It's too hard

It's too hard

Attached: Sekiro_art.jpg (280x350, 43K)

I got pleb filtered by one of the first bosses, feels bad man. I beat the souls games no problem.

Hey I accidentally hit that guy in the pot who wants carp scales and now he won't talk to me. Am I fucked out of his services for good?

i'm hard right now

Yes, but don't try telling Yea Forums tryhards this or they will have a stroke

Nvm just rest at an idol and he'll stop being a bitch.

Imagine being this gay

You're not allowed to dislike hard games. A game's difficulty is directly proportional to its quality. The only possible reason to dislike a hard game is because tou can't beat it. Git gud, pussy.

It's easier than Hollow Knight

No it isn't, it's not a cakewalk but you can figure out good tactics to beat all enemies and get consistent at it or use stealth to cheese out encounters. It's good to have a game that actually mixes things up and requires you to learn its mechanics to win instead of copying the same old shitty stale time dodges & r1 spam to win Souls formula.

>Have beaten IWBTG
>Have beaten NGB and NG2 on MN
>Got gatekeeped for 2 hours by the ogre nigger and his teleporting grab bullshit

Attached: 4b6.jpg (400x343, 8K)

the combat in this game is really fucking tedious

When does the curse start or does it exist already cause I've died a few times already and I don't want to fuck myself up already. also any tips on how to parry? I know how to do it but i don't have the reflexes to do them as much as I want to and get fucked in the ass.

Just beat the lad at the top of the tower, feels good not being pleb filtered

Attached: 1552262367327.jpg (386x401, 27K)

You sicken me

i'm actually getting butt fucked by one of the first difficult guys. never played a game like this before. i won't make it.

what are the pink circles above my life bar?

How far am I? I’m fighting genichiro at the top of Ashina castle.

I've been beating the bosses by running around like a little shit. I just beat a bull on fire by running behind them and taking one swipe at a time.

>Literally cannot progress because I do not have snapseeds for the monk
>Cannot buy snapseeds anywhere.

Fuck the drunkard, and before that fuck the shinobi hunter.

Oh baby

Attached: 1536696407272.jpg (543x650, 119K)

i beat him after a few tries, if you listened to the evesdrop you'll learn that getting flame vent from the estate really helps out since it staggers him for ages.

But i definitely agree that his grab hitbox is wayyyy off

souls games are easy and theyre still shit only one that was kind of fun was bloodborne

Shitty shitty souls game.

I feel like I forgot to pick up some mechanic, game is just about dodging, deflecting and attacking right? Theres not some mechanic that will save my scrubby ass

>fighting some spear miniboss
>fucker does an unblockable attack with a retarded amount of tracking
actual artificial difficulty

I'm hard Yea Forums

theres literally an ability you can learn that lets you charge into attacks like that to parry them

I thought IGN said this was easy and they're braindead retards.
Imagine sucking more than a braindead retard.
LMAOing @ Your Life

Attached: 1508859546191.png (450x472, 189K)

It unironically is.
>get hit once
>die immediately
That's not fun.

Guys, we supposed to have fun.

seriously are snap seeds just insanely rare or something?

Which boss?

The game won't let you.

Don't get hit then lmao
Git gud

anyone who says this game is easier than dark souls is out of their fucking minds

Protip: that's not a boss

Attached: 1403891996242.png (1000x800, 541K)

reminder to dump all your loose yen into spirit emblems instead of going balls deep into a boss fight and losing 1000 of them. save coin purses for vendors

most of the bosses are defeated with 1 gimmick

By killing them?

no like theres an optimal tool or ability for each boss that generally trivializes them

On scale Artorias-Kos?

why does the dodge in this game literally just not work

I'm fighting these huge dudes with hammers and the dodge does not function. their hammer swings hit you no matter what.

how i beat the spear miniboss nigger help

inb4 it's useless

Hit tracking has never been this much bullshit before in any video game

Attached: 1553253238311.jpg (1580x1776, 380K)

get the mist raven prosthetic tool from the estate you'll love it.

Can you jump over that grab?

I'm 1 hour into the game

Beyond kos. Don’t buy this game if you sweat like a mother fucker like me. I’m over here destroying t shirts. My palms are like hydromans nigger.

>Mikiri Counter
>Circle the moment an enemy thrust attacks to counter them
this pretty much breaks that boss and kills him instantly. also you can sneak up on him to take off one bar of hp at the start

Yes and it works better

it's pretty early on, it's just hidden so keep an eye out for it

um honey just throw a firecracker or flame vent him

Have you played it?

This game is legit harder than Ninja Gaiden Black, which most of Yea Forums probably can't beat either.

i have no idea where to go. i played like an hour or so. i played until i talked to some senile women in a dilapitated home that gave me a bell which i offered to buddha.
then i got apparently teleproted into the future or the past im not even sure. fought my way across that burning village until i got to a bridge and decided to go off track into the river until i found a place where i could grapple up. killed some dudes and then walljumped like a ninja into a burning estate. skipped the guys there until i talked to some ninja who charges head first into a group of guys that are being backed up by fat jackie chan who spits poison clouds and hands me my ass repeatedly because i cant deal with him and the ninjas carrying shields.
am i even supposed to be here. fuck i feel like playing dark souls for the first time again. where am i supposed to go.

Attached: 1523299986471.jpg (500x3714, 342K)

I cannot beat this miniboss without snap seeds but you cannot buy snap seeds anywhere. I just had to restart a 16 hour savefile because I'm softlocked. Fuck you From, fuck you.

That's what she said.

Attached: pepe gengiva.jpg (499x499, 107K)

>getting rocked by the flaming bull
>get pissed and start running around in circles
>wtf this is working
>start running circles around the bull, slapping his ass till he's dead
ez gaem
also what's the point of the offering box? I've killed like three actual bosses and nothing has appeared there

Where do I get more snap seeds? I used up my only one on my first run on butterfly. Since I had none I went and got further in ashita castle and just beat the bull. Also how do you get to that pagoda the guy talks about in hirata estates

Attached: artificial difficulty scale.png (965x209, 4K)

Yeah can’t beat the first mini boss but I won’t give up on this game it’s too cool

before you even encounter the shield guys you're able to find the axe prosthetic in the estate which you use to split their shields. maybe take your time exploring and dont unga bunga stuff? anyway the estate boss is pretty hard but you should get the tools there and carry on in the first area

I would If i had an xbone

yep same happened to me. do NOT waste your snap seeds boys

take a swim

Fucking forsen the literal pepega of twitch streamers has gotten near the end of the game.

If HE can do it, any of you Yea Forums cunts can.

Attached: life.jpg (1032x581, 88K)

I'm stuck on that dude cause of that one fucking samurai bitch right above that keeps coming in the middle of our fight. I love From games but I'm so bad at them

Attached: 1543886393553.jpg (314x400, 14K)

It's not. Nioh is harder and has much depper and better combat systen. Sekiro is like Nioh: Casual Edition.

I just sold a bunch to buy something, now I'm shitting myself. You guys did find the stack of 5 or 10 where the snake was, right?

I'm having way more trouble with Sekiro than I did with Nioh.

Attached: 34db86dc703c261346354a6ea64338c1.png (1700x222, 8K)

If this graph is true that would make Sekiro the hardest game ever.

The only places I have found I can swim are dead ends or where you get up to the drunkard area. The place by the pot guy has a waterfall I can’t climb. Am I just retarded?

i found an axe prosthetic thingy but i couldnt hand it to the sculptor.

I think Nioh combat shits all over Sekiro, but it's definitely easier. Especially considering how easy it is to break with builds.

That being said the verticallity in this game is awesome, but that's about all that has me interested so far. It still feels so much like Dark Souls and I'm just fucking tired of Dark Souls.

It's literally a case of people not knowing animations. You can kill the basic enemy in literally 2 seconds by slashing (if he parries or blocks, you wait and parry his counter) then deathblow. It works 100% of the time.

huh nothing should bar you off from handing him prosthetics, if it was some event maybe reload the area

yeah

I don't get paid to sit in front of a computer screen for 14 hours a day.

