What does Yea Forums think?

gameinformer.com/gdc-2019/2019/03/21/cupheads-creator-desperately-wants-him-in-super-smash-bros?utm_source=share&utm_medium

What does Yea Forums think?

Attached: 26E82812-D0AD-477C-90D2-F9E35CAB6AE5.jpg (1531x1275, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g3ktsLwZJGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think Cuphead, the character, looks like dogshit and they could have done far better. He not only shouldn't be in Smash, he shouldn't have even been in his own game, they should have put more than fifteen seconds into designing the star of the fucking game.

I think the cuck is trying to bite way more than he can possibly chew

>desperately wants
>Would be more than pleased
Nigger which is it?

So would any creator, but that doesn’t mean their franchise is a guaranteed shoe-in

>I want my IP in smash
ummm okay? Lots of other companies do too. doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

cuphead is trash

I've got nothing against cuphead but no.

Wow, so like every character creator on the fucking planet? This is news?

I've been noticing more people not like cuphead. Like sure, on release there were plenty of them but now it looks like the people disliking it is becoming more than those who like it.

The threads praising Chad were funny.

Attached: 1480869952435.jpg (640x710, 64K)

shoulda did what necrodancer is and straight up tie your game series into nintendo franchises, thats probably the easiest route into smash

Which Nintendo character would fit in with the 1930's animation? I guess you could do Mario.

I wish mommy Reimu would step on me

>There are people on this who liked that indie "game"

t. got walled by Cagney

The fuck is the point of this article?
An indie dev wants their character in smash like no shit.

Game and Watch

I mean,there was that leak that happened a week ago,and with cuphead now on the switch,this seems a bit likely

Well, to desperately want something would lead to someone being more than pleased

Zun does not want Reimoo in Smash

Cuphead fucking rules. Let's go boys

Based and redpilled. ROB too if you want a slight redesign.

Does he die in 3 hits if he gets in Smash?

wonder what samus would look like flattened haha asking for a friend

Mario was originally Popeye so that would work

Only if he has good animation and is flat like GnW

cool, that means they're not in the current Fighter Pass.
don't make the same mistake ARMSfags and Shovelfags did tho

>falling for shitty rumors again
nigga people been talking about Xbox on the Switch for a while.

>the creator of an okay indie game that wasn't substantial or progressive design-wise in any way wants his character in smash
okay?

We have already one here who'll never be in the game thankfully

We don't know that, but it's possible.
Just like he doesn't want a touhou anime despite getting multiple offers from many studios.

Never ever

If he said that it means he's probably not in retard.

I want it just so underfaggots will seethe

This is literally Shantae all over again lol.
No indie is getting in before Reimu and Frisk mark my words

There are no Western IPs in Smash over the course of five games. Cuckhead won't be the first.

Why would he get in?
Outside of the art style the game isn't anything new.

or Edmund McMillen, he tried to pull she same shit and wanted "Super Meat Boy" in smash, in exchange that he would port Mewnbase alpha to Nintendos console

>Why would he get in?
>Outside of the art style the game isn't anything new.
So like every other game and character in smash?

he is based on the og mickey mouse.

Some dumbfucks actually thought he was going to be in the DLC pack. This deconfirms it.

Attached: 1553253260491.jpg (782x696, 182K)

>what does Yea Forums think

I think coolsville sucks

>Persona 5 doesn't get on Switch
>Joker gets in
>Cuphead gets on Switch
>"HOLY SHIT HE'S IN"
The absolute state of rosterfags

Why the fuck there are so many anons shitting on Cuphead? Where all of these people come from?

Probably the same reason as why some anons shit on Touhou
Discordfags

The only time someone's wishes for their character in Smash should be remotely newsworthy is if they explicitly DON'T want their character in Smash. Kosuke Yabuki declining the idea of ARMS getting a fighter in Ultimate is an example of this.

Based Reimubro

Won't happen, but Cuphead would honestly most likely be one of my mains if he got in, if they stay trued to his shooter move set.

cuphead is a barebones run&gun

DON'T RECORD THAT

Isn't the developer of Cuphead a massive chad?

