Souls babbys literally think the game is too hard because they can't just spam roll with a 100 i-frames or summon their...

>souls babbys literally think the game is too hard because they can't just spam roll with a 100 i-frames or summon their butt buddies

Attached: sekiro.jpg (620x300, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_O9eWwJnU
youtube.com/watch?v=jJoeat3fCfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love how it's exposing so many people

It's a solid 8.5 out of 10.
The game has the same issues that every souls game has, teleporting grab enemy attacks, getting hit behind walls, and unfair retard tier design boss fights.
Basically, you just have to pick the boss bit by bit while being punished for every mistake by getting half of your health removed. And here it's 10x worse because you can't grind and buff your character in any way. And it makes senes in dark souls because you're suppose to be killing these omnipotent gods and it's suppose to feel unfair, but here it's where the design is more grounded it's just shows how stupid this design is.

>unfair retard tier design boss fights
Sounds like you just need to git gud

Attached: 1548719446919.gif (186x186, 2.99M)

nah dude I'm at the old grandma boss, beat the other mini bosses with no hustle. It's just the way the game is designed. And in the souls world it made sense, here it's just stupid and obvious.

last night i was stuck on ogre for hours and i was thinking about complaining about how BS it is and why the devs are trash but its not that i was messing up and i found where i was fucking up and then i improved.

its not a game thats gonna let you beat a boss without thinking outside the box and DS players are trying to play it like Souls when its not a Souls game the fact theres no stamina bar and you can always escape from a fight with grapple, your parry is your main defense vs DS when its your roll, faster paced, if you dont handle a mob quickly you either die, run away, or pull of some fast paced combo wipe them out and feel yourself getting better.

Sorry I rambled but its not DS stop trying to play DS when youre playing Sekiro

Attached: tenor.gif (400x260, 560K)

Haven't gotten all that far yet but I really dislike how fighting more than one enemy is basically suicide.

Protip: Kill the bosses by a burst of posture damage, not poking a bit hit by hit like a souls-tard

the grandma literally does a total posture recovery move in her second phase.

I always knew a lot of the Souls players were cheesy weenies that have never seriously played a fighting game before and now I’m feeling extremely validated

It's almost like there's some sort of stealth mechanic to pick off enemies

You can completely break her in between the illusion summonings.

well yeah, it's not impossible, as I was saying it's just "nfair retard tier design boss fights". If you stay at it for long enough, you'll pass it, yay. Still doesn't make it good.

You have a jump button that propels you out of harm's way instantly.
What more do you want?

I thought the Grandma Boss was decent but the mini bosses before her that had like 8 other goons with them was fucking stupid. I had to cheese the drunk dude

How is a boss having patterns you need to learn to do well retarded design? lmao
You sound like a retard yourself

> If you stay at it for long enough, you'll pass it, yay.
Sounds like a "git gud" issue to me

alternatively you can keep whining and poking her health to make sure that posture damage sticks

or you can leave that boss for a while, get more snap seeds and instantly pass the illusion phases

>or you can leave that boss for a while, get more snap seeds and instantly pass the illusion phases

you really dont even need them, just run away from the ghosts/boss during the illusion phase and stand behind a pillar when she shoots all the ghost spirits at you

But there's NPC that can fight with you? Did no one notice the weeb standing right outside the drunkard's boss area? Goes to show op didn't even play the game

Can you restart levels like you can in dark souls? Usually the way I play is I will go as far in a level as I can with out getting a single hit on me. If I get hit I turn around and reset at a bondfire because I know I am not ready to proceed.

but that's only one part of the design, and boss fights had that since forever you deluded fanboy.
dude you're missing the point, I'm not looking for tactic advice, I'll beat the stupid boss and the game no doubt, I'm talking about the games design principals being stupid, and when you take off the mask of horror and magical world building that the souls games have, it's way more apparent.

>actual 16th century japanese man
>weeb

I never said you need them, just implied it makes it slightly easier for shitters for need every aid they can get

Do NPCs increase boss health in this game? In Souls most of them are useless and only makes fights harder

Weeb has just become a generic insult with no real meaning outside of "something something japan" since redditors invaded a few years ago.

>but that's only one part of the design, and boss fights had that since forever you deluded fanboy.
And your argument is?

learn to read coherently kid, might do you good.

The first weebs were the starving Paleolithic Korean hunter gatherers who washed ashore on the island ten thousand years ago.

Friendly reminder that if you EVER needed to summon a player in a Soulsborne then you are a piece of shit casual and deserve to be shamed.

How to heal dragonrot?

When I play Sekiro like I play Dark Souls I have no fun

I feel like this is the kind of game you need to make your own fun out what you are given
I am liking it though and I have only played for like 2 hours

Attached: 1517523131882.png (251x201, 7K)

Yeah, psh.... That kid... He really is... a buddy... Not understanding your genius...

wow....

Stop typing like a faggot and your ideas might garner a bit more respect.

>so retarded he can't make a coherent argument to save his life
>blames my reading comprehension
You're not getting a single more (You) from me, buddy

This is the true "git gud" Soulsborne.

Does summoning tarkus count?

>....
>redditspacing
fuck off faggot

Just talk to Emma. She'll ask for a blood sample. You can find one from the old lady who gave you a bell.

Yeah, no shit, it's basically a different kind of game at this point. Souls tactics will get you nowhere.

Yes. Golem is ez.

thanks for proving me right.

trade with merchant inside pot

Amazing.

>Souls tactics will get you nowhere
>attack
>dodge
>attack
I did this and it was very easy
I am talking about under utilizing stealth and not being creative enough on your gameplay

>hurr durr just spend 20 tries learning the telegraphs bro
>play like a retard and fill the hugely padded boss stagger bar bro
>what do you mean you got countered and killed in 2 hits? that's just the game!
>that iframe window doesnt work on THESE SPECIFIC bosses bro lol
>that thing thats not iframes for you? yeah its ok for the boss
Artificial difficulty at its finest

Attached: general-naomori-kawarada-danger-sekiro.jpg (1920x1080, 353K)

Kek, anyone complaining is just playing on Xbox and never got to play Bloodborne.

this

Yes there a idols you rest at that fill your resources and respawn enemies. I did that constantly while trying to get through the Shinobi Hunter.

>Kawarada
that dude was easy as fuck lmao
holy fuck off yourself

Acquire proficiency

>not being creative enough on your gameplay
im gonna join this conversation and add something, a lot of people ive been talking to about the game are just doing dodge,roll and then they say "Bad DS copy cant do it" because they try to play DS when this isnt that.

in my opinion this game gives the player more creative freedom with the way they go about taking someone down, in DS the only thing i ever see people do is roll i hardly ever see the parry mechanic used on bosses. In this game you only get better by timing your parries in DS you timed your rolls

THIS

STOP ACTING LIKE A KNIGHT AND ACT LIKE A SHINOBI

Keep moving, keep jumping, do not spend to long on the ground attacking, its so much easier once you make use of the space at your disposal

Its about clearing an area like a ninja, not dueling like a knight

Honeslty if you grew up with even DMC this isn't too hard to grasp

The people who are finding this really hard have only ever played Souls games

Not him but yeah he is easy. I'm at the point where i just like to see Tarkus slap his shit.

>Shinobi Hunter
What's the closest way to him that you've found?

Hey, weren't you that moron I refuted in another thread by breaking down ways to upgrade your character and make things easier? Or are you another impressionable scrub perpetuating his disingenuous cack?

bosses don't have iframes, they have super armor
also it's while they're doing certain attacks so you don't just go ham and stunlock them
focus on parrying and punishing the end of attack strings rather than spamming r1 like a brainlet

try that with a spear user, i dare you

I'd be fine with no i frames if enemies didn't have retarded DS2-tier tracking

>its the same fucking game for the 6TH FUCKING TIME
WHY ARE PEOPLE FALLING FOR THIS SHIT FOR THE 6TH FUCKING TIME

Help bros should i be doing Hirata Estate as soon as i get the bell or continue main path?