I CANNOT BEAT THESE FUCKING HAMMER FUCKERS

AM I NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FIGHTING THEM YET

how do you beat the corrupted monk phantom? anyone?

Stealth kill them

divine confetti

and if they aggro before I can?

The hardest part of the gmae is getting my ds4 to work on my pirate copy of the game

Use fire

run away and hide? you're not confined to a small space literally ever in this game

At genichiro

how far into the game am I?

Hide until they de agro. If you mean the 2 hammer cunts right after the horse boss it’s easy to get one then hide to get the other.

where do i buy it

they have large openings after a sperg out

3/4

Divine Confetti doesn't work at all.

disconnect mouse, remove any mouse controls on the controller, and it'll work, enjoy but you won't cause the game is shit

>he wasted his confetti

Attached: 32f.jpg (251x242, 10K)

I wonder why so many people are complaining about this game's difficulty. I thought the Souls community LOVED difficult games.

Attached: That really makes me use my head and think.png (400x400, 91K)

how serious are you being right now?

~1/3rd. depends on the ending you choose though how long the game is going to be.

confetti doesn't even work?

>Ogre that has two command grabs with the same telegraph but different timings

I feel like I lucked out of this encounter, that was some real shit.

Attached: oran.jpg (600x600, 42K)

100%
its pathetically short

He's trolling

turns out the souls community actually loves good story, great worldbuilding, interesting characters, co-op, pvp, variety of playstyles, and replay value more than difficulty

Divine Confetti increases damage, Snap Seed stuns her
if you run out of confetti, good luck because this game is retarded and nobody has found a merchant for them yet

I'm still mentally playing with the mindset of a stamina system even though there isn't one

it's fucking me up

meant for

>it took him this long to realize that all the I BEAT ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH SOLO NO SUMMONS ON MY FIRST TRY IN 2 MINUTES GIT GUD FAGGOT HAHAHA posters were lying to make themselves feel cool and interesting over an anonymous image board

are you guys actually struggling with minibosses or are you trolling i cant tell?

I would rather play nioh

>Filtered on Juuzo
I beat him now but is every encounter meant to be a hit and run or do I just suck

I hate how slow and defensive the game is. I also hate being able to just grapple out of danger. One of the first mini bosses has a bonfire in the same arena and i think that's just outrageously bad design.

I feel like i'm spending all my time waiting to deflect or do the standard roll then hit strategy and its killing my enjoyment of the game.

I reached the boss on a horse and now I find out I missed out on the flame prosthetic entirely
Thought I explored pretty thoroughly but managed to miss that entirely

posture is in effect its own little stamina system. if you fail too many deflects sekiro will be open to attacks. several bosses have meat moves if sekiro is posture broken that will pretty much kill you. always keep watch on your posture meter.

I love this game so much. But I'm already stuck fighting this asshole with the spear. I've had no problems up until this point. I'm not sure how to fight him properly

I want to summon my gank squad desu I'm legitimately stuck on lady butterfly pt2 for 24 hours now. I hate being a pleb

>turns out the souls community actually loves good story, great worldbuilding, interesting characters... pvp, variety of playstyles
Then why are they playing Dark Souls?

How long is the game if i'm exploring autist?

I haven't had one of those that weren't useless yet.

Attached: 1523201875741.jpg (875x700, 62K)

where do you buy snap seeds? you can farm confetti with a very low drop rate from the "maiden" enemies in ashina castle (before genichiro)

Its 100% authentic struggles my boy. I suck at this game but I somehow find myself at genichiro. I got the 3rd phase with a sliver of health left and died.

nope thats the gameplay since dodging is shit
just hit and run everyone and the game is easy except one guy

>all these casuals who think doing dlc of dark souls 3 solo will ever be topped as harder.

for me personally, i'd say i explored the game to an extent of around 60-70% in terms of seeking out difficult minibosses ore every item. i'm at 20 hours.

estate? I haven't come across that.

I got mad at guy dealing 80% of my bar and my miriki counters failing often even though im spamming dodge, the move is so trash, pretty sure if i dont loaded spear him he just takes no fucking poise dmg. It's a miniboss but im pretty sure theres easier bosses around to kill first and power up its on an area where theres 4 bosses I can go to right now

Dark souls players like that the game feels like a fair challenge and dosen't baby sit you

Sekiro does baby sit you, but is a huge frustrating mess

how do i kill the spider boss? it literally just jumps on me or spawns millions of spiders to rape me

i would just bait him by fighting the guards at the bottom of the stairs

if you don't have mikiri counter yet you should be grinding for it ASAP, it basically lets you one-shot every spear enemy in the game

It's insanely stupid they created bosses that demand gimmick items to be used but then those gimmick items are super finite so if you run out the boss suddenly becomes 10 times harder.

Glad I learned early then because the game becomes 3 times easier once you realise you can just deathblow a lifebar for free

Why is this game so hard? The soulsborne where easy for me and this just feels like it pushes me too much. Honestly, I think I'm starting to hate this game

Never mind I killed him

Why does everything take so fucking long to kill? I “kill” lady butterfly after slowly chipping away with shit ass roll attacks and of course there’s another phase.

I played Nioh the concept of breaking posture/ki is natural to me but this shit takes forever

Is the PC port good?

reminds me of nioh in that regard

yup people who say the game is hard and to "git gud" don't realize they're actually worse than the IGN writer and don't realize its barely a souls game
locking on and reacting to attacks is not how you play this game, better to just use your mobility to overwhelm opponents

Fuck, I'm glad im not the only one cucked by ogre. Fucker held me there for 2hours with this teleporting bullshit grabs. I ended up killing him by slowly, methodically hitting 2 times, dodging, hitting 2 times, dodging and spamming fire.

I figured out the best pattern, one, two jump back. Works 80% of the time as long as you don't jump backwards off a cliff and suicide. Regular dodge doesn't work sometimes, but a jump back gets you clearer quicker.
I was dying a lot because I was getting greedy. In Dark Sousl its easier to stagger an enemy. This game plays closer to Bloodborne in playstyle but also more like a sort of ninja-gaiden meets onimusha meets Tenchu style.
I'm on the horseman guy, though I have snuck past some general dudes to get here. I only have the shuriken weapon so far. I know I've missed something fire related since people ingame were talking about it, guess I need to go back and explore the area more.

Out of everything in the game so far, I get stuck on fucking Snake Eyes Shirahagi. Why is this bitch so hard

Stop being a loser and dragging everything down to your level. Games in general are embarrassingly easy.

It's way worse here.

You're not hit her fast enough, i can go past her phase 1 under 2 minutes if you can counter perfectly.

It works fine but it's capped at 60fps and no wide-screen support.

the fucking movement speed of some enemies when you try to pull them is way too slow
and, yeah, with how weak the MC is, the game forces you to wait to parry or chip faggots for 10 mins

There's an early ability which lets you parry spears by pressing B.

Okay nigger go win EVO then 1cc every touhou on Lunatic

Friendly reminder that IGN's reviewer beat the game and said it was easier than the Souls games. How does it feel to be worse than one of the journalists you people hate?

if you're talking about the horse nigger i just managed to beat him with nothing but parries because i forgot to restock on spirit emblems before fighting him

This is corrupted monk phantom fight after the village area is fucking retarded. I don't get what you're supposed to do.

the ign reviewer likely got the easiest ending to obtain.

I honestly didn't think she was that hard, her attacks have a fairly forgiving rhythm and you can stun her with shuriken when she leaps into the air. Kicking her in the face after her sweep does massive pose damage and if you are out of snapping seeds like I assume you are at this point keep attacking constantly to prevent her from summoning in the 2nd phase

I actually just got it after I killed him. I wish I noticed it before I died to the guy a few times.

Alright you Yea Forumsuckers should I buy the game, wait for sale, or pirate?

Attached: thumb.jpg (250x355, 39K)

what boss are you talking about? im a decent way in and I can't remember any boss that required finite gimmick items.

seeds helped on Lady Butterfly but it's completely optional and the actual impact they have is fairly negligible. they just make it a bit quicker

No, you just do it for free ;^)

Losing a fight isn't failure, giving up is.

Now quit your bitching and go make a few more runs at that boss brickwalling you.

