Was the diversity in this game forced or organic?

Was the diversity in this game forced or organic?

Attached: Grand_Theft_Auto_San_Andreas (1).jpg (1280x1580, 546K)

It was 2004, who cares?

Leans more towards organic. Nowhere near as forced as 5 was

It was completely organic. San Andreas is based off of the West Coast, so you have different groups represented. In Los Santos (LA) you've got black and Hispanic street gangs, San Fierro (San Francisco) is a hippie's paradise, and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) is full of white gamblers. I don't know how you could call this forced.

What is the diference between forced and organic diversity?

IT'S A NICE DAY FOR A
WHITE WEDDING

Diversity in games doesn't bother me if you have a character who is normal and just happens to be that race/gender etc, and don't make a point of it.

Forced is only games that came out in recent memory, organic is games OP grew up with.

forced is when it feels like a character was shoved in a game to check a box.
organic is when it feels like that character was part of the game and just happens to be said sex/race/orientation

Organic
it was based off of gang warfare after all

Honestly a good answer. If this came out today Yea Forums would be like "R* is forcing niggers into my games!"

Preferring old stuff is not always due to nostalgia, retard.

This, unless their race or gender is somehow relevant to the plot then it shouldn't be important, it's like how I saw a screenshot of Dobson on face book complaining about no LGBT characters in marvel films, and when people listed a few he said shit like "but the movies don't show that so it doesn't count" and said how what he wants is the movie to outright address the character is a fag.

Franklin was forced as fuck. He lacked the straightman appeal/charisma of CJ and dragged the game down further by letting his ex-bitch and crackhead friends drag push him around.

Kind of both if you regard the fact it wasn't made by the people it's representing as forced, but organic in the sense that it wasn't from the perspective of straight white male protag with random minority characters being put in the spotlight or heavily focused on, but actually starting from the point of CJ without any random exposition or stage-setting like what is normal in more SJW era forced

It was a game made by white people for the white peoples of the world

we just took blacks and portrayed them as the funny monkeys they are

>What is the diference between forced and organic diversity?

There is not an equal, random distribution of races throughout time and space. Some places are entirely populated by one race. Sometimes there is a mix. Depending on the setting, depicting certain races is either proper or nonsensical. For instance, putting Blacks in 15th century Bohemia makes absolutely no sense. That would be forced diversity. Making a Navy Seal a Filipino woman would be as well, or having many Blacks in Montana.

Depicting Blacks in an environment based off of Los Angeles is organic and lifelike. Context is everything.

>forced or organic diversity
No such things exist

Some would say that and bitch about CJ, some would say rockstar is based because the game is niggers committing crimes and murdering people. Yea Forums is so determined to make turn everything political they'd screech sjw at games even if there is nothing inheritantly sjw about them other then playing a black protag.

LOUISIANA WOMAN
MISSISSIPPI MAN

>Honestly a good answer. If this came out today Yea Forums would be like "R* is forcing niggers into my games!"

Absolute bullshit you intellectual subhuman.

It's already happening in this thread

That is extremely racist.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

MOTHER

Given the setting and story it makes perfect sense to have a primarily black cast.
You are faggots, a story taking place in California about gangs makes sense to have blacks, some story about Medieval Europe having black knights, royalty and commoners all over is forced diversity but keep on pretending that there is no difference so you can act offended.

fuck drumf and fuck niggers desu

Cesear getting with CJ's sister is slightly first, but the game does acknowledge that it is taboo and it creates a little bit of tension between Cesear, CJ, and Sweet.

It's funny because one of the Knights of the Round Table was black.

Hey, nigger, fuck you.

Organic.
They just wanted to make a game about black gangs rather than having a single black person be important.

Organic = San Andreas. Takes place in a fictional California that is multicultural diverse in real life.

Forced = Far Cry 5. Takes place in a rural Montana that is white as fuck in real life. Yet the population in the game is multicultural..

For me, it's K-ROSE

I didn't like Franklin for other reasons. He didn't feel as developed as Michael or Trevor. If Michael and Trevor were black and Franklin was white my opinion wouldn't change.
You really don't see how at least some people on Yea Forums wouldn't react that way? You're delusional.

