King is PALE

King is PALE
KNIGHT is YOU
Thread is Hollow knight

Attached: maxresdefault(3).jpg (1280x720, 77K)

So I finally got voidheart, and game completion reads 101%.
I think I'm gonna attempt to beat normal Destello and be done with this game, I'm really at the very limit of my motor skills.

Weak.

Have fun grinding bosses for 20 hours, autismo

Wow, what a high quality thread, OP.

Stop making these generals.

Attached: reeeee.jpg (935x1431, 428K)

>Wow, what a high quality thread, OP.
This game has so much lore, gameplay, artstyle, and trivia that I saddens me to have threads filled with people that go
>" Oh I spent 36 hours on Radiant Markoth, I hate him and myself, I love this game"

Do Path of pain

Haha but you're so close! Super lame to give up, loser. No wonder your dad won't hug you.

S H I L L T H R E A D

I'm gonna make this thread good again.

So, what happened to Hegemol? He gets his armor stolen by a maggot, and it's not like his body would be hard to spot, given how chunky he is.

Attached: image0-2.jpg (1300x1600, 316K)

Hegemol is Sly

The maggot killed him in his sleep and ate him from inside out to take the armour. I thought it was obvious.

or he was already dead and maggots did what maggots do

>When I saw that Knight... sleeping... safe in his big armoured shell...
>It wasn't madness that drove me to it... I just wanted it...
You don't think he's talking about politely asking Hegemol to vacate his shell, do you?

I don't think those maggots are killing anyone in their sleep, user. I think it's more likely one of them just came across it and stole, whether in his sleep or not. All the knights kind of fucked off to do their own thing, so maybe Hegemol fucked off to Deepnest? If I remember correctly, the game files for the beast's den have the name "Hegemol" in it, because that was Herra's beta name. Maybe there's still some lore significance to it?

Where to go after killing the Mantis Lords?

Continue through the fungal wastes to get to the City of Tears. Once there, go into the Soul Sanctum to get desolate dive. You'll need that to get into Crystal Peak.

>just came across it and stole
Stole his chitin exoskeleton?

I'm pretty sure it's just armor. The other knights have armor playing around their chests and legs, and since Hegemol is a bit of a paladin, he has a lot more armor to make up for his mass.

>I'm pretty sure it's just armor.
Well, I'm not.
That'd go against the themes of the game, and invalidate the Maggot's dialogue lines.

Not really? The bugs have been shown to wear clothing, and the knights of the Pale King were all wearing white. You think they just all happened to have white exoskeletons?

I don't exclude this possibility, but ceremonial white colors are much simpler applied as a coat of paint, than by making the entire "armor" from specific white materials. That would also explain why they are NOT white at the present time. It simply wore off, while their "armor" is the same.

I love this game

Attached: salubra_skip.webm (1280x720, 2.4M)

Caballero Blanco is clearly wearing metal armor compared to Dung Defender being just his shell

Attached: 64585bbfe167f2eab49262b91d9aa3a56a315fa6.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

>clearly
He's clearly just a palette swap.

it's much shinier

Attached: image.png (310x377, 114K)

I think Dung Defender wears the same armor as EL CABALLERO, it's just brown because he stopped washing it.

deepest lore

If it was armor, it would make sense why the white would wear off with time, or even get stained in the case of the Dung Defender.

Plus with Hegemol specifically, his "head" gets undone just like a helmet, and the body has shoulder and elbow pads. Not to mention the helmet itself had a perfectly straight line down the middle of it, like it was intended to be taken off.

clearly metal

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

The helmets are a special case in Hallownest culture, because everyone wears masks.
And a lot of them are split in the middle

Reminder

>Hegemol... I miss your humour...
>Ze'mer... I miss your stories...
>Dryya... I miss your wisdom...
>Isma... I miss.. I miss you...

>we will never see the Pale King with Monarch wings except for this white silouhette

This is so sad Alexa play Grimm's Theme

Attached: 1550282808867.gif (512x501, 630K)

Bugs shed their exoskeletons. The maggot wore an old one, that's why he falls like a bitch.

A bug can't fuck a plant.. oh wait.

Attached: l2zc7kmh2hn21.png (302x360, 23K)

Exactly, so it's armor

don't start

Attached: png.png (368x408, 189K)

No, you dumdum. Agh, enough, I'm tired of arguing with you maggot apologists. You can believe what you want. Just don't come crying when a maggot slits your throat in your sleep.

I have recently made the decision to not attempt the final pantheon for the same reason. I don't want to associate harsh negativity with this game.
who am I kidding I'm just a huge bitch who's actually satisfied with the pure completion achievement despite it not being actually pure completion

They'll die trying

Attached: image0-4.jpg (542x302, 29K)

are you expecting silksong this year or next year

yes

I'm expecting Silksong to forever taint the name of Hollow Knight by appealing to zoomers and casuals, thus opening the floodgates of shitters

pic related

Attached: quest.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Year after next, honestly. The more I look at updates, the more I see how similar it was to the 4 year Hollow Knight campaign.

>are you expecting silksong

Attached: Screenshot from 2015-09-03 21-08-54.png (382x178, 122K)

>Silksong is a Monster Hunter clone but in 2D

That's way too late son.

It'd take a miracle for it to come out during laste 2019 but without a doubt in my mind it's going to come out next year on the third anniversary of HK. All their focus is pretty much on that game now with the experience of making HK to back up the process further.

For a game with stellar atmosphere, storytelling, lore, and worldbuilding, but meraly a passable combat system, a DLC that's literally just a "lmao beat 53 bosses in a row!" and nothing more is not good content.

at least it was free

I just wish you could face Sly and the Nailmasters fights in the worldmap

>choked at Markoth during my fullbinding run and died to PV soon after because I lost a fuckton of lifeblood
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yeah this is exactly the shit every HK thread devolves into.

fuck godmaster and fuck team cherry

Attached: 1550586107738.gif (160x185, 40K)

Fuck you. I'm going to finish that fullbinding run on PoH before the next Silksong update.

I bought it a few days ago after wanting to play it for quite a while. I just beat the Dung Defender and I'm having so much fun. Great game so far.

>waah why won't people stop reminding I'm a scrub

Imagine if you spent all the hours you did on PV to learn piano.

you sadden me.

Attached: 1552639633985.jpg (600x637, 43K)

We're on Yea Forums mate.

>he doesn't know

Attached: fungal_skip.webm (936x620, 2.2M)

yes we hate videogames here

all the more reason to learn piano?!

>imagine spending time playing video games
interesting thing to post on a board about video games

Also, it might be a shocker but learning how to play the piano takes more than two or three hours.