Atelier Lulua

Most of the game was great but what a disappointing conclusion and ending. Gust dropped the ball with this.

Attached: ok hand.jpg (492x388, 87K)

Gust has "dropped the ball" with like the last 4 games

nice pit

WHO IS HER DAD

i wish koei tecmo would just let gust polish their shit instead of forcing them to rush out multiple games a year

Gust always fucks up the ending.

Alchemy!

Me

Actual answer: She's adopted, you learn it in the first conversation with Sterk. Rorona is a 40 year old virgin pretending to be a mother.

>Gust won't allow it's characters to bang, even in a story setup where that's the whole point
>even with the one Arland MC who was straight and had a real male love interest

Attached: garbage.jpg (512x384, 39K)

What an exhibitionist exposing her armpit pussy like that.

Why is she doing a white supremacist sign?

Is this your first JRPG? even a lovey dovey game like Nier Automata didnt allow 2b and 9s to have android babies.

And we barely knew anything about Papa Nier's Wife.

I'm fine with a disappointing ending (in what way, anyway?) if the bulk of the game is truly great.

But does it feel like an Arland game or like a Mysterious game with an Arland skin?

I know why they don't do it in the character's native game, gotta keep the heroine pure and all that. But characters fuck off screen during a time skip is a different story. Rorona isn't the heroine anymore, no one is going to seethe that she's a married woman at 40.
Also
>Near a Tomato
>JRPG

It's running on it's own mechanics but it's definitely closer to a Mysterious game.

even in a story setup where that's the whole point

lol

>even with the one Arland MC who was straight and had a real male love interest

LOL

>yurifags

Attached: Screenshot_20180320-135824.jpg (399x700, 79K)

This game is gay as fuck by the way so you anti-yurifags should prepare to get triggered.

Some of the main mysteries presented aren't answered in a satisfactory manner (who is Lulua, what is the alchemy riddle).

Though there are also other reveals that are genuinely fucking great, and that's why I say Gust dropped the ball.

Is this meme dead yet now that an actual terrorist used it?

On the other hand, you get an ending CG where Rorona and Sterk travel together.

Try making actual arguments you drooling autist. Lulua's whole premise was
>return to Arland with Rorona's daughter!
and if you think for a second Rorona was anything like Totori or Meruru with all their yuribait then you're actually retarded or didn't play the game.

I see, I'll go in with expectations tempered then. Not that I have high expectations of the plot of an Atelier game anyway, I just played Atelier Rorona and I was completely fine with the lack of plot, in fact now that I'm playing Totori I was caught off guard by how much plot there is at the beginning by comparison.

Rorona is too retarded to have a proper romance with anyone.

>most of the game was great
>but the ending was disappointing so Gust dropped the ball with the entire game
Explain.

Only Shallie was bad.

Rorona is apparently 34 in this game.

You only knew it through an NPC who said that it had been 20 years since Atelier Rorona was established.

Honestly this is the only explanation that works for me, Rorona and Sterk are too retarded and neither of them will take the lead in a romance.

Totori and Ayesha are peak Atelier story, nothing else compares at all.

Lulua suspected Sterk has a crush on Rorona though and she seems to be supportive of it, thanks to him asking whether she's really her biological daughter or not.

Honestly, the whole scene just reminds me of a similar scene from Elie with the tsundere guy crushing on Marie.

And the stories still weren't that great. This is not a plot-heavy series.

>thanks to him asking whether she's really her biological daughter or not.
Sterk didn't even know if Rorona had been fucking some guy off on the side?

Attached: 1551752621935.jpg (1146x1154, 216K)

The entire game you have this foreshadowing that the Alchemy Riddle is bad in some way.

But then it turns out it's entirely good.

Not to mention the time travel fuckery going on at the ending just so everyone can have their happy ending. Nothing bad can happen in Atelier. Ever.

And I thought there would be a villain showing up at the end though that might just me misreading things.

First, they're robots, I don't remember if they ever came with that function
Second, their story is over and we don't have a sequel that takes place after a short time skip for that to happen if they decided to do so, but my point is that these two are under different circumstances

Also, Totori and Meruru didn't really contribute in the main plot at all, which was a giant plot hole if you think about it.

The real main characters of the story are Lulua, Stia, and Maana

At least Lulua doesn't suffer the Shallie fate of being side characters in their own game.

So what about gameplay?
From youtube videos and few english reviews it feels like alchemy is a downgrade of literally every Atelier system. They removed mysterious tetris puzzle, dusk elemental components is trivialized because of boost items, and arland's cost is so generous it probably won't matter until you get to super late game.

