So how am I suppose to properly play this game?

So how am I suppose to properly play this game?
For boss fights I just run around in circles and attack when they miss

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-1.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tWk-MERYHTk
youtube.com/watch?v=2LnQQ63BKks
youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8msYeehBg
youtube.com/watch?v=Mz0FFhNnoio
youtu.be/ZagsLrNzg3I?t=7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this game is unfortunately kind of boring so far..

>For boss fights I just run around in circles and attack when they miss
yep. thats how you play it.

It's as boring as the person who plays it

youre very creative user

just learn how to play the game

Yes, I know. And you are subhuman, go play Bloodborne

Yeah, nothing is clicking for me. I'm not learning from my encounters, I don't know how I'm supposed to play, I just brute force it until I win. It's frustrating.

That's sorta how it plays. Add a few deflects, jumps and sidestepd. Posture regen is slower when the enemy has reduced health unfortunately. I sorta wish fatigue was an additional mechanic to posture rather than reduced health.

>tfw you can literally LITERALLY spam L1 mindlessly and do perfect deflections

I think the word "broken" is often overused, but it definitely applies here.

You block as soon as you see their arm swing just memorize their pattern

I'd rather fuck your mom in a pigsty

Can anyone please answer this: does dragon rot kill NPCs eventually? If so, how do you know if they are near death?

When they're coughing. :)

t. hasn't played the game

you have to time it almost perfectly, and enemies change up their attack speed so if you spam it, you can guard too early causing your own posture to weaken

faggot

I have no clue. It honestly is becoming less and less fun the more i play.

The main mechanics are fatally flawed. Imagine if in bloodborne you got rid of dodge, added a bunch of pointless gimmicks, and made it so that every fight forced you to use gun parrying where if you fuck up a parry you lose the fight instantly. It's just not fun. The most reliable way to fight is to just use your infinite stamina sprint in circles to bait their attack combos and then go in for a single slash for 1/200 of their health each time. Eventually you get bored and try to greed 2 slashes and get fucked. The mechanics ESPECIALLY do not lend themselves well to multiple enemy combat, MUCH worse than souls in this regard. It reminds me of all the shit mobs in DS2, they aren't challenging, they are tedious and boring. The stealth is pretty bad and it is bugged. There are times when the enemy loses line of sight but they remain infinitely locked on through walls until you leave the area. The grappling hook was a terrible addition as it makes the levels feel much smaller. You don't have to explore anything, just ninja around the level collecting all the items and skip straight to the bosses. I don't know what From was thinking with this game.

It does and I have no idea when it kills them which scares me

how the fuck do I do the horse guy

The game has almost no freedom to it though. It's modernized to be as rigid as possible.

I just deflected him to death. I missed a whole bunch of shit though so I don't know what makes him easier.

You're doing it wrong or at least not optimally at all and are probably making fights longer than they need to be by being so scared. The game is designed around the posture bar NOT the health bar. Deflecting attacks or using enemy step is what gets you the advantage and large damage to their posture bar, not backing down

I played all the campaign in coop and it was almost fun
In single player it seems boring af

>play the game like Soulshit
>complain that it's boring

Anyone else feel like the die twice mechanic is just there for no real reason? It's just there.

I'm having fun, and I've killed every miniboss the game has thrown at me so far
Took down Butterfly on 4th try and horse guy on 9th
The parry isn't as important as the game makes it seem, mixing up parries and dodges has been working well for me

Where do you unlock ninjutsu? I have at least 3+ portals in all those areas except the dungeon with 2. I feel like I'm half way through the game and still can't find it.
Yeah it's a shitty mechanic, literally just another use of your gourd.

Attached: 1527423537755.jpg (2551x1402, 366K)

it's so you can decide between advancing dragonrot twice as fast or potentially saving your money and skill point progress

FUCK LADY BUTTERFLY BITCH

I like it most of the time. There are times I will die without even being able to heal or really fight back and dying with 4-6 drinks from the gourd available would suck

That’s not how it works, it literally doesn’t advance dragonrot at all. There is no choice.

Reviving does advance dragonrot faster.

I thought there would be some cool applications of it, like being able to delay it in order to get another sneak attack off when the enemies lose interest. Instead, they always just immediately spot you when you resurrect (so far, at least).

You want to break people. Depending on the enemy sometimes brute force is best, other times it's parry, other times it's jumping off of them. Or using the axe. Get it together.

No, it doesn’t. The only thing that advances dragonrot is actual death

>Took down Butterfly on 4th try and horse guy on 9th
that's kinda funny
butterfly took me like 25 tries but I managed to kill the horse guy on the first
I had a much easier time with him than the majority of the minibosses even, it's weird

>and then you get grabbed, and then someone sweeps you, and then it such a strong attack that it still knocks you away

not him but im 8 hours in and have done exactly that shut up retard

Get good shitter
If you fail parry you just block instead
try having your block as your neutral stance
also learn that when you r1 them, there's a special clang sound tbat indicates their counterattack after they block you and you can block them back

You don't know what you're talking about

you cant parry grabs, you can't parry sweeps fuck off

>Spend 5 minutes clearing an area with stealth kills
>Miniboss 2 hits me
the bull was more fun than this

Attached: 1548486145699.jpg (482x427, 40K)

Dying does not advance dragonrot. Hitting R1 to resurrect is what does, according to the NPCs.

i can't do it and all the npcs are dying now

Attached: apubotato.jpg (846x1024, 59K)

I don’t believe that I am the sharpest tool in the shed, but it’s as plain as day that some enemies requires certain tactics to dealing with them. You can cheese your around and swing when they miss but if you’re paying attention to their attack patterns, it becomes pretty telling when and who you should deflect, dodge, or bash your way through.

It's bad because you're playing it in the most boring passive way possible? If you're bad at deflecting all attacks find an attack or combo you CAN deflect consistently and use normal blocking and dodging for the rest. This is like using projectiles to cheese Dark Souls enemies and then complaining that it's boring. The game gives you way more tools to be aggressive and efficient, use them.

Dying still advances dragonrot just not as fast as resurrecting.

to be fair I fought the horse guy first without any health or damage upgrades, but yeah everyone has different squeeze points in these games
the fucking stair ogre fucked me up worse then either true boss I've fought though
>ogre tosses me off cliff
>as I'm flying off I notice the grapple icon
>hit it as fast as I can
>grapple out of the abyss
fucking amazing

do you have the fireworks attachment? It makes his horse rear up and you can get a few good hits in, works best if you save it for health bar 2

Yeah, same here. Also the poor sculptor. I’m so sorry for being a shitter.....

I thought this too so i started not using my revive at all. Then i STILL got dragonrot on another NPC when i was stuck on a boss. I did not revive at all and i still got it. So now i just say fuck it and revive every death. Works out so far.

Geting 2 hit sucks

oh shit I got jinzaemon sick, how do I make him cough blood

what was your method for beating horse guy? did you chip him down or deflect him down?
i haven't fought butterfly yet, but it seemed like you could hit and run horse guy pretty easily if you wanted the drag the fight out for 20 minutes.

The Moonshiggy 2.0 fight should have more health for the second phase. Why does the regular phase get 2 health pips when you've already seen it before and the much more interesting 2nd phase only gets 1?

Attached: big think.jpg (1191x670, 119K)

no I don't
and whenever I grapple I just get one hit in and the camera goes up the horses ass, am I missing some aerial attack or something?

This, exactly. Some people are so daft it’s ridiculous.

>durrr it’s in the game so why not use
Yeah it’s also possible to stare at a wall in the game so why not do that, you fucking retards.

Fireworks, axe, parry, grapple flying attack

Resurrect doesn’t advance dragonrot end this meme

I don't even know anymore at this point, user. I'm enjoying the game but this dying and resurrecting shit whether which one does dragonrot for absolutely sure still hurts my brain.

The NPCs say if i resurrect then they say dragonrot will happen. If I die without using resurrection it'll still happen. Like ???

Attached: 8435.jpg (606x569, 78K)

I thought i would enjoy the setting, but its just kinda boring and story is kinda dull too.

I did a mix of both
didn't bother chasing him down, outside of when I was able to grapple to him, but whenever he came to me I'd deflect all his hits and smack him around as much as possible before he ran off

Yes it does dipshit the healer literally fucking explains it to you that the bloodline from the kid is reviving you and if you use it too much it starts to take the life away from the people you know.

why is there a passage from the temple to sunken valley when it's a dead end without any items or rewards? it's just a plank and you die if you jump off

naw I've only ever got one aerial hit in too
if you grapple when the horse does the hairpin turn sometimes they get stunned
look around the first area after the second sculpture for a vendor that can sell you fireworks

When you die dragonrot infects people, when you revive it infects people faster.

Is Sekiro the ultimate git gud game? Even thematically it tells you to "git gud". Dragonroot punishes you by locking content away and makes the world a worse place and says "this is all your fault cause you suck at this game". I never seen a game that story wise and mechanics wise tells you that you suck and you should git gud.

