DMC5 Is Easy

I don't consider myself good at the DMC games (I only ever beat Hard in DMC3) and I easily S ranked DH with the sole exception of M18, which was kind of annoying.

Honestly, there should have been a Hard mode unlocked at the start that had the same enemy layouts as Human/Devil Hunter but with the higher health/damage of SoS. I think a lot of semi-competent people are playing Devil Hunter as their introduction to DMC and finding it a little boring and easily. I know SOS and DMD are meant to be the real challenge, but it's stupid to make the first run through so lame.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 238K)

the first run is to get you to know the mechanics. It even introduces you a new one at the last mission

SoS and DMD is where the real game begins. This isn't new in the series

Attached: 1552261581665.png (386x313, 124K)

It's a concession for newcomers, most of them would've dropped the game otherwise. Hell, you can even unlock SoS right from the start if you beat tutorial Urizen. These games are meant to be replayed a few times anyways, the first run is to familiarize yourself with the new moves or weapons, buy the skills with red orbs and learn enemy types and bosses.

Definitely lacked the obligatory first boss to kick your shit in the other games had.

Also, Vergil took a bit too much from DmC on his recovery animations.

>I easily S ranked the easy mode of the game
no shit dummy

>yfw Nero's punchline breaker is like his own real impact

Attached: 608.jpg (405x540, 35K)

DMC5 is just easy even on SoS and DMD because of the flaws in enemy design and AI. Enemies only really deal significant damage on DMD when they have DT activated. Jumps and staying in the air has been more overpowered than ever. Add that to the new mechanics each character get. The only one who has trouble in DMD is V but he's boring and Nightmare spam will usually fix most of your problems.

DH is normal. Might as well be easy though since this game is easy. Human should be called super easy.

>DH is normal
only for casuals, and i mean really casuals

>implying being in the air in 4 wasn't way more broken there than it is here

You at least need to enemy step to keep yourself in the air for extended periods in this game. In DMC4 once you were in the air it was just snatch->aircombo-> snatch->air combo repeat for easy SSS

I mean a fair amount of his moves are analogous to Dante Moves.
I think his Helter Skelter Breakage is basically Vortex.
Ragtime Breakage is Quicksilver.
Overture Breakage is basically Cranky Bombs/Kablooey (except decent).

you can beat urizen

>Still haven't being able to find and play mission 7 with someone
why do you faggots hate me?

i wish setting up coop was a little easier, what little i did with a friend in mission 13 was so fucking good, a whole new level of smokin sexy style

Nah. It's way overpowered her because of the slow buildup in gravity and the aerial mobility some weapons give. Air taunt for Nero gives more airtime and Air taunt for Dante launches. Most enemies don't fly here and those that do are easily staggerable with long startup frames on attacks and casting attacks. Nero literally can be on the air forever with Gerbera.

If you were ready for SoS you'd have beat prologue urizen and unlocked it.

Use V, everyone plays as Nero

>tell people their new favorite game is too easy on default difficulty
>"SHUT UP FAGET YOU SUCK THE REAL GAME ONLY STARTS AFTER YOU BEAT EVERY MISSION AND SEE THE ENDING"

Why are people like this?

Because you're whiny.

No one said that or is acting like that. It's just the fact that Devil May Cry games are known to introduce mechanics only at the very end of your first playthrough with the intention asking you to come back in master those mechanics in future playthroughs

How do i select dt for nero and what differences does son of sparda have?

SoS will change the enemy encounters throughout the game. DT for Nero is initially mapped to the Dpad

It’s funny because in the case of DMCV it’s still not hard

I think people get the wrong idea of DMC. DMC has millions of options on how to kill something, hence even the worst of the worst players can cheese most mobs and bosses. Clearing the game is not hard at all.

The real challenge comes from clearing the game as stylishly as possible and mastering how to do so. That's the skill ceiling of DMC, not clearing the game.

It's not stylish when the mobs can barely fight back. It's more bullying than anything. I don't see why enemies have more limited capabilities and aggressiveness that their DMC1 counterparts when Dante was limited as fuck in 1. You would think they would've evolved with the franchise but they only regressed. Most enemies can't deal with you on the air and those that do need to be in your view while having long ass cast times and they can easily get knocked out of it into a combo. It's why people masturbate to Souls games. Your character is limited so every enemy can be dangerous if you don't know your shit. Freedom of combat without challenge is honestly boring. I would forgive the bad level design in 5 if the enemoes offered challenge.

There are a few dangerous enemies, though they're few and far in between. I mean, it's not like the puppets were at all dangerous in DMC1, and the lizards were pretty easy to take care of too. Only the Shadows and ice enemies were a threat.

The main difference between more DMC games and Souls is that in DMC, the enemies aren't really supposed to be that threatening. Dante's supposed to be far and away much stronger than any of them. That's why Devil Trigger exists, to give a temporary feeling of significant power. In Souls, you are not the toughest asshole around. You're not the strongest, you're not the fastest. Your gear can barely protect you. Dante can survive getting stabbed through the heart. You're comparing two extremely different games.

DMC was never hard on the basic normal difficulties. No, not even DMC1. Maybe DMC1 might have caught some players off guard, particularly with Shadows, but that's it.