Attached: 1539170370702.jpg (1050x1350, 200K)

I've beaten Souls and BB with pure melee characters and no summons without dying more than twice to a boss but i struggle even with the regular foes in this game.

From what I feel Sekiro becomes easy once you really learn how to deflect. Before that it's anal rape through and through, the wonky hitboxes and huge damage the enemies do don't help. And then you start getting fucked in the ass by dragonrot too.

Just wait until they patch the bullshit difficulty.

4/10 desu
Glad I pirated.
Gonna quit this one half way like I quit DS2 after I finished fire castle.

The corrupted monk "phantom" miniboss. The purple one you cannot posture break but you can stun her with snap seeds.

pirate so maybe lower sales will make From do something new.

I've beat horse guy, butterfly lady, and genichiro

am I allowed to hate this game yet?

Dark Souls was too easy. Bloodborne was just right. Sekiro is just frustrating.

Yes, well done, however...
>dragonrot

>Losing a fight isn't failure
But it is because of the dragonrot. You only have finite number of droplets and then it's gg

Is this game actually bad or are retarded soulsfags just having problems with having to do something other than dodge > hit over and over.

i beat the horse guy and butterfly lady and have no idea where to go... can anyone help?

I think it's their mindset and lack of muscle memory
the game even tells you that a sweep is coming up but jumping to avoid that sweep still doesn't exist to me

Nioh had fights where you need gimmick items? I didn't notice and I've finished everything except the final DLC

>complains about a SINGLE PLAYER GAME so hard that it gets nerfed

What a fucking pussy ass baby bitch. Kill yourself, I bet you work at McDonalds because you dont have the resolve to do anything difficult

I'm trying pretty hard but it's genuinely really difficult. I hate bringing up ecelebs but if Lobos takes 2 hours to beat a boss without restricting himself whatsoever what are other people gonna do? I've yet to see someone not get buttfucked over and over.

The problem with deflecting is the lack of consistency, in any other game it generally works like parry->get attack in
Meanwhile Sekiro:
>you deflected?
>hold these follow ups, bitch

it's 7/10, alright, just with a lot of bullshit mechanics that are the opposite of fun

So what does spiriting away the downs monk do? Loving the game so far btw, but now Im kinda confused on where the path to progression is.

It feels like blocking in a fighting game to me, weirdly enough? You're defending against a blockstring and sometimes they mix you up with a perilious attack.

>It's too hard

Attached: 1550210282594.jpg (750x1000, 162K)

magic is a gimmick in nioh

They love Dark Souls, not difficult games. Playing souls games for nearly a decade now made me so familiar that every new challenge is a side-difficulty, not above anything I know about the game. In Sekiro you have to learn right from the start again, get accustomed to all the shit, all the animations, and it's frustrating because doing the same for Dark Souls back in the day was much easier, even if it seemed hard.

tl;dr Re-learning everything when the game starts with Artorias-levels of difficulty and beyond is frustrating at first. Feels like playing Furi all over again.

WHY CAN KATANA MAN HIT ME THROUGH A WALL

Attached: Handholding+reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee+_55c1ab4e4deb9f3371558e3c52e9b8bf.jpg (325x325, 19K)

How do I get treasure carp scales? The two fishes in the river won't respawn anymore.

Attached: 1540643642886.jpg (905x881, 266K)

>Genchiro is not a boss
OK user.

Mixed feelings about this game. The exploration, level design (verticality especially) are very good, stealth is ok, push-to-kill tier and easily abused but I've never played a game where it's not the case so it's ok too.
But the combat system and progression system (rpg/customization elements) seem to simplified to me compared to ds/bb/nioh.
Although i suppose a more complex rpg and combat system wouldn't have worked with stealth too well.

And you can instantly see fromsoft everywhere in this game, from menus to item descriptions and dialogues.

ign says the game is easy. the game is easy.

Is there any decent online component, or is it better to just pirate it?

PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS ON THIS CORRUPTED MONK "MINIBOSS" NOT THE REAL ONE THE PURPLE FUCKER

the game's not that bad it's just fucking repetitive, instead of
>dodge
>hit
>dodge
it's
>parry
>hit
>parry
over and over, also ocassionally having to jump because unblockables are a thing now and they're a pain in the dick to deal with

the souls games were never that hard.. they are slow and methodical and require patience and knowledge of the enemies' moves.

*cracks*
ninja gaiden black
*sips*
now that was a hard game

Is that boss on top on Ashina towet the final boss? I managed to kill him once but he went full one winged angel on me.
Kinda feel like boss you get early but need to finish the rest of game to kill.

I have played NGB a LOT and this is on the same difficulty level as that game on MN mode.

Wait, what? I can run out of ressurection options?

I think you have to wait for them to surface

there's no online whatsoever so just pirate

That hardest part about this game is adjusting to playing it like a stealth-ish game and not a Dark Souls game. Once you get past that that game isn't even that bad

He's probably that one guy in the office who plays all the Souls series games though. Probably lived off Bloodborne. Hell he was the one that reviewed that game too. (He doesn't seem to review often either)
And hyper light drifter looking at his records.

i quit after like 2 hours
wasn't having any fun and can't get into the playstyle of 1-hit-deaths and a million hits for one enemy

its up there with ninja gayden and nioh yes

This item is finite. Merchants stock it once and then that's it

Attached: dragons_blood_droplet.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Started playing yesterday, god to poison fat fuck, got stomped a couple of times and left. Got chained ogre down no problems and the general in the courtyard destroyed me a few times, at which point I left for the day. It definitely is a struggle but I'm getting better. Gonna try more tomorrow.

>also ocassionally having to jump because unblockables are a thing now and they're a pain in the dick to deal with
Nothing like an enemy grab attack that chews through your entire health bar and the grab itself has insane tracking. Fuck this game, man. I'm returning it to the store tomorrow.

>Is that boss on top on Ashina towet the final boss?
Nope.

Who did Lobos spend 2 hours on?

>ring giant bell
>you've contracted the bell demon, game is harder now
>game was hard for me to begin with

Attached: blood clot.jpg (300x360, 87K)

I haven't watched single trailer so I wouldn't get spoiled and fuck, I didn't know it was a stealth game. This makes it even better.

Where the fuck in Senpou is the Mortal Blade? I feel like I'm missing an area since I've hit a dead end after opening the Demon Bell shortcut.

literally the most useless dodge I have ever seen in an action game

thanks friend

Skidrow has a pirate if you still want to play while getting your money back for a shit game

Furi is intuitive though, for example a consistent tell for parry timings

How far did he play the game though? It's quite easy up until Gyoubu, then it starts ramping up quite fast.

not him but he spend about an hour on owl. no idea what boss he spend 2 hours on i think that' bs

How can I stop being broke and get money. All the good shit needs thousands of Nip gold and basic bitch enemies only give a couple dozen even with the cum balloon buff.

That's alright, I can find something better to play. I'll probably just resume my Dungeon Keeper replay.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PURPLE CORRUPTED MONK FIGHT. NOT THE ONE FROM THE E3 TRAILERS. I'M BEGGING YOU

It's too easy

I do enjoy sekiro but at the same time I'd like fromsoft to do more darksoulsy stuff, innovate on the series.
Hope they have another "souls"-like game in the works.

I haven't got it yet. So it reverses the cough, but what then? If I keep using the ressurection people get sick again? I'm at the horseman boss atm.

I found it to be just boring

This Dark Souls gameplay got old way too fast

There's no help coming, friend.

>fast-paced action game
>somehow feels more tedious and boring than the slow sword-and-board game prior to it
how

I wish I could play this game right now, but I don't have a modern console or PC. Feels bad man.

If you die a true death enough times people get sick.

A true death is one that sends you back to the shrine, so not one you can resurrect one.

Essentially if you die without resurrecting that's a true death.

It's just kinda repetitive and basic. The stealth aspect is pretty mediocre as well. It's disappointing so far, but maybe things will get bettee

Attached: 1551904940833.jpg (1024x1024, 108K)

i farmed enemies in the area right before drunkard and i managed to get 5 skill points and 2,000 gold by the end of 30 minutes so thats worth trying

If you keep resurrecting the NPCs will get sick and eventually die permanently. Try not to die too often, user!!