Miyzaki needs to get laid or something, nigga has issues. Someone get him a nice girl from Osaka to be his gf and maybe he will chill out.

don't think so
I was dying and resurrecting and going to a bonfire over and over and never got rot, but when I die die I get it

>mfw this game is dark souls 1 pc all over again

HURRR ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTLY ME TOO DUMB WHERE ARE MY TWITCH FPS GAMES

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

You could say that about any video game though.

Because it's not a dead end.

I kind of feel bad for people who are incapable of enjoying any games that aren't a 100% souls clone.

>just beat Yang Thunderwang
this game is fucking great

Attached: 1515459321634.jpg (600x942, 33K)

MY NAAAAAAAAAAME

>martial arts skills
this amount of fun should be outlawed

Attached: 1552167931372.gif (461x346, 149K)

Dude.

It doesn’t. Advance. Dragonrot. It might not be how it’s intended, but that’s how it works. You can revive a million times.

Because it builds up, holy shit. do you just skip through fucking text?

Seems like their only goal is to get to the end credits regardless of how boring they make their own path there, cancerous mentality

Damn. There's no avoiding it. At least there's items to reverse the effect but it's hard to find or expensive.

there is no way to survive the fall and there's no path elsewhere

yes and what the fuck happens when you die for real? The game does not reload, you get resurrected.

Sekiro is a metroidvania with souls elements though.

what the fuck, i did the horse guy first time but the old hag took me like ten. is this guy supposed to be the first boss or something ?

Nah it's the 'revive' to the idol that fucks the game up. Resurrection is to help you not fuck your people up by giving you a second chance to beat the enemy

Use firecracker to stun the horse, grapple hook when you see the input, circle strafe and jump spam when he's not open.
ONIWA GYOUBU MASATAKA NARI

No one who was ever good at video games is having any trouble with this game, even IGN can do it. It really showcases just how fucking low Yea Forums is, literally just a bunch of shitters with an inflated opinion of themselves.

Attached: 1553146232667.webm (960x540, 2.42M)

Yes it fucking does it doesnt take effect until you die and revive at a shrine.

Just started but what's annoying me is how it's hard to distinguish if they're parrying or about to attack you and then they get super armor through their attack animation and it's just straight up bullshit.

If you pay attention to Wolf's face, you can see his spread of dragonrot. It won't spread when using revives, but it spreads when you get the red "DEATH" screen. Dying is what causes dragonrot. The in universe lore is that any time he revives dragonrot will spread because of Wolf, but the game mechanic is different. Reviving mid combat does not affect dragonrot.

Resurrecting.

Doesn’t.

Advance.

Dragonrot.

I hate the non-linear game design, it feels like I'm missing so much shit. I'm 20 hours in and don't even have the firecrackers or the rope that pulls you closer to enemies, and only have 3 gourd refills.

180 sen isnt expensive
grapple
And spamming the revive instead of die makes the infection happen faster. But dragon rot will only take effect when you die die.

So like in any other souls game?

Anyone with the repack know why my game won't work? It booted up the first time but crashed when creating a save file and now every successive attempt just results in a black screen for 5 seconds before closing again.

How the fuck is it hard, every single attack in this game has 1+ of telegraphing at least

People thinking dragonrot spreads on resurrect is the new insight increases difficulty

>jump spam
?

THE GATE REMAINS CLOSED

Attached: 1AF463F4-9E69-45E5-BE50-F43DA7143E98.png (1200x1002, 693K)

now that you put it like that you must be right

>just got the mortal blade
>only died 5 times so far
Honestly, it's been really easy. I'm hesitant to say the stealth instakills trivialize the game because obviously that doesn't work on bosses but it certainly does make things much easier

Yeah i just bought it. It was the seed thing that was 1000 lol. Luckily i was able to buy both. I won't use the dragon tear thing yet but that seed tho

Why would you even waste time downloading a fucking repack for this? It's only a 14gb download.

His attacks are easier to dodge and parry while in mid air.

well, its about using your powers to resurrect, so the question is do you still resurrect when you refuse to resurrect or do you respawn gamey and its as if nothing happened? so far im pretty sure that r1 advances rot and l1 either does or does not, or maybe just a little which would be logical too.
overall i dont r1 if i fucked up unless im at some boss and things are looking good and im almost guaranteed to finish him. i dont mind running through area again, its fast and easy, the real problems are bosses so i only res at them.
also looks like that rot cure blood item at trader near the castle after horserider restocks so maybe rot doesnt even matter. i had 2 rots, cured both and now have 1 spare blood. at least once it restocked and it doesnt cost that much, like 1-2 runs from bonfire to bonfire. if it restocks infinitely i think rot is a non issue.

Perfect deflects followed by counter attack.
Once you hit grandma boss the game forces you to learn.
Wich I'm surprised most players haven't gotten to yet since it's about 5hrs in

because I'm a surface level retard without access to better sources

what does the bell demon do?

The game fucking tells you. Can you not read?

this game is just too cheeseable
nearly every boss just has one specific strat or meme that you can just down it with 0 effort
the biggest cheese is the ogre, since you can literally spam jump and he cant ever land a hit on you, even jumping into his face will still avoid everything he can throw at you

so has anyone has someone die off dragonrot yet then

LITERALLY BLOODBORNE WITH NINJAS

Attached: unknown.png (1884x1025, 2.98M)

bump

I'm gonna need you to spell it out for me, I've been jumping to my death for half an hour and can't find a grappling point

You can also just spam the parry button to increase your parry chance. Strangely enough, this game seems more cheeseable than any other Souls game.

As in the first blade?
I'm trash at this game and I didn't die once until Mr 1 shot ninja hunter

lol such a faggot elitist statement. if you had any reading comprehension you would understand that people are complaining about the lame mechanics and unbalanced gamepay, not the difficulty

>actually attacking after a deflect
Hold these 4 follow up attacks (final one is unblockable btw)

Go fuck yoirself and your spoiler shit. Fuck you.

No, I mean the magical zombie killer blade from the mountain monk temple that the ghost girl and her magic monkies give you

Adapt, you fucking nigger.

Of course because being honest and admitting that it was simply too hard would make them sound like complete shitters

I wish

game is literally too good for Yea Forums

Mooks are absolute pushovers in this game, you have to wonder why they even exist, you can even just run through them and give zero fucks.
Executions are really awfully implemented, they don't matter on Mid/Bosses and they don't matter on weak mooks while making the better ones just as helpless.

I don't really know what they were thinking with this game, it's like they never decided whether they wanted to make a stealth game, an RPG or an action game and they ended up doing every single aspect awfully, there's a lot of shit that just conflicts with each other and makes an otherwise good game a pain in the ass.

Attached: 1539100311771.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

the grandma butterfly whipped me good lol. but when it finally clicked I killed her first phase in like 20 seconds and 2nd in 1min with taking maybe 1 or 2 hits. you -need- to be aggressive in this game. soulslike patience play and health chipping will get you nowhere.

Ahh, then ur lying since dying 5 times against all the bullshit bosses before learning the patterns and mechanics is speedrunner level of low deaths.

Do you consider posture a good mechanic?

It rewards aggression and you can theoretically kill any boss much faster if you play like a god.

is there any reason to purchase coin purses?

Attached: 1539502264263.jpg (362x374, 64K)

I almost always do it at bosses. But I mean like i don't really do it around normal enemies unless i know i'll make it out alive

Attached: unknown.png (1868x1021, 1.9M)

Attached: lie.jpg (800x450, 187K)

>people are coming up with excuses for why they do poorly
>seething this hard
just admit you're retarded user

You clash swords with your enemy like a fucking baller. Forget everything you know about meme souls, think MGR. You parry those fucking attacks, you do not run, you do not """"dodge""", you fucking time that shit and then you brutalize your enemy, you step on that goddamn spear and shove your katana down your enemies throat, do you understand user?

I like it, because you can knock enemies off their guard and even cancel their attacks by just spamming their shit.

Doesn't work on a lot of minibosses though cause their fucking posture is huge

It’s basically ki from nioh except shittier

If you die and lose your money but you need to buy some cheap item refills, they come in handy.

Keeps money safe in case you die, helps a lot when you are trying to kill a boss and can't afford to lose that 1k monies you've saved up

I've only gotten dragonrot on the sculptor so far and literally no one else. Game is NOT hard. Fuck, with the whole eavesdropping thing the game literally tells you how to beat every boss

>muh elitism

Eat shit facebook tourist

> if you had any reading comprehension you would understand that people are complaining about the lame mechanics and unbalanced gamepay, not the difficulty

HAAAAAAAHAHAHA get the fuck out of here, it's literally been 24 hours of mostly shitter tears. The game has a lot of faults but i can safely bet that 90% of any of the ones you would name are all shitter talk. You can go on and indulge me if you want.

