Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z4CWJ31HBis
youtube.com/watch?v=KNSt2qc7Ayk
youtube.com/watch?v=KZ47RxS-Q4A
vocaroo.com/i/s05pwf7MLDsj
hempuli.com/baba/
drive.google.com/file/d/1SeSRSwaP-VQDuAqfF0vN5zRb-khURx5r/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: D1vAuHXXgAAvh3C.png large.png (1110x733, 13K)

Oh god.

BABA NOOO

don't do it!

I am at sunken temple extra 2

This game is fun
I pirated it

NO BABA OH GOD OH NO GOD NO OH GOD PLEASE BABA

This game is a weird phenomenon. It's a puzzle game with a very simple anesthetic which normally would be negative however thanks to its simple looks and great mechanic plus puzzle this has been a little darling of Yea Forums of all places. Shame i suck at puzzle games. I'll repent by watching northerlion play and gouging my eyes.

Too late

Attached: 3017467.png (682x767, 17K)

Attached: 1519447219306.gif (250x250, 264K)

>anesthetic
Your repentance is accepted.
But your sins mount.
Flat goat girl with fat ass is cute tho.

Attached: 1552756743968.png (1200x1200, 15K)

Attached: 1552819708157.png (238x237, 2K)

baba is confuse
I love this game

Attached: 647306ea470deff1b5e9f13e95521561.gif (474x366, 2.9M)

Attached: 1552846396771.png (462x372, 2K)

>You is

Literally never played the game

KEKE is CUNT

what the hell is keke

baba is ____

Post the first level which destroyed you on a mental level

Attached: 1471585809569s.jpg (96x125, 4K)

This game reminds me of E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy for some reason

MO
VE

Attached: 1552858595541.jpg (178x300, 29K)

Keke is best

Attached: dd1tpfh-3dfda15e-514c-43e5-880f-a75fc15d8ca8.png (648x800, 20K)

Attached: FUCK.png (1345x820, 60K)

Orange friend.

gondola

>finished Meta and all 3 of it's extra levels
What a fucking wonderful map.

Attached: 1390339457006.png (327x173, 10K)

I'm afraid to be in these threads, my first time browsing one. A spoiler here would literally be taking gameplay away from you, but as these threads keep happening, I'm trusting people act decently in them. I wanted to ask for a hint on the 'Prison' level because I'm totally stumped by it. I tried being Baba is you and baba is move to move two squares at a time and thought I could pass through the wall, but that doesn't work, and even if I did pass through the wall I couldn't do anything. If anyone can think of a really vague hint for me I'd appreciate it.

Only in world 3 so far, but world 2 had quite a bit of shit that made me pause - Prison, Tiny Isle and Catch the Thief especially (last one mostly because I was just caught in the wrong way of thinking). But once I'd figured out the trick to Prison the "harder" version was a cakewalk, as were some of the other bonus levels like Dim Signal

Attached: 1553038951648.png (348x352, 7K)

How's the length of the game look?

I don't wanna get burned like I did with pikuniku.

I'm on this level right now and I can't figure it out

Baba is DEAD

I'm glad the game seems to be relatively popular. Hopefully when he releases ESA2 ESA2 when it also does well

Attached: head.jpg (1348x1080, 67K)

Same, couldn't figure this shit out for like 20 minutes straight and felt like a god damn idiot after completing it

You can't forcibly clip through STOP, and you can't clip through PUSH or text since it's implicitly PUSH.

Think about how being PUSH affects objects

Don't worry about prison, it's a bit of a bullshit level anyway. try putting one above and below WALL IS STOP and then move up or down and see what happens

This one, mostly because the concept of overlapping text never occurs beforehand

Attached: aaaa.jpg (2033x1163, 338K)

wait Baba is a fucking sheep?

oh fuck this went over my head for so long

Forgot to link

It's not the first, but this one is really starting to get to me.
Anyone got a subtle hint maybe

Attached: 20190322162409_1.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

No, that's what that artist thinks Baba is.

wait Baba is a sheep?

oh fuck this went over my head for so long. Of course sheeps goes baaaa. fuck.

All right thanks lads, I'm gonna leave now for fear of spoilers.

baba on ice sounds like a fuckin fun thing to watch

Attached: is_baba_you__by_waffledawg-dd1vot1.gif (1024x1024, 85K)

You don't want the box to sink there in the doorway because it has love which kills you. What else can you push to that tile?

>lava is lava
i need this to be made

I mean I managed to do box is keke to use the 2nd keke as a water remover, but after that im stumped.

box has box

This is the first game to make me actually appreciate this stupid wojak edit. The look of sadness on his face, the exhaustion for having figured something out, instead of any satisfaction.

Attached: Untitled.png (510x415, 137K)

What those OPEN do exactly? I'm on Tiny Pond

You don't want to change box into keke, I made that mistake too at first

Objects that have OPEN open objects that have SHUT

Whatever object is OPEN will cause any object that is SHUT to disappear when it's pushed into it.

It pisses me off when I get stuck and when I stay stuck but when I finally figure out the solution its it feels wonderful.
why.

Objects which are OPEN and SHUT nullify eachother when they come into contact.

This comes at the cost of the opect marked OPEN too. Think a small key in Zelda dungeons, they destroy the lock, but also consumes the key.

Is Keke pronounced KEEK, Keh Keh, Keh Kay, or Key key, or Keh Key.