My big issue is that helping people through areas as a white/gold phantom was 80% of my fun in Souls games. I enjoy Sekiro, but I don't know if it'll have the same longevity for me. I have at least 150+ hours in every single souls game, including SOTFS and remastered, almost exclusively because of fashion souls and helping nooberts through the game.

I replied to your retarded arguments that made no sense and you never replied back, so I closed that thread.

Estate Path idol, if you go through the main road there's a shortcut gate you can open from the other side.
You can skip a bunch of enemies but you always have to deal with the 2 shield dudes, also should probably take out the bandits knocking on the door.

Brainlets need to realise that Sekiro isnt a sequel to Dark Souls but to Tenchu

And thats why its great

Attached: 1530870081868.png (348x348, 174K)

yeah we're pretty much in agreement

the stealth-seeking ai in this is really dumb so stealth is the best tool you got

>same game
it's not the same as
>same fundamentals
brainlet, get help

just play lmao, don't fucking worry about petty shit like that

this guy is right

>iframes
no such thing

which one was that, the one before the ogre or after it?

I can't get the sample from the old lady but I got one from a merchant

Game is alright but I don’t like the setting

Thank you this is my preferred way to practice and I was wondering if it wouldn’t let me train the way I do in dark souls.

Yeah, until the game specifically asks you to duel a ogre or some general. Then all the sudden you're a ninja trying to fight like a knight and the shit combat punishes you for it.

>>iframes
>no such thing
What could he mean by this

>Tenchu
should i play tenchu after this is it good??

super armor, git good

>hurr the fudamentals are different!
No, it isn't. Its the same game cloned for the 6th fucking time. Stop being a NPC and have an opinion. I know you think the cock is tasty, but stop being a faggot NPC and form an opinion of your own before regurgitating someone elses.

The criticism that "I don't like the setting" is a pretty weak one i m o.

I wouldn't normally care about Russian aristocracy, but I still think Anna Karenina is the best novel I've ever read

game is literally r1 spam for 90% of the time

Souls games always looked gay but I'm gonna buy this

Can you read? Do you not know what iframes are?

The problem with most of you retards is the game is made to be played like a Souls game because of its mechanics
sure you can run away, but you're still left with limited health options (again)
Teleporting defeats the difficulty of each level (again)
Tracking and hitting thru walls is STILL a problem
The "stealth" is outrageously stupid
Enemies are STILL leashed
And Jumping just shows how awful their game design is
it doesn't help that you can't really create your own style when the game limits you so much

>furious shitters outing themselves because they can’t over level or summon

Attached: 21769A76-2ABA-4FE5-A05F-95439303ACD3.gif (275x267, 1.94M)

>literally quotes wrong and misunderstands the entire post
I said the fundamentals are the same
Again, get some help you miserable idiot

It feels like doing a deprived run for an entire game. Not even ZOMG SO HARD but just boring because you have to pussyfoot around every encounter because you’re weak compared to your enemies.

Every direction I can go I'm getting rocked by a boss. The headless, the bull, and the butterfly lady

Sounds like someone who’s literally never played Tenchu

lol yeah one trick ponies can't deal with having to vary up their approach for encounters it's sad. Combat's such a massive improvement over Souls shit and the game's got one of the least shit parry system I've seen outside of pvp stuff, very well implemented

i thought you were talking about bosses having iframes, which they dont, my bad
havent seen enough of the tracking to comment

>The problem with most of you retards is the game is made to be played like a Souls game because of its mechanics
Stopped reading here

It’s not a criticism, it’s an opinion.

HEEEEELP SHE IS NASTY

Attached: ladybutterfly.jpg (300x168, 8K)

how do you get to the bull wo killing the lady butterfly?

Is there a trick for the shield faggots or do I have to wait 25 seconds for them to swing/charge at me? Why cant I grapple their shields away for fucks sake?

Where even is she? I just got past the bull

cringe
based

Attached: bald.jpg (400x402, 40K)

>HOW DO I KILL THIS STEAMING PILE OF SHIT
Im going crazy i died like easily 30 times to this ball of grease even with the ehlp of the samurai npc i cant kill him /v HELP

Attached: se.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Where do I get fire to kill that Ogre?

But have you tried to kill ingeniously?

They honestly don't or I would have dropped it. You are probably confusing the animations compensating. DS2 tier tracking is the enemy literally slides around mid swing and follows u like hes a turret locked on. This game doesn't do that. And thank god it doesn't.

tfw too dumb for the combat system so I just cheese every boss

Bell memory

Listen to me you young shitter, if you wanna end that old bitch's life, literally spam sidestep>attack and you'll stunlock that old hag like she has never been in her entire life.

Why do Cuckiro shills keep repeating this meme?

there never was iframes just a more accurate damage model

Attached: Sekiro Public Demo Hitboxes.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

>saying all of this
>reddit spacing
Yikes.

I'm too retarded for perilous attacks
>get some weeb red katana over my head
>enemy does a sweeping attack
>jump like I think I'm supposed to
>attack afterwards
>nothing happens anyway

what's the point

>go up high
>look for enemies
>find stragglers, sneak down and kill
>go back up, look for a flanking route for a group
>approach, look for archers and kill them first
>if enemies are startled or come at you 1 at a time keep killing, otherwise retreat
>break Line of sight
>repeat
Niggas ever ninja before?

It’s the shittiest souls game I’ve ever seen. Ands that’s saying something since ds2 exists

I kept going forward after fighting the horseback boss. Gyoubu is the only boss who I waylaid with no trouble.

Technically ninjas were mega cowards so it's not immersion breaking. I remember some Japanese history story about a ninja who acquired a job as a steward for 10 years or some ungodly amount of time like that all just so he could get close to a shogun or something to poison him then he fled. They were maximum cowards.

This isn't a skyrim thread todd.

I haven't played it yet but I have a feeling this is gonna be one of FROM's pleb filter games (like Deracine) rather than a crowdpleaser (like Bloodborne).

Pls respond they aren't difficult I just hate having two minute fights waiting for these dickweeds to open themselves for attacks

Sekirofags keep shitting on Souls even though its the only reason why people were interested in Sekiro in the first place. Seems like the buyers remorse is already settling in for this kusoge

That's pretty much a compliment since Souls is and always has been utter garbage so the more it distances itself from those games the better

The game literally says to kill ingeniously but all these shitters keep trying to play like souls.

hey guys completed the game. I died many times and it took me 15 hours straight play.

Attached: 1552857595831s.jpg (125x119, 3K)

I did write one, but accidentally deleted it. So for your sake, I'll rewrite it in its entirety.
>none increase damage, they're purely contextual and I still haven't noticed one skill that makes an actual difference.

They open up a LOT of options for defeating enemies. Go try out the Senpou skills and see if they don't make a serious difference by burning Posture.
>>prayer beads are dropped by mini bosses that don't respawn, I don't get what you're aiming at pleb
You can't grind those, but you still get permanent buffs from them. What, you wanted an unlimited supply?
>sugar could be useful, still doesn't change the core game design flaws
So you're admitting you're a troglodyte who hoards buffs and never uses them?

>attachments are pretty helpful for some mini bosses, but they're the only new thing in the game.

They're good for killing mobs and even disabling bosses. Know how I know you haven't found Firecrackers and the Spear yet? And you're not even right about attachments being the innovation in this game, that would be the Posture system which allows OHKOs regardless of remaining health.

But this isn't a souls game though?

Imagine typing a post like this out without a hint of irony

Lmao idiot. It was made by the souls developers. Are you too stupid to recognize the dev name?

That post itself is pleb filter. The fact that it made you mad has identified you as a pleb.

HAHAHAHA the fucking asspain from one trick pony soulsshitters makes this game all the better

Not sure if it's pleb filter but they put considerably more effort into the story, setting, and atmosphere so it's kind of ironic watching people say it's not interesting. Also it's the most honest combat theyve had to date. I think it's most just exposing people for being frauds that cheesed through Souls moreso than any actual pleb filter. I'm sure some plebs will beat it.

>isn't a souls game
>designed like one
>uses assets like one
>some enemies are even prototype enemies from DaS 3 or BB
good shit

This game is way too hard, people will hate it.