Guys I need help

I’m stuck on an invisible ground and that giant white snake a whole faggot

Attached: F1AF8BEE-AC61-4CC3-860E-56CF4CB6A221.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

they bank your gold so you dont lose any obviously.

I thought spamming parry has the opposite effect; the more you spam the parry/deflect, the smaller your window becomes?

killed a couple of the samurai minibosses and stopped after that. not sure if its just the result of a stressful work week or what but the game hasnt really grabbed me at all and im pretty disappointed in it. dont know if I should give it another try or get a refund. sucks because ive been looking forward to this game since it was announced. Beaten soulsborne games like 12 times combined

Regular fights being completely optional has always been the cast in Souls

Again, ur lying since u get sculptor and heal grill at the same time and thats after 10 deaths.

>Do you consider posture a good mechanic?
No, it's basically a shitty version of Way of the Samurai's blade tension, it's just trash that makes the game tedious when you're just beginning and makes it snowball into a shitshow even harder when you get used to it.

ADAPT,
OR DIE A SHITTER.
THIS IS NOT A SOULS GAME.

Attached: General Tenzen Yamauchi.jpg (930x916, 71K)

Does the game have any postgame content?
Also, has From announced any future DLC?

didn't realize the parry window was so fucking long holy shit

I like it a lot. It's far more interesting and engaging than dodge r1 honestly. It also feels amazing to execute a string of good blocks
The only problem is that it's not really possible to do frame perfect blocks because the block itself has a frame delay. It would feel much better if the block was instant.

based and shinobipilled

Oh, your right. I guess I lost count, still considering I'm probably mid way ish through the game, that's not bad I'd say

Jesus fucking christ user how retarded are you

Dodge is actually way more effective in this fight.
Being ultra aggressive + dodge + shuriken if she jump and she basically does nothing the whole fight, didn't even use any illusion in phase 2 with that strat.

Beat horse guy and butterfly first try. Beat all the mini bosses so far except headless ogre and that water phantom bitch. If I run out of Divine Confettir how the fuck am I supposed to fight spirit type bosses?

this was a big problem I was having, so used to the instant shielding in DS

How in the everloving name of fuck do i beat the rape-crazed flaming bull?

Problem is regular fight in Souls were not only better, they gave you something like armors or weapons, here they give you some ingredients for your arms at best and money.

If you think that's a lie, you're just retarded.

haven't played the game yet, but I want to know
how large is the "deflect window" in sekiro, compared to a parry window in souls?

Attached: 1553218096983.jpg (800x567, 63K)

>tfw was stuck on the drunken lord for like 3 hours because I didn't want to stealth cheese him and prove I could beat him
>couldn't do it so I cheesed
>victory felt absolutely hollow
>proceed to die to the chained ogre at the gate around 8-10 times
It's going to take me a year to beat this shit. I don't get how to avoid eating even one attack. Everything hits so fucking hard I'm dead in one hit basically.

Attached: 1551226576530.gif (282x354, 1.17M)

Nope, you can just spam it. IF you don't time it properly there's a good chance that it's a poor parry/block and Wolf's posture meter fills up. There's still a good chance of missing the window entirely, but it works.

Don’t lock on and run in circles, it’s pretty fucking stupid, don’t be afraid you’ll even clip through his “horns” if you’re doing it right

About just as generous

no u

Attached: 1553242121985.jpg (408x408, 31K)

>if you play like a god

This is the main reason this game is being shit on so much right now. Because if you don't play like a god or die 10 times on a boss and learn all of their combos, your only option is to cheesily run around and chip away at them for 20 minutes.

Dark Souls on the other hand was easier to react to a bosses movement and moveset, even if its the first time seeing it.

use sprint
use firecrackers

Aged feather is BASED

Grandma forced me to stop being a Souls shitter and I finally started deflecting.

My small brain still can't keep up with every option I have when dealing with enemies though, sometimes the best option is to jump, others is to dodge, maybe deflect or try to do a Mikiri Counter. It takes a toll on me

Attached: 1549449572318.jpg (512x384, 19K)

top of the castle

good luck

The clings and clangs are very satisfying but ultimately it's a very exploitable mechanic that makes the kill feel a little cheap and artificial because you are doing fuck all damage to the enemy and then suddenly one shot them. I don't know what to think about it.

Man I died to the stupid WWE ogre thing. The hit box on the running grab is buggy.

It's pretty large.

I'm in the same boat as you, don't know where to buy divine confetti, maybe the vendor that asks you for a big piece of armor will sell it, but I still can't find said armor.

like a fucking year

What sort of person feels the need to get so defensive because someone doesn't like a video game?

It’s unbelievable how shit you must be at video games. You’re cheesing the game and complaining about it.

You can sprint in this game?

>It would feel much better if the block was instant
Fucking this, delayed perfect blocks in a game like this just don't feel right
My biggest gripe about the game, second biggest is the insane tracking some attacks have

Yeah the bosses are my least favorite part.
Listen yall are going to say I'm fucking nuts, but I posit that this game would be a thousand times better if they made your character STRONGER.
>B-B-But it's from soft it has to be hard!!!! Dank souls bloodborne reeeeee!
The combat in this game is fun as shit. Fun to look at, fun to execute and when everything comes together its satisfying as shit. They should have just gave us that. Make the enemies a little weaker, Wolf a little stronger, and just let us be a badass fucking ninja. It's literally almost there, fighting the regular mobs in this game is not difficult at all, it's the bosses that slog it down so much because you slice through 20 people like a tomato and then like you said you get to a boss and you have tiptoe around for 30 minutes just to get annihilated in 2 hits when you're 2 slashes away from killing the fucker.
Grappling hook is sick, prosthetic arm is sick, the swordplay is fucking awesome, just let me use it all. Dont make me have to execute these perfect parries and shit. Let me slice and dice. I know, that doesnt make it dark souls, but its clearly not. That's clearly not what they intended, so instead of shoehorning in half assed dark souls mechanics they should have just embraced something new.

No way. Souls fights were far more simplistic and boring, it's literally just press dodge and then do R1 followup which is highly effective for every single notable fight in the game, that's when you can't just outright stunlock enemies with R1, and the minor variation that weapons provided meant jack shit

Just sidestrafe and make them do all of their four or five attacks until you get down the patterns.

you anons having fun? should I wait a bit before picking it up?

Attached: 1303065903983.jpg (334x367, 49K)

dont worry, later in the game you fight an exact clone of the drunken guy so you can see how much you improved

I beat Genchiro, and Sekiro won't break the Iron Code, what the fuck do I do? I want to help the young lord!!also what other bosses should I face before I proceed? I went into the dungeon and bailed when I saw that horrifying beast down below, and I killed the Lone Swordsman, the samurai general, and Seven Spears.

Larger and less punishing. They want to encourage you to use it. If you fuck up the deflect you block the attack anyways. That said, you can't just spam it because a guard takes greater posture damage than a deflect. And once your posture is down you're more than likely fucking dead kiddo.

I did that fight by just running like a shithead and poking at her HP.

Still don't understand this game

BRAVO MIYAZAKI

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 06-31-40-38.jpg (3840x2160, 612K)

How do you people even breathe? You all seem especially retarded.

Reposting since the other thread died. So i just started the game, but its pretty obvious that the Ninja Prostehtic Guy is yourself right? Hes missing one arm, wears a robe that kinda looks like yours and looks "wolfish". Like the long limps, and being hairy. I remember watching a video some time ago, that seemed to imply that the game had som time travel shit going on. Or is it all just conincidence

Old dodge button

You can literally hammer on the block button to parry everything.

Has anyone beat that purple samurai who stands on top of that building in the memory? I got him to like 20% and died, so fucking gay. Camera is the worst here too.

all of the bosses I've ran into so far have been pretty good.

Except this bull. The bull is fucking stupid. Its just a bad, poorly designed boss fight. Whats worse is its just a miniboss. Every boss I've fought so far has been vastly easier to deal with because they can actually be learned and understood. You either spend a literal 5 minutes kiting it or try cheesing it into the little corner on the right, and even then its still a stupid fight.

It really doesn't feel like a From Software game, it's so much better than BB and DaS

The spear counter is so fucking satisfying

Attached: kenneth-is-happy.jpg (300x306, 61K)

You can just spam it and disengage to make the posture go down.

I agree. The difficulty in Nioh and Sekiro should be swapped.

>Headless

How much Divine Powder do I need and is it finite?

Attached: 1548372240322.jpg (640x640, 46K)

WHEEEEEEEEEEEERE

can you jump from Ashina Castle down to the field where you fight horse guy and live?

youre a shinobi. an illegal sword holder going against armored samurai. it only makes sense that you need to tire them out and then slip the blade through armor crevice.