>If I keep using the ressurection people get sick again?
Not resing. Dying. Every time you die there's a chance of an NPC getting dragonrot. Always ressurect and run back to the not-bonfire ASAP to restock on res.

You will serve me forever, right?

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 314K)

>add in stealth elements
>still fog wall off mini-boss and boss encounters

for what purpose? Either commit to stealth as an option or don't include it at all. Reminds me of Deus Ex Human Revolution

He finished the game, 50 hours.
They always give the review to a fan of the series/developer. Its never as hard as your first time. O&S is a joke now but never touching DeS its a buttfuck for a massive amount of players

i put down my sign bro just summon me i'll help you

Because Dark Souls rewards tactics over twitch reflex and has build variety and more fantastical locations.

It's not that good desu. Somehow feels like a mix of tenchu and asscreed with some ds sprinkled in. Except nice 3d exploration there's not much going for it.

Rape it back.

(What spider boss?)

That's what the coin pouches are for. Only use them when you're at a merchant.
Also stop dying.

Attached: 1534817699154.jpg (486x720, 79K)

I legit thought he was a girl when I first saw him in the tower. Now I like shotas. Fuck you from, making me gay

It's not from resurrecting It's from dying without resurrecting. If anything resurrecting is good.

>game gives you rot if you die, regardless of if you use the res

this is the dumbest thing right here, I'm ok with dying over and over again but why the hell does the game have to punish me with this crap for doing so, isn't losing money/exp enough?

Attached: 1541351368130.jpg (455x288, 31K)

>Fighting Seven Spear General
>Game tells me about some gook deflect move
>Do it every time he thrusts
>He just pushes me away
>Doesn't damage his poise
So I don't get it, why include that deflect?

>make combat about guarding and parrying
>enemies will just combo through your perfect guards
From had no idea what they wanted this game to be about.

i hate how the game just straight up kills npcs if you don't do well enough

I dont get it?

I didnt revive yet in game. Doing the lady butterfly boss and i died, than i get sent back to sculptor and he has dragonrot? Wtf. I thought they only get it if you revive ?

So why the fuck wouldnt you just revive everytime? Whats the point of this mechnic in game.

Attached: FFED9011-F80F-45EE-9AD4-55B7F9D6D57B.png (614x765, 585K)

We all know that feel.

Attached: sekiro.jpg (1532x1324, 1.45M)

Yeah, I feel like in Sekiro it's a bit all over the place. Getting used to animations is just hell, sometimes I'm waiting for a follow-up and it never comes, the moment I start attacking they hit me so fast I don't deflect despite technically pressing the button in time. And the spear counter is so inconsistent for me at the moment I'd rather just jump away than risk it.

Why was the Droplet scene so fucking lewd?

It's not pacifist stealth you idiot. It's the kind of stealth you use to take out a couple of enemies before aggroing the rest

Ninja gaiden gives you more tools and some very solid bread and butter and escape moves. The difficulty comes with dealing with the aggression of bosses, limited resources, and constant flow of mobs.
Sekiro borrows from that, it it also borrows some of the verticality and stealth from Tenchu (albeit in a lighter form), and some swordplay elements from Onimusha (which outside of the special weapon moves is a very cautious and slow style of fighting where you need to kite and look for opportunities and make them by blocking and countering)
Point I'm specifically making to clarify is that Ninja Gaiden's difficulty comes from the constant barrage of mobs and long stretches between save points with little way of avoiding conflict.
Sekiro you can die in a few hits, and its constantly baiting you with strong enemies, but to get anywhere quick you need to avoid them till you are ready to deal with them. You can often enough find a side path to sneak your way forward or to a good vantage point.

it's a mystery

how can people possibly say that this game is easier than souls

how

because if you play for too long you'll realize how broken the enemies are

>game expects you to never die at bosses ever, you are suppose to automatically know their moveset, and if you fucking dont they are going to kill all your npcs

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL THIS MONK WHORE WHEN YOU CANNOT FUCKING POSTURE BREAK HER. WHY MAKE A BOSS THAT'S IMMUNE TO THE FUCKING MECHANIC IN YOUR GAME. I DON'T FUCKING GETTING IT IS SHE MEANT TO BE IMPOSSIBLE

You're supposed to just guard through attack strings like in fightan. That's why the just guard window is so fucking massive

They only played through the opening tutorial area.

by being better at video games thank you
the bosses are mega man bosses btw they're all free with the right item

see:
idk why people think it's from reviving.

>So why the fuck wouldnt you just revive everytime? Whats the point of this mechnic in game.

There's no reason not to, you're supposed to. If you don't revive you're just fucking yourself by actually dying everytime.

ok but like, souls is easier. it objectively is.

>kill a guy
>run away
>kill another guy

Attached: 1531801978552.jpg (559x515, 66K)

maybe because you have to clack the bumpers 100s of times for each boss and if you slip up once you're done for.
it feels like that but I'll have to play more to confirm this.

how much unseen aid we got bros? i got a whopping 9%

reviving is basically there to make you worry about world tendency which is just a gimmick to make the marketing tagline "shadows die twice" relevant so activision doesn't get fucked by the FTC for false advertising

the more you think about it, the more pointless it seems

Think I'm gonna refund this desu. Played two hours and it didn't grab me at all.

i killed Ogre really fast on my first try by just approaching him like a dark souls boss and spinning in circles around him

Shiniobi hunter with the spear i find fucking impossible though

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT IN MIKIRI COUNTER IF YOU CAN'T FUCKING DO IT ON MINIBOSSES TO DAMAGE THEIR INFLATED FUCKING POISE!? FUCK THIS SHIT!

YES I'M FUCKING MAD

>DMCV
>NIOH
>hard
no. I beat both of those. and im getting assfucked by the first samurai nigger after the tutorial

I'm in the cave of the huge snake in the Sunken Valley. I managed to get up to the grapple point at the shrine she guards, but when I grapple up there she snaps at me and catapults me right back. How do I progress?

You can use it on mini-bosses though

I dunno, but I'm a walking talking plague.

Just go kick his ass bro lmao

What the fuck. So there's a punishment for dying too much in souls game? What were they thinking I'm already at fucking 4th sickness level

IT DOESN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING, YOU JUST STOMP ON THE SWORD OR FUCKING SPEAR AND THE CUNT JUST PUSHES YOU AWAY. FUCK THIS MAKES ME MAD.

no its not
a lot of bosses die in less than 30 seconds in this game
there is not a single non boss enemy that is a threat to you
the games shorter and smaller so less chance of getting lost
etc.

I remember the days when people saying they didn't like God Hand because it was too hard were mocked and ridiculed out of every single thread. Now normalfags like you are the new standard. This place makes me sick.

Use the backstab puppeteer thing on the monkey on the left-side ledge, he'll distract the snek

Okay so I've died and revived a bunch of times, so this means my game is fucked and I get a bad ending?

13 and dropping! single digits here we come
feels good when it triggers though but I'm pretty jewish about managing my shekels and xp

Practice with the guy at the temple

it fucks up their poise user
if you break their poise you insta kill them

mikiri counter is probably the most useful ability in the game besides parrying 2bh

You can use it even on bosses though some bosses use it against you

Thing is that some attacks are just pokes but when you perfect guard them and go in for a parry they suddenly do immediate follow ups to punish you. Sekiro's main flaw for me is how inconsistent the enemy combos, move tracking and attack tells are. Maybe that's the point, but it's not very fun for me. I had a far easier time parrying enemies in DMC5 on Dante Must Die because the game telegraphed enemy attacks in a much clearer and more coherent way and there was less bullshit tracking.

This fucking pissed me off too!
>Mikiri counter a General's lunge
>just stand on his sword for a bit
>no deathblow opportunity
>does absolutely NOTHING

>1st it was the ogre
>then it was shinobi hunter
>then the drunkard
>butterfly granny
>flaming faggot cow
>and now the spear fuckwad in the area where you 1st met shota master
Its one after the fucking other with this game. I wouldn't mind so much dying but at this rate literally everything will be dragorotten.

Attached: 1458518857160.png (400x401, 109K)

I call bull shit.

