12000 NPCs

>12000 NPCs

TECHNOLOGY

Attached: 1467586292221.jpg (1920x1080, 1.73M)

most of them are just sprites

>2d sprites that rotate to constantly face you

Why did they abandon this superior branch of the engine and instead go with the inferior Black Flag one to develop AC Origins / Odyssey on?

This game needed another year of development, so much wasted potential and all we're gonna get from now on are watered down Witcher 3.

playing all the AC games is a journey the first one I remember when i was a kid 2007 or so right? So I was 7 then damn.

That's extremely non performance draining, it's just vector math and can be run on graphics cards.

Odyssey is an inferior game so it deserves an inferior engine

fuck you nerd

Consoles weren't ready for it

Nope, they're lower detail but not sprites

AC peaked at Unity as strange as that is to say. Why the hell did they have to turn it into a shitty RPG with lootdrops

I still can't believe how amazing the Unity Interiors looked

I remember throwing a dead body from above and the way the crowd reacted was pretty fucking amazing.

I don't much care for assassin's creed but that crowd looks pretty cool

i wonder how many NPC's Just cause 2 had
mainly because i'd just randomly get "statue destroyed" because some gook ran his tuktuk into baby panay

They're literally just ripping off what's popular now. Origins was a lame Witcher 3 clone, Odyssey was the same but with a half-assed nemesis system from Shadow of War

People were losing interest and sales were going down, the franchise needed to adapt, even if it meant shamelessly following trends

>12000 NPCs
That's like Ocasio-Cortez convention.

There it is

and yet the game still sucks

they aren't, you can go in the crowd.

Is Unity worth playing if I didn't like AC1 or the long intro to AC2?

No.

Depends what you count as an intro. You have your full moveset (sans hiddenblade) pretty quick, but it's a few hours to get the blade and a hood

I miss proper Assassin's Creed like Unity. Origins and Odyssey are fucking boring AIDS, which I can't believe is even possible with how rich the settings of Ancient Greece and Egypt are yet they managed it.

Remind me how is that game please.

I loved AC1, and AC2 trilogy even more, found AC3 shitty (stoped after like 2 hours), and never played the games past that.

probably some internal company politics bullshit where execs promoted the inferior engine just because they personally worked on it more

>stab guy in neck
>he doesn't die
Maybe with this nother year off, they're going back to a more traditional formula. I'd think they'd have to, Odyssey was too bloated to have anything else tacked on for a sequel

this.

any franchise that is stuck on cucksoles with hardware from early 2010s would be better on pc, end of story faggots

>2007
>I was 7 then
goddamn

Started this again recently with French Audio/English subs and my opinion is actually quite positive compared to launch. Not that it's actually hard, but I never realized how much more challenging it is than previous AC games. Art/Environment team deserve a medal for what they did, beautiful stuff.

this.

any franchise that is stuck on cucksoles with hardware from early 2010s would be better on pc, end of story faggots

>tfw cucksoles will die in your lifetime
pic related

Attached: XaRfi3v.png (926x780, 547K)

Black Flag was the best game in the series and they realize that the ones with ship combat are the ones that sell best. That said, Odyssey didn't have shit on Black Flag. 18th century tall ships and pirates>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Greek triremes and MUH SPARTA

I personally think Egypt and Greece are boring settings. OP's image is more interesting looking than anything in Odyssey and Origins

Yea i went to a bar yesterday for the first time. Crazy shit

Attached: shazbot...jpg (1000x755, 578K)

I was going to reply with "you have to be 18 years old to post here" and then I realized that people born in 2000 are at least 18 by now. Fuck

I really wish zoomers wouldn't make TECHNOLOGY threads

The first time I passed out because of alcohol, I was like 13.

Attached: 1528448416795.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>AC games

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

I really enjoyed the 'one giant city as a map' concept in Unity & Syndicate over the shit in Origins & Odyssey.

Fucking minecraft can do that shit

so can Wolfenstein 3D

Attached: Wolf3D.jpg (541x338, 48K)

the consoles tablet cpus couldn't handle it. which means either ubisoft overestimated their ability to optimise the engine for it it or sony and microsoft gave out dev kits that had much stronger cpus and could never get similar cpu power for the released console.

#1 thing this series has to do is drop the 300 square km open world meme. Gimme a fucking antique city, and make it fucking dense. AC is totally the kind of game where you could fit an hour of content into a single city block.

Imagine completely new guard AI, fewer but smarter guards. You could have true proper stealth levels without having to worry about the 17 different sightlines from all the guards the level designer added to make up for them all being dumb as bricks. Imagine a quick little sidequest where you need to sneak around a multilayered home, completing objectives while evading a single guard who reacts to things like creaking floorboards, or small objects you could knock off a shelf if you're not careful.

cool, almost as much as the Democratic National Convention

Now I'm gonna get autistic and describe the game I have in my head.

With fewer and stronger guards, the player might think to just kill them and be done. This is where a notoriety system could be implemented better than any other games. If sneaking and avoiding guards can become a viable playstyle, then killing guards should elicit a stronger reaction from the world. A guard found with his throat slit could mean guards setting up a crime scene, and dispersing NPC crowds (a valuable hiding place), as well as increased guard presence the following day in that area. Higher notoriety could even trigger procedural side missions where you need to save an Assassin buddy from the gallows.

Literally takes less resources than not making them rotate but ok

you can technically swap a mesh for a sprite based on distance

I've played AC1 and 2, what do I play next?

Brotherhood

Did you like 2 but felt it was kinda aged? Brotherhood is like 2 with the wheels fully torqued. Combat is piss easy, but everything else just plays better

Best comfy atmosphere for me. Worth it.

It's got the best combat in the series and I like the setting a lot

How's Unity now? Can I run it on my laptop (i5 6200u, 950m 4gb, 8gb ram)?

Literally one of the first things we figured out how to do with 3D gaming you dumb contextless zoomer.