Who gives a fuck? It's more important if Nintendo wants someone else. Anyone with a brain would want their character in Smash. What I want to see is someone turning Nintendo down for non-copyright reasons. I know Sega did at first but they backpedaled on that.

>two literally whos make their first game
>over 3 million copies sold
>probably gonna reach 4 or 5 with Switch sales
>DLC arriving this year
>studio is already well-known after ONE (1) title released

>Irrelevant

>Isn't the developer of Cuphead a massive chad?
Chris Moldenhauer is the Chad. Jared Moldenhauer is the lesser neckbearded brother in the OP's interview.

Refer to pic related.

Attached: MoldenhauerBros.jpg (720x613, 83K)

he'll be a spirit at best

Why does this always happen, fucking beta incel.

Why does the faggot who does the interviews always asks literally any Nintendo supporter if they want Smash bros

Of fucking course they do, stop being retards, same fucking asshats who have to yell _____ IN SMASH!!!! Anytime anything gets announced

Smash fags need to fuck off, not everything is meant for you holy shit

I think that I'm glad this deconfirms that shitty leak with Cuphead, 2B and Heihachi

This is nothing compared to other indie titles

Cup head would be a cool assist trophy, but not a main fighter.

Other than Undertale, which recent indie has had a bigger success than Cuphead?

hollow knight

>do you want your shitty character put into a series that sells more than ten million copies per iteration?
>yes
>dude woah no way i'm putting this on my blog

It isn't recent but there's Touhou
FNAF too, sadly.
Hollow Knight got pretty well too. The thing is, Cuphead's peak popularity literally lasted one month

Um....progressive?

>The thing is, Cuphead's peak popularity literally lasted one month
Well, it was like a 8-hours game and they couldn't take a sequel out of their asses after 3 months like FNAF did.
And there wasn't a huge lore to talk about like Undertale

Why are Nintensoys the most aggressive and angsty group on Yea Forums?

What do you mean? He's based on 30,s cartoons. They are never super complex looking. He looks fine. But mugman? He's much better anyway.

>Flavor of the month indie game from a developer with only one game under their belt wants their character in Smash
So just like every indie dev in the last few years?

Attached: 2e2.png (500x143, 29K)

>It isn't recent but there's Touhou
The fact that you're even mentioning this at all shows how big of an idiot you are.

Guess what scrub? Minecraft is infinitely bigger than Touhou, and it's much more recent.

This post was about Cuphead.

game and watch already does the exact same shtick that cuphead would do

Literally what does Minecraft have to do with this are you retarded?

I'm pretty sure everyone would say they want their character in Smash even if they actually don't. It's just PR.

>Reimu
>Shantae
>Maybe Gunvolt
>Quote
>Commander Video
These are the only characters who should ever get a character in Smash to rep indies due to either being an older series, belonging to an older dev that has made more than one game.

How braindead idiotic are you.

One guy asks which RECENT indie has had bigger success than Cuphead, than a complete idiot brings up Touhou of all things. If you're going to break the one simple rule you were given, you might as well say Minecraft.

wouldn't it be more interesting if the dev said they didn't want their character in smash?

Attached: momo.jpg (234x228, 44K)

I did say it wasn't recent, and Minecraft isn't indie anymore

he needs more successful games before they include him in smash

look at isaac from golden sun, the best he could do is being an assist

>I did say it wasn't recent
So say Minecraft instead, idiot.

>and Minecraft isn't indie anymore
Pathetic excuse. While it was indie, it still mutilates Touhou in popularity.

The reality is you're a dumbfuck weeb who desperately wanted to provide his weeb example.

The Chad head gets into Smash after his franchise made 1 game

I want Heihachi

how much of a fucking normie do you have to be to get angry at the mere mention of anime

Minecraft isn't even recent anymore. It's gonna be a fucking decade old in May. fuck off refusteve

Attached: OJ.gif (270x270, 2.3M)

Why do people believe indies in Smash are in any way possible when there's still not a single precedent for it?

console wars idiots who previously had no opinion on the game now have a reason to hate it because it's on switch but not ps4. It's always snoy fans hating on nintentards or vice versa.

this place is so tiresome

Wait what, I thought it got a simultaneous release on all platform. Was Snoy really left out? Fucking lmao.