Attached: D1cjcAKXQAAWjB7.png (596x376, 14K)

>Baba is You
>Wall is Baba

Attached: 1396211123372.png (418x332, 187K)

If it's keeping in pattern with Baba, it would just be two syllables repeated again, but I don't give a shit and prononce it keh-kay.

That looks like...

Attached: jerry.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>Empty is Baba

It was originally Baba is Hotdog

I assume its Kiiki.

>keep reading about people having trouble with Prison in these threads
>nervous cause earlier levels have been stumping me for awhile
>finally get to Prison
>figure it out in five minutes

And this was on Switch. Apparently they made it easier on PC? Admittedly I kind of stumbled on the solution accidentally and only afterwards realized why it worked, but it's not like there was a lot of possibilities in the level.

>Baba is DEAD and NOT SLEEP

i got pretty far in the pirated version, now i wanna buy the game because level editor
will my saves get transferred or am i fugged

I'm still stuck on some shit from the lake but am sort of progressing without beating everything possible first
Also gonna dedicate myself to not looking up any more solutions like a bitch as hard as it is

>puzzle game where the rules of the objects on the board are objects on the board
Madman

My country is the most ebin of them all yet again.

Currently trying to exhaust options on coronation.
I can easily end on TEXT, but I can't find a way to make TEXT IS WIN at the same tick or stack SWAP and WIN which would easily lead to solving. Gotta look at options to disturb the defeat conditions.

And not to forget:
SWAP IS SHIT

I don't know what they'd need to change to make it run on Switch, it's a really small game so it should be exactly the same on all platforms.

Keh-kay. If it were key-key then it would be spelled Kiki.

please help me how the fuck do you so it

think of the movement rules of your character. what happens if you control two babas and run them both towards a corner?

Here are some hints given earlier:

Try to solve it with hints given first, then look up the actual solutition if you still just really can't do it.

I'm reminded of Rainworld, where it looks like hot garbage from the screenshots, but turns out to be suprisingly good, and fucking hardcore.

Attached: 12477675674.jpg (442x146, 13K)

Convince me to buy your flavor of the month game. Not a big fan of puzzles, but the art and the memes are endearing.

>BABA
>Kesäauto
>Spurdo

FInland is fucking crushing this internet game.

Attached: 20180829210935_1.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

I can't believe Keke is fucking dead.

Attached: 1401300016564.png (469x361, 110K)

I can't convince you, it's 100% puzzle solving and if you don't like them you won't like this game. The charming gimmick will wear off, and then all that's left are the puzzles which are fantastic, but not for you.

I was helping a friend on a earlier level and while doing so I remembered you can have two phrases utilizing the same "is"

Humbling moment.

I'm so fucking mad I didn't think of this sooner, thank you lads

Keke is Spurdo
Baba is Mumin

This is the one I'm on right now

I know the solution has to be
"Baba is you and win" because there are no spare 'is's but I can't figure out how to fucking get the win out

Is Prison the ultimate casual filter?
It ONLY took me 20 minutes

You dont get the win out, you open the water adjacent to it and push the AND in from the left.

Hints in increasing order of spoilertude. Final spoiler is solution.

Text is push, but Baba is not push

Neither is Keke

Text can be pushed onto Baba and Keke

Position Baba and Keke above and below Wall is Stop then push up, then down to break the rule

you can't get the win out

user is BANNED
THREAD is DELETE

You better fucking delete this

Attached: Trying_to_find_a_nice_hentai_that_1__aab1ef76edd2b62f9455f1e2eb8d18d3.jpg (600x600, 22K)

>unspoilered solution posting

Attached: 1537977267909.jpg (639x407, 43K)

okay

Attached: babafugc.png (374x401, 13K)

Bah-Bah
Kee-Kee

user I didnt mean it, you could have kept it up.
Delet

Kay-Kay like Totakeke

Attached: 1552819386515.png (414x583, 49K)

How much is the Jam Build representative of the final product? I'm gonna try it out.

I can't believe baba is fucking dead

I thought I had an image of Baba with a 5th leg somewhere...Oh well

Attached: teamwork_by_loni_art_dd24dva-fullview.jpg (1280x1052, 69K)

He's not dead, that's just the sfw version

I'm not sure, I only played three levels of it. I knew it was for me right away and bought it, but I like puzzle solving.

Baba is you HD remake when?

The full game is pretty much just the jam build 2: electric babaloo (i.e. more of the same, with new shit)
Graphics are pretty different, though.

don't open this image

Attached: asfasdghgf.png (1000x1000, 44K)

>Baba
SOUL

>Baba HD
SOULLESS

I just jumped in. The completed version is fucking hard. Most of the time with puzzle games I just breeze through without thinking on it. This is actually hard and requires thought. If a rule isn't stated, you often can assume it is not in play. If a rule is stated, all you need to do to alter it is just carefully shift tiles around so it is no longer valid.
It seems to be simple.
It really. really. isn't.

>asking for help
>looking up solutions

You realize you paid money to be put in a situation to not know the answers to puzzles? By asking for help you are literally wasting money. If you pirated you get away with it but it still makes you a loser.

Attached: 1393096057581.png (592x511, 478K)

baba and key is win

how long is the game?

It's length is inversely proportionate to your IQ.

Literally me

Attached: lm.png (49x50, 4K)

I think he was asking how many levels.

my first fanart

Attached: meself.jpg (140x108, 3K)

that doesn't even look like baba you fucking idiot

How long does it take for you before you ask for a hint?

id be ok with that
gondola is comfy

Its literally me

user. that's me.