It's cringe you think some awful VR game is a "pleb filter" lmfao, you've been here too long, the contrarianism has rotted your brain

Really enjoying the game, stuck at the spear guy on the horse but I was making progress, able to get him down to inches from death but I get too greedy/impatient.

Is it me or does this game have a bug where the sound just starts to cut out?

You literally know nothing about the game so don't speak about it, stupid cunt

>made to be played like Souls

Every one of you fuckers who dares to entertain this notion should be banished from this board until they deprogram themselves and undergo Soulsborne chemo. The mechanical and psychological differences are so incredibly stark it's like arguing Get Out is a comedy because Jordan Peele directed it.

THE LADY BUTTERFLY IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL WTF. THIS IS HARDER THAN DS3 DLC BOSS

literally the only boss/miniboss in this game that I oneshot was horseguy

Attached: 1552255507841.jpg (400x400, 31K)

>literally the only boss/miniboss in this game that I oneshot was horseguy
Nice job, man. I just gotta be more patient, and I'll get him.

Because no one cares about your VR game Miyazaki, it flopped, now fuck off little contrarian

This game is broken lads, I tried to kill this giant fat dude 30 times and he hasn't died yet so I'm pretty sure there is a bug preventing him from dying.
I do NOT suck at this game.

No its not. You seem to think it playing similar means your combat style should be the same. Its a stealth game. Pretty much every boss in the game can be stealth killed.

is m+kb really shit for this

Get Out is clearly a comedy though you idiot. The entire conceit of the movie is like an extended comedy sketch, it just has tonally jarring dramatic scenes crowbarred in.

im quite far in and the only fuckers that have gave me problems (still not killed them) are ashania seven spears, guy hits too fucking hard, the guy casting all the purple orb in the underground section, dont have enough confetti for thatt, and theres a sitting monk that pops a snake outof him, ive deathblowed him twice but he still resses, also hes fucking bullshit, does he die? is he worth killing?

Ok this is what you need to do

1. go in and kill all the enemies around but do not ask for help from the npc

2.Then runaway like the bitch you are and wait for him to turn around and stab him

3. after you stab him run to the npc and ask for help and just spam r1 on his back gg ez

or you could just git gud and learn to parry because its gonna help in the other bosses

Attached: 1549783429151.png (651x798, 714K)

It’s better than 3 for sure.

I'm just not really feeling it. Souls was better.
Sekiro is good, but... not great.

>15 hours
Glad I pirated.

This was clearly made by the B team...

>game that refused to pander to retard game journalists and manchildren flopped
Your point is? Says nothing about the quality

>no customization
>no female protag
>no weapon variety
activision is a mistake desu

>even dilating trannies think this game is a bit easy
>meanwhile Yea Forums can’t stop screeching “ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY”
What a bizarre timeline.

Fucking agreed this game sucks actual dick

Welp thanks to ginchichirou or w/e his name is, nearly all the npcs ive met are infected now. I checked up on the grandma and she and her son were dead, was that because of dragonrot or no? Will all my npcs die if I dont cure them?

Play grabass with his minions and kill them
Keep hiding and he will lose interest in you
Backstab
Make him chase you to the samurai guy hiding by the pond
Double team his fat ass
If he doesn’t follow you it will reset you backstab point, make sure he follows you.

>A board that doesn't play videogames because it's more concerned with their delusion of seeing them fail is shit at videogames
Imagine my shock!

It refused to pander to people who like good games as well, literally Life is Strange-tier
But of course some internet mouthbreather would pretend its better than Bloodborne for some reason? Even though no one gives a fuck about it? You're obviously one of those people who gets off on talking about obscure games no one likes

Nigger go get the axe from that shrine in the bell world.

Ok so I’m at the Ashina Reservoir, killed shadowman and unlocked the dungeon bonfire. Then I got the spear prosthetic, now I’m trying to fight the Seven Spear motherfucker.

I’m assuming jumping from that abyss in the dungeon leads to the Corrupted Monk area, and I should complete Ashina Reservoir first?

tfw can't play because i bought the ps4 version and my fucking hard drive coiscently corrupted
and i can't torrent for shit

>tfw cucked myself hard
>didn't want to pirate but also didn't want to pay full price so I bought it for 40 bucks on a key site
>it's not that fun compared to Souls
>can't return it now, should've just pirated it or bought at full price so I can refund

I'm the biggest idiot on the planet

Attached: 1523663522467.png (728x758, 31K)

Most bosses recover posture damage rapidly until you get them below half health, you have to poke them thered be no way to outpace their posture recovery

no its good

To me there’s nothing they added to the game to make up for all the shit they removed. It’s fun enough but I’m probably gonna forget it when I’m done with it.

> I'm talking about the games design principals being stupid
Aha, in other words you need to git gud and you are not taking it well at all. Gotcha.

On the contrary, the journos enjoyed it. Even said that this game was perfect for them because it’s easier than Dark Souls. And look at what’s happening here on Yea Forums - The Vidya

Yea Forums is bad at video games. Why do you think get gud became such a meme here? Anyone with the barest level of competence yhinks theyre good simply because everyone here is so shit.

They only do that when they're standstill. Don't give them a moment to breathe.

I played a souls game and this just seems easier, especially with the stealth.

>Oh, Nolan North's in The Last Of Us? LOL he must be voicing the hero!

desperate need to git gud: the post

Attached: 1540318786484.png (450x472, 189K)

>Game isn't popular so it must be bad
Fucking hell you are a bore.

Honestly I wouldn't have any real issue with it if it wasn't for the fact that dying has a consequence beyond just losing stuff yourself. I could live with not being able to do a death run to get my shit back but the dragon aids thing is a consequence too far.

It makes picking enemies off far more important, but the level design and really mechanics of the stealth don't work that well. I want actual confirmation on this, but after they know you're in the area, they will at random either be effected by eyeline or be completely uneffected. That's not to mention the minbosses who once you hit them will always track you unless you flee across the map. Which is fair when you've already gotten a killing blow in, less when they accidentally damage themselves on something.

I'm still progressing and it might be nostalgia, but I remember Tenchu being far better in terms of stealth than this.

Not really, this is not Souls, you can’t play it at your own pace, you have to keep the pressure on the bosses or at least the more humanoid ones, that is key to beating Lady Butterfly and the Shadow guy at the well, you need to push them into doing attacks that you CAN counter, like if you keep hitting Lady Butterly she will do a counter kick spin, if you parry that it will do a lot of posture damage.

do you ever get more NPCs then the training guy and the woman?

chained ogre is scary

What a reductionist comment. I can see why a brainlet like you would prefer a VR fairy game over an actual game like Bloodborne

yikes

I didn't say it was better than Bloodborne, only that it's very good and obviously has less mass appeal than BB. Stop being a sensitive little bitch

No, it's a fucking horror film with some comic relief in between. There is absolutely NOTHING funny about the final scenes except some very dark humor about racial cliches (e.g. the 'police car').

You're either 30 minutes into the game or you just havent been paying attention. The game explicitly tells you you NEED to start chipping bosses health before you go for their posture because they innately recover it quickly, not because of that standstill move. I dare you to show me footage of you fighting butterfly or genichiro without touching their vitality. Youd be fighting them all god damn day because they recover it too rapidly no matter how hard you stay on their asses.

Attached: IMG_20181005_220935.jpg (640x853, 45K)

Anyone?

It's not good though, and calling something bad a "pleb filter" doesn't make it good

Well there’s the training zombie bro.

>this is not souls
>this is not souls
>this is not souls
>this is not souls

yes it is. It's pretty much a souls game which has been stripped of its soul.

horse man is fucking my shit up, any tips???. So far this game is like 100x harder than soulsborne. That teleport ogre grab fuck my ass a few too many times.

nioh is better

Explain how it's bad

So it’s not a Souls game is what you are saying

Holy fuck one armed blue robbed dude in the first memory literally doesnt stop swinging. It also seems you can't parry him for shit because he's so relentless. Any tips?

Attached: cef.jpg (476x479, 37K)

>wah why isn't there i-frames
filthy casuals

You rescue a dude who stays there, sells shit. He is in the castle. Most other NPCs are in the field, like the medicine woman in the dungeon. The sad crying dude on the mountain. Isshin in the castle, some old bitch also on that mountain who wants rice or something maybe sake.

