Skyrim

What went right about this game?

Attached: memed-io-output.jpg (811x1223, 583K)

>be such a self loathing, selfish creature that your father uses you as a a tool of mass murder
>commit cannibalism, fratricide then patricide, shortly followed by genocide

why is Dovakhiin such an asshole?

That picture is a lie, there's not a single solitary spear in all of Skyrim.

>What went right about this game?

it wasnt anime or about being transsexual

Jarl Balgruuf the Ballin'

Nothing, even Oblivion was better.

Comparatively not much.

Attached: DfecZdd.jpg (1024x633, 197K)

The mods mostly. The base game is hot garbage. Hell, you need more mods than an libertarian subreddit to make the game into something that doesn't resemble a rolling dumpster fire.

Goofy art style and a few design choices aside, Oblivion was pretty good. The magic system in particular was much better than in Morrowind and Skyrim and both the Dark Brotherhood and Fighters Guild both had some incredible moments, especially "Whodunit?"

It was able to water down the rpg elements to appeal to both fans of the genre and new players.
Combine that with the game looking damn fine when it came out and the easy selling point of dragons as the big baddies (as opposed to extraplanar demons or ascended dark elves) and it's no surprise it was a hit.
Only reason it's still around is the mod community.

You sleep rather soundly for a murderer...

Attached: gaY3dbx.jpg (1280x800, 69K)

The magic system in Oblivion really is fun to play with.
You can come up with all sorts of spells to help you in every area of the game.
Realizing I can create an AoE spell that lets me unlock every lock in the area and turn myself invisible in one click made me feel like a trickster god.

I actually liked Oblivion and agree with what you said, I just needed an elder scrolls game that's not beloved (can't be Morrowind or Daggerfall) and that's better than Skyrim (sorry Arena), so Oblivion was the only one I could throw under the bus.

Wrong board

True but this is also a drastically better discussion than you could get on Yea Forums

>The magic system in particular was much better than in Morrowind
I disagree. Aside from needing to raise your hands to cast spells, anyway. The pure amount of variety was insane in Morrowind.

Yeah, but Morrowind was broken as shit when it came to magic.

will there ever be a better setting than TES?

Attached: tes planets.jpg (750x859, 82K)

Morrowind's was quite exploitable, especially that one combination(summon 1 second, soulbind 2 seconds I think) that let you permanently summon creatures, but I must say I miss being able to cast spells without having to give up either a weapon or a shield.

>>Yea Forums

Agreed, pretty sure I remember Oblivion being received the same way as Skyrim. An amazing game but severely dumbed down from the previous installment. To be fair though, spellcrafting entirely breaks both games to the point where you can just about 1 shot anything with no trouble.

Morrowind was broken as shit in general. But it was the fun kind of broken, the one where you can inhale 60 liters of opium and run so fast you'll skip off a rock and end up on the other side of the world.

Sounds like Finland.

[PERKELE intensifies]

>inhales a bag of pervitin

Attached: spurdo speed.png (1280x2090, 569K)

Fuck off to Yea Forums, retard

I don't think this image is right. Masser, Secunda, Nirn and I think all the other planets are part of Mundus, and outside that is Oblivion, then Aetherius.

Unironically. Balgruuf for High King. He is nothing but level-headed, wants the best for his people, acts calmly and rationally to both the ongoing civil-war, and the dragon outbreak, treats you fairly and respectfully, and freely helps you out.

I just want to say, that one of my favorite things about the history of Skyrim is that it can be summarized thusly-
>A bunch of Nords show up.
>Look around.
>"Fuck these elves"

Imperials or Stormcloaks? There's only one right answer the Thalmor.

This.

Attached: 20180307001812_1.jpg (1920x1080, 533K)

>appeal to both fans of the genre and new players.
Do you have a citation for this or are you just extrapolating from your own biases?

Yeah, that bothered me too

At the time it looked pretty great. Too bad all the stealth was ruined by DARGONS

Attached: 1531191570051.jpg (1033x679, 90K)

It's easy to pick up and by the time you realise how shallow the gameworld is you've already played it for a fair amount of hours. As a result it was widely popular with people who don't usually go in for fantasy RPGs/don't play singleplayer games for hundreds of hours and it made a lot of money.

It did the casual side of elder scrolls really well. That's not a jab. Like to just pick up and play, go adventure, fight some shit, and spend not-that-much-time digging around in menu screens, it's the best iteration. It's also very shallow compared to some of the others (especially morrowind and oblivion), but whether that's a problem depends on you.

just wait till Friday before posting TES shit, we have a lore thread every weekend. at least then you won't deal with as many newfags telling you to go to Yea Forums

Attached: 1394227251949.jpg (271x423, 30K)

me too

Yes, any and all of them.

that's why i always chose imperials after the first misguided playthrough.

Mods