Where did you get this picture of me?

Hasn't happened yet. If I get stuck and frustrated, I either go work on another level or take a break from the game and come back fresh later.

FAG is YOU

This is me. Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It's me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you'd see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say "Yup, that's me". I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I'm assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I've found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It's really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it's almost like we're identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

over 200 levels

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: file.png (789x427, 19K)

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but that literally is a picture of me.

Why does my "A Way Out?" look different than someone else's

Mine is missing a patch of ice

Attached: 1486761003991.jpg (377x282, 67K)

Haven't messed around with SWAP too much, but couldn't you just make FLAG IS YOU and then BABA IS WIN? Assuming SWAP doesn't work both ways.

I'm sorry I apologize.

>but where's the key
Am I overthinking this level or am I just a brainlet?

Probably updates. One level literally mistook cliff for wall and you could literally walk to flag.

Attached: [layers of BABA].png (566x842, 441K)

I dont fucking get it.
I gave up on that sewer level with the robot and cog too.
I dont get how the fuck to do these MOVE levels.
I just cant figure them out at all.

Attached: 20190322172506_1.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

I figured it out moments after posting
i am a brainlet

>Playing with no hints whatsoever
>Stuck on world 3 secret 1
This is it bros, I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to the end with the rest of you...

Attached: 068634C7-70DF-4A8B-88B3-6510547D9112.gif (480x361, 456K)

look under your chair

>tfw solving THAT puzzle

youtube.com/watch?v=z4CWJ31HBis

think about how you can possibly get rid of the skulls

>BABA HAS BABA

Some of those skulls seem to be sideways
everything happens for a reason

you can change what you are

Oh wait, that's already in the comic and I didn't notice it.
Shit.

that's the worst option and more difficult. Its MUCH easier to just skull is ghost

FUCK HIS NAME IS BABA BECAUSE HE'S A SHEEP GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

Attached: 0q1N2f8F.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Not him but idgi

Attached: D1prZiiX0AAf0sOc.png (1100x628, 47K)

KEKE on BABA is LOVE

end screen suggests a cat

Well, I completed the Jam Build. It's pretty fun actually, but I think I completed some level by breaking the game though.

Attached: spiderdrawing2.gif (200x150, 2K)

baba is not dead
has
love
and
win

I dont really want him(?) to be any specific animal.
Kinda just some weird dog cat hybrid, and the developer just leave it open ended.
Just a cute white blob with legs and cute eyes

>completed some levels by breaking the game
These are the best solutions though.

You think that now, but that's the game easing you into the idea of trying to mess with it and making you think you're smart. Later on, what you thought was 'breaking the game' will be the solutions, and then you'll have to go even further beyond.

I'm being trolled and this "secret" level is impossible right?

Attached: Untitled.png (1904x1002, 108K)

Breaking a rule by sandwiching it and then slamming into a wall feels like cheating.

>Rose is red
>Violet is blue
>Flag is win
>Baba is you

>Wall is stop

Attached: 1514609666630.png (500x593, 77K)

TOO MANY LEGS

That's the only solution for one casual filter level in particular, so it's definitely not an oversight.

ICE IS MORE AND MOVE

Attached: Task Manager 3_19_2019 3_06_18 PM.png (527x237, 10K)

*laughing prisoners*

Try
>Not Baba is You is Responding
What does this do?

>Just figured it out by accident
3 FUCKING HOURS TO FIND OUT YOU CAN PASS TIME TO MOVE SHIT EVEN WHEN YOU’RE NOT CONNECTED TO A (you)
RRRREEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 05DDD66C-13A3-412E-84D2-728496729721.gif (220x173, 62K)

Most of them past 60

>level requires mechanics you haven't used before

Attached: faaaaaaaaa.jpg (361x514, 79K)

Still can't figure this one out
It looks so simple and there's not much you can do so I have to be missing something obvious

Attached: thonk too hard.jpg (490x484, 61K)

Just did Double Moat (3.8) and felt really smart lads when I figured out that the only possible option was doublemove making you jump over non-stop/push tiles

Keh-Keh

I keep coming back to this one like a retard

its in fucking world 1 and I have no idea

Attached: Y5mbbcU.png (1920x1080, 52K)

You're trying to unlock a door with a key, right?
what if i told you

Oh dude same, I just got the game like two hours ago and that's the first one I had to give up on

Pro tip: Objects you can PUSH can be pushed in the same "turn" as the command saying they can be pushed is undone.

you can use texttiles to push other tiles past something

Then it just spawns a rock which gets in your way instead and you have no way of deleting the rock

Tell me what wall is

Become rock after pushing it through. If you don't have enough blocks, you're not using them properly.

Was I on the right track or am I way off?

Attached: 1538099762206.png (1044x750, 37K)

On a scale of 1-10, how brainlet has this game made you feel overall by now?

Finland punches above its weight so much I need a picture of a spurdo sparde with a sling facing off against a giant Goliath.

Somewhat, of course you'll need to push out the rock from above, since you can't put key up through 1tile corridor to it.

or 0, whatever side is max brainlet

Tiny Isle. Flag Is Open And Win as the answer didn't occur to me until someone literally said "AND WIN" to me as a hint.
Followed by Further Fields or whichever the one is where there are 3 Baba and you have to set it up so they disengage Keke Is You, push Keke across the grass, then re-engage Keke Is You.
After that I think there was a level in Forest that kicked my ass, Ah right, Insulation and Factory.
After that, I didn't encounter much of a hurdle until late Depths.