You can’t play it like Dark Souls or Bloodborne, just like how Bloodborne’s gameplay differs from DS, Sekiro has a different playstyle than BB and DS. It’s extremely fast-paced compared to both, there’s an actual stealth mechanic that is supposed to be used, etc

I think you're definitely missing the tone of that film. The entire thing is a silly satire of liberal middle class white people envying and patronising black people. Peele made the horrendous choice of adding tearful scenes in order to give his very silly comedy film more credence.

It's a shitty linear VR game with a terrible "muh feelz" story. I'm not going to waste time singling out every piece of corn in the shit, the fact you brought it up as a pleb filter shows that your taste is suspect.

Right, so you know nothing about it and you're just shitposting. Glad we got that cleared up

this game is very hard if you are coming from souls

let me explain: the dash/dodge is shit. like, on purpose, it has zero iframes. you WANT to not move and spam L1.

no really, it isnt frame perfect, but parries also build posture. and dodging gives you...nothing. the only time you dodge is for a grab.

VERY unintuitive as a souls player.

I want this but haven't paid full price for a game in a long time (and I've never paid £50 full price, the most I've ever paid is £40 and I found a distate for that pretty quickly). I still haven't played Dark Souls 3. I was going to get it after finally finishing the DS2 DLC but DS2 was pretty horrible so I never did bother.

Is DS3 cheap somewhere now this is out?

>stealth mechanic
the press duck and walk slow until a red blob appears. fucking awesome gameplay

>that obvious discord raid to besmirch this game.

The random "it's bad" comments are so obviously disingenuous.

oh good so its like the witcher 2

Who would win in a fight, Chosen Undead or Wolf?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

no, it's not that bad

Like I said, have fun bringing up your nothing game that no one cares about. Just don't be surprised when people call you on your shit when you name-drop bad games and act like no one plays them simply because they're hidden gems. Sometimes games are just bad.

How do people have difficulties with Shinobi Hunter? Don't they have the forward lunge parry you get early on?

reminder, parries are not frame perfect

you can spam L1 for a flurry but you gain posture if it isn't a perfect parry. this is how I dealt with the butterfly lady, and jumping for the unblockable attacks.

It took me like 20 tries to beat that ogre, but feels good. Reminds me of my first time playing Demon's Souls.

what fucking key site did you already get it for 40 bucks?
and i thought you could refund keys on steam

>or summon their butt buddies
There is NPC "summons"

once you realize you are supposed to parry instead of dodge/roll, then you are playing the game properly.

the dash SUCKS, you do not want to rely on it. zero iframes. example: incoming slashes: L1 L1 L1 L1 (hits parried)

if it's slow, just use a single L1 to avoid posture on yourself.

How the FUCK do i beat the junkyard drunktard some shit the fat guy who spits poision there is like a billion other guys around him and the one fucking uselesss nigga with me doesn't help

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

I WANT TO PLAY SEKIRO NOW
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>le wait for enemy to attack so you can parry him to death
Cringe as fuck tbqh

does this game have stamina?

Sure, it's a satire in the same way Gulliver's Travels is one; depressing, disturbing and with some dark humor. The funny moments are funny, but Peele's trying to punch you in the gut with stuff like the kidnappings and the auction scene, not tickle you.

Anyway, we should conclude this discussion before we derail this thread into Yea Forums.

No. Instead it has posture.

Troll thread. The game is easy as hell. If you're used to souls games, this is a walk in the park.

Every enemy, barring mini/actual bosses, can be killed in 1 hit

You can just spiderman away from danger whenever you feel like it. Enemies can't reach you.

If you die, you can just resurrect, sometimes twice in a row.

Parrying is super easy and liberal on the window

Blocking is extremely effective

You can run really fast with no limiter like stamina to prevent you from doing hit and run

Very easy game. Not sure why fags are pretending it isn't.

You did ring the bell, right user? you don't play the game on easy mode do you?

Attached: (1)sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.22 - 12.22.01.97.png (666x375, 465K)

It has Posture, which works more like defense/armor as it leaves you or enemies vulnerable when it's depleted. You can spam attacks otherwise, though bosses will punish you for this.

>Guardian Ape comes back for round 2 in the depths
PLEASE GOD NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1538709269905.jpg (500x565, 16K)

What does it do?

I'm not this far but what the fuck does the bell do

Do life and attack upgrades actually matter in this game? Or it's merely so that endgame bosses will 2 hit you just like early game ones instead of 1 hittng?

>tfw no summons to ez the whole game

Attached: fug.png (500x500, 213K)

Just beat the ogre without dodging or jumping. Literally just had to sprint when he starts any animation.

Attached: 1536576323513.jpg (751x902, 57K)

That's true. And the game is worse for it.
Sekiro is less fun to play than Soulsborne and has a less interesting setting too. There's also no character creation and no weapons/etc. to find.

It's just a lesser game.

What are the two pink circles bottom left corner? One is a leaf and the other looks like a snowflake.

Record your fight against o'rin of the water and we'll see how easy it is then.

cool bosses

Attached: meme.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

Oh my fucking God, there's two of them this time.

Attached: 1468469790430.jpg (616x680, 242K)

That chained ogre was a bitch before I realized there was a sprint button. Nioh prepared me for this game more than souls did.

>Honestly I wouldn't have any real issue with it if it wasn't for the fact that dying has a consequence
you learn to cure the dragon rot 1-2 hours into the game

They help a LOT when dealing damage increases posture loss. One bonus can spell the difference between a balanced fight and a curbstomp.

>killing a crow
>[LOUD COMBAT MUSIC STARTS PLAYING]

Now I know why From made their games only have music on bosses.

Attached: y.jpg (625x352, 34K)

Hard mode.

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.22 - 12.30.42.94 (2).png (914x697, 867K)

if only I didn't go nuts trying to dodge with circle and realize the game wants you to stand and parry

no wonder the dash sucks

Do you have to learn mikiri counter or do you start with it? I may have started the boss fight with the shinobi hunter too early.

You have 2 revives. One revive is given for resting at the statue and the other revive can be reused whenever you kill an enemy or wait for it to recharge.

I love this game. The general dude and Shinobi hunter dude that drop beads both killed me like 6-8 times though and now i have dragon rot level two so i'm fucking pissed. Still it felt GREAT to beat those guys, and healing in early game is reeeeeally tough, you really have to start playing good as soon as possible because conserving your hp here is more important than ever in any other souls game.

Also for those who are saying it's not a souls game or souls-like. For me it is, at least so far.

IMO the only difference is the AI and the combat. All the items are the fucking same i mean come on.

>healing salve you can upgrade to heal more
>items (prosphetics) you can upgrade
>various consumables similar to souls
>that item that is literally a gold coin that boosts item discovery
>that item that is literally a homeward bone LITERALLY
>you can fast-travel from points the same as bonfires
>parts of the area of the game you are in get blocked of by some kind of illusionary looking wall THAT IS SIMILAR TO "FOG GATES" in souls

I mean it's literally a souls game. I love it.

Attached: file.png (2560x1440, 3.8M)

It's a Souls game, but the weakest of them all so far imo. Not by much, but I'd still rate it under even DaS II and Demon's Souls.

Yeah because you get better, not just from trial and error lol
Stop acting like it ain’t got SOUL

PEEPEE HARD

you cant blame them for going in thinking it will be soulsborne - which it isnt.
but you can blame them for not adapting. the obvious irony being that soulsborne is entrenched in a gitgud culture yet they are whining like little faggots and blaming the game. fucking hilarious

dark souls teaches you to roll/dodge attacks

this game teaches you dodging is bad, and that's why people will have a hard time until you stand and spam the parry.

Nioh is shit
was only good during the alpha
they nerfed everything to babymode on release

You have to hit jump on the enemy like you would doing a wall jump. It does some stamina damage and you can get an attack in.

>Not by much, but I'd still rate it under even DaS II and Demon's Souls.
lmao fag
BB>DeS=Ds1>Ds2>>>>>DS3
haven't placed sekiro yet but def equal to ds2 at least

>no character creation
God forbid a game tries to tell a compelling story without a shoehorned self-insert.