>Souls fights were far more simplistic and boring,
Because a poor man's dance dance revolution with R1 stunlock spam and L1 instakills is sooooooo much better.

right, thanks
makes sense, since the game looks so fast paced
I don't think anyone would survive the first miniboss if the deflect window was as large as the parrying window in DaS3

Attached: 1552754969979.png (800x800, 340K)

Fuck it
I was fucking right

just follow the prompts

Haha i always jumped off into the water when he was close to killing me, at the end he jumped with me and died

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 06-04-30-60.jpg (3840x2160, 1.31M)

Divine Confetti, my bad I forgot I was throwing a party, not snorting god dust

Isn't that the point though?

You're going against someone who might be heavier geared than you, and breaking down their defense until they're vulnerable for a fatal attack.

Yes, but then their posture recovers while you wait. Sometimes by a pretty significant chunk. I much prefer to go in hard and get it done as fast as I can because that means I have a smaller window of mistakes. I beat Lady Butterfly and Chang Thunderwang with that mentality.

i slipped my blade through your mom's armour crevice lole

Does the snake fuck off forever? I missed trying to marry it.

Yes after much frustration I figured it out.

Just Deflect, Attack, Deflect, Attack. Repeat.
When he does a kick or swipe, just jump/dodge.
The time I beat him it was literally just a string of Deflecting followed by a single attack though.
Killed him in less than 30 seconds

Oh god, it's the deacons of the deep all over again.

A lot of the mini bosses have this white-blueish aura like they're charging up, but really they seem to be clearing their posture.

You should be able to interrupt them, and if you're too far from them, you can hold R1 for a charging attack as a gap closer.

What? Do you have an option not to stab it in the eye and be buddies with it instead? Or did you mean to say "maim"?

Yeah I was getting shit on because I was Dante Royal guarding for the past 30 hours but now I'm kinda used to the block timing I guess. Just need to press it when the enemy raises his sword or use guard as a neutral stance and press it again if when the enemy attacks predictably

When you jump, press A again mid-air for an extra attack that reduces their posture.

Even if that were true it'd be better simply because it's faster paced and aggressive instead of defensive like Souls, but it isn't true at all enemies will block & counter R1 spam and L1 isn't instakill you need to stay aggressive and do consecutive counters of different types

You can break it with anything. I do it with a shuriken then follow up slash for free damage.

>marry the snake
Y... You can actually do that?

Attached: 1529398548564.jpg (1280x1011, 262K)

I'm a souls shitter who beat Butterfly without a single parry. I will continue playing the game in this manner, fuck off with your shitty L1 spam mechanic.

Spam L1 large. Ignore you literally can spam it, the penalty for getting guard broken is fuck all since you recover before any followup 90% of the time. Some enemies have Ninja Gaiden tier attack speed, but you can parry spam their shit, if you coundn't you would be able to count the number of people able to beat the game in one hand.

TLDR: Literally even IGN can do it

I used all mine trying to beat her. Probably went to her a bit early. So far on the wiki and other places i haven't seen any evidence of being able to buy it later on, although I imagine there will be.

t. only fought regular enemies in the tutorial area

>muh 'git gud'
>muh 'so hard u must be bad'
>muh 'I bought this game so it must be good'
>muh 'It has nothing to do with dark souls don't compare them'
>muh 'you don't need weapons customization, fashionsouls, or online gameplay'
>muh 'you don't need diverse combat styles'
Fromfaggots are really pulling out all the stops on the defense of this trash aren't they?

>the only people hating on the game are retards such as yourself
>I point out you that simple fact
>WOW WTF WHY U SO DEFENSIVE

Kek, try killing yourself

Then it turns into kino

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 06-07-44-81.jpg (3840x2160, 1.13M)

>go to feudal Japan
>glorious fortress of ethnic purity
>LITERALLY get attacked by el goblinos living under bridges
wtf is this shit

only person pulling out of their ass here is you

ffs this king weeb guy in the antechamber is annoying.

There's more than one?

>but it isn't true at all enemies will block & counter R1 spam
LMAO, unless it's a gimmick mook like the hat midgets you can spam R1 like a madman and they'll hardly do anything but parry and let you build up their posture for an instakill, who're you trying to fool, and this is for those who actually have swords and aren't totally helpless like archers or riflemen, or not considering just playing passively and mikiri the shit out of them, which instakills them regardless of anything.

What am I suppose to do here?

Attached: 4119.png (1777x838, 1.09M)

Just going off this description, don't know if anything actually happens.

Attached: 20190323014412_1.jpg (1920x1200, 509K)

just uninstalled, what were From thinking

I keep pressing Y when I try to do a makiri.
I don't know which game gave this habit but it's fucking me over.

That dude on the horse is simply just a faggot

When am I supposed to be fighting Genchiro? I've been getting rolled for the past 2 hours when everything before was a cakewalk. Is he the firs plebfilter or am I missing something?

This.
It seemed like even when i was deflecting her, her health was always about equal with her poise.
The main reason it's not worth deflecting is because it's just way too risky. One fuck up and you're done. I'd rather run around and chip away at her safely, even if it did take like 20 minutes.

just parry bro

>15%
Damn user, you got fucked up

I keep pressing B and nothing happens anyway

THE GATE STAND CLOSED

Where do you find this boss

Oh you're talking about generic samurai enemies? They can be taken out exactly like the ones in Souls which is R1 spam except they block and counter sometimes so you need to deflect, and again everything's faster. Spam R1 during bosses or midbosses and you'll get countered or they'll pull out a hyperarmor move and btfo you

You have to press forward + B. Step INTO the thrust and you kick that nigga's shit in

This. From's games are forever cursed because of its retarded souls fanbase.

I'm at 13 lmao...

I keep thinking X is going to be dodge, fucking nioh

>defeat Genichiro
>he has a 2nd form
>Die in the 2nd form, you have to beat him again in the first form.

I dunno, I had a feeling that this game is simply not for me, this stuff alone is making me drop the game. Especially when I am not able to do the first form already decent, imagine doing it a row. I hope this gimmick doesn't get reused a lot, because it's totally lazy.

cringe

>elitist
That's when you know you're bad

I can't time thrusts for shit anyway, I alt+F4d

How embarassing.

Just hold a guard stance and parry when you can detect the predictable strikes
By your reasoning it's not worth dodging because it's just way too risky as well
If you can dodge with the limited i frames then you can parry much better

Multiple stage/form bosses have been a thing since BB. Better get used to it

right after you kill the cripple dragons

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 05-36-07-21.jpg (3840x2160, 1.92M)

Practice on the immortal nigga and you'll probably get better. Basically as soon as the enemy launches the spear forward, you step into it.

My god did everyone on Yea Forums turn into a big fucking baby?

Deflecting makes almost no difference to butterfly though. Her attacks have weird timings that make it really hard to do and her posture regen is really quick. Clearly they want you to slowly wear her health down and check her with shurikens when she's in the air.

what are the mask fragments for

Attached: pillarmen.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>vore

You've got ages to react to those grabs.
Just get away as soon as the Kanji comes up.

It's just his first form with lightning projectiles and a thrust

No it doesn't make much sense at all and a lot of the enemies you fight have as much armour as you and are ninja themselves. You're just looking for some lore explanation when i am talking about how the combat feels. But like i said, i don't hate it, i don't know how to feel about it, it's novelty if anything.

How do you fags have the audacity to call a well placed mechanic that takes technical skill "l1 spam" when all you want to do is mash the dodge nonstop? Fuck off. Fuck yourself if you think that's the pinnacle of gameplay.

that guy is super smooth with all of his animations, it's the hitch in their thrust or the running thrust which fakes me out, though spamming B works 50% of the time

Gameplay mechanic makes more sense than the lore explanation of 1000 folds going through all armor.

I get the mechanic but in the middle of a fight i don't feel like my brains fast enough to distinguish between the different animations in time. Like sometimes he'd do a kick jab, other times he'd do a sweep. I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the symbol is the same for both and I'm just not fast enough to react to which animation he's doing.

If you can't step into it, it's still fairly easy to avoid them as they have a narrow hitbox.

>They can be taken out exactly like the ones in Souls which is R1 spam
Even something as simple as silver knights is already magnitudes harder than any of those shitters and you don't have a magic "I win" button either.
>am R1 during bosses or midbosses and you'll get countered or they'll pull out a hyperarmor move and btfo you
Yeah, good thing we were talking about mooks, but you just had to move the goalposts, did you?
By the by, all your musou tier midbosses can be circlestrafed to death effortlessly just like any of the soulsborne game, if anything they're even more helpless since they telegraph their shit for two seconds, once you get past the first midboss you've already seen it all, unless it has a gimmick like headless I guess.

Based, the roll attack does more damage than other attacks anyways

The window for the spear counter is actually huge. What you need to do is dash forward into it.

