Single most requested fighter of all time

>single most requested fighter of all time
>one of the worst fighters of all time
What did Sakurai mean by this?

Attached: Ridley.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

He just needs some more weight. Being fat as a superheavy but not actually that heavy is retarded

>we heard you like getting combo'd

I don't even understand why he's just a heavy. Wario is smaller than Ridley and still has about the same weight with non of the combo food issues.

He's not even that bad.

He's really good in free for all, Sakurai even stated that his down B is trash in solo fights and intended for that format to catch busy opponents off guard. He's probably trying to meet people half way, like maybe if he gives us the character we wanted the most we will at least try the mode he wants us to play

He could be a bit better

I think he's quite fine. I'd really only change lag on neutral B and how fucking jank his recovery is with backwards recovery going foward and all. Otherwise he doesn't feel as bad as something like Bowser Jr.

Attached: FUCK SAMUS.png (430x309, 276K)

He means that fans literally don't know what they want

>busted ass projectiles
>side b comes out faster than my load inside ur moms fat ass
he's fine. his recovery is shit but sadly every character is segregated into 3 types of recovery:
-worthless
-good
-i can get back on stage + from the bottom kill zone with my up b alone

His faults come more from how you compare him to other busted in different ways characters

Give him another jump and make his fucking down air a pogo tail spike. Jesus Christ Sakurai it's literally his signature move where the fuck is it

Skewer is actually a pretty good trap against opponents that prefer to recover high directly to the stage. It takes timing and predictive spacing to execute, but you can can get nasty-good at landing it with practice and matchup experience.

His recovery isn't THAT bad once you learn your dead zones, maintain jump-preservation discipline, and drift accordingly. The major thing to pay attention to is the angle on his horizontal Up-B. If you turnaround on your final jump, you can utilize the upward travel on the backwards angle.

Yeah but I think he should be a bit heavier.

I notice a lot of players don't realize what a beefy move up-B is.

The hitbox is huge, and is actually really strong. And the opponent can't tell which direction you are holding on startup, allowing you to execute some cheeky motherfucking reads. I've won quite a few matches with up-B. It even beats Kirby's inhale, something low-GSP nigglets LOVE to abuse.

He’s mid tier at worst. Git gud.

This. Or make Skewer pogo while in the air.

At least you’re not as bad as Bowser Jr.

Attached: C68FBFB3-5040-4B98-B622-362325D6B233.png (1196x1436, 1.31M)

Is this your first smash game?
He is at least mid tier.

he's not even bottom tier
he's better than kirby, bowser jr., duck hunt, charizard, little mac, isabelle...

Nah, he needs more speed or recovery or power or all three. He's a glass cannon by design.

He does fucking fine in tourneys
I hate you niggers that use your pick to justify your losses

Attached: 1470279489279.gif (360x240, 2.08M)

He's not all that bad. I agree that he needs more wieght and his up-b needs to work like the space animals.

Besides getting sent back to the character select screen, why is Bowser Jr bad? I never played as him and nobody ever does in quickplay

It means stop bitching for characters or else you get dabbed on.

wouldnt he get comboed easier if he was heavier?

He was mad people wanted him after years of giving his reasons he didn't want him in. Metroid and Zelda get shitty treatment in general because they upstaged Kid Icarus.

The problem with Ridley is he's all or nothing. Being the size of Bowser but having less weight than Samus means anyone who gets priority will keep it, you become combo food. This also means you have to be aggressive, but Ridley's play style (like every heavy) greatly favors playing defensively and capitalizing on punishes. So the end result is this character who blows up and dies if your opponent gets advantage, but in order to get advantage yourself you have to depend on them fucking up somehow (which good players don't often do) or nailing a mix-up... which Ridley has virtually zero of, given how highly telegraphed most of his kit is. The fact that this character has some exclusive 0-death with most of the cast is evidence enough he's bin tier but his awkward niche in the weight+size categorization makes him about as viable as 4 Charizard.

Attached: yikes.png (256x256, 20K)

>side b comes out fast
Lel

This, DK is absolute buffet of combo food maybe even more so than Ridley and yet he's considered high tier

Attached: 1521779340156.png (403x272, 182K)

DK is not high tier in any game

>Adamant on his stance for Ridley initially
>Furukawa-Oyabin tells him, "Give them what they want, we need this game to sell"
>"B-but if I -"
>"Do it or I"ll be paying your daughter a visit."
>"Kuzo..."
>"Naniyo?!"
>Sakurai shits himself in fear
>Adds Ridley begrudgingly, allowed to do it the way he wants because Sakurai
>Likewise with K. Rool

Attached: But this is MY game! Why don't you like it..jpg (325x277, 17K)

Moves too weak, too slow. Specials are pretty bad. I like some of his tilts a little bit but he's mostly underwhelming
Which is a shame because I really like Lemmy

He needs an extra jump.

Because Wario's hitbox isn't one of the biggest in the game.

>single most requested fighter of all time
*single most memed fighter
K Rool was higher up on the ballot than Ridley

That's my point