>no weapons to find
Come the fuck on, really? Prosthetics are streamlined versions of extra weapons that you have to find. Don't tell me you're with the same tribe of dimwits who rushed into boss battles before finding new toys.

>DS2 > DS3 in any case
Yep you're a retard

so the way the parry works is after hitting L1 you have a parry active for several frames

it is not frame perfect

so L1 L1 L1 (attack) L1 will still result in a parry.

Nah.

DS1 >> BB >>>>>> DS3 >> DeS >>>>>>>>>> DS2 >> Sekiro

>enemy charges at me
>dodge
>not only does lock on just fucks up and the camera moves away, the enemy instantly turns around to hit me

Attached: 1552090218982.png (960x838, 182K)

I've found this hard to pull off, even in training vs the undead guy it just seems to be not very consistent.

There's actually dodge needed for evading some things, it's useful vs arrows and most importantly thrust attacks.

I haven't played either of those so I can't say.

Attached: file.jpg (2560x1440, 953K)

Where do I find more Spirt confetti? I've used the 4 I found before dying to headless.

I never said differently did I?

>Spend 10 minutes learning enemy moveset until you learnt what move can be countered and what move can be dodged
>Counter and dodge every move until you beat it
>Rinse and repeat until you encounter a new enemy and have to respend 10 minutes to learn moveset

Attached: 1528669414666.jpg (446x453, 122K)

oh god how do you get rid of it ?

I unironically regret buying this game because I find myself to not really enjoy it, which I didn't expect at all given that I loved all previous Souls titles.

This is just lacking in so many areas.

Dark Souls didn't invent i-frames, good action games typically have i-frames to encourage offensive play

they made the dodge shit on purpose to encourage parries

at least, that's my theory

Are you GENUINELY going to take the stance that Sekiro's story is "compelling"? That Wolf is in any way shape or form a character? His entire personality is "muh lord" and he doesn't even respond to NPCs half of the time.

Yeah, just like those faggots who call everyone they don't agree with redditors.

Attached: 1551633864775.gif (390x220, 1.6M)

Then you missed the point of Gulliver's Travels as well, which is pure dark humour all the way - satire in the Western European tradition, like Madame Bovary, where the subject matter and tone is grim only to underscore the point of the satire. Even the "omg so depressing" talking horse section is a piss-take.

It literally says how to in the image you brainlet

I think this will be the forgotten one in a few years because it's just not that good.

ds2 didn't pretend to be amazing
and it actually brought some new and interesting stuff das3bab
garbage opinion

Fifteen tries later and I beat the butterfly

>Even said that this game was perfect for them because it’s easier than Dark Souls
How the fuck did they come to that conclusion, were the review copies set to easy mode or some shit? This game is way harder than any souls game

Man guardian monkey takes for ever, is there a trick to it? I notice the trees all around

It's honestly badass to be able to actually clash with a fucking boss as opposed to having to dodge everything or just get fucked anyways

Just furthers the argument that everyone on Yea Forums is casuals to the point where IGN can do circles around them

>can't grind or buff your character
if you do this in souls you suck at them

tfw Yea Forumsirgins are legit worse at games than game journos.

Attached: 13b.jpg (1369x1183, 338K)

>yet another "stealth game" that's really just an action game with shitty half-baked stealth mechanics
I hate this industry.

I don't think this game teaches you that at all. There are some enemies where jumping absolutely let's them do nothing. It's just in sekiro it's more dynamic and parrying is way cooler. Git gud.

Emma lewds when

only the pc fats

>the game is not good
Takes one to know one.

Attached: 1353623446750.jpg (640x480, 27K)

My absolute favorite part of this release is that it casts a bright fucking spotlight on anyone who had never heard of the name "From" until Dark Souls came out. Names mean something to these people, unlike other companies that will make the same game with a different name over and over. Armored Core is not Dark Souls is not Demon Souls is not Bloodborne is not etc. While some of them were obviously similar all in a row, Dark Souls getting 3 games established in zoomer minds that "FromSoft makes Souls games" and the fact that Bloodborne was similar but not Dark Souls didn't help. So now here comes Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and every mouthbreathing fuck who thought Dark Souls was "a hard game" is looking for Dark Souls: Die Twice. Like holy fuck it's not going to be a Souls game. Drop that expectation completely and stop comparing them and you'll realize that the game isn't actually hard, you're just playing Dark Souls in Devil May Cry. Move around, jump, parry, stop fucking dodging unless its a move that is specifically designed to call upon that mechanic.

this
its why Im on the fence to get it, Im too use too the handicaps we had in the souls series

Attached: 48456.png (417x619, 442K)

I found the fish scale guy, anyone know what the mask does?

It's an action game first. And incorporating stealth mechanics is fucking good, makes the game dynamic. why do you just want one linear way to play the game? I don't get it

I just got into playing this game having never played any Souls games before. Not gonna lie guys it's pretty fucking hard but I'm loving the scenery and story. I just passed the big fucking dude who was chained to a post . Took me about 20 tries to beat him but I did it.

>mfw

Attached: 1411769531131.jpg (126x121, 4K)

Anyone reached the end of the game yet? Most people keep talking about the early game stuff.
I think i'm gonna go explore Senpo temple rather than complete the castle, this shit is tough. I think you can actually get to the boss room by scaling the outside of the castle, which is cool.

>Jump
>Kick
>Deathblow
Is so satisfying

it does though, I am having far more fun/ease now by focusing on parries

the only thing I dodge is the red symbol attacks. everything is a lot easier with the parries. and you can L1 spam before it hits and still get one off. Just L1 the slow ones with a single press.

You did it without the fire upgrade? Pretty good user, I gave up at like 10th try, went exploring and came back later with upgrades and beat his ass then

I DID IT
I FUCKING DID IT
FUCK YOU AND YOUR BITCH
Jesus fucking Christ, I have to go jack off after this

Attached: 20190322155456_1.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

That doesn't mean dodging is bad, its situational like everything else. God forbid it isn't a do it all button.

Were Souls faggots a mistake?

Attached: 1395514961607.gif (300x264, 1.82M)

I can't wait til the advertising budget for shill threads runs out.

Anyone tried to the sparkler arm? It's basically a get out of gang rape free card and can stun like 6 enemies at once. It's great.

Stealth games are a genre unto themselves and I'm tired of seeing half-baked stealth systems in every fucking aciton game under the sun while the genre itself is left to rot.

>oh wow I can move slowly in return for trivial instakills on easy enemies, what a mechanical revelation
I bet you enjoy garbage open world games like Far Cry too.

Does ringing the demon bell activate hard mode?

>all those faggots saying the game was gonna be casual as fuck before launch
>it ends up being harder than any of the other souls games

Attached: 1547846172771.png (636x915, 827K)

Yeah especially sodapoppin

>new game that everyone was hyped for comes out
>s-shills everywhere!
You're a special kind of retard, aren't you

BEING THIS MUCH OF A SCRUB KEK

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's exactly how most people play Souls games.

Attached: dsp_SHAKE SHAKE_face.gif (211x168, 1.51M)

yep, everything after DeS has been downhill because the genre itself is defined by its novelty

DSP is streaming right now and he is destroying the game

Dark Souls has temporarily damaged a generation of video game players.

I'm sorry it's not another wojak thread complaining about a dev's hair color.

They gave you better defensive and offensive options, and took away the need to grind for the ability to quickly and stylishly take out a boss and people COMPLAINED
Holy shit my sides.

The port actually seems decent on PC. I'm surprised I can run it at 4K at a smooth 60fps

Attached: 20190322154118_1.jpg (3840x2160, 626K)

Yeah and you can deactivate it if you want.

Sekiro is objectively a difficult game.
Dark Souls games are called "hard" only thanks to Namco marketing.