...you could unlock a key...

undertale inspired furshit

>skip Prison by accident
>pass through all areas
>return to Island to finish it off
>finally find Prison
>finish it in a couple minutes
Did I just get lucky? I know the level requires some condition switching fuckery, but it honestly seem piss easy to me.

thanks bois

Attached: 1488419791495.jpg (412x314, 8K)

>mouse hole
>swap
Hoo boy.

>retard has wrong opinions about games he has never played

All my furniture is singing finnish or icelandic folk tunes. Baba's lying there like a dead slug cat.

youtube.com/watch?v=KNSt2qc7Ayk

Speaking of which, is there a spurdo swap for this game?

>furshit
>characters fit inside a 16x16 box
??????

Holy shit spent a minute or two trying to figure out what the heck you meant but now I got it thanks user

Attached: Untitled.png (1816x998, 45K)

I feel like it made itself look complicated to throw you off with a bunch of extra unnecessary bits and baubles.

It feels like every other level I have to use some new interaction that I didn't even know about beforehand

Oh that one.
It's solvable.
Here's how you get past the first door:
KEY IS ROCK
DOOR IS KEY
ROCK IS DOOR
DOOR IS PUSH
Push the Door into the Key.

...But how do you get the Door out of the frame? Rock/Door/Key are Stop/Push at all times and there is no Pull.

Why is Yea Forums suddenly all over this game?
I remember seeing it years ago and absolutely no one gave a shit about it back then

Did you at least fucking try it?

rock isn't stop

Because it was just a game jam game back then. This is the real deal, and it's way fucking bigger.

I found it was easier to get the rock out of that column, instead

>I remember seeing it years ago
it came out earlier this month, are you talking about the gamejam version?

Baba is ewe

>mfw all is done

did i just erase the universe

Attached: 1395644041613.jpg (825x650, 43K)

Huh, yeah I guess that was the gamejam version then
Always neat to see small games like that getting some love

I'M ON THIS LEVEL RIGHT NOW WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAAAAAAH FUCK

That's the bad ending. You have to simultaneously do this:

ALL
___ IS CAKE IS YOU
IS
DONE

Then push the All down by one tile.

Further Fields?
That level has no less than 6 unique solutions.
Some are simple, some are complex, and most of them involve setting the babas up in such a way that they can push Keke across the grass and then set Keke Is You.

Wait I think I have the idea down
you gotta let yourself get pushed over and then time one of the babas to push the you back into place

Now I just gotta execute it

Level editor when?

GOTY 2019 with this idea

But it literally only gives you enough items and words to solve it.

There's an unfinished one in the game's code, supposedly the dev is working on one

The hard part is getting a setup that works for that but I've seen a lot of different ones.
About half of them seem to use this particular block of words. There are other setups but this one works.

Attached: further fields.png (288x296, 3K)

Bake? Bake what?

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ47RxS-Q4A
KEKE KEKE KEKE RUUSPERI RUUSPERI RUUSPERI

this is known as domestic abuse

What the fuck delete this where the fuck did you get a picture of me?

Was this really the answer? to Fall-A?
Basically did it by accident.

Attached: kzLOExa.png (828x627, 30K)

STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS GAME ITS FUCKINT TERRIBLE YOURE WORST THAN THE HOLLOWKNIGHT FAGS BUT YOU SOMEHOW FOUND AN EVEN WORSE GAME TO SHILL

Attached: IMG_20190318_145406.png (1508x742, 240K)

That's how I did it.

but that would just turn baba into knife when ded

Will the sequel be called Baba Is Two?

HIRE

It'll be called Baba is U2, with special guest Bono on music.

Wouldn't it be Baba Is You And Two?

Attached: stabbin time.jpg (750x594, 55K)

>Stuck on Prison last night for like an hour before giving up
>Played a little before work this morning
>Still had no idea even after some time away
>Gave it to wife to see if she can figure it out while I left for work
>She gets it like 15 fucking minutes after I leave
Wife is Bullshit

Attached: photo.png (359x359, 174K)

BRAINLET is YOU

Bottleneck. EMPTY is PUSH is such a mindfuck when you first encounter it

Shit's hard. Don't be rude faggot.

MAKE BABA IS YOU

I can physically feel my cognitive ability deteriorating playing this game. This is my first time explicitly asking for a hint

My friend said that this level requires an interaction which has not been seen up until this point, but I can't figure out what could possibly be made from this. I don't suppose I can make another object to sink

Attached: brainlet cage.png (1920x1080, 89K)

AAAAAAAA HELP ME PLEASE

Attached: 20190322_175308.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

NEVER MJND I GOT IT I'M A GENIUS

What if I told you something could be two things at once

You can make something be two things at once, for example
X IS Y
IS
Z
if you set up
____ IS Y
IS
Z
and then push X in to the blank, it will become both at the same time.

It is precisely about making another object to sink
Which means you need to make another object without sacrifing the one you have already.

Keek

Sandraker Scum status: Pushed off our world

Attached: shazbot.jpg (854x480, 22K)

Thanks user, that made it clear immediately

>ronkeyisfl
>ckag

>clisst
>iffop

>get to level that introduces Shift

Fug. Shit just got real. I can already tell this mechanic will be giving me endless amounts of grief for the rest of the game.

Try putting two objects on top of each-other facing the same direction and then giving both SHIFT :)

>BABA IS FAST

One of them is.
Most are in Mid, some are defending base, and one lazy fucker's having a party in his own generator room.