I like how the game gives you a choice to play hardmode or not. Like with the battle memories and choosing to use them or not. It doesn't force anything on you.
Definitely room for some challenge runs in here

Attached: 1541434125191.png (293x364, 59K)

The animation is the same for both, but funny enough the thrusts can actually be parried, they're just not perfect deflections.

The sweeps usually have a different animation as the enemy moves their sword/spear to the side before the sweep attack. You can also jump mid-sweep

though I wasn't always stepping into them. I guess that's why it seemed random. the L + B prompt must've gotten past me

>Die a lot
>Get a bad ending
>Die once and run back to rest reset
>Good ending.
Dumb mechanic that can only be circumvented by never dying ever.

Dumb question but does the game has i frames? I'm 11 hours in, already beated Lady Butterfly, Centipede Giraffe, the armored guy you have to throw off a bridge and every other boss in between but since my first attempts at i frame dodging failed I just resorted to not trying to do it anymore. I just want to know if I'm making the game needlessly more difficulty.

I remember some in DS3, but at least there I could deal with it more easily compared to here.

Yeah, but the problem is that I already have problems with his first form, so I have to try and reach his final form with at least one ressurect now. So I have to do the first phase in a perfect execution. Fuck that, desu.

Plus this, with the skills, evading + attacking does a shit ton of damage and good damage to the posture, why even parry.

Counter his thrust kick and jump on him when he does the sweep.

anyone else have a habit of jumping away when an enemy sweeps? I almost always miss out on a jump counter

Pretty sure dodges do.
Seems to me jumps do have I frames as well, but might just be my impression.

So what's the plot

chinks

Why don't you have any revive circles

>Any attack that isn't parryable
>Just jump backwards lol

I didn't dodge though. I just sprinted around like Usain Bolt and went in for an attack every time she finished a combo or big attack.

Somebody stole your shota

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Bad Ending Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Don't Die Haha

Attached: tyler-the-creator[1].jpg (2000x1333, 728K)

old man like little jap trap boy

muh master

>Even something as simple as silver knights is already magnitudes harder than any of those shitters and you don't have a magic "I win" button either.
Why are you comparing elite Souls enemies with the most basic Sekiro enemies? The samurai commanders absolutely btfo the silver knights in every conceivable way lol
>Yeah, good thing we were talking about mooks, but you just had to move the goalposts, did you?
Yeah and the mooks are mechanically dispatched pretty much the same, except they can throw in a curveball and block/counter unlike helpless Souls enemies, and everything's faster and tighter.
>By the by, all your musou tier midbosses can be circlestrafed to death effortlessly just like any of the soulsborne game
If you want to spend fucking ages fighting them sure but then I guess you're used to slow dull gameplay seeing as how you're a Souls fan lol

Your shota liege has been kidnapped by Seto Kaiba.
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue your shota?

Your little boy master is immortal and you have to kill him

Yo, how the fuck do I kill the deeper down carps? I wanna buy that obvious bonus boss mask thing.

REEE, SOMEONE WHO BEAT THE GAME AWNSER ME

For the sake of my son...
Put down your sword.

>Yo
First speak like a human being, then I'll maybe answer your question

That’s why I said the hit boxes are buggy. I would literally dodge to his flank and he character model snapped to me for the grab. It’s like the mimic grab hit boxes all over again.

No bb-esque plot twist?

yes

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 06-32-21-73.jpg (3840x2160, 962K)

The medicinal Pellet description says
>A pill case full of these pellets would also serve as a battle charm.
if you have 3 (the max) do you get a buff or something? or is it just flavor text?

>Play the game like it’s a video game
Who cares how you play it if it ain’t fun why play it?

The hardest part of this game is getting my pirated copy to recognize my DS4

hitting consecutive perfect deflects into posture break is the only satisfying way to play the game

What is the trick for dealing with those big fucking crawling wolverine guys that just go apeshit on you?

Attached: 1468245934363.gif (560x315, 3.64M)

how long was your playthrough?

Are there I-frames in this?

pshh man, this nigga be racist

Kind sir, if you would please answer my question, how can I kill the deeper carps?

how do I get this snake to fuck off in the cave?

wait for them to come up

dats racist yo

if only it didn't take 100, I'd agree

very few, in this case B is the skill you learn that counters thrusts

You find out at the end, is it the big plot twist? Or is it something throughout the middle?

be really rude and neglect your personal hygiene

firecracker and L1+R1 spam wins this fight with ease

So uhh
How do you kill the armored knight?
Do you just have to deathblow him over and over?

Attached: 1552817057328.jpg (1485x1020, 277K)

The sculptor was you from the future the whole time

Which ending is this?

push him off

>not using mouse and keyboard
Ahaha just look at these casuals not playing the game how it was meant to be played :^)

>Silver Knights
>Elites
Kek
>The samurai commanders absolutely btfo the silver knights in every conceivable way lol
How? They can be baited in every way conceivable and you always fight them in bigass arenas, why are you even comparing a midboss to a mook either way?
>except they can throw in a curveball and block/counter
So like any of the mooks with shields in Souls games? And unlike Sekiro, those had something more than just two or three copypasted attacks, all of which parriable.
>If you want to spend fucking ages fighting them
Spamming your shinobi tools for free stagger doesn't take ages, and I'm not even a souls fan, not sure why you even try to start fanbase wars when somebody criticizes your game, if anything I hoped Sekiro moved away from the shitty souls design yet here we are back to the same old shitty tricks you'd see in Souls, except even more geared toward the autistic all or nothing mentality of the cancerous Souls fanbase.

Attached: 1552773597675.jpg (650x427, 49K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tWk-MERYHTk

I death blowed him once and wolf just kicked the guy out the fucking window. He screamed about his son as he fell to his death

Are those underwater fuckers carps too? I killed a couple after they surfaced but I’m not sure if they dropped anything.

so I've got people coughing up blood due to dragonrot, I've bought an item from a murchant that allegedly cures it and I've just encountered the infamous butterfly.
should I pursue the bossfight and cure everyone after it's done? how bad can dragonrot get? does it fuck with my playthrough permanently? Do people die?

Attached: 130719130758.jpg (425x412, 20K)

I played every single DS with mouse and keyboard. I’ve never used a controller since my PS2 days.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ARMOR THAT THE MERCHANT IS ASKING FOR

HOW THE FUCK DO I ENTER THE BUILDING WITH THE SHAMISEN FUCK

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THE OLD HAG IN THE SUNKEN VALLEY MEAN BY "MAKE THE MONKEYS DANCE"

Why the FUCK are the attack tells not color coded?

Like yea if I try really hard I could tell the difference between the 3 different symbols, and at least for some enemies I can learn the tells for easy stuff like grabs, but this would have been so much easier if they did something like yellow: sweep, orange: thrust, red: grab. It's not uncommon to just totally misread what's flashing in front of you when you're in the middle of dealing with a flurry of attacks.

is the horse guy actually parriable. seems impossible

not long enough
you start picking the pieces together when the little shit reveals stuff after killing main bosses

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 06-26-44-88.jpg (3840x2160, 588K)

Attached: IMG_fbe89cb6-7f3f-4b2c-a80c-46a06668bae3.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Always cure dragonrot ASAP, yes people can die from it, yes if people die too much you will get "the bad end"

The fuck..the npc??

Just look at this faggot, in this tiny little room, constantly spamming chain attacks.

Attached: 20190323020622_1.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Yeah, especially on butterfly. Only landed like 2 jump counters the entire fight because i was moving as i jumped.

thanks nigger

I think they’re all the same symbol, it’s just to signify that you’re about to get fucked.

Just mash block button when he's near you.

at least 80% of the reason this game is difficult is because the bosses shit out retarded amounts of damage if they so much as sneeze at you with your guard down

Is wolf a manlet or is everyone really tall?

Attached: wolf.jpg (1920x1080, 493K)

bump

Attached: 14533669255.jpg (1680x1050, 130K)

>How? They can be baited in every way conceivable and you always fight them in bigass arenas, why are you even comparing a midboss to a mook either way?
What midboss? They're a regular enemy that appears alongside mooks all the time. And literally all of that applies to silver knights and more, you can literally stand in place and parry them if you want to prolong the fight even more
>So like any of the mooks with shields in Souls games?
You mean the ones that have a specific state they have to enter to be able to block which they cannot enter at will after they've been staggered? lmaaao this Soulsfag cope. And Souls for the most part just has 1 type of attack with different timing, none of the properties besides timing matter because you have iframes
>if anything I hoped Sekiro moved away from the shitty souls design
It's a step forward that's for sure, basically does Souls combat much, much better

sounds like you want shadow of mordor you faggot

I can't beat butterfly...what's the trick HELP

NPCs can die?

Can they be resurrected?

Who would come up with such a cruel fucking mechanic.