Its going to happen eventually if the demand is there.

Because they think since third parties happened, indies should too alongside SK being in as an assist and Nintendo going out of their way to do directs dedicated to Indies.

If an indie does happen, feel like it should be Quote if only due to being one of the first indies on a Nintendo console/handheld and did warrant a "remake" that took advantage of the 3DS' 3d feature

>Minecraft isn't even recent anymore
and yet, you mentioned Touhou. You really are a complete idiot.

please take a closer look at the post you replied too again, and make sure you look at this one too you fucking retarded minecraft player

Attached: Noob Close-up.png (936x567, 361K)

Quote with Curly as echo, give me my robowife Sakurai

DLC most likely won't include echos if Quote actually had a chance. Feel like it would be a situation like Robin and Wii Fit Trainer skins.

What are some indie devs that said they DON'T want to be in Smash

why do you avatarfag as a lego

Indiefagging rosterfags have this bizarre sense of entitlement, as if the indie scene is inherently OWED at least one fighter in Smash. Worse, indiefags seldom rally behind anything with legitimate significance but rather flavor of the month shit (see the cupheads as of recent). The only franchises that have any rightful claim to Smash atm are:
>Minecraft (not indie anymore but it's a significant chapter in indie gaming)
>Cave Story
>Touhou
>Undertale, as much as it fucking guts me to admit it (but my small solace is that Sakurai wouldn't pick Sans, which would be nice to also burn quite a few UT "fans")
And even then most of this is a stretch.

I just know you're an idiot.

Face the truth, Roblox was the original block building online game, not your bullshit. Even Blockland is better even if it's sadly dead than Minecraft

>my small solace is that Sakurai wouldn't pick Sans
Who would he pick? Undyne?

Frisk. You legitimate retard.

>still crying
Still an idiot.

Cave Story pretty much jumpstarted indie stuff
Minecraft and Undertale were big indie games
As for Touhou, no idea since I never got into the series.

>we live in a timeline where Reimu is considered a likely entry in Smash
damn, maybe missing out on the age of discovery was worth it

Those are rosterfags

You are both wrong.

Attached: 1550519641784m.jpg (1024x486, 85K)

We already have villager as the non-fighter young boy who uses utensils as weapons.

Touhou is probably the most famously long-running indie franchises, having started in 1996 and still going. It's a hallmark of Japanese culture, having spun off into tons of officially and unofficially sanctioned merchandise, including spinoffs that appear on actual consoles.

To be honest I don't know much more about Touhou besides the metric ton of hentai and hentai doujins it continuously spawns, God bless but I'd be fine with Reimu since I know enough to see that she'd have a super unique moveset.

Oh shit, I guess Cloud couldn't happen since we already had a bunch of sword fighters.

>455449486 (You) #
>Oh shit, I guess Cloud couldn't happen since we already had a bunch of sword fighters
Thing is Frisk is no more iconic than any of the other main UT characters so if you had to pick, why would you go for the most boring possible option?

Because a Mercy/Fight gimmick (aka the defining fucking mechanic of UT) would be more interesting than Bayonetta Skeleton, Pasta Skeletor, or Spear Fish.

Eh, could do something with the souls modes or a mechanic involving using mercy/spare to buff yourself somehow

There are far FAR more interesting and deserving characters for a spot on the roster than fucking cuphead.

Eh alright, haven't considered that. The soul mode switch sounds cool.

I'm actually just taking some ideas off this video
youtube.com/watch?v=g3ktsLwZJGQ

>Cloud over a Chocobo
>Joker over Jack Frost
>Erdrick or any popular DQ protag over Slime
>if Sakurai didnt go by the anime or N64/GCN being underpowered shit, Red would be in over Pikachu
>WFT got in favor of Sakurai removing the "this character does seem to fight/lacks fighting material" rule with Villager
>Smash always upholds on typical protagonist picks even Sakurai joked about, hence why PP became the next surprise rep (to curve the expectations)
i think its real to think Sakurai would pick Frisk over shit like Sans.