>just cleared world 3
>try the new level that's popped up after the 3flower lock
aww shit what the hell
it's so much

Two IS don't do anything special. BUT THREE can break the game.

That level is annoying because it has a bunch of shit that's flat irrelevant so it makes you think it's deeper than it actually is.

Why does EMPTY IS PUSH only let me go left?

Why did you have to remind me of what could have been with Tribes Ascent? It could have been the most kino game of all time had some world class brainlet not added the fucking speed cap to the game. Seriously, why the fuck would you limit the big reason people play your gaem whilst adding hitstun due to salty babbies? And will we ever get a shooty game that lets us fast like Tribes again?

Objects with PUSH can't be walked on.
They can be PUSHed out of the way, as long as you aren't trying to push them into the wall or a level boundary.
Cmon son you know how PUSH works.

Play Tribes 2.

vocaroo.com/i/s05pwf7MLDsj

Stuck on level 2 of the first world and I just want to uninstall so I can stop feeling dumb.

keJkeJ is how I pronounce it.

You can do it user, the solution is there in front of you, you just have to find it

>the two best games of the year are BOTH going to be 2D platformers starring empty eyed black and white characters with bunny ears.

What are the odds?

Oh. Yea Forums doesn't like phonetics. Disregard me.

Attached: keke.png (134x71, 656)

sauce me please

_______ YOU
________ IS
BABA IS NOT PLATFORMER
_______SMART

Nyt nukkumaan siiitä SAATANA

Shit I guess I'm playing this now.

Over 200 levels. Will probably take you dozens of hours.

You are playing the DRM-free version which does not automatically update.

In b4 you get stuck on an easy level

>In b4 you get stuck on an easy level
It can't be helped. I know nothing about it

BABA IS KNUCKLES
FLAG IS SONIC
AMY IS ROSE
VIOLET IS VOID

The level was patched because reasons.

Ironically the devs didn't realize adding that patch of ice does jack and shit if you know what you're doing. You don't need half the level.

Attached: bait is real.png (1920x1080, 52K)

I guess I'm being pessimistic.
A few threads ago there was a guy who bought Baba Is You because it was "Cute" and he could not get past the first area because he didn't understand the central game mechanic of [Thing] Is [Property] which you've probably understood just by watching the thread.

I dun geddit

Attached: 736260_screenshots_20190322203334_1.jpg (1680x1050, 155K)

Ah I see what you did there.
Quite tricky and clever.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (870x519, 24K)

?

Every part of the level is relevant if you're going for Flag Is End.

You need to move the belt.

GREATEST IS YOU

The bugs are there instead of behind a hedge for a reason.

Completely cleared out first two worlds. Now I’m working on the first ghost one. Game is real tough sometimes

what's the other one

Hollow Knight: Silksong probably.

A little shit in that prison level

>BABA IS NOT PLATFORMER
Baba Is Fall And Platformer

Silksong

>Hollow Knight: Silksong
Is that really coming out this year though? I still need to finish the first one

>one level
>PUSH GHOSTS TO SURROUND STATEMENT, BECOME GHOSTS, PUSH STATEMENT TO CLIP INTO TEXT, PUSH TEXT TO SEPARATE STATEMENT, ISOLATE THE "IS", USE NEWLY ACQUIRED "IS" TO FORM NEW BABA IS YOU STATEMENT, PUSH GHOST TO "WIN" STATEMENT, TELEPORT EXTRA "IS" TO "WIN" STATEMENT, TOUCH "WIN" OBJECT

>the very next level
>pull boxes to make a chain to pull the flag out of hot water :)

Attached: 1532767870731.jpg (539x296, 24K)

June IIRC. Inb4 delays.

Tiny isle is probably the one I’ve spent the most time on.

>mfw I find the solution to prison

Attached: FD65C718-139F-45D5-AB76-8237F4CA05A7.jpg (236x213, 5K)

Oh i see.

>Spend hours on a puzzle
>as you beat it, pray to god it doesn't have an extra level associated with it
>it fucking does
>Turns out, your solution was the one for the harder level
>Still can't figure out the easy solution

I know that feel.

I can use the belt to pull the tree around, but that doesn't seem to get me anywhere, nor can I move the belt somewhere useful.

Attached: 736260_screenshots_20190322204232_1.jpg (1680x1050, 155K)

TRUMP is DONE and that's a good thing

Attached: muellertime.png (1132x237, 25K)

>I have made this exact post before
Me Is You?

Also, from what I'm hearing, they fucked up when they split Bottleneck into 2 levels and there isn't an easier solution.

Your level is in an almost solved state in this screenshot.
What if you could pull the tree from there?

tree is pull

The music in this game unironically makes me feel suicidal.

Fuck me
Brain is Empty.

Attached: 736260_screenshots_20190322204819_1.jpg (1680x1050, 153K)

No it's a sheep

"baba" is the sound a sheep makes

It requires some strange use of the rules that won't occur to a lot of people

>Fungus is Melt
>Fungus Has Flag
>Flag Is Win
>Tree is Hot
>Tree is Pull
You should be able to solve this.

I solved it, alright. I'm just saying I'm fucking dumb.

>Also, from what I'm hearing, they fucked up when they split Bottleneck into 2 levels and there isn't an easier solution.
Welp, that was the level I was talking about. Thanks user.

Oh. Well obviously.