Attached: 78191B85-DF62-422E-B9CA-7698F277FD85.png (580x282, 310K)

I've beaten Grandma and Horsemaster, where the fuck do I go? I wandered around the rooftops of Ashina for a bit, got gangraped by tengu, went down in a fart cave and beat up a leper, then made it to a misty forest where the dude with the Naruto headband told me about a shamisen player. Is that the path forward?

Thanks, I just barely manages to push him off with the finisher

Do you have finite resources to deal with it?
Can the sculptor die?

that just blocks

you can parry him though, just do it early. that's what I was doing wrong

Well, that's pretty much the only way Miyazaki can claim to make hard games, if the bosses didn't instakill you then they'd be total jokes.

Man, I am fucking annoyed now. Spoiled the ending for myself. They could atleast had made it a bit harder to figure out. Like he has too many tells

Except they included counter moves to all of them, so they obviously expect you to recognize what's coming at you and do the appropriate counter.

>being a faggot
fuck off

Works for me. I just mashed the button and the guy gained posture damage like crazy.

damn, that's a pretty effective away of putting more pressure on the player
previously when you played souls games you could just charge into the same boss fight over and over if you don't have anything to lose such as souls and humanity
you can't do that anymore here, you just have to let it go and focus on clearing a different path for a while before coming back

Got it, but fuck this jackass.

Attached: 20190323021234_1.jpg (1920x1080, 377K)

that whole symbol system is retarded and annoying being right in the middle of the screen
jump inputs are mixed in with dodge inputs but some attacks can still be parried
it's unnecessary for stabs because there's a weapon highlight before the action and it obscures combat

Oh good. Everyone is in the same boat.

>try to play as game intends
>deflect
>attack
>enemy also attacks and we both take damage

I feel like this isn't supposed to be happening even though I'm following what the tutorial said.

>only 14% of steam niggers have beaten butterfly
Holy fuck how embarrassing pcfags

Attached: 1542379745189.jpg (720x540, 22K)

You can see by the enemy animation. If a giant ogre has his hands out and you see the symbol, you can probably bet it’s a grab.

The symbol also comes well before the attack so it gives you plenty of time to judge the attack.

How unplayable is it on a regular ps4?

Attached: 1478657501994.jpg (1024x1024, 104K)

>That one diving grab the chained ogre does
I can't even counter it with flame burst because that comes out slower than the grab

Attached: 3654754676547.jpg (1177x1200, 135K)

Not only is Wolf short, but he's like one of maybe 3 reasonably proportioned humans.

Virtually everyone else has like at least a foot of height on him and also have these bizarrely elongated limbs and oversized hands, feet, and legs. It's like he wandered into Street Fighter 4/5.

Is it just me or is Mikiri counter completely busted? That window is HUGE.

Just got the Flaming Bull and have kill Butterfly, how far in am I?

Yes

yeah, you probably need to be more active about engaging him. you're going to have to deflect like four attacks in a row to keep building up his posture gauge, so just get used to it.
make sure you grapple to him when it prompts you, but don't go for more than one or two hits unless he's doing the attack where he swings his weapon around.

No they can't fucking die, jesus the misinformation. You're forced to cure them at a certain point in the story if they're sick, otherwise you're just shat on more often when you die.

He's so easy though. You just spam parry and win. When he does his red kanji attack just jump and hit him. That's it. There's literally no variety in his moveset.

1/3

If you could handle bloodborne you can handle this, only it's made a tiny bit more painful by the fact that there are better alternatives with sekiro whereas bloodborne was ps4 only.

feetfags coming outta the woodworks

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 06-02-56-25.jpg (3840x2160, 1.12M)

Dodge man, literally time dodges right the fight. Or if you want to be less efficient jump back. The whole fight can be done with jumps alone.

parry the world

The bull has to be the dumbest thing ever.

I literally think I’ve been on this horse fight for 2hrs

Shoulda got re2 remake

>They're a regular enemy that appears alongside mooks all the time.
There's barely three of them for most levels, what are you talking about?
>You mean the ones that have a specific state they have to enter to be able to block
Yeah, as opposed to the ones that even if they can enter their block state whenever it doesn't matter at all since you still build posture for your instakill no matter what they do, or worse, if they do dare attack you you can just instakill them and they can't do anything about that.
>Souls for the most part just has 1 type of attack with different timing
And Sekiro's problem is that makes things worse by making you counter everything they do for a free instakill, unlike Souls when you can't counter a lot of shit, I don't even know why you pretend otherwise.
>basically does Souls combat much, much better
It's literally the same old Souls combat, except with jumps, one weapon and with parries being the new rolls.

>Why isn't this game Simon Says for toddlers?

You fucking disgust me. The fact that there's a spider sense indicator flashing 2 seconds before anything happens is casual enough but you're still moaning about it.

Attached: 76868979.jpg (1244x700, 104K)

more like 1/5

Don't use fire to counter him, use it to open up the opportunity to just hack at him. After move of his attacks (you should be dodging this guy, not parrying) you have enough time to get a couple slashes in and let off a flame burst. He'll start his next attack right as you go into flame burst and get stopped, then stand there for like 2 seconds or so freaking out over the fire, so just wail on him. Since you're close he usually does his close range grab right after, which is pretty quick so be ready for it.

Use the aged feather, the trailer literally shows that exact fight

The tips screen tells you that just because you deflected an attack doesnt mean youre free to do whatever. You are probably deflecting the first strike of a combo and getting hit by the rest, take some time to observe enemy movesets.

So I sold off the samurai to Doujun or whoever that is in the Abandoned Dungeon and then I killed the shamisen lady. Did I get the bad end?

>Soulsborne games
>Die, only you suffer
>Sekiro
>Die, everyone else suffers
Fuck, I'm so sorry

Attached: 5t43.png (850x385, 315K)

Wrong, merchants, the old lady who gives you the bell. They die if they get too much rot

>>Why isn't this game Simon Says for toddlers?
Isn't it exactly that?

Attached: 1550702820911.jpg (303x351, 19K)

Offlock dodging + attacking is honestly still the best strategy, I've beaten up to Genichiro without much trouble simply mashing circle and R1 in rhythm with their attacks

kek the ogre was the first area I visited so I didn’t have fire at that time. I imagine it would’ve been much easier.

>git gud
>or die trying while taking everyone along with you
It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Attached: 1551715379949.jpg (446x594, 84K)

Sprint always.
Sprint and when she does an attack that leaves her open, go in for a single attack. Always watch out for her sweep attack as it is her hardest single hitting attack.

In the second phase she'll do a new combo that ends in a stab/grab (can't remember which). This is easily avoided by continuing to sprint around her. When she sends her illusions away, hide behind a pillar to avoid the incoming butterflies.

She was the first boss I fought and I only had 2 healing gourds. Probably good to go with more and/or some pellets.

AWAY, AWAY

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (3477x1154, 1.28M)

Advices to master Genichiro? I need to do the first phase perfect, it took me almost 2-3 hours to get to the 2nd phase. Or there are other areas that I can do in the meanwhile and return there once I am powered up?

Don't know where else to ask this, but I killed the snake and fell off the cliff without exploring like a moron. Is there a way to get across that bridge later or what? It's gonna bother me

This game just has 0 options

Like ninja gaiden was very hard but it gave you enough tools and options to deal with the bullshit

So, how is this game Anons?
Similar to play as the Souls games?
Worth buying?
Worth pirating?

Attached: 1492337375374.png (788x1238, 335K)

Use the feather prosthetic

Attached: 1489273530473.jpg (640x654, 71K)

I only noticed this after like 6-7 hours. I saw a Tengu guy and assumed he wasn't human, then saw a regular samurai human and realized he looked exactly the same. Fucked up hands and shit.

>Similar to play as the Souls games
No, not really.

>had to actually turn down the audio for sfx because I got so fucking tired of the CLANG sound on every fucking enemy

Attached: 1550952942068.jpg (3000x2825, 1.14M)

>No options
>Literally 4 different skill trees with multiple paths
Stop that

>Yeah, as opposed to the ones that even if they can enter their block state whenever it doesn't matter at all since you still build posture for your instakill no matter what they do, or worse, if they do dare attack you you can just instakill them and they can't do anything about that.
And? Souls trash mooks also are completely helpless in 1 on 1 combat, I dont know why youre even bothering complaining when its like this across the entire series...thats why they mix them together, so they stand at least a small chance of damaging you.
>And Sekiro's problem is that makes things worse by making you counter everything they do for a free instakill, unlike Souls when you can't counter a lot of shit, I don't even know why you pretend otherwise.
In the end its the same kind of QTE like gameplay except Sekiro has variety to its counters and a faster more aggressive pace as I said. So whats the problem? If you dont like Souls combat thats fine but you literally started by calling the old combat system better when its just a sluggish simplistic and defensive version of what you do in Sekiro

First phase is a joke... every time the red symbol appears you just press B. Second phase it doesn't work cause he does other attacks that make the symbol appear. Third phase just get good at the lightning when landing. It fucks him up.

