Should I play Gothic 2 or 3?

Should I play Gothic 2 or 3?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DLyqSQhS6E0
youtube.com/watch?v=qc2CE9Nu_ho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you should play 2 then 3

You should play 1 then 2 NotR

Gothic 1&2. Don't play G3 unless you want to play this bug fest. I am still mad.

Definitely play 1 before 2

It's """""""okay"""""" now, you can try it out If you really need more gothic, the Open world is still great

1 then 2 and maybe after that 3 if you want a closure to the whole plot. Don't forget to get a fan patch to 3 tho.

Is gothic 3 better than risen?

I'd say Risen is way better than 3.

Who cares about the open world if there's nothing of value in it? You can't be this addicted to walking simulators.

>should I eat some pepperoni pizza or a bowl of shit?
gee I don't know, user

Damn, I dropped risen almost at the beginning and wanted to play something like gothic 1-2.

3 is fine if you are coming off of Gothic 1 and 2. Just make sure to install the patches and use the new combat system.

3 is so different from all the other games in the series. Risen sticks much closer to the formula perfected in Gothic 2. Gothic 3 has this huge expansive world, much bigger than we get on the other games, it's less focused but makes up for that with the sheer size of the world. I've always been amazed how they managed to make all these little towns and villages feel like distinct places.

Attached: 922996693_preview_TreasureHunterMap.jpg (603x611, 156K)

yes

Varant is still my favourite part of Gothic 3.

I went there last and it was very pleasant. The game devs obviously meant that you would go there second.

Yep, it felt even more hostile than the other areas, took me a while to learn how to kill those giant insects consistently. I really don't know how people can compare it to a walking simulator. Despite being bigger, the world was almost as densely packed with content as the other games.

Attached: pic3.jpg (770x763, 184K)

Faring was my favourite village in Gothic 3.

A Gothic 3 remake with the stability and gameplay of Risen 1 would win GOTY any year.

The game world looks like it has three different climates, but actually the small strips between them are a little bit in-between.

Gothic 3 is broken on pretty much every Level

they should just make Gothic 3 again from scratch and pretend Gothic 3 2006 never happened

1 then Night of The Raven then 3.

Gothic 2 standalone is not really worth playing since NotR contains all of it + additional content. Gothic 3 with all the official and community patches is very much bug free and still a pretty good game.

And as for the Gothic 3 expansion and Arcania, never play them under any circumstances since they were made by different studios and are absolute trash.

>Foresaken gods exists

Attached: 1539249654553.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

I liked it very much. It was gothic in open world style basically. Not so much detailed quests though.

The music is the best howeveer

It was funny to me to play Gothic 3 when Oblivion in the meantime was full of loading screens.

Käferdämmerung

Don't bother with G3 it is beyond salvation. Play G1 then G2 NotR then all three Risen games. Don't fucking forget to install system packs for G1 and G2 and unofficial patches too.

Did any of you open all the locked chests and get to the one last one in Nordmar?

Some weird colored enemies will attack you.

The music is good, but it's the worst of the three Gothic soundtracks simply because of how out of place it sounds. G1/2's OST conveyed the right mood most of the time.

In G3 you stand on a road with crucified paladins on both sides, and this starts playing:
youtube.com/watch?v=DLyqSQhS6E0

You walk in an excavation site where slaves are being worked to death, and get this:
youtube.com/watch?v=qc2CE9Nu_ho

And this is not the fault of the game designers. Rosenkranz wanted to make a soundtrack so bombastic and comfy that he completely forgot about making ANY tracks that could fit these places. That's the mark of a piss poor soundtrack, no matter how good an album it may be when played in isolation.