The ones I get stuck on are always me getting the wrong idea about how to solve it, and not thinking of anything else and just trying different variations of my first idea. Those kind of ones you need to get away from it for a while, do some other puzzles, just reset your thinking.

Attached: BABA IS CONSTIPATED.jpg (634x435, 79K)

Where can one download this game?
There's one torrent on tpb, but it has a .rar file in it so fuck that. I'd rather open .exe nowadays than a .rar

hempuli.com/baba/
You can buy it on itch or humble to get your game download

This game is comfy so it makes me want to have a drink while playing but then that makes brain not work good

>one of the best games to come out in years
>indie dev
>wants to pirate it

see

easy there baba

drive.google.com/file/d/1SeSRSwaP-VQDuAqfF0vN5zRb-khURx5r/view
here you go beautiful

Are there perks to clearing out an entire area? Or do I really only need to complete the minimum levels it asks?

Here's a fun optional challenge for you guys:
On the Level "Turns", 2nd level in the Lake area
There is a Jellyfish in the upper right of the level near the WALL IS STOP text.
Destroy it then win the level.

Attached: lake 2 turns.png (870x519, 17K)

The enjoyment of playing the puzzles and solving them.

For comparison, this is how the level looks when you first start it. Note the jelly in the top right.

Attached: lake 2 turns start.png (870x519, 17K)

When will the baba is you fad fade? When will this game fade into obscurity?

I hope it never does.

>Get stuck
>Stop playing
>Clean apartment
>Take a shower
>Go to store
>Make dinner
>Start playing again
>Get it immediately

At last I have truly ascended

Attached: einstein.jpg (1920x1080, 569K)

Just an achievement, and rotating petals on the map. You don't seem to get anything from 100% completion other than the satisfaction that you did it all.

I give it 2 weeks, time for the sentients to fully clear Meta and for the brainlets to realise they will never get past Temple Ruins (area 3).

haven't played it but I know it's finnish like Noita, lets go

Attached: test2.png (1108x584, 570K)

>skull is move
>skull is ghost

It's amazing how many answers for a single level there often are. Not the guy you're answering to but did skull is push

>beat level finale
>game not over
good game retards

>Ghost Guard
Just beast this level and I feel like a real clever boy now.

Is it hard? I hate puzzle game but the concept looks fun

>all is cake
HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING THINGS.

literally the same dev

Yeah it's pretty damn hard because you really need to think outside of the box

how in the fuck

>get stuck again

Yes, it absolutely is hard. If you hate puzzle games you won't like this game at all. If you like working your mind over a problem until you figure it out, this game is amazing.

I saw a picture some time ago that had flowers on the areas in pic related and I don't have them yet even though it feels like I finished them. What's the total level count?

Attached: help.jpg (1781x987, 313K)

Why is he so thicc?

Solution spoilered.
Crab is rock and star, star is crab, crab and baba is you, rock is sink + rock is push
More fun if you figure it out on your own though.

>all 3
>he doesn't know

You are playing the DRM-free version, where there are 217 levels and you have beaten all of them.
But in the DRM-free version, you can get an extra orb in the level at the bottom right of that map, the island with the reddot on it.

Meta does have 3 extras. The two at the top behind BABA IS YOU and the orange flower.
It's Depths that has more extras than your mom because BABA IS LEVEL FLAG IS LEVEL ROCK IS LEVEL GRASS IS LEVEL CURSOR IS LEVEL

217 if you're playing unpatched, 219 on the latest version.

hmmm

Attached: 20190322203304_1.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

Ok thanks, guess I'll pass then

Got it, thanks.

>He didn't End

>he still doesnt know

my mind is being destroyed by the teleporter levels

That reminds me, you could make LEVEL IS GRASS or LEVEL IS ROCK in depths and make the icon in ??? grass/rock. Does that do anything or is it just cosmetic?

Prison made me fucking mad
Why is MOVE there at all? Just to fuck with me? Is this dev actually sadistic?

Attached: 24ccgGH.png (292x256, 86K)

You can play that level without changing it into anything.
That level is Depths.
But yes you can change the icon into a rock or grass.

Levels are objects, but objects are not levels.
I.E. the 2 Baba is Depths are separate Levels that both got turned into Baba.

ME IS ME IS ME. CHARACTER IS NOT ME? ME IS NOT RELATE. ME IS NOT BELIEVE ME IS NOT ME. ME IS ME. ME IS KNOW ME IS ME. YOU NEAR ME, YOU IS SAY ME IS NOT ME, ARGUMENT IS EMPTY; ME HAS EVIDENCE, EVIDENCE IS OPEN, CASE IS SHUT. ME IS ME. ME NEAR ME IS ME. ME FACING MIRROR IS IMAGE. ME NEAR EVERYONE IS STOP, EVERYONE IS SAY ME IS ME. ME IS LAUGH, ME IS KNOW ME IS ME. BED IS SHIFT, ME NEAR BED IS GLAD ME IS ME. CHARACTER IS NEW, CHARACTER IS ME? ME IS FEAR. ME IS ME, ME IS CHARACTER? ME IS KNOW ME? ME IS KNOW ME IS ME?

Attached: ME.gif (200x200, 3K)

This level was great, hope there's more like it.

Attached: 20190323022822_1.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

help pls

what fucking witchcraft, how

Attached: Screenshot_20170708-173001.jpg (461x738, 102K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHEN DOES THIS RIDE END? ITS ONE SECRET AREA INSIDE ANOTHER ONE
user IS MELT
Can i even go back?