Not gonna lie so far I have a feeling that Nioh will be a better game.

I always fuck it up and end up dodging towards them and getting skewered.

It's lenient but i wouldn't call it that, it's certainly not soulshitter safe as this whole day proved.

this
but 2-3 hours, really? just disengage lock-on, constantly dodge behind him and punish every time he whiffs. mash R1 when you land a hit until he regains composure, then start blocking/parrying his blows until he finishes the current combo. back off, let your posture recharge and start looking for another opening. if he starts charging his bow don't attempt to dodge, just block it since his tracking is too sharp. also his second form has insanely telegraphed attacks making this strategy even more effective.

I really hate that even when you stealth kill it blares that stupid fucking sound. who the fuck decided that, make it muffled or some shit

That bull is just bad game design. Not fun, doesn't really teach you mechanics. Or require any, just jump around and attack his ass once in a while. OR try firecrackers but they're limited and the window they offer is small.

>Even something as simple as silver knights is already magnitudes harder than any of those shitters and you don't have a magic "I win" button either.
I hope your being ironic. parrying and circle strafing ARE all that is needed to win. GG EZ.

>Similar to play as the Souls
Feels like a poverty souls, so to speak.
Limited RPG mechanics that don't even make sense, if anything they ruin the pacing of the game and gate you out of key skills for no good reason while also adding a lot of unnecessary shit you still need to unlock to get the actually good stuff.
Combat is...eh, not really sure about it since I'm not that deep in, but it's just the usual Souls stuff with a few gimmicks and less variety, more punishing since your health upgrades are less generous than Souls, and it rewards a more proactive approach (while making it a lot more irritating at the same time since you die in two hits to everything), also instakill galore.
I don't know, feels like a poor mishmash made by people who couldn't decide what they wanted to make.

The CLANG doesn't bother me as much as those ZOOOM sfx that plays when you're going in for cinematic kills so realz that seems to be staple for fromsoft's games.

This is nice in theory but the game would end being about six hours long.

Maybe they should make games that aren't Souls mods then.

Circle strafing does nothing in this game though

That's actually not the ending though. The Sculptor is a parallel to you and you can take his place but there's no time travel or anything. He's not you. In this setting you can become Shura, a demon, by killing yourself and basically becoming Blood-drunk like in Bloodborne. The Sculptor nearly succumbed to it but Isshin Ashina cut his arm. He's hairy and constantly carves Buddha because he wants to contain his bloodlust. In the ending the Central Forces invade Ashina and he loses it and becomes the Demon of Hatred, which you kill. There's a bad ending where you can become Shura yourself, and a good ending where you... well I don't want to spoil it even if you are reading this, but let's say you don't end up as the Sculptor. There's also a fourth ending but no idea how you get it.

Attached: maiden in black.png (550x778, 379K)

I really dunno. Mikiri Counter seems to work at random. Sometimes it gets through and sometimes the character just sprint. Thanks for the tips, but this shitty boss might make me drop the game. Are there other areas to explore?

Well, yeah it took me 2-3 hours to see him once lighting up. I will try dodging and attacking then. I guess this game is not for me user.

>I'm not that far in
>skills are gating
Kys

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 06-31-15-57.jpg (3840x2160, 885K)

When that blue thing reaches 0%

It is not fun. I get it, I understand the posture system, I know you're not supposed to play it like a Souls game, I've had no trouble progressing through the game, but it's fucking dull. The stealth is shit, the platforming/grappling hook verticality is shit, the posture-based combat is great but only when you're fighting mini-bosses and human bosses because normal enemies die to R1 spam like any other From game and all the non-human bosses like Ogre, Bull, Headless, etc. throw the fucking posture mechanics out the window and are just stupid Souls bosses that you circle around and R1 to death, except now you die in two hits guaranteed. The level design is trash, the enemy AI is trash, the way you can only grapple to ledges from specific angles is trash, the exp/skill system is trash. There's potentially a good game in there somewhere but god damn they really phoned it in after coming up with the fantastic combat.

THANK YOU user

Just sprint and use Firecrackers. Firecrackers stuns animals for a long as time, enough to chunk his health down. The bull is more like a souls boss than anything else in the game. Forget everything else and just run and R1 spam when it's safe.

Mash the parry button? I don't understand how you can be having trouble with it.

Literally better level design than any other Souls game except parts of Dark Souls 1.

Who /stopped giving a shit about dragonrot/ here?

Using the EZ-Buddha all the time is tiring so I don' even care about deaths anymore.

My god the amount of shitposting is insane.

You were saying that Silver Knights are harder than the samurai minibosses. No they aren't. You can circle strafe and parry sliver knights all day every day.

is the old bell lady and her son meant to die or did i fuck up?

>Locking away key skills like Mikiri Counter behind exp. grind
>Locking away bullshit strong special attacks behind exp. grind
>But don't give the player other meaningful rpg mechanics to close the gap
It's literal gating, and the worse thing is, it's not even intelligent gating since you can still grind bandits and shit like you'd do in DS, it's just needless gating AND padding.

First dot, deflect his landing when he jumps in the air, then right when the red symbol appears press B without a stick direction.

Second dot he either does the stab attack or the sweeping attack, you can either read it or just jump backwards. If you read it and he does swing attack jump, jump again on his head, and then do a R1+L1 attack. (I used the overhead swing that goes straight down, it fucks him up)

It's a bit hard to read so I ended up just jumping back for the 2nd dot

Sorry I wasn't the same user
I also didn't know the context because I'm a shithead

Mashing the parry button must be a meme. Mash the parry button, stance goes to max, you get on the ground and you get damage afterwards. You can't really always on the parry. Unless I am missing something.

stupid user

Attached: 1549951399316.png (600x570, 157K)

How is it padding if it's literally not needed? I haven't used a single unlocked ability yet

>stance goes to max
Mash, not hold.

>tfw Nioh 2 is going to BTFO this game so bad

Attached: Newman.gif (500x375, 498K)

Lol, I'm making a webm of me circlestrafing all those midbosses to death once I do a new game run.

Hello fellow Yea Forums friends, is there any interesting lore or story thoughts you have? I need some for my youtu... personal enjoyment.

This has increasingly been my experience. After the initial few hours the honeymoon has worn off and the mechanics are starting to grate on me. The snake has been the most interesting part of this game it was cinemashit.

So you don't actually have to time deflects at all, you can just mash L1 and it will always work?

>How is it padding if it's literally not needed?
>Mikiri counter
>Not needed
Yeah, I enjoy spending 15 minutes for every lance enemy in the game too.

GO HOME VAATI

Attached: back in my workshop.jpg (560x574, 231K)

Also if you mash the posture goes up.

You know you can just deflect right?

Mashing it will just lead to lose of posture

>wow how dare I not be able to use this great sword without 30 strength
>wow I can't use this arcane spell without higher intelligence
>why is the game gating me
This is how fucking stupid you sound.

You literally just dodge left or right when he goes for the grab. Or you can just sprint around him in circles and attack when he finishes an animation.

People had me worried for this guy when they mentioned needing the fire prosthetic for him. I was very disappointed with how pathetic he was. He had some cool wrestling moves though.

>deflecting spears

Attached: 1527262615826.jpg (410x380, 49K)

Did the maid die for anyone else? I cured the rot but she still died.

Hey, I just got Fushigiri from Senpou temple. Am I done here? I recall there being like a centipede boss in one of the leaked trophy lists.
Also for those who have beaten the game, how close am I to finishing it?

Attached: 1492400774093.png (512x422, 279K)

He's right though faggot. It's a thrust attack, it's that simple.

not really, but you probably won't take damage. there's some enemies that build up a ridiculous amount of posture damage on block though, so you'll actually have to git gud on those.

Just cure them bro LOL

You can deflect every thrust attacks in this game.
The tutorial even tells you so.

WHERE CAN I BUY MORE CONFETTI

im trying dammit be patient with me

Attached: 1546886651972.jpg (720x960, 32K)

The point is that it seems like there's no "downtime" between deflect attempts, as long as you just mash it it'll work

>Comparing an RPG with proper RPG mechanics to an action game with half baked RPG gating
You people will literally defend any bad decision Miyazaki takes no matter what, just for the sake of keeping up the "hardcore" e-cred.

Attached: 1512779147737.jpg (468x423, 108K)

sekiro unironically has worse stealth mechanics and AI than metal gear solid 1

Is there any reason to go to Monk town before climbing the fortress?

Man you guys would not have liked Demons Souls and World/Character Tendency

I cleared it completely, claw boss and shit, found the secret route to the pagoda, etc etc. My favorite zone in the entire game

How do I upgrade me spear to the spiral spear? I have all the materials, enough money, and all the previous spear upgrades. But it still says I dont meet the prerequisite to upgrade. Help pls.

They should've made the tutorial undead mandatory, at least for the first lesson so people know the guy exists.
Too many dumbasses mashed through tutorial dialogs then complained about it.