Attached: epic prepare to die edition my fellow gamers.jpg (2000x1414, 350K)

>start out
>kinda fun
>first bossish enemy
>3 super high tracking literal one shot grabs
Think I'm gonna skip this one lads

right, but people are going to have a miserable time if they rely on the dodge only. this game teaches you to unlearn all your souls mechanics (well, at least rolling for everything)

From a technical standpoint it's actually kinda ugly for a game released in 2019.

the axe prosthetic is straight out of bloodborne, feels like a switch attack.

Now theyre convinced not only that those games are hard, but that they are good at video games for beating them because they didn't die again and again and again, they just farmed souls until they could easily roll over the enemies.

if dsp can finish souls games, literally ANYONE can

Lady Butterfly is literally fucking impossible. Fuck this bullshit.

>IGN says Sekiro is easier than other Souls games
>even other gaming websites say it's more accessible than other Souls games
>yet Yea Forums is whining about the difficulty
So is it actually hard or not? Or is it just more forgiving than Souls games with deaths?

Attached: 1458105854308.jpg (250x213, 6K)

>Lone Shadow Swordsman
Why are some literal who mini-bosses stronger than any of the actual bosses? I had less problems with Lady Butterfly or Onigawa than with these fucks.

Attached: 1523771404968.jpg (497x373, 28K)

This is like Nioh but without the loot, it has that fast paced style, the arm swinging is fun, zipping and zoopin around, the flow of combat once you get the timing down is amazing to feel. Currently hoarding my skill points too see how far I can make it without spending them.

The samurai general? Run on the rooftops and surprise him from above to take off that first health bar.

if Ubisoft are smart they will copy Sekiro and do Assassins Creed but in Japan like this.

>Go to fight boss
>Can't read japanese
>Get killed
Thanks game.

Attached: 1502671362588.png (413x373, 379K)

Which boss is easier?
The bull or the drunkard?
Both are kicking my ass

Attached: 1533710465818.png (384x406, 249K)

Every enemy in this game is a "miniboss" but some are just a lot easier than others.

You know you can just defend? It's actually encouraged to keep your guard up because it replenishes your posture faster

It's more punishing because your health bar is so low and you can't just lean on your sippy cup to make it.

But you can spam parry and instant kill almost every enemy
Enemies don't even gang up on you
No true incentive to fight most enemies
Enemies are dumb: dont hear you, see you, stop persuing you, wait for you attack
How is it hard?

Just learn the moves and improve. I don't get this new mindset that dying or losing in a game is unacceptable. Even in a game where it is punished like this it was still intended.

the bull

I was losing my mind on her till it clicked: the "tip" they give you (sidestep and attack) is BULLSHIT. do this instead:

attack after dodging an unblockable attack

otherwise, stand and parry all her shit to build posture. spam L1 for flurries. for the adds phase, drag them to one side and then when they become orbs, hide behind a pillar on the opposite side.

with parry spam you can get a deathblow even above 50% but practice a few runs with L1 spam on her flurry attacks, to build up the meter.

>killing fishies
>suddenly camera auto locks on to something deep underwater with a boss health bar
NOPE'd the fuck out of that one real quick

Attached: IMG_20180630_161553.jpg (1022x1024, 99K)

>is a "miniboss"
No, actual bosses get the Shinobi Execution thing and drop Memories like Souls.

>blocking grabs
never gonna make it

Good luck spamming parry against bosses and mini-bosses

No, he's trivial. Just parry him and he dies.
Ogre bro is absolute horse shit though. Your dodge in this game is worthless and he has multiple grabs with massive hitboxes and tracking that literally one shot you. It's not any fun to fight him for minutes and then just fucking demolished.

It's much more "normal gamey" and it holds your hand a lot more in terms of guiding you on what to do. It that sense it's much more accessible.

>Get out of well and to the bridge
>Eavesdrop guards and they mention a secret passage under the bridge
>Get down to some door
>They cant even be interacted with
Okay what the fuck am I missing here?

Attached: 53512351231523.jpg (474x400, 28K)

Game is literally too easy

Is parry different from deflect? I'm just spamming LB I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing.

>Blighttown miniboss dies to poison

Attached: fam.png (1000x967, 2.29M)

>beat lady butterfly as my first boss
D-did I actually git gud, bros?

Attached: 1478723137790.jpg (699x485, 69K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_O9eWwJnU

watch how they do it, constant parry spam on flurries (it is not frame perfect)

I guess you stopped reading before "almost every enemy"

Lady butterfly is kicking the shit out of me

That fucker with the gun that stands in your way to that gun fortress is just a pain in the fucking ass, literally nothing works

>ok fuck it lemme try it again now that i got far on the "main world"
>fucking destroy her

>Gaurdian ape literally shits and farts on you

Bravo FROM

Attached: 1550031743575.gif (245x118, 437K)

Because I want to die to attack with clear telegraphing that feels fair to dodge, not a grab attack that can't be defended against, has minimal start up, can barely be dodged, and instantly kills you when it hits.

Estus = gourd
Parry = deflect
Different words, same shit

>beat lady butterfly both stages only getting hit 3 times
I cant tell if I ascended to another plane for a few minutes, or if the boss was just that piss easy.

Thats just the first phase lol

>if you spam roll in souls you always win meme

Attached: file.png (730x456, 712K)

the only bullshit enemy so far is the red eye troll guy who will teleport and grab you, even if you dodge it.

>DSP is playing it
I am actually hype for the TIHYDP

what specs?

>game lies to you to increase difficulty

I was dodging the whole time and thinking the posture meter was pointless because it depleted at the same rate as her health.

It's not a meme, especially not in 3 where where rolls cost almost negative amounts of stamina and you have even less of a reason to ever not just roll around

>objectively

Attached: soy.gif (413x243, 51K)

That's what stealth is you absolute faggot. Stealth is better integrated into any game rather being some specific forced gameplay style. Although I have no problem with that. Its nice to have stealth options in any game.

I threw a shuriken at it and it said "Headless" and music started for a split second and went away. I cant recall the layout of the map but my guess is that Headless miniboss thing I didnt kill from earlier is umder this part of the map and you can hit it from here.

I just made it to the depths with only 3 gourds, and 5 skills unlocked and 5 prostetics, how badly did i fuck up?

I tried it at first, and every dodge/hit would do a tiny % of her health and little posture

But if you parry spam her shit, tons of posture, deathblow over 50%

the game literally lies to you.

ok

kino

I just started and are now facing general naomori.
How do I beat this fucker? I am very bad at parrying...

I got rolled a lot to him earlier. I recommend not targeting him and pull the old walk around hit twice and dodge maneuver. Worked for me at least.

drunkard

Attached: drunkard.webm (900x506, 2.83M)

Excellent defense

who is this boss I went to the depths and the room was empty

How the FUCK do I get snap seeds? I seriously need some for the Corrupted Monk phantom.

based angels egg poster

day 2 begins for me soon. if I still suck by the end of today this game is legitimately ridiculous hard, and you are full of shit if you call it easy.
Souls games are easy, this game is not.

This is why i found DaS3 to be the weakest. Every boss fight was just my character rolling around like an idiot. It worked for BB due to quickstep but it didnt fit in Dark souls.

I did it for 70% of phase 2 as well

>retard tier design boss fights.
OH NONONONO!

Attached: a94.png (500x616, 108K)

>I am very bad at parrying...
You git gud at parrying

How do you guys get to the headless boss? I am on the tree branch looking at the cave but I can't get close enough to grapple to it

>have to beat the entire game without dying to get the good end

This is too much for even me

Attached: doggu.png (280x280, 126K)

Is this game truly harder than the other Soulsborne entries? I've never played DaS.

wtf really?

I really hate this about this game. In Souls if you're stuck you can just keep trying and get better, in this every fight is a gimmick and it severely punishes you by draining you of very limited items that make the bosses easier.

how did you reset the boss?

ds3 is the legend of korra of vidya
ruined ds1

Yea since there's no leveling and the emphasis on stealth being the more preferable way of dealing with obstacles

>all enemies are dead
must've took like 10 minutes to set that up

>only at the first real boss
>already died 40+ times

Guess I'll take my bad end

Why is he lightning man all of a sudden

protip: you don't just press L1 once for each hit unless it's a slow hit

you spam L1 for a flurry.

