Pokemon games are some of the best JRPGs ever made

Pokemon games are some of the best JRPGs ever made

Attached: 093C2C51-4AEF-4C78-B40F-C20D7C6BC59C.jpg (1080x600, 187K)

/s

they barely qualify as JRPG's. If you look at them compared to the rest, you'll see they're literal garbage.

Nome of the games are above a 6 or 6.5/10, objectively.

pic unrelated

Attached: so then, little pokemon fella.jpg (2048x934, 180K)

Maybe in the 90s

Here here brother!

JRPG's are pretty terrible so i can see how pokemon is the best one considering its the only one the west likes

upersized pokegirls/

>playing pokeman games past the age of 12
these games are literally designed for 8 year olds, play an RPG with some actual difficulty

Attached: 1364770711564.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Name one JRPG with a better competitive scene than Pokemon.

BW feels like it's channeling 16-bit JRPGs which is pretty neat. It's not just the increased emphasis on story, it's something about the tone and music as well

meant for

name a JRPG with competitive scene outside of pokemon

I'll take the bait just for shits and giggles and because it's Friday. My two main problems with this series is that the NPC dialogue is really boring (i.e. "I love Pokemon so much!") and that the game doesn't use its mechanics to its full potential, which leads to easy battles where you don't really need to think. Playing against other people is pretty fun, but I don't have the time nor patience to breed anymore, so if I ever go back playing these games, I'll just inject.

Attached: 73629376857.jpg (1437x908, 254K)

I've realized the stagnation and simplicity of these games especially with ORAS and Ultra Sun and Moon, but I've been chained to these games since childhood and I can't break myself out of this cycle of anticipation and disappointment

Attached: 1551062059848.jpg (1200x800, 54K)

I want to marry Shield-chan

Attached: b1abb2d063e252af0b0a4cec06103642.jpg (1200x1600, 236K)

SMT literally does pokemon better

No good games since B2W2

>every other JRPG has multiple party members in the fight by default - even Dragon Quest, the most old-school series
>in Pokemon it's been 1v1 as the default for years with no changes

No it doesn’t you retard

Breedcucks are going to be so fucked come SwSh
>transfer pokemon from bank to SwSh
>no save data backup allowed
>lose switch

lmao keep seething gamefreak cuck

>no save data backup allowed
Checkpoint has already been ported to the Switch. PKHeX has been updated for LGEP, so give it a few weeks after its release and it will suport SS.

Attached: 376843632876.png (538x538, 124K)

Are you retarded? Pokémon has done multiple battle formats since Gen 3. In fact, double battles are the standard in the officially sanctioned tournaments by The Pokémon Company. Single battles are literally just for the story. Dumb bitch.

>default
You had to make sure you threw that in just so people wouldn’t immediately call your ass retarded but I still am going to.

I unironically agree.

'Pokemon' seems to be a similar label to mainstream Nintendo, in that people immediately associate it with children. But the gameplay itself is not bad. If you took the gameplay, but replaced all the visuals with something like world politicians, it'd immediately become a mature game.

Just look at the Noah's Ark mod of Doom. A violent gorey videogame immediately turns into an empowering Christian game.

Attached: 54200.jpg (766x771, 280K)

only the first gen