Attached: file.png (775x436, 29K)

>Can I even go back?
One big dot leads to ??? and 9 dots leads to Map.

I hope so too, I wanna mess with more words

The position of Keke should be a big hint.

I am sorry, but you are trapped here until You exit to map by pressing ESC and selecting it, or you move your cursor over to the icon with the dot or the icon with the 9 dots and enter it

Speaking of maps in maps, I wonder how easy it would be to create an entire campaign of new levels in the level editor.

You could create an open world game with Level Is Move and Up/Down/Left/Right.

BABA HAS AUTO

I thought this was a shitty meme game until i tried it myself
.how much is left for me lads? i got 126 pollens and 7 flowers

jus dun gehtuh m8 fokin nonsense
i believe i have to port the key to the room with the ghost just something is going over my head since i don't think you can feasibly have tele and push on something

Attached: HrxdhFS.png (1920x1080, 68K)

it makes me feel so fucking retarded when I'm on the like second teleporter puzzle and I'm totally stuck

Attached: bip.gif (150x150, 8K)

there are 11 areas that give flowers and 217 (219 if you're playing the latest version) levels that drop seeds.
You could have something be both Tele and Push, but the challenge would be getting back to the main area.

I've heard that internally there's no difference between an overworld and a real level.
So I imagine the editor is going to be great.

Just you fucking wait

Attached: 2019-03-22_21-07-09.jpg (1920x1080, 72K)

217 levels in DRM-free, or 219 levels on Steam
11 flowers
4 orbs in DRM-free, 3 orbs in Steam

The achievements spell out the regions you can beat
First map overworld, Lake, Island, Ruins, A FUCKING LEAF, Forest, Space, Flower, Volcano, Chasm, Mountain, ???, Depths, and Meta. Meta is about as large as two other areas combined though because -getting to- each level is as much of a puzzle as the level itself.

Shout out to the user who recommended disabling wobble. Makes it a lot easier to focus.

>217 levels in DRM-free, or 219 levels on Steam
>4 orbs in DRM-free, 3 orbs in Steam
For truly optimal baba, get 4 orbs on the original patch, then update to get the 2 bonus levels.

>You could have something be both Tele and Push, but the challenge would be getting back to the main area.
End up on the leaf on the same turn you make LEAF IS PUSH.

was very proud figuring this one out, am still stuck on the harder version of it though.

Imagine:
>Baba is Kaizo

I though I figured out what the hint was referring to, but ended up solving it in a different way, my brain is too small to not use the third ice. Does this look like the intended route?

Attached: 20190322191328_1.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

So, is it like dark souls of puzzle games?

Attached: 1553303851761.jpg (631x540, 93K)

Attached: Untitled.gif (150x150, 9K)

>levels where keke is you
why

Nope.
What you do is put Keke on the belt
then shove the word "Is" on the belt
then shove the word "Push" on the belt
then you make Keke is Move
You can punt Rock over to the left
Keke will deliver "Is" to you
punt it over to the left
Keke will deliver "Push" to you
Push it left if you want

Nah, it's more like the Super Meat Boy of puzzle games.

Anyone have a hint for Solitude? I assume I need to push something past the skull then get behind it somehow, but I can't think of a combination of words that'll let me do that since the lonely trigger needs something else to be there which takes up the spot behind it when I approach.

Attached: D2TkcOVUgAAnjfs.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Well goddamn that's incredible, I can't believe I didn't try that at all

Attached: 1551753221328.jpg (720x720, 58K)

>Teleport

Attached: a1090510068_16 (1).jpg (700x700, 105K)

>NOT BABA AND FLAG IS HIDE
>TEXT IS STOP
>LEVEL IS MOVE
Then just make a BELT is SHIFT engine to change LEVEL to UP, DOWN, LEFT, or RIGHT every few steps. Fill it with moving KEKE who are DEFEAT.
Make the FLAG DEFEAT, too. The WIN condition is a hidden ORB placed off-screen, and the best way to reach it is to just stand in the starting position for exactly 256 turns while another hidden object pushes you to it.

Try "Lonely rock is push"

>WALL IS NOT WALL

Attached: 1461077655060.png (200x200, 32K)

Wait. But then you'd need to Push the other thing off the rock
and if you were in a position to push the first thing then you wouldn't need to fuss about.
Never mind

why isn't push teleporting here?

Attached: IMG_20190322_182827.jpg (3024x4032, 1.75M)

Kaizo Baba would start off with something simply like Text is Hide and a relatively normal level, except you don't know what anything does and have to manually experiment without Text.
Then bump it up to include some text with a twist.
>Text near Anni is Hide
>Anni is Hide so you can't know without experimenting what the secondary rules are
>And then start moving onto the brutal shit

Attached: unknown.png (960x576, 31K)

it's float

The text is floating so it's hovering over the leaf rather than actually touching it.

fuck, thanks

Never mind, I got it.
You see the skull?
The word "Rock" goes on the skull. Or possibly the word "Key".
You should be able to figure it out from there.

Text
is
Float
Floating objects cannot Tele unless the Teleporting object(s) also Float.

Text is Float. Floating objects can't interact with objects that are not Float or solid (Stop, Push, Pull)

can someone please tell me why hitting the flag here is not letting me win? Baba is you and key is flag and win. What's going on?

Attached: explain.png (592x342, 18K)

flag isn't win

>Baba is Kaizo
>An entire grid of levels with alternative Level Is conditions
>Half of them have Level Near X gimmicks
It'd be a nightmare. When can I start?