Just rush her, so she can't do much. Ideally, you will be trading counters, and once in a while she will do an unblockable, where you jump over her and whack her health bar. If she jumps out of engagement, follow her (easy to predict, there's a silk line indicating direction), rinse and repeat. Some of her moves are dangerous, so I'd advise to initiate aggression so she can't do them. Second phase is almost the same, you can ignore the illusions and hide behind the pillars from butterflies.

Attached: 1522609063430.png (604x516, 88K)

I had to turn it off for the boar. Even with the fireworks, how could anyone beat that fucker on hard?

Easily, all the bitching about difficulty comes from "hardcore" souls players

that's a big guy

HOW DO I GET PAST THE SNAKE IN THE SUNKEN VALLEY HOLY SHIT

This is the opinion of someone still in the first areas.

>Get Out isn't a comedy

Attached: IMG_3851.gif (500x281, 351K)

so if I spam L1 I can parry everything?

run away

nope, ran him into the house then ran outside and killed them all twice, took like 3 mins

Just so you know that dying locks you out of the good ending so better not die to that cunt.

I pick off the two in the building, then call the guy and take out all the small guys while the boss is distracted. Then I try to fight the boss. I still haven't beaten it but that's the best way of getting rid of his gang.

Kek hes stuck on the first miniboss. Good luck shitter

The first thing you need to understand is that SoulsShit is bottom of the barrel for action games. This game has some basic action game concepts thrown in and even though were simplified to toddler execution level, it's too much for Soulsfags to grasp.

It's too bad the game's other faults, this could have been the one to burst their bubble. Still, not a bad game by any stretch of imagination.

Attached: Consider the following.jpg (1080x1920, 306K)

It discriminates against players who aren’t good at parrying. It can take like 3 hours to beat one boss and by the time you do it, you don’t even know how you did it. It feels like Miyazaki snorted all the coke.

>enemies aggro way too easily and stay aggro’d Way too long
>when hiding in y’all grass literally can’t see anything cause of how close camera is to Wolf and the tall grass
>prosthetic weapon ammo doesn’t drop enough from enemies

My only problem with the game so far, having fun

you can't always spam as your posture will go up faster, but you will parry stuff

just be mindful of your bar if it's full and back off

WHERE THE FUCK DO I GET SNAP SEEDS FOR THE CORRUPTED MONK. SOMEONE ANSWER ME. FUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=jJoeat3fCfc

1080Ti and an overclocked 3570k. I usually don't get 60fps with a lot of modern games at 4k so this is a bit surprising. But it also doesn't look that great visually so I guess it makes sense

Hide in that little house thingy and stab tne snek in the eye

One more thing, pillars break the fight, if you take cover behind them, she will try to combo you through them and fail. You literally can't die behind them, so use them to heal or regain posture.

Bosses fall into AI loops too easily in this game, and to make matters worse it just doesn't let you evade their attacks, it actively kills them.

>12% negative reviews
ohhh

>have to die 0 (zero) times to get the good end
Defend this

I cant tell if I should be using the arm more or not, I have like 300 of those fuckin things saved up

Sounds like a fun challenge

I said the SUNKEN VALLEY not BABYS FIRST GAME AREA

Anything special events or rewards you can miss? Like beating the first “boss” without dying or killing drunk uncle without the npc dying? Cause I failed horribly at both

>Soulsborne

Attached: 155303183901978988908u978879 retarded.gif (1200x850, 64K)

Alright. What the fuck do I do about the bull boss? I’ve never felt this lost before. I just walk in and get liquified.

First real boss? Do you mean the guy on the horse? I don't know, he seemed really easy, I thought the Blazing Bull without firecrackers was harder.

You can use the Dragon Blood's Droplet to heal the NPCs.

No, Lady Butterfly

You don't need to evade shit in that fight, other than unblockables that is. If you keep up the pressure, you will kill her at 70%-80% of her hp.

Person who's only played Dark Souls 1 and skipped the rest until Sekiro here.

If you're having trouble with this game I think you might be retarded.

>can cheese enemies the same way you could in souls
Nah, it's still very much a souls game, I barely died but I stopped playing after beating Lady Butterfly because a gameplay of almost only parrying isn't fun to me. Shame, I hoped for something better.

>1080Ti and an overclocked 3570k
damn user
that's a big cpu bottleneck for most games
just suited for a 1060

The amount of salt on the steam forums is hilarious. "seasoned soulsborne veterans" literally refunding the game because it's "too hard".

Parry when he's charging you to make him stop for a bit, go ape shit and parry his attacks when needed and whenever he starts charging repeat the process, at least that's how I did it

>Basically, you just have to pick the boss bit by bit
But that is literally the opposite of the ideal way to fight against bosses in this game lol. You have to be aggressive, attack a lot and parry their combos.

post links

Also only starting with 1 estus, and how much said estus heals is actual bullshit

How do you beat this Corrupted Monk phantom? I'm seriously begging you guys for help. Her posture heals SUPER quick so you never get to deathblow her at all.

You can reach either one as your first boss.

you misinterpreted my post

I just love the sheer brutality of this game, every kill is so bloody and personal. Gore kino.

How far are you? The first post-tutorial area is pretty timid compared to later sections

>he cant parry
I hope you never beat Iron butterfly

how many hours is it?

>fight the first "real" boss
>kill him first try
>spend like an hour on the purple ninja faggot and the spear dude "mini" bosses in the reservoir
Where are these "only 11 bosses" faggots now?

Attached: 1304036229053.png (357x319, 8K)

HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS
HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS
HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS
HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS
HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS
SOMEONE FUCK

So, I skipped Lady Butterfly because she is so hard. I went to the other zones, killed ogre, knight on horse, buffalo and some other minibosses and now I have no idea where to go. There is this guy with a huge spear who oneshots me, so I am trying my best to avoid him. Where do I need to go?

Beat other stuff first to get the health upgrade and then for the bull stay close and just attack maybe jump off of him or walls but that can be risky because his attack arc is like up and right. Maybe just dodge to his left and stay close and attack. That’s all I got for you chief. That’s what I did and I beat him. It took me a good couple of tries.

Yeah I know. The thing is none of the recent CPU will work with my motherboard so I'll have to replace that too. I'm just planning on building a separate PC in a few months and keep this one as a server or media machine

God you sound like an insufferable faggot

Nobody has beaten it yet

>>fight the first "real" boss
who?

Does Dragonrot still spread if I don't choose to resurrect?

>Sequel to Tenchu
It plays nothing like Tenchu.
It's a souls foundation with Ninja Gaiden on top.

Reviewers probably have with their early copies.

They aren't even action games you absolute idiot.

i dont have the image but Sekiro is literally

>ASS FUCK DEMON FROM THE ABYSS
"phew, thank god"
>The Captain
"oh no"

the game

literally me
today my soul got crashed by these niggers and i gave up

Attached: 1551185917650.jpg (968x928, 445K)

Really? The game must branch out farther than I think. Is she further in the Hirata Estate path or something?

Wait what? You "skipped" her and killed the horse dude/bull? I thought Butterfly was after them. I must have missed the bell lady.

>this guy is right
t.Never played Tenchu

>Final boss is Old Man Vergil

From Software continuing the trend of making games where i wish i could play as the bosses instead, even when they make an action game.

Attached: REST IN PISS.jpg (1366x768, 193K)

HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS
HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS
HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS
HOW DO I FARM SNAPSEEDS

How are you faggots still in the beginning of the game? Fucking answer me.

Go kill the Iron Butterfly faggot

Attached: 336.jpg (466x689, 84K)

The 7 spears guy is an optional boss, he's at the moon tower where you saw Kuro at the prologue, you really don't need to fight him.

The spear guy on a horse.

Does grappling the Ogre actually do anything?

So is the 1st boss beatable? I'm wondering if that's possible on NG+ runs

Did you turn off HDR? I had that issue.

How do you do lightning reversal?

She's the end boss of the flashback

Did anyone figure out how to get to the headless boss? I fell off the cliff.

Keep seething Soulshitter

Action Adventure mongoloid. Guess what you are fucking exploring the level

God Soulsfags are such troglodytes

You can skip butterfly if you want.