>forced
The image that gets posted in VTMB threads from the nuRulebook or some shit, about that Rudi character, a gay Muslim vampire who white knights for female kindred against the "misogynistic" elders, still hangs out with his old friends and fights for minority rights both in and out of kindred society.
>Organic
CJ is just some nigga from the hood. Sure he's a criminal and shit but he has a bit more to him then just being a black dindu. Problem is Yea Forums being too retarded to tell the difference most of the time, and as such associate everything as being forced.

It seems organic at first, because unfortunately, the USA is plagued by diversity, and because its a parody of LA, it mimicked the racial demographics pretty well. The gangs tend to be racially defined, and the black characters ring true to reality. They are stupid and funny,which is why Rockstar will never attempt something like that again. However, it does become kinda forced, but this was a time when forced diversity was not done in the guise of blatant white hatred, so naive individuals think that this type of forced diversity is better. However, it does get kinda forced, particularly with the way the plot goes, and how CJ somehow gets involved with all these different type of gangs, all the race mixing that never would in real life. Thats about it tho, and some people wouldn't care because its a silly video game plot.

If this game came out today, Yea Forums would definitely bitch about a black MC, and to be frank, they hate the right to do so.

If this game came out today they would have made Tenpenny a white guy.

Absolutely organic. GTA is one of the very few games where a black protagonist makes sense.

Except probably not? Tenpenny was voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. SLJ played another black villain in a movie that came out this decade. Django Unchained (2012).
Now, granted, that was only 7 years ago (FUCK) but still, art is complex.

I think having black characters would be stupid in a medieval European game. I never said it's the same as San Andreas. Nice strawman. I'm not saying that because black characters work in SA, it'd work in everything. I'm saying certain people on Yea Forums (not necessarily you) would interpret ANY black character as forced diversity or SJW propaganda.

>If this game came out today, Yea Forums would definitely bitch about a black MC

Are you implying people on the internet didn't bitch about it back then? Because I'm old enough to remember this is not the case.

Attached: gtasa.jpg (500x1667, 205K)

>However, it does get kinda forced, particularly with the way the plot goes, and how CJ somehow gets involved with all these different type of gangs, all the race mixing that never would in real life.
That seems more like "we want to do shit involving triads so fuck it, let's have CJ get on good terms with some chinks" then doing it for brownie points. Plus they're usually coming together to commit crimes and kill people, not exactly a noble goal or anything.

Dan, I realized I stated my reasons for not liking Franklin and not one of them was because he was black. What does this mean?

True, maybe not rockstar but any other dev I could see it happening.

I never said you hated him for being black. I was just stating my own view.

>However, it does get kinda forced, particularly with the way the plot goes, and how CJ somehow gets involved with all these different type of gangs, all the race mixing that never would in real life

This is not true at all. Mexican cartels for example do business with Asian crime syndicates all the fucking time.

I see your point. Makes sense. I'd say the diversity in SA is organic. Forced diversity is bad to me, I just didn't know the difference in the terminology.

GET DOWN
SATURDAY NIGHT

Attached: GTAViceCity.jpg (766x1081, 241K)

Yes, it's forced if Niggers are doing anything but acting like a bunch of dirty apes killing each other and women have any role that isn't taking the male characters dicks. Kingdom come deliverance is the only true game to come out in recent memory.

>Navy Seal a Filipino woman would be as well
Well how do you know there isn't a stronk Filipino womyn in the navy seals, huh Incel?

>If this game came out today, Yea Forums would definitely bitch about a black MC, and to be frank, they hate the right to do so.
Why?

It was too far back for it to be an issue. Diversity is only an issue now that every single TV channel, news broadcast, twitter post, political debate, video game and streaming service constantly scream "DIVERSITY IS GOOD AND WE'RE FORCING IT AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU'RE A RACISSS"

>If this came out today
no I did that when it came out. but the game was still good so whatever.