It's not as extreme as people are making it out to be. For one it's only for dying permanently, not from reviving, and two one soul tear or whatever instantly cures everyone afflicted in the world.

I had like 15 NPCs with lung cancer after fighting Lady Butterfly but just cured them, and I died a bunch of times fighting the samurai who cut off your arm in the start but I didn't even get anybody with dragonrot somehow, even though I easily died like 10+ times, and I still have 3 more soul tears in storage.

>stab snek in eye
>its going fucking crazy
w-what do i do guys im hiding in this hut

Attached: 354.png (600x595, 362K)

Ok but seriously, how many of you beat the corrupted monk after Mibu Village? Am I not supposed to be able to beat her because this just seems outlandishly difficult. She doesn't get posture damage and she kills you in 2 hits.

Out of all the fucking cool ideas they decided to punish you for dying. In a motherfucking From Software game where it's common to die 300+ times during a playthrough.
The ogre alone got me like 20-30 times

Oh, that guy. He always does a normal attack after you use mikiri counter on him, deflect it and he stumbles forward opening himself up to combos. It properly works on real bosses though.

Thanks. Did you figure that out on your own? I never would've been able to come up with this, very clever.

dark souls has
>a dodge roll that actually works, to the point of being OP
>an off-hand shield with up to 100% durability
>much higher health and health regeneration for the player compared to the damage dealt by enemies
>more forgiving aggro leash ranges
>easy ways to boost your weapon's damage incredibly high early in the game
>circle-around backstabs
it's easier. it's so much easier.

>get to lady butterfly
>simultaneously one of the most difficult yet entertaining bosses in any FromSoft game. I actually enjoy fighting her even if I lose.
>only 4 hours in

Kino af

Run, snek is angery

I don't understand how people haven't realized that the health bar is just for show yet. Once you get the bar full you instantly win, even on bosses, and it increases when you perfect block, when you damage them and even when they manage to block you.
If anything it's way easier than it has any right to be

I'll stop using caps for this post. No it does fuck all. I'm currently getting raped by the Seven Spear faggot precisely because the counter does sweet fuck-all to his poise. You literally just stand on his spear and he pushes you away. Zero damage to poise, zero attack, zero point.

this game is fucking sick bois

>mikiri does absolutely nothing

how do shitters like you even manage to install the game holy fuck

Disregard peasants, save the master.

we should clarify what differentiates hard from bullshit, like between furi or the second contra

this shit ain't worth $60, easiest refund of my life, see you in the summer sale boys

Run out, grab the item on the hill and run behind the hut, there are some branches where you spiderman to the next cave safe spot.

That fucking snake is kino, great idea

I believe I'm almost at the end of the game.
They get worse, really not enjoying myself but I have to keep going to prove a point.

>No it does fuck all.
don't know what you're talking about man, when I did it it did more poise break than a parry and it's ungodly useful on other bosses too. it got so good that I was just hoping the boss would go in for a thrust so I could use it

some of this strong enemies are harder than actual bosses. for example blazing bull is 10x harder than the horse dude and chained ogre is harder than based granny

You can use it on anything that uses a spear. You won't get an instakill like on mob enemies but you will do a good amount of posture damage to them

I mean you had to use it on the gnome guy flying the kite too, and in both occasions the rice lady tipped you off, that made it click for me

bosses have too much hp

currently getting my shit slapped by the group fight with the drunk fat fuck

>You're not allowed to dislike
yikes

reminder that if you had to resort to fire to kill the ogre you should stop playing videogames

Attached: 1480203581333.gif (129x150, 73K)

blazing bull is retardedly easy just sprint the entire fight while locked on and he can never touch you

Watch the fucking bar at the top of the screen you mong. As soon as you use a mikkiri counter, you will do like 10-20% posture damage to their bar. If you can't see it, you're looking at the bar after the damage is already applied

that's like saying pokemon is harder than dark souls cuz you don't have a roll dodge
cmon bruh

That's because God Hand was a good game with a deep combat system. Sekiro only has challenge but there's no good game beyond that.

Im old, and suck at Dark Souls... Should i even attempt this?

Based Chained Ogre, filtering out the casuals en masse.

>yikes
yikes

I presume both anons are talking about the Samurai Spear guy in the area where you meet Shota Lord, in which case they are right to a degree...that deflect doesn't inflict any poise damage on him, he pushes you away and takes a swing at you, however if you parry that swing he stumbles and you can land some hits.

>Yea Forums always acts hardass, telling everyone to git gud
>gets bodied by sekiro
>WAAAAHHHHH GAME IS TOO HARD PLS NERF :'(((((((

Praise the gods of From Software, this is hilarious.

Attached: 1541089844374.gif (275x319, 1.79M)

Why do you lie on the internet dumb frog poster?

well pokemon isn't an action game like souls and sekiro so it's not really like saying that at all actually...

>b-but sekiro's parry!!!
dark souls has a much more reliably parry that actually parries and staggers the opponent instead of possibly eating even more followups afterwards

i really dont like dragonrot
im too scared to try and learn timings and new enemies because i know death is heavily punished

HOW DO YOU KILL THIS MONK I'M SERIOUSLY CRYING. CAN I GO TO ANY OTHER AREA

How do I do it. I keep spamming b but it doesnt work

dragonrot doesn't do anything but make npcs cough

Ok but how do you plan on killing it if you're just running in circles. Only way to do damage is to hit it in the head and that's objectively the most dangerous area when fighting the bull.

Dont talk to me about bullshit until you fight the nigger with the spear who guards the towee you found the heir in the tutorial level

>oh you took one of my health bars off with stealth?
>thats cool bro ill just make sure you agro the nearby ogre and that one faggot with the sword to teach you a lesson :)))

do you return to the starting area or something? is it a mandatory zone or is it optional and missable like DS1

Is this game more difficult than Ninja Gaiden Sigma? This was my cut-off in difficulty despite being a basement pro.

Attached: bowlshit.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Forgot to add, he doesn't always follow up with a swing...he's probably the only legitimately broken enemy in the game from a mechanical standpoint

Reminder that From's best games (1 and BB) are also coincidentally the ones that didn't fall for the DUDE SO HARD XD YOU'LL DIE SO MUCH AND THEN WE'LL RUIN YOUR GAME FOR DYING meme. Or maybe it's not a coincidence...

Me too baby maybe have a break that’s what I’m doing.

If I die can I lose any unspent skill points, or is it just the bar that's showing that I lose?

Like, if I'm at 1.5, do I go to 0.75 or 1.25?

ROBERRRTO

>the Divine Dragon is 100x easier than the Owl fight for the true ending
This game is retarded.

>Get to Ashina castle
>Suddenly theres like 5 different ways I could be heading
I was not ready to be overwhelmed like this

Oh, I didn't do it to the gnome guy, but I know what spot you're talking about. What happens when you do it there?

This is NOT a Souls game. Dodging will FUCK YOU UP.

Attached: IMG_20190322_172144997.jpg (4160x3120, 2.68M)

Bloodborne's From's second hardest game behind Sekiro though

circle clockwise and backstab a shield guy then run up on the bowman
you're meant to chain stab all the grunts since everyone politely backs off

oh
i really dont like dragonrot it just does nothing whats even the point

>i saw youtube video and the guy 1 shot regular mooks wtf
>git gud pleb xd
you forgot that Yea Forums is infested with literal twitch worshipping 11 year olds

No it isn't.

run in circles, run and hit it when it crashes into a wall like the dumbfuck it is. using the firecrackers also staggers it.

> Only way to do damage is to hit it in the head

the fuck are you talking about I beat him without taking damage by hitting him in the ass

I just farmed enough money to buy the phantom kunai. What is it for? The sculptor doesn't do jack with it. I just beat the chained ogre thing and now I have to face the horseman dude. Did I waste 3000 sen for nothing?

Orphan of kos and manus but yeah if you don’t count dlc I agree.

I think I killed her out of order too early, but the way I did it was to just print until she whiffs something and land a single attack.. Took a while but it worked

>got first 2 phases of thunder samurai down hitless
>have to learn all of phase 3 now
based...

so what the fuck happened to the faggot listening to some samishen or some shit like that above the area where you begin? he dissapeared

I killed the blue ninja faggot down there, i supposed I had to talk to him after that but he isn't there anymore

So, can dragonrot completely kill off some NPCs or do they simply cough and change ending or some shit?