I spent like 5-6h of gametime on her and I did not beat her, the other bosses that I mentioned were a cakewalk.

Ok, but where do I need to go? I feel lost.

It spreads if you die, resurrection doesn't spread it

even when the fucking game shoves tutorials down your throat in the middle of a boss fight, you have to come on the internet and ask?

Attached: 1552773616899.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

You can jump down and grab a small ledge, look around

*fucking doing when you are not

God damn undo button

Can someone explain the combat to me?

I'm winning consistently, the only time I've died was to the first boss before you get the arm.

I've got no idea what I'm doing, I just spam deflect and attack seemingly at random and every enemy drops to some kill animation.

Some times I deflect perfectly and they just keep swinging.

I don't understand.

I accidentally clicked it away and you can't pull it back up. Stop being smug and just answer the question jesus christ.

if you dodge on purple guy you just die, he destroys your posture. you gotta run and attack him when he kicks.

>mfw there's a second phase

Attached: 1552998698577.jpg (1364x2048, 324K)

Some protips to beat butterfly:
1) Shurikens do a fuckload of poise damage to her when she's jumping. If she does the danger attack in the air that's a free stagger for heavy damage
2) After phase 1 she'll be on top of the buddha statue and you can lock on to her before she engages, dump shurikens onto her then and go balls to the walls on her, and she won't summon the ghosts as quickly
3) The ghosts turn into butterflies if you don't kill them so try to do so
4) Butterflies can be blocked by the pillars so if you see she's spamming that shit just stand behind a pillar and let the butterflies die

As for where you need to go next, I have no idea, I'm in the exact same spot as you except I've beaten lady butterfly

>stuck on the same boss for 3hours29
>check on youtube how to beat it
>literally the same thing I was doing but better
bros I don't think Im gonna make it...

How do you beat the mini bosses? The guys in samurai gear. I’m having the most trouble with them

HOW DO I GET SNAPSEEDS YOU FUCKING REEEEEEEEETARDS PLEASEEEEE

get the skill that lets you attack during grapple

throw shuriken when she's going to her ropes, that will knock her down
spam counter like crazy, the bar going red isn't that bad as game wants you to think
snap seed is overrated, when she summons the niglets just run circles and then hug a column and watch that shit do nothing
also get that ash, yeah that useless shit, and spam that trash in her stupid face for free hits

How did you get to him before you got to ninja fag and shinobi hunter? lmao

Anyone else just not managing to make the spinning shuriken work? The thing just pops instantly and never charges. Is there something wrong with the steam controller config or something? Using the ps4 controller

Yes, look it up on youtube

Fromniggers will defend this.

Attached: 1553253238311.jpg (1580x1776, 380K)

Genichiro is the hardest boss ever put in a videogame. I've been trying for 12 hours straight and I give up. This is too much.

Get in range, bait a whiff/jump away and punish with a charged attack and maybe a small combo until they're low on health, then btfo them with parries. Makes the fights an absolute cakewalk but it can take some time.

>that sniper lady? that you find after you drop down
>she has a different unblockable that's not a sweep/stab
>can't figure out how to counter it other than running away
you find 5 of those where you stab the snake in the eyes,and i think the vendor after the guy on the horse bossfight sells them
to find it it's on the opposite way where you spawn when you teleport there

I beat him and the 7 spear guy already.
These two taught me two valuable things:
>a single deflect does not guarantee you break the enemy combo
>mikiri counter can be countered
The biggest issue right now is learning which enemy attacks have hyperarmor and which don't.

Remember when people said sekiro would be casual and dumbed down?

How do i put items in the quick use slot?

ask nicely then

If I who sucks did it you can too
don't let him any space just spam R1 and l1 so he doesn't use bow

M U H
D I C K

The ninja fag is in the reservoir, you can't get to him without beating the horseman boss. Haven't met the shinobi hunter, but I've seen him in gameplay previews, and he was in the memory, which I haven't got to yet.

It's shocking to me that from still hasn't bothered to figure out how to make grabs that aren't broken bullshit after so many games.Just SHOCKING.

>Stuck on the same boss for 5 hours
>Streamers are catching up
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please tell me how to lightning reverse and I'll suck your dick

>I know press L1 instead of Circle to become invincible
>stupid soulsbabbies this is goty

Do bosses get more health pips in NG+? Any humanoid boss gets facerolled by this system

the ogre has a vacuum around him that allows 360 degree grabs.

spinning fagicen is a separate item, equip it

He doesn't seem that difficult, I just reached him and he appears to be more of an endurance boss rather than a hard hitter

What is the progression? Am I meant to go to hirata estate before Ashish castle? The mobs at Ashina castle and the mini bosses are fucking me up

Wait what vendor?

Ah fuck really? I'm dumb

anyone else not buying it because no coop

What the fuck was that Genichiro fight? They kept telling me about deflecting lightning attacks and shit but it comes out so fast I didn't understand what they wanted from me. I don't even know how I managed to beat him.

is it better than Bloodborne?

The jump mechanic barely added anything. The combat is still the same with the same kind of bosses. Nioh did more new things than this game

literally impossible

no because its not a dark souls game

I never got it either, but the idea was to jump to deflect his arrow back I guess

I beat the bull. That was good advice. I wall jumped around it until I was far away enough to bait it into a charge I could counter. Countering that makes it multi-track drift long enough for you to land a good charge attack.

there's a guy selling you shit there,look everywhere in that area

Nioh has the trash tier Diablo loot system though.

bloodborne > das2 and 3 tho

KYS tripfag

Ofcourse it’s not. It’s good, but not bloodborne good

How are there still actually people that are so anti-fun that they call you a retard for wanting to play a video game with your friends.
Souls fans are cancer.

You need to get with it while airborne and simply press R1 before you land to reflect it back. Is actually a pretty cool mechanic and it looks great. Easy to do but not everything needs to be hard i suppose.

Attached: 100% smug.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

All Nioh added to combat was stances, and I can't recall enemies/bosses requiring you to switch. It was more what attacks you like and what loop was worth doing.

Nioh has dogshit loot and rehashes the maps for half-assed missions instead of having a interconnected world with no/few loading

Easily better.

>brought order and his own legacy during the sengoku era
he is pretty cool

It really depends on your personal taste.
I for one love the lore and theme Bloodborne has way more than that of Sekiro, but that still doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the fuck out of it even though I think Bloodborne is better

It’s always been my problem with soulsborne games the boss fights just aren’t what I find fun. It’s a couple minutes of slowly chipping away their health and hoping you don’t get fucked by a glitched attack or a fucked input

Tips for the flaming faggot cow please.

t.

Attached: 1541372502349.jpg (500x500, 73K)

I just have no idea what to do. I just popped adderall and I'l try for 18 hours straight to kill him even if I get a heart attack in the process.

Its not a bloodborne game either.
When will you fucking retards learn that names are important to From games?

>namefig
HAHAHA

bloodborne wasn't a souls game but it was still amazing?

So I move backwards from where the bonfire after the horse boss is?

Also when i mean get hit with it while airborne i obviously mean block it, not actually taking the lightning to the face

How feasible is it to grind for skill points to get stronger? All the bosses are kicking my ass.

Someone for the love of cock, answer me for fuck sake

>people unironically have trouble with the ogre that takes 3 full seconds to attack

yikes

This is kind of cringy

Just guard/deflect and spam firecrackers.
Don't catch on fire.

with each point it's more grindy so not really worth it plus there's no "nuke everything" skills what so ever. sadly you can't cheese this game, it's about actually getting good

and so is this game? Coop isn't required for a game to be good. Expecting a game that doesn't share a name with any of the other games they make to have similar features for no reason other than "This other game had it" then you are a fucking retard.

The ogre's grab hitbox is fucked up unless you're dodging directly back. And his grab attacks can oneshot you if your hp isn't full. Also, I never found the flame vent yet.

You spam parry just like all other Souls games.

yea
see the stairs all the way back?that's where you need to go
there's an npc inside the thing,don't go there,go on the side

>fortnite tripfag
I'm glad you're not, and I'm glad there's no online component for you to shit up.

Attached: agh.png (514x475, 329K)