There are some levels that you have to deliberately AVOID winning. Because they change the overworld map in a way that prevents you from solving the overworld map. But you don't know which levels you can solve and which you have to avoid until you experiment around on the world map and realise that you were fucked 5 hours ago

because key is win. key is also flag.

fuck. back to it I guess

Flag isn't win

"Baba" is what a kid calls a bunny though

Because FLAG isn't WIN with this setup. KEY IS FLAG AND WIN, which means keys turn into flags, and keys are win.

You're pretty close to the solution

what's the worst thing you can come up with using 3 of the word blocks in game?

ALL IS DONE

Wait.
Would the command Level is Not Win revert level completion?

Pretty sure LEVEL IS DEFEAT is an instant loss in all circumstances.

Just started how do you get flower points

The verb "Win" refers to what happens when (You) step on a tile.
Level Is Not Win would prevent the level from being won.
But once it's already won, you can't un-win it.

beat levels

Clear an area.

Shit.

Complete enough levels in each world to match the arbitrary puff goal. You don't need to complete every level in each world, usually only about 8 or 9.

But super meaty boy is dark souls of platformers.

Solitude solution spoilered.

Attached: solitude.png (870x519, 26K)

There's a pretty easy setup for making the level's basic rules invisible:
>TILE IS HIDE
>TEXT ON TILE IS HIDE
With both rules being on tiles, along with all the other level rules.
(Or alternatively LONELY TEXT IS HIDE and have the main level covered in decorative objects)

Then you can have a normal level except you don't know what you're working around.

>ALL Is Not WIN

Attached: no.png (590x285, 57K)

Super Meat Boy is difficult to execute even once you know how everything works, but figuring out how everything works is relatively forgiving since it doesn't take long to get back to where you were.
Dark Souls is easy to execute once you know how everything works, but the process of learning how everything works is tedious as something you don't know will kill you, and death takes a lot of time.

The Dark Souls of platformers would probably be Ninja Gaiden.

You can still see WHAT the current rules are by pausing the game. What you suggested would make interacting with it annoying as hell, though.

PAUSE IS DEFEAT

got it. thanks for the help

This is one of those puzzles that are really easy when you realize there's only one meaningful setup you can create then affect from the upper right.

Thanks. I was completely overthinking it. The extra cubby hole above the hall there made me thing I had to push something all the way from the skull. Seeing the rock there made it super obvious.

Does this involve messing with the text on the upper right?

Attached: 1546103809116.png (1117x720, 29K)

I don't think you can, actually (just checked). Which is a scary thought.

Considering how hard the dev went in with meta shit, I'm surprised he didn't fuck with the pause menu at some point by making you find a way to steal letters from it or something.

Wait no
GRASS IS HIDE
TEXT ON GRASS IS HIDE
[hidden rules on grass]
TILE IS HIDE
TEXT ON TILE IS EMPTY
TILE ON PAUSE IS GRASS

No. You have everything you need in the middle.

No, it's solvable as is.
Fucking around with it will give you enough parts of the solution, then it's up to you to put them together.

>They made the lava on the far right longer so you can't just make Keke is Win
Lmao.

Seems like the updates are always for the worse.

>NO, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE THAT WAY.
Seems kind of antithetical to the whole breaking/changing the rules gimmick

You can do it with two if you reuse the IS that forms X IS YOU

For instance. You've probably figured out by fucking around with it how to use the rock to move text onto you, but it requires Text Is Swap.
You need Text to be Win to actually win.
And you can't move around while text is on top of you.
You move the "Win" onto the "Swap" in the Text Is Swap on the same turn you moved text onto you.

Attached: coronation solve.png (870x519, 12K)

I get crossed up not in the new mechanics but old simple shit i don't even think about. Like Prison was brain dead easy when I just remembered to be both characters at once

what have i done

Attached: fldPM4O.png (1920x1080, 66K)

Reddit is Yea Forums

I hated this one. Ended up solving it accidentally without even realizing what I did and only found out after looking it up.
On that note what are people's least favorite levels? Mine are this and Priority Lane.

I just solved it the same way, but I don't really understand why it works. I get that if Wall Is Text, that means Wall is no longer Wall, but I don't understand why Wall and Text get canceled out, or why the newly formed vertical Wall Is Wall text doesn't undo what you just did.

Wall text is not wall. Wall is Text being a null rule is because Wall is Wall is now in play. Is itself rules have no requirement for their object to actually be in the level, they will just override other rules attempting to transform that object.

Nope. The subreddit for this game is dead. It's much more popular on Yea Forums.

FUCK JAYWALKERS

please someone give another hint on this one its fucked.

... seriously?
You almost solve it and you need another hint?
Get that level OPEN AND WIN.

Oh shit, I get it. This game is really a mindfuck.

Because when you pushed Text in, all the walls became text, but that creates Wall Is Wall vertically, which disabled Wall is Text, but the walls have already been transformed at that point.

Jaywalkers was one of those solve in minutes levels for me, I have no idea why people find it troublesome. Pathing puzzles always tend to have extremely simple solutions. Though maybe it's because I played Polarium and was already used to the concept.

For me, I initially managed to save all the text on the left but couldn't finish the level (something in my head prevented me from seeing how to disengage rock is push, like I convinced myself that the line of tiles by keke was a solid wall), then I spent forever dicking around with the left text to no avail, took a break, came back, realized what to do in minutes and finished it.