Yeah you can go back there. Just outside the room where you meet Shota Lord is a miniboss that seems to be stomping lots of players shit in. He's just mechanically fucked since the techniques that any decent player has been using magically don't have the same effect on him and he's hyper aggressive.

Run past the initial group of fuckbois only killing the two archers, run into kino pool, take immediate left, run behind house thing til they decide aggro, walk over to samurai jack, slowly approach the fat fucks entourage, shuriken the archer on the right, kill the two skinny bois that run at you, once you do all that, slowly walk up and make only drunk man aggro, make him walk all the way to the pool, congrats ur now 2v1 with fat man, have fun.

Yes it is.

the bar.
pretty sure it said everything halves on death

how do you go back to the tutorial level?

Same thing has happened with every souls game

I can't believe how casual gamers have become. Tenchu was unironically harder than this.

when you die theres a chance you only lose half your xp and monies.
when you have dragonrot, it reduces that chance

It's bot even remotely close to NG.

Also did you honestly not beat NG1 on the normal difficulty?

Attached: happy chink.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

the parry window for sekiro is way bigger than even parrying daggers in souls

No, not even close.

how do you go back there?

You lose half of your progress towards your next point. Once you're at a full point, you won't lose that point, just any bar towards the next one.
So level one with half a bar and dying would give a quarter bar. 1.5 goes to 1.25.

I've died to this whore 80 times now. I give up, impossible.

Attached: 1532890420027.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

It's Up

Attached: 6ng2rjn.jpg (558x525, 233K)

already got 6 npcs pozzed
rip

why the FUCK is divine confetti rare

and it's also a way shittier parry

You need to kill the dude to upgrade

It's the easiest phase once you figure it out. Just jump when he does a lightning attack and hit R1 in the air, that way you'll deal damage to and stagger him.

fromsoft is literally shifting away from difficult games, slowly
this is a middle point because their next game will be casual battle royale

I remember when 2 was released and a lot of people where major butt hurt about the last giant

>be soul babby
>pick knight after watching 15 guide videos on youtube
>put all points in vit and use summons for every boss because le epic online features, it's the way it's meant to be played xD
>wear heavy fag armor and a shield
>wow bro I'm so hardcore I beat Dark Souls haha xD +1700 upboats
>play bloodborne
>struggle a bit at first, but realize you can literally just spam R1 while dodging randomly every now and then to win
>bro these games aren't even hard bro haha
>sekiro comes out
>MOMMY WHAT IS THIS, ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY QTE WHAAAA WHAAAA
>I WANT MY SUMMONS NOWWWW

Attached: 1452368119479.jpg (419x480, 52K)

I beat NGB on Master Ninja and I think Sekiro is harder, not even joking I have a MN playthrough on Youtube.

The game is like Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja

The last carps I need won't resurface, they just stay underwater and I can't hit them. I've been waiting here for 20 minutes already

Attached: 426d012aa35f.jpg (437x431, 28K)

DS2 had retarded hitboxes on launch though. It still does

>ashira outskirts
>lots of open space and vertical level design that allows you to move around as much as you can so that you can make use of your stealth and mobility as an option to take down enemies
>hirata estate
>lol what the fuck is stealth? here have these corridors with very little leeway full of tons of enemies that you cant sneak up on. just play the game as barebones as possible and dont think about doing anything interesting

Attached: 1532316137872.jpg (720x696, 56K)

it's actually really easy honestly. and I say that as someone who had a ton of trouble learning the first two phases, I beat the 3rd one on my second try with it.

he spams thrusts so you get a bunch of mihin counters and his lightning memes are pretty easy to avoid

where some early gourd seeds at?
2 heals suck and my autism wont allow the use of pellets

Thanks man

>I beat him without taking damage by hitting him in the ass
That.. must've taken a long time, user.

Go to bed. Wake up. Destroy boss.

Once you kill Lady Butterfly and the Fire Bull you progress into the Castle, after you kill the Bull, take a right out of the main gate and follow the cliff. You end up back by the Well you start in, so from there you just follow your steps from the start of the game.

He keeps flying the kite high up so you can grapple onto it for a special little area

I actually find it very easy, especially with the revive mechanic and stealth kills, and this is coming from someone who's only From Software game thus far was Bloodborne which I never finished because it was too hard for me.

not really, but like I said I used the firecrackers too which let me get a bunch of swings on him. I had to be a bit more careful when I ran out but lady butterfly was a longer fight.

yes just know going in you'll die a bit

oh, shit -- that's not good. I think that's too hard for my tastes. I better keep that in mind. IMO FROM fucked up by not offering online help.

You get a metric shitton of scales later on in the game, dont worry about it.

I would do that normally but this is different. She kills you in 1 hit and you have to walk around and slowly stab her because her posture can't be broken. I just don't want to deal with that anymore man.

Do I just spam L1 until my poise meter is almost full than then dodge away? Do I play this like Bloodborne or Arkham or MGR? Nothing is clicking with me

It has literally been a thing since the DS1 beta. The first few hours are always "impossibly hard on a level not seen before" and then it turns out after you adjust to the new mechanics it's not that bad.

Central Yharnam is a bitch for new players though and I will always stand by that.

Attached: 1539910065503.jpg (906x936, 849K)

t. only an hour in

>still falling for this shitty bait

Attached: 1441383538299.jpg (400x267, 28K)

Swim up to up to them really close from behind and hold R1 to do a thrust attack.
During the attack they spot you and swim right into your blade.

thanks man I totally missed it

i beat god hand without too much trouble, its an awesome game, with great diverse combat with tons of combos and customization, multiple ways to deal with each enemy, and has balanced difficulty curve. sekiro is shit. its souls with a tad expanded combat and stripped down everything else. 80% of time you still spam r1 and thats just sad for an action game.
i understand why someone would like it, but its underwhelming in most departments and overly hard for no reason, and the only way its hard in is that it requires insane reflexes to beat gateway bosses, because failing a dodge/deflect costs you at the very least an estus or you die on next hit, in some cases attack oneshots you outright, and you only got a couple of chugs and res.
this is almost the poorest "hard difficulty" i've seen in 20 years of gaming, right behind those ridiculous platformers, i wanna be the bochi and the like, those are just a joke though.
the best i can give this game is "decent action flick for quick masochists" and that would pass usually, not in the same month as dmc5 though.

So, have we figured out how many times you can die before you're locked out of the real ending?

Oh ok thanks, I just didn't know if this area was a 1 time visit

>jump stealth kill
>run away
>jump stealth kill
>run away
>jump stealth kill
>run away

john cena

I tried the firecrackers but sometimes it'd stun him and sometimes not. I didn't like how unreliable it felt, unless there's some hidden stun timer. Idk, I stunlocked the ogre with fire and didn't have a problem there.

That game is fucking shit. I threw mine away. I replay demons souls, dark souls 1 & 3 all the time.

I am not having fun with sekiro, and am about to hit the 2 hour mark so im close to just returning it.

you can dive later in the game

Thanks, game journalists and redditurd memespouters, for ruining From Software.

They've left behind everything genius about DeS, DS1, and BB, and distilled their formula down to "dude it's hard".

Attached: 1461735722741.jpg (528x575, 68K)

find the ID for the tears with cheat engine for me please teehee

the first combat art is useless after the half way point. if you're facing mutliple enemes and they are in range of that attack, you're most likely just going to die because trash mobs now have poise on some moves, do mini boss damage, and deflect like mini bosses.
The combat design in this game sucks, R1and shuriken are fast enough but everything else is so fucking slow, that it's not worth using if you think you're going to trade hits.

I got through her eventually but couldn't hack it on a new game.

How do you beat the headless? I understand i need confetti to damage him but his "slow" fog i dont know how to get rid of

Who sells that? The two crow shops I have found have firecrackers and a gourd seed

Why did they change parry from L2 to L1?

