Should the game industry unionize, Yea Forums?

Should the game industry unionize, Yea Forums?

Attached: 357192CC-5CA0-493C-9461-13B4D05C83D7.jpg (1172x1173, 449K)

They should do whatever causes this shitty industry to fall apart fastest

The only thing it should do is to fucking collapse already.

Attached: paul has had enough.png (683x1024, 618K)

You know how many fucking people want to create video games, right? Disobedient employees can be replaced if need be.

bump

No, and fuck the marxist roaches that want to.

yes so it can collapse in on itself

Won’t they need to retain experienced employees though?

game devs RISE UP!

Attached: 1535676602883.jpg (1378x778, 253K)

Man, the game industry really needs to crash. Maybe then something better can emerge.

WE CODE IN A SOCIETY

Attached: 1552302155019.jpg (600x318, 92K)

No. Just a bunch of bums that want to squeeze money from other devs for doing absolutely nothing.

this

Nope. A lot of the best games ever made were made by entire teams with no experience. If I'm not mistaken when. Ubisoft first opened their offices in Canada NONE of the employees they hired for years had any video game experience.

How does unionization make sense in a world where indie developers exist?
When some motherfucker like Toby Fox or Notch can just go out and make a whole game by himself and make millions from it, why the fuck are you going to complain about your boss?
Just make your own game.

This.

>Comparing a game made in Game Maker and a game that started off relatively simple and didn't get most of its mechanics until an actual team got assembled to AAA games that require various programmers, artists and designers.

Why the fuck would "developers" want to unionize, this is 100% the fucking marketing and "community involved" employees that want this shit. Actual programmers and competent artists have total job security and any company would hire them if anything happened.

Programmers have crappy job security. Sure they're in demand everywhere but there's 5.2 million programmers in India, and they are working for less than $5/h

because even the most overworked game devs don't feel as if their lives are in danger when they work overnight. these aren't miners, construction workers, or even teachers. they're the cushiest of office workers

and even when you consider how often people are getting fired, there's already another studio ready to open or expand. i mean look at what Microsoft, Google, and THQ are looking to do

Yes. Video games are not a necessary thing to have as far as technology is concerned (go ahead and post wojack/pepe faces at me all you like, you know deep down they're hardly as necessary as a phone or a computer), so general strikes and union organization would create a cascade into unionizing the rest of the technology-related industries.

Why is it necessary, you ask? Better wages, job security, employee rights, all that fun stuff. And no, hiring scabs will hardly work. You need to bring new hires up to speed on a project if you decide to fire everyone trying to organize, and that's going to cut deep into a company's profits as the game is delayed or made less than ideal for the customer base.

Tech companies like to act all liberal and progressive but the last thing they actually want to hear is unionization.

Sure. Every industry should.

Yes.

Because it would kill western game developers dead.

Why should we support people who politicize video games and manufacture fake controversy?

No, there's other people to worry about that do actual work and put themselves in harms way everyday. The last person we should worry about is some hipster cocksucker who thinks he's entitled to a better wage because he sits at a desk for 8-12 hours a day doing literally NOTHING.

Attached: 1540094545828.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

Unions breed lazy workers

t. skilled tradesman

I think it's time to ban all those shitty ass article screencaps. At this point it's just endless spam and free advertisement for those websites.

You don't think companies pay that worthless gook to freely post and advertise here with protection from the mod staff?

No they should go back into the mines and make me some games.

I hope so, every American dev, voice actor, writer, producer, everyone unionizes and then studios will move their opeations to Europe and Asia, that way we get games without ugly jewish lesbians, strong women that need no man or basketball americans as protagonists, games sell better and publishers realize who are the true people buying their games and no only bitching about it on Tumblr.

Attached: 10176100_10151967099856143_1319069640_n.jpg (380x907, 146K)

name 1 game.

This would be a death blow to the AAA game scene, I'd be fine with it.

Which is also why a union wouldn't help. No one would bother with union workers when they can grab cheap Indian labor without worrying about a union.

She looks incredibly familiar. I feel like i know 5 different people who look like her.
Is she perhaps one of the most average people?

GAMEDEVS RISE UP

duno lol, you tell me.

Attached: Screenshot_2015-10-03-13-34-51.png (479x479, 366K)

i can't see how this will turn out bad:
Scenario 1:
>Union becomes actually relevant and the industry collapses

Scenario 2:
>Union remains useless and all the cucks and SJWs join for their AnCom dreams. Due to their membership, they are fired by publishers

Go ahead, make my day.

Yea the thing to unionize all of them and also different parts of the gaming industry. Replacing developers on such short notice is too hard

tetris

Ok, so all these ad-funded game bloggers will unite and then what?

The finest case of FPBP I had the pleasure to read.

People have been bitching about this for years, but programmer salaries are still relatively high compared to other hired professionals.

can confirm.
t.lazy union worker

These are people who don't actually make games, or much of anything really. They're always social media, HR, or "Narrative Designer" whatever the fuck that means.

No, just programmers.