I got to the rematch with Genichiro I didn't know he had a second form

It's more or less the same, slightly worse sound detection and FoV and no reaction on touch, but at least you can't clip through enemies like in MGS.
Still, it's really fucking embarassing that the first fucking Tenchu did have the same exact stealth mechanics but all done better.

We get it you like stat checks more than skill trees. No one gives a fuck you whiney bitch.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2LnQQ63BKks

You can literally see him mashing. Also no, you don't get damaged afterwards because enemies have no guaranteed followups and long telegraphs.

Folding Screen Monkies are such shit.

run around doing some meme shit to clear all the mob guards then have the boss chase you around the map until i lose aggro then sneak boss so he only has 1 life bar when the fight starts then go full guitar hero and wait for the prompts.

Literally a baddie.

Git gud.

What's the name of the percussion things they use in almost all songs? I really like them, sounds very warlike

I've been wondering that myself.
Never touched it as it looked like your typical souls knockoff, but starting to wonder how it can be more dull than this.

I'm not having problems with the game so far though, it's just a puzzling mess of conflicting decisions.
Do keep using that git gud apology though, I've been seeing it since the old DeS days, the more you people use it the more the inevitable backlash will be worse for you.

There is too much whining around this game.

>Dragonrot cure is limited
Welp.

I'm convinced you people started gaming last gen or something, jesus fucking christ

Now I'm wondering, this game doesn't have NG+, does it?

>percussion things
You mean drums?

Attached: grayons.png (558x614, 45K)

Shut the fuck up, you'd have a point if this combat system didn't revolve around you straight up eating an attack that leaves you nearly dead or outright dead on the wrong reaction. If it's the point in the encounter where you are still learning their attack sequences, you won't know the animation tells, and if that's ALL we're really supposed to be relying on, then why even have the symbol to begin with?

It's that shit that make people approach this game like a even duller demon's souls, just circle strafing and getting tiny little swipes in periodically because the game doesn't give you the right tools to actively participate in combat as promised.

So far the endings are
1) Join the Owl, except you go blood-drunk after having to kill Emma and old-man Isshin, become a demon and kill everyone. No one should get this ending, you lose out on so much. Decline the Owl's offer.
2) The plot keeps progressing and eventually you reach the Palace where the Nobles reside, a race of weird dragon hybrids of people who are ascending. You kill them all, gouge out a tear of the divine dragon, return to Ashina, which is in the middle of war as the Central Forces have invaded. They are awesome dual wielding swordsmen. You escape and fight Genichiro, who came back for Kuro with a second Fushigiri. You kill him easily, he commits sudoku by cutting his neck and Sword Saint Isshin Ashina crawls out of the wound. You kill him but Kuro is mortally wounded. He dies and you take the place of the sculptor, ready to help another shinobi in the future.
3) This ending is the same as the previous one except you need a special item. You manage to save Kuro, but you restore his mortality and yours. You promptly "condemn the last immortal" and kill yourself with Fushigiri. Emma and Kuro mourn your death and Kuro goes on to live a normal life
No idea what the fourth ending is
And the Sculptor loses himself to the bloodlust and becomes a Laurence-like Demon of Hatred and wrecks the Central Forces, but it seems like it's still too late for Ashina.

Attached: plain doll.jpg (850x1202, 104K)

Nah dude. As I am saying in other posts, this game just might not be for me.

Those are not drums, the things that sound during the first part and then almost stop sounding during the second phase

Nioh is actually really good, user. It's pretty cheap these days, so jump into it. It's definitely NOT a cheap Souls rip-off.

Link kind of related, some of the OST is pretty good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mz0FFhNnoio

they seem pretty lackluster to me, but I only have the first one.

it does

>tfw you're sort of stuck on the third boss ogre slave thing

Attached: 261159340.jpg (600x600, 52K)

It's not ruining the game for me, but fuck I hate phases separated by a health bar. Like it's a nice surprised the first time, but stop fucking doing it. DS3 was a bitch about that

>THE FUCKING KITE ENEMY THAT SCREAMS OH MY GOD IT SCARED ME SHITLESS

That's a mini boss, real bosses give you memories

It’s like they took ryu hayabusa from ninja gaiden but strip him of his ninja and left him with just the gaiden.

The bosses give 0 fucks about what you got going on and hits you with that next level bullshit.

>beat horse guy first try
>beat old lady second try
>ogre guy and drunk guy, as well as that fucking general back at the place you start all fuck me up like at least 15 times each
Why are the bosses so much easier than mini-bosses?

No it fucking doesnt.
And it pisses me off.

Attached: 1552117793397.png (779x900, 1015K)

Can I break the Iron Code? I don't want to tell Kuro no. He seems like he's right.

>easier than dark souls
LOL
YOU FUCKERS LIED TO ME
THIS SHIT IS NOT EVEN COMPARABLE TO SOULS
I'VE DONE SL1 AND BL4 RUNS FOR FUCK SAKE

Attached: 1542565251784.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

You basically ruin the game if you follow the Owl by getting a very early ending. You miss so many good bosses and areas.

Wait, is there a boss I was supposed to kill before the horse guy and the chained ogre? I keep seeing people mention other bosses before hand, but I've only encountered the one so far.

You're retarded.
youtu.be/ZagsLrNzg3I?t=7

I want to play as a big ass Samurai in Sekiro 2: Shadows Die Harder

Question. So is this game singleplayer only? As in 100% and not "singleplayer" like the other souls games.

>It's that shit that make people approach this game like a even duller demon's souls
It's really not all that different, only real difference is that you die faster and can't do anything about it, which is where all the frustration comes from.
Not really a good model but the game has worse problems than that, and admittedly, if you can't stand that kind of punishment you shouldn't play this game to begin with.

It's honestly more annoying dealing with shitposters on Yea Forums than taking your time to learn all the attacks on these bosses.

Yeah, I don't want to follow the Owl but I don't have a fucking choice. He keeps going, "GUH.. FATHER!!! THE IRON COOODE!"

Yes

so what do I do with the snake's heart? I wanted to eat it but it seems that's not doable.

RE 2 remake exposed a lot of scrubs on Yea Forums. Game these days have become too easy and fast paced so your average ADD zoomer cant appreciate a good even if it slaps them across the face.
>inb4 boomer i'm 22 year old zoomer just like you faggot

Attached: large.jpg (800x450, 61K)

NEW THREAD
(OC is not mine btw)

Imagine being this angry because other people like a video game.

IS THERE NG+ OR NOT
TELL ME

>buy jump block to jump back and block against man on horse
>still get hit
Yea I’m booting this dmc5 backup. at least I have control of my fate in that

Attached: 726C06C1-0CD5-4FB3-8FA3-7A6D5492B1CE.jpg (702x562, 57K)

YES CONFIRMED MONTHS AGO
IDIOT

yes

I beat her. I must be a god.

There is and it comes with a hard mode where you take a massive amount of chip damage if you do not perfect block

>feeling smug as hell about killing the Great Serpent
>descend further down into the valley
>there's a second one
So how do I kill this thing? It sits on a small bridge and basically charges at me constantly.

Attached: tumblr_pd7lkwt81d1sxdw1u_540.gif (275x206, 1.7M)

but that doesn't sound anything like it
the thing that starts to sound at 0:31

its probably so you're inclined to make riskier plays since you have a safety net

>mfw i can deathblow his eyes after what seems like one century of hide and seek
SCALIES FUCK OFF

Do it like a toreador, dash around him. I've got bigger problems with minibosses

Yeah, my mates can get dragon tuberculosis and i wouldn't care
I'll still throw my wolf body to bosses a thousand times until i win

When they hit the side it sounds exactly the same. Stop being stupid.

scripted death, both of them has aids

>tfw you can literally LITERALLY spam L1
lmao I wish, but no. the game even tells you not to do that

>fromsoft YET AGAIN filters casuals e.g: Yea Forums
IMAGINE MUH SHYOCK

I've only faced one of those and he was easier than most minibosses I have faced, for some odd reason.

Definitely found butterfly easier than the fat cunt outside.

literally fucking how? Juzou was a game of deathblowing his adds, stealthing him and then 2 vs 1 dirty fightan

imagine being so delusional that you can't see that posts point.

Shut the fuck up. No one cares about meme souls here. We Sekiro now.

how do you get past the snek in the dark cave when he charges you when you walk to the bridge
and i do not mean the valley where you first see that fucker and stab the eye

Nioh had bitches screaming at release too despite it being pretty easy once you got the hang of it. Wait 6 months and people will make fun of you for even ever dying. I still remember the cruel jeers at my expense when I told people I died to the one reborn a few months after bloodborne was released.

I didn't use the samurai standing there as i felt he might be some important story character and didn't want him to die. Also stealthing him is cheap as fuck. That's bitch mode.