I posted this in another thread about epic games store, I'll post it again:

I posted this in another thread about epic games store, I'll post it again:

the amount of seething steam fanboys in this thread is fucking astounding
if devs decide to switch over to EGS because of their 12% share, as opposed to Steam's 30% share (which some are doing already), then Steam is royally fucked.
no amount of UI updates to Steam is going change the fact that devs get more $ per sale for the same price on EGS than they do on Steam

and the best part is, it's good for customers in the long run, because a lower cut per sale allows the developers/publishers to sell the same product at a lower price. kind of like it was with Metro: Exodus. in the US it was sold for $60 on Steam, but on EGS it sells for $50. despite the $10 reduction in price, the publisher still gets $2 more per sale ($44 vs $42 respectively).

and in the end, how much are you more likely to spend on the same game, $60 or $50?
yeah. $50. thought so.

the only way Steam can stop this inevitable switch of devs over to a platform that leaves them with more money is if they decrease their share % from the current 30% to somewhere close to EGS 12%.
I know I'm putting my game on EGS when it becomes available to all developers and selling it there for $8, instead of the current $10 on Steam, just because the lower cut per sale will allow me to do so.

Attached: 1553240140545.png (1200x857, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/duke-nukem-alien-armageddon/filter/text/page/1/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Epic Store strikes again /type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Why Ubisoft moved The Division 2 /type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/For the low price of $160/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/survey Valve/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/ Steam And Epic Are In A Game Store Battle/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/What do you think the smart move is from Valve/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Steam so far has only countered with/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/3ygZs/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Has Valve made something/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Is 'Metro Exodus' Bailing On/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/compressed-/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/optimized-/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Or steam can let Epic bleed money left and right with exclusivity contracts

>UE4 royalties and Fortnite money
>Bleeding money

>I know I'm putting my game on EGS
At least know I know why are you so butthurt, valve probably didn't greenlit your garbage ass game when they had quality control
LMAO
AHAHAHAHA what a fucking loser

Attached: 1455104568246.jpg (529x502, 44K)

>a program to launch other programs calling apps

You're all fucking dipshits!

If Epic Store is so good why do shills keep spamming threads about it?

Attached: 1540572143801.png (2368x1252, 1.91M)

Reminder

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/duke-nukem-alien-armageddon/filter/text/page/1/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Epic Store strikes again /type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Why Ubisoft moved The Division 2 /type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/survey Valve/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/ Steam And Epic Are In A Game Store Battle/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/What do you think the smart move is from Valve/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Steam so far has only countered with/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/3ygZs/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Has Valve made something/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Is 'Metro Exodus' Bailing On/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/compressed-/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/optimized-/type/op/

Attached: 1535901324275.png (815x831, 241K)

>steam
>quality control

Attached: 20190322_085952.jpg (983x899, 331K)

*HAD
kys

Attached: sketch1553240541021.png (1052x720, 325K)

Imagine making a game so bad that even Steam have rejected you.

I don't give a single fuck as long as DMC threads get archived lmao

metro was 59€ on steam and 59€ on epic botnet
i dont see any advantage for me as consumer

>which some are doing already
Name one.

Weenie teh Poo is stealing your social credit Chang! Check Google for more details.

Attached: 1540728868192.jpg (192x263, 16K)

>supporting epic or valve or any other online game store garbage
Game stores are cancer and we need to go back to physical distribution.

If his game(which doesn't exist) didn't get on to steam, it sure as fuck won't be allowed on Epic.

Based OP

goto bed grampa lmao

we saw a similar reaction back when EA made Origin: fanboys used any excuse to shit on it just because Battlefield 3 wasn't coming to Steam.
it ranged from "anti-consumer practices" to "malware", to "spying on you", to anything else under the sun just to shit on them.
did it work in the end? fuck no. 90% of the same people that boycotted Origin went, bought Battlefield 3, and happily played it.

the only thing Steam has going for it in terms of deterring people from switching over to competing platforms is emotional attachment.
you might ask, how are people emotionally attached to Steam? it's simple, people spent money on Steam:
1. they bought games on Steam
2. they spent money on their useless fucking Steam level

Valve either knew what they were doing in advance when they added these Steam levels (increase emotional attachment, thereby ensuring more fanboys), or they just added it to make more money.
either way, it worked to a degree in getting people to prefer Steam over competing platforms.

HOWEVER, when a competitor with a big enough mindshare comes along, all of that goes out the window, because absolutely NOTHING is going to make up for something like a much lower share cut.
whether you like it or not, EGS coming along and stirring up this much shit is a GOOD thing. because for us, developers (especially indie devs), it will hopefully mean a lower cut per sale.
and to you, the customers, it means a lower price for the same game. (not every dev will lower the price of their game(s), of course, but there will be many cases of lower prices for the same games on EGS than on Steam)

in the end, this competition is a win/win to both sides. except for Steam, now they have to decrease their cut per sale, or eventually their 30% cut per sale source of income will dry up and they will be forced to either make games again (half-life 3, wink wink) or decrease their cut per sale, or both!

>the developers/publishers to sell the same product at a lower price.

When is this gonna actually start happening?

based

>They'll be able to sell products to consumers at a lower price!
Lol, a few publishers might think about it, but more likely they'll keep the same prices so they can make even more profits. Corporations are all about getting as much money as possible with as little effort as necessary.

Would you rather get 70% of $10 or 88% of $0.00?

You will be heart broken when you realize that Epic doesn't accept crappy games

This entire post reeks of being some kind of pre-made thing just to post so people think theres actual debate going on. Stop shilling

If there was one thing this board was lacking it was another issue to draw battlelines and begin autisticly screeching for the chosen team over.

>the only thing Steam has going for it in terms of deterring people from switching over to competing platforms is emotional attachment.
>you might ask, how are people emotionally attached to Steam? it's simple, people spent money on Steam:
>1. they bought games on Steam
>2. they spent money on their useless fucking Steam level

Oh yeah they arent fucking attached to all the games steam has that epic doesn't. All the features steam has that epic doesn't. Yeah they're just emotional man babies. Valvetards BTFO

imagine taking online game stores this seriously lol

I have a question. If we mention in the Epic Store forums and comments (if they've been added already) things like Tiananmen Square, would they block it? Even if it's somewhat relevant and not just shitposting (ex. "this violence scene of this game reminds me of Tiananmen Square").

Would their chinese overlords ban us just to mention that?

I can't believe grown men argue about where they buy their digital products. It's like arguing about going to best buy or target. Just buy whatever is cheaper for you as a consumer.

>this butthurt
Didnt even read what you're presenting.

Attached: 1466715734928.jpg (500x650, 71K)

They probably have a filter set up so any words or mentions that are verboten get removed immediately or shadowbanned in china

>Thinking greedy publishers care
They would rather get 88% of $60 than $50

>because a lower cut per sale allows the developers/publishers to sell the same product at a lower price
lul

>OP is this butthurt no one wants his shitty game

Attached: 1552604150729.jpg (500x500, 164K)