I literally can't comprehend how people are getting bodied by the chained ogre. I'm not saying this for E-cred I sincerely beat him first try, you just use the fire prosthetic and it stuns him for 10 years. I'm guessing everyone who fights him must not have that yet or something.

Attached: 1515526325075.gif (500x579, 926K)

how far are you?
the game is seriously just getting harder for me.
the initial chunk of the game after the tutorial wasn't so bad, but now I think I'm gonna explode when I get back on.

Hey, that's neat. Thanks, checking it out right now.

cheater

I kinda feel stuck between Lady butterfly, elite Ashina Elite - Jinusuke Saze and the clusterfuck of the gun castle.

wtf why was the horse nigga easier than any of the minibosses so far

I must've missed the fire prosthetic because I'm at the first real boss and I only have the ninja star thrower.

Well you're an idiot then because these game's mechanics and enemies are toddler tier in comparison

try beating him without firecrackers

it's literally impossible

>he couldn't beat him without the fire prosthetic
uh... yikes..

Nope.

They already did this with Armored Core Verdict Day. I feel like I got bamboozled by them again.

Attached: 48a.png (283x244, 103K)

anyone else thinks the ceramic shard looks like a piece of watermelon?

The devs are so lazy you cant even get killed by jumping in water because they didnt animate it

Don't listen to him, it's literally not even in the same league as something like MGR

This how I got past snake
>Run past her to cave. If hit heal up
>Line up against wall, wait till snek isnt looking
>run to the alcove and fall in
>climb up when snake is not looking and sneak to the box thing in the grass
>wait till the snake looks at you in there, it's eye turns red
>press attack button whilst the eye is red, you'll stab it in the eye and it'll flip out
>Get out and book it for the exit. You can outrun the snake with the grappling hook then
>Then get to the shrine and rest at it.

>Ogre hitboxes and tracking

He wasnt too hard, but god damn was it bullshitty

Attached: 1368898735403.jpg (312x312, 48K)

the one thing it doesn't do is deal with dragonrot which is the only thing i fucking hate in this game

Where do you find the ninja star thrower?

I've found it easier than Kosm for the most part, but the timings feel really floaty/wrong on some parries. Trying to do frame perfect parries ends with Wolf eating shit most the time, especially for the Makiri counter needing to be launched about a half-second ahead of some attacks

Attached: 1512692936964.png (1192x862, 926K)

I beat every Souls at SL1 and Bloodborne at BL4 but I'm stuck at the first boss and I have 9 dragonrot things.

Attached: 1553064729017.jpg (528x455, 30K)

Come back when you've played Sekiro for longer than an hour, sweetie.

Are you seriously implying MGR is hard in any way? Literally the easiest "character action game" ever made, it's insultingly easy.

Sekiro isn't even a character action game and it's 10 times harder.

If you're that far, you should be able to beat Butterfly easily. You won't beat what's behind that miniboss anyway

FUCK the dude in the bamboo forest around the Hirata estate who jumps down from the tower i can't beat this fucker

Attached: 1543658953275.jpg (501x501, 39K)

what boss?
I've seen people having different first bosses.

MGR is hard to S rank(sometimes) but it's definitely not a hard game even on Revengeance.

mainly because of checkpoints everywhere

Come on nigga..

Agreed. MGR is incredibly easy. It is to action what Halo Wars is to strategy.

The fuck are you on about, you swim in this game.

>dude add a billion of everything
>infinite health and damage lmao
Why don't these lazy ADHD niggers ever make trainers that only add one skill point at a time or at least allow us to edit in-game numbers?

I wasted a point on a useless skill and I want to get it back, but I don't want to have infinite skills.

why doesnt a singleplayer action game has difficulty selection?
I dont give a fuck what you think about me

13%

LMAO this shit is hilarious hard. I am loving watching twitch streamers get rekt. Going to pick it up tomorrow just for some masochism.

Why does the camera seem to focus on the shota feet?

Horse guy. I'm guessing there is a gun prosethetic somewhere to scare the horse but I only have the ninja star.

I just ran past him and grabbed the Prosthetic Tool

Attached: 1548633529915.jpg (400x300, 66K)

nigger

>and I have 9 dragonrot things.
You're going to start losing NPCs soon, user.

Attached: 1522277282128.jpg (422x408, 102K)

if you haven't found out already, that one shit kick he does is a thrust attack and you can mikiri counter it. when he goes in the air use shuriken. if you don't want to fight him legitimately then just jump back down, deaggro him, go back up, deathblow him from behind, and then think about just how a shitty stealth system was approved.

so can someone explain combat with boss fights? does this game just force you to be a parryfag? dodging doesn't work since the stamina bar thing refills on the boss

Thank you, but I was referring to a later point in the game.

this game reeks of B-team

it's easier on revengeance because they made it so parries one shot bosses pretty much

He was a fucking joke. Grapple Slash him and he legit can't hurt you.

Attached: 1552513413942s.jpg (125x93, 3K)

I never used any prosthetics except grappling hook on him, he's actually one of the easist bosses in the game.

Just don't be afraid to block with your sword, and I don't mean parry. Also chase his horse every time he runs away so you can grapple him and get free hits in.

the tracking is some aimbot level of bullshit

How do you get to him?

You need to do damage to them, the lower their vitality, the slower their stamina bar will refill.

And you die in one hit to compensate

I like it because it keeps things really fast, like a Heaven Or Hell mode that isn't boring

You're gonna have to parry at least some of the time, parrying is pretty much the most important mechanic in this.

Is there a way to upgrade your sword or increase your damage?
I'm up to the Drunkard giant and I deal zero fucking damage to him.

Attached: HELP.jpg (540x540, 34K)

How do I make the big baby ogre at Senpou temple "vanish"? I gave him the white wheel but attacking doesn't do anything

what the fuck is kicking?

You can deal actual damage to their health bar but you want to stagger them as much as possible. Pretty much the Bloodborne mentality of staying in their face.

Only if you spam it. You can dodge almost every attack.

he'll 50/50 counter you after successful dash and if you parry that he goes off balance hard and gives you a generous window to fuck his shit up
spear dash is the only way to trigger this

as someone that loved MGR that sounds pretty great

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm talking about this.

No, i am seriously implying that Sekiro is piss easy to a boring degree and with way more shallow gameplay and mechanics.

The fact that you list Revengeance as the example doesn't fill me with much confidence on your knowledge of the game.

Yes.

Beat the real bosses.

he isn't too hard
be sure to learn the thrust attack counter
he has two easy punishable attacks - slow jump, downward kick, unblockable and a string of attacks followed by a perilous kick
stay away from him, but be sure to counter those, especially the perilous kick, it's piss easy to deflect, and does a lot of posture damage
i found that if you charge an attack while he falls into the arena and hit him twice, he is guaranteed to do the kick combo

Shinobi tool later in the game

Yes, after certain bosses you gain a "memory" of the fight and you can spend it to increase the damage of your sword. The horse boss is the first boss to give one to you.

I might already have it, I just use the same 4. Which one is it?

Press the jump button while in the air to perform a kick that does guard damage and in some cases causes Wolf to vault off the enemy into the air that can be followed with a sword slash.

>about to fight lady butterfly first time
>guy before boss telling me about illusions and not fall for it
>gives me green bean
>go to boss
>get my shit pushed in
>die but i dont revive because i dont want dragonrot
>all of a sudden spawn back at first temple
>its like the first cutscene of game after tutorial
>"heh, wow this is awesome. Its an illusion to make me think my game got reset. Wow this game is amazing"
>all of a sudden faggot starts saying he dying and has dragon rot
>use green been to break illusion
>mfw its not and this game is just shit

Attached: EC4F58DE-66D7-4977-9EEC-54398003D7FE.jpg (250x241, 8K)

It's a wind feather thingy, and it's description mentions spiriting things away. Can't remember the name rn.

>The fact that you list Revengeance as the example doesn't fill me with much confidence on your knowledge of the game.

but why? I S ranked everything with Sam and Raiden, not sure what more do you want

Let me know when this or cheat engine can stop Dragon Rot and we'll talk

7 Hours in.

Beat Horse Boss.

Have beat a bunch of the mini bosses. I have like 7 area's unlocked and feel so fucking lost.