And I don't think they ever mentioned where Astrid disappeared off to, though maybe I just missed the event.

Is the combat like Lydie/Suelle? Because that was fucking rad. Probably one of the best turn based jrpg combat in a game.

I dunno. I only watched videos of it on Youtube.

>They removed mysterious tetris puzzle
Good.
>dusk elemental components is trivialized because of boost items
Dusk elements were always trivial.
>and arland's cost is so generous it probably won't matter until you get to super late game.
Well that's shit, I was actually excited that they brought back cost.

The series avoiding grimdark bullshit is one of its strengths IMO, since damn near every other series is rife with it. It's refreshing.

I'm getting Lulua on PC. But should I get the LE for PS4 also?

It's not anywhere near grimdark if it just ended normally. In fact, it's already a good ending.

I liked the puzzle and elements in their respective sub-series. I like how they all have their own take on alchemy. What I don't like is how Lulua doesn't use Arland alchemy when it's part of the Arland series. Its annoying.

I still don't know what Meruru's job is after she stops being a princess. It's like she's just bumming around with Keina actually doing work to benefit Arls.

Totori is obvious. She teaches alchemy and she's also employed by the Arland government.

I don't know what Rorona was doing either and why she left, not even teaching Lulua alchemy. Why adopt a daughter if you're going to abandon her like that?

>these two 30~40 year olds are still acting like goddamn teenagers
This pisses me off so much
Arland is a republic of eunuchs

I think I misunderstood your post. I didn't realize it had a good ending without that. I thought you were asking for darker stuff.

Nelke next week. Are you ready?

Attached: __nelke_von_luchetam_nelke_to_densetsu_no_renkinjutsushi_tachi_and_etc_drawn_by_noco_adamas__ad7b5f4 (680x1240, 1.09M)

Attached: usagi-drop-bunny-drop-usagi-drop-40283710-1366-768.png (1366x768, 1.71M)

I'm ready to pirate it.

Will KT finally make a non-shit port?

So wait, does that insinuate that Sterk is gonna end up fugging Lulua? Or that Rorona is going to /u/ her?

Attached: usagi drop.jpg (1024x576, 45K)

Getting the LE on PS4. Hopefully it arrives on time.

>these two also never fuck, she marries someone else and his adopted daughter goes full Elektra and he just goes "oh okay sure" with zero development on that part
I am still mad

>removed tetris
>Good
Opinion of a total faggot. It was a successful attempt to make early game alchemy fun.
For example in Rorona in the first 1/3 of the game alchemy is streamlined to a simple procedure: 1) sort by quality 2) filter traits you need 3) press X until items is created.

>fun

Haha, no. It just adds unnecessary steps to the whole thing. Not to mention you never knowing how much you can optimize your synths.

Tetris was a successful attempt at making alchemy look interesting while being devoid of any meaningful complexity. Your description of Rorona's alchemy shows that you made no attempt at all to actually engage with the system and get ahead early, which is likely why Mysterious' alchemy appeals to you.

I love how they explained the Galaxens but they still haven't answered the whole "alien" thing Astrid theorized, as well as the identity of the Traveler.

Maana should fucking know but she's not saying anything about it, just that the machine civilization collapsed because the machines went berserk. So did that civilization come from a different planet before they collapsed in Arland?

And Stia said how alchemy in her times weren't as advanced. But I thought alchemy and machine technology came hand in hand. The Traveler taught both after all.

>putting Quality traits on as much as shit as you could so that you can get more friendship points by fulfilling requests

Feels good man.

I miss seeking out utmost efficiency like that.

Nelke has a time limit but it looks cheap as fuck. And I heard the character interactions aren't that great either.

Speaking of time limits, Lulua could've had a time limit. Similar to Shallie, there's a grave consequence if you don't make it in time.

And they never explained how Evil Face ended up being Maana's servant[/spoiiler].

Lots of unexplained shit in this game.

>your description of Rorona's alchemy shows that you made no attempt at all to actually engage with the system
There is no other way to engage with the system in the early gamea. You can't do anything if you don't have materials with enough quality. You can't do anything if you don't have required traits. And until you start getting advanced cost+ traits cost manipulation is non-existent. You need to play at least 10 hours until alchemy system gets its depth in Rorona.
In mysterious games you can play with tetris to get better results from the very beginning.

>but it looks cheap as fuck
You just described every single Atelier game.