HOLD THE LINE

LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS ON TIME

WOAH WOAH WOAH

I'VE GOT
TWO TICKETS TO PARADISE

TWO TICKETS TO PARADISE

Nigger.

A QUE TU NO VAILA
MARACAIBO

Wrong, the most "diverse" show that i'm aware of is the expanse and I like it because it's not forced. I'm racist btw.

What diversity? Game was about black gangs and ghetto american culture to begin with. There was no politics shoehorned into the game, that's one of the reasons why it was kino.

Attached: Disregard.png (1440x990, 255K)

>wrong
I was asking a question.

sorry I wanted to respond to this

organic. Rockstar doesn't give a fuck about PC culture and only wanted to tell a fun story. Early 90s in California was another interesting time to explore after we had bleak modern day New York and 80s cocaine-filled Florida. Black protag just made the most sense too given the setting and the era.

fuck me

R U N

D
M
C

It’s genre specific. Organic to that genre.

All I know is that it became frustrating to search for a specific hooker model.

>it's literally a game about niggers doing nigger shit
M8, I don't know why you think /pol/ would hate a game about shooting gang bangers. I can't wait for the new vampires game so I can kill trannies

I don't think they'd hate shooting them, I thought they'd hate playing as one.

My experience watching luke cage right here

CJ was the only white presenting character in the game, he gets honorary status like Dorner

There is no such thing as "forced" diversity, it's a retarded argument to begin with.

>Gay character can easily be confused as straight, never mentions his sexuality unless he or the game explicitly tells you
>Then why is he gay? What purpose does him having gay have to the game? Why isn't he straight? They just made him gay for diversity points
>Gay character is open about sexuality, talks about husband, flirts with other men, has a love interest, etc.
>Wow stop forcing your gayness down my throat. Good gay characters are defined by their sexuality and don't go on and on about how gay they are

>Black guy is just an average joe, doesn't talk about being black or the issues he face being black, could easily be turned white and game wouldn't change
>Then why is he black? Why isn't he white? What purpose does him being black have to the game? He's just black because the devs want diversity points
>Black character talks about slavery, police brutality, racism, redlining, issues he disproportionately faces as a black person
>Wow stop shoving your politics down my throat. Why can't black characters just be normal characters?

The only time "forced diversity" is even remotely an okay argument is if you are setting your game in a VERY SPECIFIC time period in history. For example, it would make no sense for there to be white people or black people or Hispanics in a game set in 1650s Japan when they were going through isolationist policies. But even then because it's fiction the writer can just BS any plot device they want depending on what story they want to write (the main character is a time traveler from modern times, ala Daikatana, for example- then they could be any ethnicity).

It makes the least sense to whine about forced diversity in a game set in modern times because we live in an age where immigration and globalization are a thing. People take planes, people travel, people go to different countries on business, etc.

Attached: 1436429552915.jpg (737x787, 125K)

It's a game about niggers shooting each other in compton, of course it was organic

>The image that gets posted in VTMB threads from the nuRulebook or some shit, about that Rudi character, a gay Muslim vampire who white knights for female kindred against the "misogynistic" elders, still hangs out with his old friends and fights for minority rights both in and out of kindred society.
image pls

If you mean the diversity of cast, it was organic.

If you mean the diversity of missions, where you are at one moment saving a super rapper's life, the next stealing an airplane from the USA military to kill left-wing politicians, the next just fighting near your home about drug traffic, it was absolutely forced. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing.

When it was about the games and not about diversity or some other facet of social justice. Good times man. I miss them.

It gets posted in pretty much every vtmb thread on these days, even before 2 was announced. I'm personally going to wait until the games actually out and see how "woke" it is before deciding to play or not, those people saying they preordered a year from release despite seei gnno gameplay even are retarded.

Attached: 1553307063622.png (1052x631, 229K)

>seei gnno
Seeing no gameplay*
Alright, I think that's my hint to go to fucking sleep at 4 in the morning. Good night Yea Forums.

Attached: 1553284985146.gif (250x250, 264K)

It stereotypes and parodies gangster culture it doesn't glorify it.

Attached: san andreas.jpg (500x1667, 215K)