Attached: 1548633826460.png (1262x852, 1.35M)

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1451838097507.png (702x658, 528K)

It's not fun

Can someone remind me what yourse supposed to do when you see the red mark appear when an enemy is about to attack?

Attached: 1548077186941.jpg (480x640, 12K)

Do people think this game is too hard or are they just memeing? Instead of roll spam, it's L1 spam to win.

The Dragonrot mechanic made me go from "I'll grit my teeth and git gud" to "I'm refunding this". Fuck this shit. I'm not ruining my game because I can't sightread a boss.

This game does it better, legitimately. Anyone who says otherwise is a casual because MGR has the most brain-dead parrying system imaginable, you just spam it literally as fast as you want and it will always land. In this game you HAVE to time your parry's or you get fucked.

The knowledge that Revengeance is a meme mode like heaven or hell and not the game's actual highest difficulty would be nice

Stop dying faggot.

If you die you get dragonrot, not revive.

Idiot.

I was right, I did have it.

Where is the Sakura branch/tree?
done with ghost monk and guardian gorilla, don't know where to go now

>i have no idea where to go. i played like an hour or so. i played until i talked to some senile women in a dilapitated home that gave me a bell which i offered to buddha.
>then i got apparently teleproted into the future or the past im not even sure. fought my way across that burning village until i got to a bridge and decided to go off track into the river until i found a place where i could grapple up. killed some dudes and then walljumped like a ninja into a burning estate. skipped the guys there until i talked to some ninja who charges head first into a group of guys that are being backed up by fat jackie chan who spits poison clouds and hands me my ass repeatedly because i cant deal with him and the ninjas carrying shields.
>am i even supposed to be here. fuck i feel like playing dark souls for the first time again. where am i supposed to go.
this sounds like a 10/10 game

what does he not know, because i dont know either

Depends on what their attack is. It means the attack cannot be parried or deflected.

With Spear guys you can do a B/O button Parry with the right skill and if they do a sweep you can jump kick them in the face.

only boss I've killed is the horse guy, is Gun Fort where I'm supposed to be now? I might just be getting pleb filtered

I could forgive it's difficulty if it wasn't so punishing when you die.
I die so many times and everyone sick.

i refuse to believe a phoneposting frog nigger got to butterfly without dying 3 times

what the fuck do those beans even do?

based retard. had my laugh

Attached: 1514810324016.jpg (1280x1024, 218K)

God Hand is actually a good game that gives you the tools and mechanics to beat the entire game through pure skill because the combat system is deep enough to allow you to do that.

This game is pure unfair bullshit with Dark Souls 2-tier teleporting grab hitboxes and enemies that slide around to hit you that I can't be fucked to take the time to suffer through.

Attached: 1525246921930.jpg (359x409, 94K)

if you think so. Enemies are so much more fragile(and less aggressive) in Very Hard and below that it definitely isn't as fun for me.

You should try playing beyond the tutorial when they start introducing attacks that can't be parried.

depending on which ching chong it is you have to either press b if you have mikiri counter unlocked or jump once and jump off the enemy's head to do a sweep counter

What about the third option? I cant remember what the tutorial prompt said.
There was thrust, leg sweep and grab i think each taking a different button.

no salt but the hitboxes in this game seem really really bad

After you fight the spear miniboss at the Hirata estate, get to the idol then turn left and jump into the water, swim up the river under the bridge and there's a little piece of land that leads to a cave that he's at the top of

the bosses are legitimately bullshit and badly designed

the only good one is the horse dude, that guy is awesome, the rest is trash

you're just buttmad that god hand lets you turn the game down to baby bitch mode if you're struggling too hard

>get to the estate
>need a key to progress
>search the entire estate and I can't find one
fuck

So far I have been able to counter Thrusts and Sweeps.

Guards you just have to dodge (So still B/O). Dodge late too because spamming it early like Souls will get you fucking rekt.

Attached: 1546791903898.jpg (428x424, 16K)

Obviously, a hard game is imune to critiques.

That’s pretty silly, I like this game, but I really can’t stand some other games that are considered hard.

People are too concerned about feeling superior because of a game, that’s extremely lame.

ngs on normal is significantly easier.

it's been a while since I played GODHAND but it did have some bullshit parts though

you dodge/deflect thrusts, jump for leg sweeps, and dash dodge grabs

Reposting from other thread. This game has some amazing AI.

Attached: of the water.webm (1580x842, 1.16M)

more fragile than dying in 1 hit? ok

You realize you can deflect EVERYTHING right? that makes you point moot.

Nigger what even God Hand easy is hard. You're just a braindead Fromfaggot that can't muscle up any other defense to legit criticism like the shit I just mentioned other than git gud.

Well, I just killed the armored guy. Bit weird but alright.

>Only good one is the horse dude
>Literally the easiest boss in the game, more so than any miniboss before him.
Yeah, I wonder why you like him

kill the spear monk nigger and proceed from there

Does this really happens? Haven't seen any proof yet

Show us how you deflect a grab attack, then.

with every enemy that's taller than 6ft the hitboxes are fucking broken. leave it to a bunch of japanese pygmys to not know that being taller doesn't mean you can effectively suplex a manlet standing 50 meters away from you.

Is Genichiro really the 1/3rd mark?

no

why would that ever matter, not like you can buy new weapons or armor.

This lady butterfly boss is really irritating me

Attached: 1504904278257.png (376x438, 265K)

Is this the "brilliant visual storytelling" people meme about in Souls games? I'm impressed

>easy
>bad
Don't you think you're trying too hard to compensate for something by tryharding this much over difficulty to the point where it doesn't even matter if something is mechanically fun or not?

Did the game tips just lied to me?

It's as easy as jumping and goomba stomping them.

You can buy upgrade items and some NPC questlines open up new skill trees so yeah. Wouldn't want to get fucked out of those.

>tfw died 20 times to horse guy
is he really supposed to be easy? His delayed attacks completely fucked over my defelcts

I found a lot of his attacks would miss me if I was at his side, also grappling to him when prompted helped out with damage

I'm not even a big fan of the bosses in these games I like easier games, but he was nothing special and the only reason anyone would think otherwise is because they didn't have to struggle with him.
I mean shit he had only like 3 attacks.

By this point his parry pattern is shit simple for deflects and you can grapple him to stop his most dangerous attack.

He was easier than any of the Mini bosses.

You can stunlock her forever by doing Evade > Attack. Throwing Shurikens when she's up in the air makes her fall down. But yeah try Evade > Attack if only just to see From Soft AI hard at work as the AI is unable to react to being stuck in an infinite loop.

Difficulty will change from person to person. I suck shit at this game but he was the only boss I only died once to so far. However a more seasoned souls player could die to him 15+ times. It just depends honestly

And despite that he's still the most fun boss I've fought so far. Goes to show just how badly From cocked up the boss fights in Sekiro.

as someone with thousands of hours in bb/ds3, I found dealing with his delayed attacks to be very easy

my problem with most other bosses are that they're too f*cking fast to react to

Why didn't my spoiler around I like easier games show up

When you deflect on cue, is it the parry or the follow up attack that deals the most posture damage? I'm been wailing after deflecting like a retard and get fucked up thinking it nets me the most posture damage

yes.
in ngs you die at a boss 3 or 4 times tops, sekiro may take 15 tries just for a miniboss.

I literally just killed her because i went super aggro mode. Also used shurikens to knock her ass down

Thanks for the advice user.

Attached: 1504903407425.png (199x342, 98K)

>Goes to show just how badly I suck at the boss fights in Sekiro
Why would you insult yourself?

>I can only have fun if it's grossly challenging
I guess they could've given him some insane tracking grab attack as well, maybe then you would've liked him too.

I've found that attacking once you've got the posture meter filled up halfway seems to make it build up way faster. In general, keep parrying until you get to that point and then start mixing in attacks or going full UNGA.

What's the progression after Ashina Castle? haven't fought a boss since horseman

go fully explore castle outskirts

>ogre running rampant
>every fucker is still trying to kill me and only me
>orge is exclusively trying to kill me

wow sure is "kino" right

Or maybe you can just admit that your brain can't handle more than 3 attack patterns