You can combine traits in Rorona to get new traits early on, you just don't have access to endgame traits. Quality is by far the least important aspect of Rorona's alchemy.
In Mysterious games you can play with Tetris to achieve fuck all except increasing quality which remains as unimportant as ever, especially in Firis where they rendered the tetris almost entirely pointless with no cauldrons, catalysts with pathetic bonuses, and everything of any actual importance being tied to alchemy and item levels.

Cheaper than your usual Atelier game then.

I played Sophie on Very Hard and I ran from every random encounter until I could get some actually good traits like halfway through the game.

Tetris alchemy is still limited. You can't be godlike right away either.

are atelier games much better than nep games?

Attached: 1410301603310.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Significantly, yes. Even the worst Atelier game is still leagues better than the best Neptunia game.

Here's the catch :
Neptunia games keep getting better
Atelier games are not.
I hate both by the way.

Wrong, Nep VIIR is actually a good game and I'd take it over the Mysterious trilogy any day. Honestly the Mysterious games pissed me off more than anything because it had some good ideas but shitty execution and the story didn't pull me in at all.

>Nep VIIR is actually a good game
That's what people said about V-II, and the Rebirths, and V, and mk2.

I meant to say VII/VIIR, as in both are good. I'm still split on which battle system is better and the VR scenes are pretty superfluous.

She is cute.

She’s a stray dog who got taken in by an autistic girl who’s still mentally 14.

>Gust dropped the ball with this.
What the fuck did you expect from Nu Gust?

>14
You mean 5.

Credits where? I want to know who the key staff are.

So whats the final consensus?
Worse than Rorona but at least better than Totori right? (not like thats an accomplishment)

Oh, it's the anti-Totori autist again. Fuck off with your shitposting.

It's not me, but whatever rings your bell i guess

Totori didn't age well. I've tried to replay it when it was released on steam and it was a shitty experience. In the end it is the oldest PS3+ atelier game (Rorona+ remake was released after Ayesha).
It's clunky as fuck and lacks so many quality of life improvements from later games. It should get Totori++ remake.

And here we go again.

No wonder the Atelier general died off.

>Soundtrack still isn't up on Nyaa
What gives?

Sometimes we get comfy chat. It's just not right now. But I believe in friday Yea Forums.

Super shocked, like oh my gosh.

Attached: D2B9OppU0AEoNIy.jpg orig.jpg (829x1018, 176K)

Rorona was great, but I can't finish Totori, it's too much of a boring slog.

Should I play Meruru or start the Dusk trilogy?

Take a break.
Playing multiple atelier games in a row is the main reason people think that every next game is worse than previous. There are way to many elements copied from one game into another and eventually you just get bored from seeing and doing the same things for hundred of hours.
Try waiting at least 3 months before starting Meruru.

>tfw haven't got to Lydie/Suelle yet because Firis is so long
And I was thinking Sophie was long. Firis is even longer with all the things to do.

No one is buying it.

Lies. I fucking marathoned Arland and Dusk and I only thought the games got worse from EL.

>and I only thought the games got worse from EL.
That's because they did.

>implying getting 999 quality didn't make you much stronger

It doesn't really. Not as much as actually getting good effects and traits.

But E&L was literally better than Ayesha. Unless by "from EL" you mean "starting after EL".

Also, they used the final boss in Lulua twice, only giving it a buff from the second fight.

I'm sorry for your shit taste.

E&L was a massive step down from Ayesha in everything except the combat system.

Taste has nothing to do with it. It's an objective fact.

>in everything except the combat system
That implies characters were worse which is completely wrong. Escha and Logy are the cutest pair ever and they had the best synergy and interactions.

>That implies characters were worse which is completely wrong.
It's completely right though. The characters in E&L were absolute jokes who were all shallow as fuck and with no development or depth beyond a single character trait.
>Escha and Logy are the cutest pair ever and they had the best synergy and interactions.
Logy was a cool guy, Escha had less personality than a brick.

Logy is a fucking brick as well.

Every character in every Aterlier game is a brick.

>his favorite character is being shat upon
>shits on every other character to deflect the issue

lel

>Nelke has a story DLC

Nelke has a story?

I just used the exactly same argument. How fucking retarded can you be?

It's right in the description. I know it may not seem like that big of a focus, but it's still there. A Grand Mysterious Tree.

Shallie had a time limit?

So who else from the original trilogy shows up or gets namedrop?

I mean Shallie could've had a time limit with the plot they had.