Except 1 already had good AI and good enemy design so going into higher difficulties just made it harder to be stylish. It's easy to be stylish in 5 because the enemies aren't threatening. They just have a few extra moves on higher difficulties that can still barely hit you. It's the same issue since the extra moves fill the same role instead of the filling the flaw. Most of melee enemies should get a ranged attack to deal with the game's aerial mobility but they wouldn't do that since it's afraid to make the player frustrated or try to adapt.
Souls and DMC are different but this is a game. Should DMC give me a one button style button since I'm supposed to be as strong as Dante? No. The goal is to be as stylish as Dante even though the enemies are dangerous as fuck.

I'm sorry, did you ever have a hard time against the endless swarms of puppets?

No but they can still hit me if I'm not careful since Dante is limited. They have a grab, a range attack a melee attack, and special skill that stops yout movemen. They even have a variation with a shotgun. 5Dante would wipe the floot with them so why are most enemies in 5 weaker than it? Shadow in 5 isn't even as scary, fast or strong as a Shadow in 1.

Shadow in 5 had to be balanced for use as a player character's tools. None of V's familiars were changed as bosses. Shadow doesn't have an insta-kill move as a familiar, so naturally he doesn't have one as a boss.

But he does have all the moves. I'm not expecting a one hit kill but I'm on DMD and I'm wacking on Griffon's core while Shadow is in the side waiting for me. Barely attacking. Where's the aggression? Where are the moves and consistent pressure? You get where I'm coming from? There's no use to run around a disabled person. It's just pathetic.

Bosses never teamed up on you, even if there were more than one. Even Agni and Rudra took turns.

Griffon is in a core. What even is the point of putting them all in the same room if they're not going to attack at the same time? The mission is even designed to slowly teach you how to deal with them. First is a Griffon fight, Second is a Shadow fight, 3rd is both then 4th is all three. It worked with Agni and Rudra since most of their attacks are just one is immediately after the other. There's a rhytmn. 5Dante has all his moveset available to him in comparison to 3 so why are enemies more lenient in attacking? Wouldn't it be cool if enemies force you into an undodgeable situation in the air and the only way you get out is by Royal Guarding while in the air? Wouldn't that be stylish as hell if you block it and destroy them?

And when they didn't they'd hit eachother.

>forcing the player into a situation where they can only do one thing to get out

Attached: 1537043995081.jpg (900x1442, 199K)

I mean, they can, but an issue is how the camera works. Enemies become less aggressive when they're not on screen. Due to how the camera works in DMC5, the camera is usually gonna be pointed directly at what you're locked onto, so that affects the A.I.s of other enemies.

Plus, DMC5 is more about granting you the freedom to tackle situations in however way you choose. It's meant to allow you to go the entire way only focusing on one style if you wanted.

Of course I'm using a dire situation, especially in a game where Dante has aerial dashes and enemy step is easy as fuck to pull off because of the changes to the gravity and how well the character controls with different weapon moves that may or may not hell with aerial positioning. If you're in that situation, It's your fault but it's still stylish as hell since you basically destroyed the game after it pushed you that far.

But you're not required to.

There should never be a situation where you only have one option available. Never.

That's still part of my argument though. Shadow is in my view of the camera and he's barely attacking while I'm hitting Griffon's core. I was literally watching him sit there. Most enemies in the past games would nudge in and immediately start the startup animations on their attack. Once they do that, They can't be stopped since the camera aggression system doesn't allow abuse of it by looking away. Bayonetta circumvented this by hightlighting the ground whem an enemy attacks off screen or a distinct sound cue. Why can't DMC do that for ranged enemies with long cast times?

There should be though. How is it stylish if the game isn't punishing you for abusing your escape tools without reason? Bayonetta literally has a limitation on how many dodges she can do in a row before the game stops her.

You're not gonna win on this one. Most people aren't going to accept a system that forces you to do one thing to get out of a situation. The freedom DMC's given you since 3 is considered one of its strengths.

You're not listening to my argument though. I said that's a dire situation you pushed yourself into because you abused all your escape options in a game where you can easily reset it.

There's always another way out of a situation you put yourself in. You're saying air RG is the only way out, when in reality, I can pop DT and perform another air trick, or use helm crush to drop back o the ground instantly. There will never be a situation where you only have one way out. Not in this game. Go play another gasme if that's what you want. DMC at it's core is about freedom of choice with how you approach any situation, and how you execute that approach from beginning to end. There will never be what it is you're describing, and there never should be.

idiot.

How the fuck are you supposed to beat tutorial Urizen?

What if you do pop DT and get stuck in a situation where you're going to get hit immediately after air trick? What then? There's barely any style if the game doesn't push you hard enough to make you use all your options. I might as well stay in Trickster and SwordMaster all game since the game isn't really giving me an insentive to use the other styles. It's been a flaw against the core philosophy of style. Might as well make the enemies punching bags that stand around if they're not going to try to push us to be varied. A game is supposed to push you so you can push back and DMC5 isn't pushing hard enough.

Keep hitting the crystal and keep dodging his attacks. They're well telegraphed. It'll break and you can whack on him for a bit. Repeat until you beat him.

I replayed the whole series in the default mode for each game before 5 and they were more easy than DMC5.

The push you’re looking for is in the style meter. Sure, every enemy can be handled in a lame way even on DMD but killing the enemies isn’t the goal, the goal is to get SSS ranks while doing it.
Gunslinger and Royal Guard are also fantastic in DMC5 so I don’t know why you wouldn’t use them.

>I might as well stay in Trickster and SwordMaster all game since the game isn't really giving me an insentive to use the other styles.
Yeah my guy, because RG farming isn't a thing, guess if you're shit and can't perfect parry it would suck dick having your DT get drained.

how is this even a question?