Why are there no good games set in the Roman Empire? It features in a lot of strategy games...

Why are there no good games set in the Roman Empire? It features in a lot of strategy games, but as for real games the only one I can think of at the moment is Ryse Son of Rome and that sucked.

Attached: 1549902832864.jpg (2047x2047, 227K)

wait for bannerlord and its mods and you'll get to play as a centurion

Because there is not a thing virtuous about the ROMAN people.

They were educated murderers.
They believed in a doctrine culture that would be considered savage today.
They had no value of the lives of their fellow man
They were highly degenerate falling for the human frivalties of lust and homosexuality.
It was a brutal meritocracy that ruined the working man, outpraised it's military standing, and eventual Military Autocracy, and collapsed multiple times under the rule of glutonous tyrants.

The only thing they ever contributed was the standard of law.
>but muh architecture
Greek, Phoenicians and Egyptians had any of their marvels for hundreds and thousands of years.

>muh military tactics
Outdated

>muh national pride
I'd rather have pride in a shitbin than to ever have pride in being a Roman.

The real question you should be asking is "Why are there no games based around Ancient China?"

Attached: stock-photo-bad-day-tired-and-depressed-businessman-sitting-in-office-at-the-table-and-working-on-a- (450x320, 37K)

>meritocracy
will someone tell me what is wrong with this?

>but as for real games

Attached: disgust.jpg (620x400, 32K)

Meritocracy does not exist, no one is rewarded for working their ass off, you're rewarded for supplying demands

You didn't think hard enough.

Attached: shadow of rome.jpg (353x500, 53K)

Darwinist ideology over attempting to compensate for everyone is what leads to the lower class obliterating the bourgeoisie

Op is a patented plebian for implying that meritocracy ruined the Republic when in reality the Roman Military machine attained it's superiority because promotions were based on merit not social standing.

you sound like some nordic goatfcuker that lives in a shit-hut
also reddit spacing

>Wait for Bannerlord
It’s not gonna release anytime soon, isn’t it?

Attached: B4501A31-F279-4FB5-9292-912D3147FD1E.jpg (750x881, 502K)

>strategies are not real games
Holy shit OP

No, I'm just proud of how far humanity has come from that barbarity and look boldly towards the future.

Attached: 2b8f9e0cf68bcb457c82ad7d1940c740.jpg (604x720, 51K)

If I dare say it, the history is repeating itself and we are Romans.

Well, at least you didn't have to respond to any of his actual arguments

Wrong

Because actual Roman culture is extremely alien compared to ours (no matter what your political stance is).
They also made the case for "absolute over-the-top violence and slaughtering those who are different make for a sturdy, happy and long-living civilization", which is definitively not something certain people want to push nowadays.
It kinda like setting a game during the transition between the Weimar Republic and pre-war Hitler's Reich. Lot of uncomfortable "shit it's actually a good thing to do that ?" moments.

No u

t. butthurt N*Rdic

I've been waiting almost 7 years nigger

t. Christian cuck

>t. angry Etruscan

It is very obvious, we are living in a very bloated society with priorities all fucked up. Look at game industry, AAA studios spewing literal shit for a while now, with game and golden era for indie titles.
We live in the fall of Rome times.

Based, I for one am glad to have lived to experience the much more influential, civilized, and accomplished American Empire. Fuck Europe and fuck the Ancients. They ain’t got shit on us.

Attached: B6D289AD-9254-4363-AF67-3BC49D2C861F.jpg (208x232, 11K)

Why's everyone going to be retarded when it comes to discussing Rome?
Rome fell because they were overwhelmed by stronger enemies on every side, not because they were "decadent" or some shit.
The Byzantine empire was PEAK decadence and they lasted another 1000 years.

>but as for real games
kill yourself

People would rather play as a nigger than an It*lian

Who let this cuck in?

>Rome fell because they were overwhelmed by stronger enemies on every side,
Ackchyually, Rome fell because of many social factors literally *forcing* it to expand it's frontiers every year.
Except technological progress in logistic and communication just couldn't follow fast enough, making them overwhelm-able by minor troubles spread across their domain.
Give the Roman empire WWI-level trucks and radios, they could have kept going for a thousand years at least.

Shhhh mutt you are nothing, you have no history, no heritage, nothing, just the luck there were no relevant wars inside your territory.

>tfw we never got Vin Diesel's Punic War MMO

Attached: 1484955609337.png (549x936, 830K)

>but as for real games

Attached: 1525003673372.jpg (480x712, 18K)

Expanding it's frontiers? Didn't the romans just shove a fuckton of foederati into their border provinces? The Roman Empire was doing very well at it's largest extent. I'd say the fact that the entire roman army was made up of barbarians was a big factor. They didn't fight for rome, just for money. It was only a matter of time before they didn't care enough to fight for the empire and joined the barbarians. That, plus economic decline (inflation etc), retarded emperors, massive movement of peoples and the vanishing of the military advantages rome once had (larger and more disciplined armies than the barbarians; the romans could no longer play with the tribal rivalries as they had done for centuries) caused the fall of the western half.
The roman empire did survive another thousand years in the east. Rip 1453

you don't get to keep your empire for a 1000 years if you are decadent. ...granted, it wasn't exactly intact for parts of those 1000 years

that's why Americans are always like ''I'm 1/6th polish, 1/6th italian, 1/3rd german and 1/3rd irish''. Very cute

Because romans were absolutely brutal bitches and it wouldn't work with modern day culture. Also most people think history is lame

Shadow of Rome, Gladiator: Road to Freedom Remix. Well there's 2.

Sure retard, what is Mafia 3.

Then I've got some good news user!

Attached: Butterlord release date.jpg (1076x797, 94K)

How does any of the things you listed not sound interesting for the setting of a game to you?
Murder, power and debauchery, what more could you possibly want?

Time Commando's... 2nd? or 3rd stage

>t. alba septemtrionis inter macacas

underrated