles

I have a rough time keeping recoil under control and tracking targets for extended engagements. It makes me suck shit in games with higher TTK and the SMG 11 in Seige fucks my ass everytime I even try to use it.

What kind of game are you playing? Twitch shooter or tactical? I never thought I was good, but then I decided to try it in Wildlands campaign, then in the pvp and realized I was actually pretty good and now I've carried it on to Division 2 and I'm a lot better at pop sniping from cover. Twitch shooters are just a goddamn clusterfuck and people who are good at that shit are robots who play compulsively.

youtube.com/watch?v=FkvD_NkUX-M

Sorry bros go play some movie games you just aren't cut out for FPS

Attached: 9Q.png (680x788, 117K)

TF2 is the absolute worst for practice. I can't play with a low sensitivity and I can't track worth a damn. Movement and projectile skills don't translate to anything else on the market these days.

Attached: fug dis.gif (400x286, 1.55M)

s-shut up

Large mousepad, if your pad width is less than your forearm length then you're doing it wrong
Decent quality mouse, gaming mice are not a meme
Good grip on your mouse but don't press down too hard. You low friction between mouse and mousepad
Use a lower sensitivity, shooter games will always set your sensitivity too high by default
Use your arm, not just your wrist and fingers. Practice making smooth, fluid motions, as opposed to a quick jerk and stop. You should be zeroing in on a target quickly and making split second adjustments, not making one hard motion in a straight line.
Finally, practice. Just play more, try a CS aim map server, or drill using in-browser aim tests--a lot of competitive players use these between rounds/maps/spawns to stay sharp

Also, when sniping try focusing strictly on your reticle when in scope and using your periphery to look for enemies. I find that this helps sometimes, your mileage may vary.

t. huge FPS autist

Attached: 1494979408200.png (1180x1453, 413K)

It's better to have high dpi and low sensitivity. Gives you more fine control. You want to be able to move one pixel at a time for maximum accuracy.

>steel
why the fuck would I care what some match fixing Jew has to say

>Use your arm, not just your wrist and fingers.
Wait really

It's more accurate. Moving your mouse with your arm is always 1:1 while moving it with your wrist puts your mouse at an angle.

play single player games

Attached: pepe.gif (499x499, 1.27M)

>fixed a match to sate his Jewish yearning for money so that makes him bad
He was part of the best NA team before they got banned and arguably one of the best players in NA and very talented at every FPS he plays

Huh. I'll try to start doing that

TF2, CSGO, DODS, and Red Orchestra 2, but mostly TF2.

Basic things such as prediction and muscle memory are only able to get better through practice. My own skill is kind of on/off, I find that the more I think about aiming the shittier I am.
If you are primarily predicting people: if you're on level/flat ground you can use your teammates (if applicable) as a reference for where the head is generally positioned. The general area for the head is typically similar to one another unless it's something gross like Overwatch (which has head hitboxes the size of hanzo's log launcher anyway but I digress). By using your team's heads as reference, you are also aiming at your opponents' heads ahead of time. Does not work as well on slopes/uneven terrain, however you can see the general area where enemies' heads pass by.
Muscle memory is 100% practice, all you do is move your mouse automatically within a set area of your scope. Going beyond that is difficult to predict without further practice, but people don't typically flip 180 degrees and headshot people jumping at them. Starting small is ideal (within your scope). Obviously you can combine methods to be effective (practicing twitching while keeping aim at head-level).
>poor framerate
Yes it will fuck you up.
>poor mouse (settings)
If your mouse is fucking up at basic functionality yes. Otherwise you just have to master your own settings and get comfortable with it. Playing other FPS games with similar sensitivity is ideal, if you're the type that flocks from game to game.

bet I could kick your ass at fighting games, though.

Attached: Disapproving person typing.gif (480x270, 1.06M)

well now he's washed up because he's a dickhead. There are much better players in NA now.

He has clinical depression and hes an aspie. And yes i do agree NOW there are better players but in his prime he was top 3 players in NA

Yeah you probably could. Last fighting game I played was Mortal Kombat Deception in like '05

Artist here, can confirm that you draw from the shoulder, not the wrist.

It's the magic of levers. The farther away the locus of control from the point being controlled, the finer control you will have.

you just gotta play a ton to get good aim. there's no one solution other than to get good over time and just playing fps games.

>Artist here, can confirm that you draw from the shoulder, not the wrist.

Another Artist here, I honestly didnt think that could apply here as well. Think I might need to clear some space for arm movement, see how that works for me

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs