Implying an unfinished one-off demo is indicative of a final product's performance

>implying an unfinished one-off demo is indicative of a final product's performance
Look, google is going to win and there is nothing you can do

They will fix the lag problems by launch and have a full library of AAA and AA games

Infinite computing power at their jewgle servers across the world. I will still own a console, but there is literally no reason to own a gaming PC after this. Google won

Attached: PC CUCKS BTFO.png (1200x800, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/455362656/#455387683
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHU6yLH8yeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Enough with the shilling. Nobody here falls for this shit.

Listen here, Trump.

If Google were to actually put in effort into becoming a country-wide top ISP in the USA with $15/month 1000mbps speeds, I'll gladly use this shit.

Until then, most of America is stuck in the 30mbps era. If Google really wants to win, they're going to have to truly become the top ISP and put in effort into doing so. They have enough money so do it.

Until then, I'm not sure it'll take off for another few years. I mean fuck, there's some households using DSL still.

I can't believe Google is going to break the laws of physics by launch

>They will fix the lag problems
can't fix physics

No thanks, i prefer to own my games

Attached: 382.jpg (718x718, 69K)

Streaming is the future faggot. Games are becoming ridiculously large. Shitty ones too, like Black Ops 3 was 180 gigs.
I don't know how long it will take but in the future we will be laughing at morons like you that were "building" 1500$ PCs just to play games, and most PCtards still can't play most games at 4k 60fps kek.

>implying any company that has every attempted what google is doing not has ever made a profit off of Streaming video games.

how many times are you going to post this

you're obviously trolling at this point, but I want to let you know that there is much better bait to be had

as the law stands today, you don't actually own any of your games no matter how you bought them or access them, even the physical ones you have sitting in your flat. you don't own them, you license them.

Eat a dick

Attached: 674E5967-1A3E-435B-B57F-8054AC2430E4.jpg (1024x1024, 161K)

It's true. Convince me otherwise and I'll tell you why you're a moron. Matter of fact I'll tell you right away. First of all only Pajeets game on PC.

>No serious person or a game developer plays on a PC and games are developed with a focus on consoles and there's a reason for it.
>On consoles you have a better community. Ironically the PC "Master Race" only has casuals playing while the community is shit.
>Playing games with a keyboard and mouse is absolutely retarded and you look like an idiot. Sure FPS games might be better with a K&M but only if you're a tryhard competitive asshat.
>The Last of Us 2 has better graphics than ANY fucking PC game on max settings and resolution. ROLF.
>Exclusive games.
>No need for a shitty OS like Windows 10 to run your games.
>Comfy huge TVs and controllers.

I got more reasons but that's enough for now.

you own games you buy from GOG

Didn't Playstation do it first?
Doesnt Nintendo has a lot of "Cloud edition" games in japan for streaming?

Nope you only own the license. GOG has no games.

>>The Last of Us 2 has better graphics than ANY fucking PC game on max settings and resolution. ROLF.
you haven't seen DMC5 or RE2, I take it

You're assuming everyone's a zoomer. I still have DOOM on 3 1/2" floppy disks. I still have Pool of Radiance for Commodore 64 on 5 1/4" floppy disks.

Attached: 1435862276460.jpg (345x468, 30K)

Reminder a normalfag on his macbook will get the same performance as your 2080 Ti

Attached: 1553209616023.jpg (474x473, 12K)

except you can make as many copies of games you download from GOG as you want, and they can never take them away from you once you download them.

you just need the local government to build their own isp
after ours started the first phase of it my speeds randomly jumped from 20mbs to this

I didn't touch anything with my plan at all they just "upgraded" it

Attached: speed.webm (640x360, 132K)

Cool story gramps. Streaming is the future so either deal with it or get left behind and enjoy your outdated meme games

Both games look better on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X than 90% of PC tard $3000 rigs ROLFMAO

and 250ms input lag

It is the future. It's not today. The infrastructure doesn't exist to accomplish what Google is promising. Everybody already knows this. You can go fuck yourself.

now you're just being silly

why do you mustards try to so hard to justify spending 100000 dollars to only be able to play pixelshit shovelware lmfao. no one wants to read your 20 paragraph essay buddy, just get a ps4 already you dumb cuck

Preach brother.
Xbox + PS4 alliance needs to happen.
Please, don't make barriers between Micro/Sony, unite against PC fags!

>complains that he won't read a "20 paragraph essay"
>posts something longer

Attached: 1368417815531.jpg (1280x724, 182K)

and you're mad

that's what happens when monopolies gets competition

>First of all only Pajeets game on PC
Pajeets don't even have the luxury of playing video games at all.
>No serious person or a game developer plays on a PC
No true Scotsman.
>On consoles you have a better community.
The nigger blaring Gangster rap while his child and woman cries in the background as some less than 15 year old Kid sings along to the gangster rap sure is a good community.
>Playing games with a keyboard and mouse is absolutely retarded
It's not like you can use any type of controller on a Pc or anything. That would be ludicrous.
>The Last of Us 2 has better graphics than ANY ~
Because graphics are everything right?
>Exclusive games.
Because Pc doesn't have those.
>No need for a shitty OS like Windows 10 to run your games.
Because Consoles don't have OS.
>Comfy huge TVs and controllers.
Sure as fuck can't use those with a PC.

Sure showed me. With all your Ground facts and irrefutable proof you showcased.

Microsoft is all but done in the console market, partnering with Nintendo and releasing MCC on Steam is proof enough of that.

Mad cuz you know it's true. Why do you think no game developers play on a PC? Are they stupid and you're not? I'm sure they know better than just some basement dwelling Yea Forumstard faggots.
Also, never thought so many dicks could get triggered into being pussie

Pc Did it first with Onlive.

Are you a bot? Why are you posting the same exact post with the exact same pics?

You're losing it. They're not paying you enough. You've got more dignity than this. I know it's hard to find a job but this can't be a fulfilling career path. You're just going to get more and more depressed.

Attached: 1314738052836.jpg (209x205, 41K)

>implying an unfinished one-off demo is indicative of a final product's performance

it was literally a behind-closed-doors test build in a hotel room expecting a one-off test build running in a debugger to be the same as a final game it's not supposed to look good

They will fix it trust me

Attached: 1553209667989.jpg (1920x1080, 271K)

Actually moron there is NOTHING more to a PC than playing 4k 60FPS. PC has no exclusives and playing pc games on PC just makes you look retarded

Reminder that 3rd party companies are paid to shill and derail on Yea Forums.
Not only that but it has caused people to troll by pretending to be them for yous.
Dont come to Yea Forums for serious discussion about games. You wont get any valuable information.

>playing pc games on PC just makes you look retarded
to who, all the people I invite into my home to watch me play video games?

Because Modding, Playing the game in any way you see fit both mechanically, aesthetically and physically isn't a thing that all PCs have.

user, what the fuck are you doing, you are just pasting posts from an earlier thread. Are you sick? Do you need to talk?

It's fine if you know how to tell the difference and don't make the problem worse.

Get a life loser.

>babby's first dev conference
>expects everything to be finalized code
kek
if anything, showing a finalized game running better is a good thing (tm) since if it were the opposite, you'd just be saying "hurr durr it's just a tech demo of course it's running at 120 fps!"

You win by not playing.

but then how would I play video games?

You can't code electrons to move faster. This is a logistics issue. An infrastructure issue. Not a coding issue.

Just think:
>mcdonalds releases the big Mac and everyone loves it
>fag goes "hey this is great, im inspired to make my own burgers"
>makes own burgers and becomes a chef
Vs
>mcdonalds releases the big Mac and everyone loves it
>fag goes "hey this is great, but you know what would be cooler? If I made my OWN big mac!!!"
>buys big Macs from McDonald's, puts copious amounts of mustard in each of them, and gives them out for free on the street
>McDonald's lawyer immediately goes to his stand
>"I'm sorry sir but this is copyright infringement, you are not allowed to give away our product for free."
>WHAT? BUT IM NOT PROFITING OFF OF IT!!! ITS A LABOR OF LOVE!!! IM GIVING YOU GUYS FREE PUBLICITY
>"No sir that's not how copyright works, now get down on the ground"
>gets grabbed by police
>REEEEEEEE THIS IS A TRAVESTY, BURGER KING WOULD LET ME DO THIS
>"Yes and there's a reason we are successful and Burger King is not"
>AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *farting*
>tries to grab cops gun
>Fails horribly and gets shot
>Dies

Which one seems like the most logical choice?

Attached: 1458530972720.jpg (1159x1482, 829K)

Reminder that mobile gaming has exceeded PC, console and handheld combined

You don't have to be the target demographic for a product to be extremely successful. You don't even have to understand it

Game streaming is the next mobile

Just like OnLive, right?

I can tell you aren't a bot, why the fuck are you doing this? Please tell me.

It's really not fine. The signal to noise ratio is so bad they make up the majority of posts. This shilling is beyond pathetic.

Mobile gaming is just a complete different market altogether

No company has managed to do Streaming games in such a way that makes people want to actually use the service.
They always get a very crucial thing wrong. It's always the same thing too.
Input Lag/Latency.
Shits always 250 latency at the absolute best. It doesn't fucking matter if you were connected to the database the game is running from by a 2 inch cord. This shit has always had terrible latency.

So excuse me for being skeptical about something that has failed everyone that has tried it.

None of the biggest videogame markets in the world have an connection good enough to handle this thing, maybe some individuals, but not a global market. . This may be the future, but we are not there yet.

Google is selling the cart before the horse here, is just a question to see if this project survives long enough for this whole streaming thing to be actually reliable.

It's just a one off. it's not meant for consumers

Why is Yea Forums doomposting so hard in regards to Google Stadia? I understand that you're mostly hardcore gamerz and not in the target audience, but I'm a college kid who spend all my money on alcohol for girls and have no money for a gamur pc. Project Stream was a godsend for me. I will admit there's some input lag and things are a little unresponsive but it's good games, for cheap, with no heavy duty hardware needed.
Isn't that good for gaming? It brings in a wider audience and more cash money for the studios, regardless of it fitting you or not.

Attached: 1447258929019.gif (350x350, 1.01M)

> wanting the future to be worse that the present.

>never watched a GDC or Google IO keynote
if it were in their press conference, I would understand the criticism, but it's always just a hands-on demonstration of "how to use feature x or y". this is not e3.
it was a tech demo for GDC (note the letters G and D), they will fix it

>Food analogy
Terrible
Let me fix that for you.
Store A makes Hamburgers. Have been for years. Doesn't stop other people from making hamburgers
Store B Crops up recently. makes Hamburger and Hotdogs and prevents Store A or C-Z from ever making Hotdogs of any kind. Shit talks Store A constantly.
Store B also has terrible Customer Service pays it's fry cook 10 more cents and hour than Store A's Fry cook.

I was always in the camp of there's a space for it to live, but it won't be able to make as much money as it wants. I'm a big player of turn based strategy games and this format would be perfectly fine with those games. The trouble is whenever I have the time and desire to play those kinds of games I just get on my PC. If I'm out of the house I'm actually out doing shit and I don't have time to play anything. Every time I envision any sort of scenario where this service could ever gain traction it's always very specific circumstances that seem unusual or unlikely. Anyone rich enough to afford a tablet or phone worth playing these games on is also going to be rich enough to afford a better device to play it on without all of the obvious latency issues. I have trouble with the idea that zoomers will stop buying PCs and consoles just to have a youtube compressed, more restricted, less responsive version of a game; especially when the games themselves would be comparable in price.

friendly reminder that OP's having a meltdown and pretending to be a bot.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/455362656/#455387683

they "upgraded" it so they could spy on you better without lag

I liked owning my physical media too back in the day, I liked having my own 2U rackmount in my house but I can also see the future coming in which DRM combined with IPV6 backing everything will usher in a rental world of media, it won't be profitable for companies to keep humoring physical media with

>Why is Yea Forums doomposting so hard
It's Yea Forums's signature move. How long have you been here?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHU6yLH8yeY
uh oh

That is just a one off post. You can't say it's final.

Read my post again. This is not a coding issue. The problems with this venture have to do with the networking infrastructure in the U.S. and the rest of the world as well. Tens of billions of dollars, or more, would need to be invested into networking infrastructure worldwide for this to even function as advertised.

it was a tech demo for GDC (note the letters G and D), not mainstream at all
it's a one-off to show it running with a debugger in real time
any time you're running it from a debugger, it's not meant for consumers
if you wanted a demo made for consumers, you should have played the project stream beta since it's a finalized build of an actual game
if anything, developers would understand it more than you retards trying to compare fps
it was literally a behind-closed-doors test build in a hotel room you're the one expecting a one-off test build running in a debugger to be the same as a final game

>unfinished one-off tech demos should run better than finalized games
ok retard

ok retard

This is just fucking embarassing.

Data caps.

ostensibly, it might be a good thing for gaming. But the input lag will kill it regardless of how good or bad for the medium the concept might be. Normalfags don't have particularly high standards, but they expect to jump when they press jump.

Imagine being the person responsible for this, looking at those stands and saying "Yep. Nothing wrong with that, no siree"

Attached: 1535544192043.jpg (2048x1536, 400K)

any time you're running it from a debugger, it's not meant for consumers
if you wanted a demo made for consumers, you should have played the project stream beta since it's a finalized build of an actual game

The "product" is just a vector. I'm sure that will work just fine. The PROBLEM is the method by which this service is being distributed to people and how they will interact with the product.

Your car might be able to go 220 miles per hour, but if every road in the country is made of dirt and discarded carpenter's nails then it's not going to fucking matter.

Someone reviewed Stadia playing AC:Odyssey at 4k 60FPS FOR FUCKS SAKES (nobody games at 4k 60fps not even PC fags) and said that aside from a few hickups and minimal input lag it was a very enjoyable experience.
This is the fucking beginning. Of course it's gonna be rough at first but fucking 4k 60fps???!!! Are you serious?

the only way that google would fix the lag is by making the light go faster.

>Implying and Streaming game service has every had Latency under 250 ms.
Doesn't matter how fucking good it looks. how quick it loads, or where and what I can use the service on. If I press the left analog up and it doesn't immediately move my character up as I press the fucking direction on the stick.
It have rot in fucking hell with the rest of the Stream game Services.

I have a few normie friends who don't even know their TV has a gaming mode and the 200~ ms input lag doesn't bother them. It depends on the game but anyone using this service will be playing casualized games anyway. Once they get the bugs ironed out the input lag ought to be no more than 200ms, which will definitely be serviceable. Not for me, not for you, and not for the autist raging while reading this, but for normies, and there's millions of them.

>unfinished one-off tech demos should run better than finalized service
ok retard

>it dips to fucking 7 fps
you absolute double nigger it doesn't matter that it's behind closed doors, that's absolute shit, it'll take a hell of a lot to fix that

ok retard

4k60 is completely normal for PC enthusiasts

Repeating the same shit isn't going to convince anyone of anything. I'm literally proving you wrong and you have no response. No argument. You'd think for a shill shilling some shill shit you'd at least know SOMETHING about the technology, but you don't. You're uneducated. You probably only barely graduated high school. You're not qualified to do anything. You just have a script while you sit around and shitpost. You're pathetic.

here's your (You) google shill, now shoo

Most modern HDTVs don't have anywhere near 200ms input lag. I mean a lot of them are bad but not that bad.
Also you're combining the input latency from the TV with the input latency from the streaming service, so it's going to be even worse than just playing a console game on a TV with high lag.

user, he's just playing pretend

I actually started with valid arguments and all your responses were frothing cries of "shill!"
You are going to over heat your bulb with all the projection.

Bullshit. What am I shilling if your claim that I'm projecting is correct? Bing?

Attached: 1375414712367.jpg (345x378, 27K)

I highly doubt those things were selected randomly. They're clearly meant to be failures

Not an argument, sweaty.

For what purpose? Why the "coming soon" sign? So many questions

The boot fits, mate. If you don't want to be called out for it, don't do it

>Most modern HDTVs don't have anywhere near 200ms input lag. I mean a lot of them are bad but not that bad.
Without gaming mode? Hell yes they are. Especially the ones with motion interpolation on.

And no, there's no combining, this isn't a console so it's not something people are playing on TV, it's mostly going to be popular on tablets and shit like that

Explain how this will ever take off while data caps are still a thing? You think after the first month when people fuck over their limit they will keep using this?

Baseless ad hominem isn't an argument, reddit.

I don't know what the intended meaning is, I feel like there's something out of the frame that would explain everything. But those are clearly all failures. No one would randomly select ET for the 2600 for fuck's sake.

Uh huh. You didn't call out shit. You're limply, meekly, impotently trying to draw attention away from the fact that you reached the end of your script and don't know what to do. Time to abandon this thread and start a new one, right? Suck me dry, shill faggot.

Attached: 1385256066967.jpg (1401x1011, 166K)

Using the word reddit doesn't make you belong here, marketer. Crying about being called names is not the behavior of the people who belong here.

>And no, there's no combining
Hell yes there is. Input latency from the panel doesn't magically go away when you use a streaming service even if its integrated into the TV. And you're absolutely delusional if you think people are going to suddenly stop playing video games on their TVs if streaming becomes popular.

You sound upset. Understandable. If you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate. Better luck next time.

>If Google were to actually put in effort into becoming a country-wide top ISP in the USA with $15/month 1000mbps speeds, I'll gladly use this shit.

Comcast and others have been lobbying like crazy against Google. It's why Google Fiber won't take off.

The message you feel "compelled" to repeat hundreds of times a day out of the goodness of your heart. This message has been torn to shreds by literally anybody who comes into any of these threads. This technology will not work because the world does not run on fiber and $50,000 routers in every home. It runs on copper and a prayer. That's what Google will have to change in order for this shit to work. This is not a debate. It's the reality you're supposed to be living in.

Sure thing OP

Attached: 1553033299788.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

TVs that have built in apps typically run them in a sort of "gaming mode" (are you only reading half of my posts? because you've completely ignored this part) when it's not processing video, which lowers input lag to the 20-30ms level

And stadia isn't a console so it's not going to be plugged into a TV. So no, the case of someone having heavy input lag due to both a) running the TV in non-gaming mode and b) streaming, is an overlap that just won't happen except in very rare cases

nvidia already did this, tards

No, it really has not been torn to shreds.
The fact that you took that to be a personal attack 100% confirms you are upset. And there's nothing wrong with that, except you shouldn't let being unable to articulate any valid argument on Yea Forums affect you emotionally to such an extent.

That's almost playable compared to this

Attached: 1545161569753.webm (752x398, 1.44M)

>even with superfast internet the latency will be 112 ms

Disengaging from a discussion because you don't like the words being spoken to you is what someone who has no argument does. Winners do not back down. They engage. You are not addressing any of my points because of what? You think I'm mad and therefore must be incorrect? This is a logical fallacy. Even if I were white knuckle furious, which this topic does not merit, it wouldn't change the validity of my points. This isn't my first rodeo, cock sucker. I know when people lose arguments. They'll come up with any excuse they can to avoid admitting they're wrong. Just like you're doing. Putting your head in the sand and claiming you won when you were eviscerated by dozens of people. If you were right, or correct, you would not spend hours hiding exactly why. You would be flaunting it in our faces. You would be jumping at the opportunity to prove it. But you're not. You're running away while pretending that you already proved it.

Here's a sampling of HDTVs tested by Rtings for input lag, outside of gaming mode none of them reach 200ms and only a few of them come anywhere close. And I'm not ignoring the existence of gaming mode, which you seem to believe eliminates input lag and doesn't just reduce it.

Similarly an smart tv app running in "gaming mode" will not elimiate input lag, whether it's from a box plugged into a TV or an app is irrelevant. A TV with heavy input lag will combined with streaming will compound the issue in EVERY case because there is no such thing as an HDTV with a 0 input lag mode.

Attached: rtings.png (801x980, 89K)

I mean, you are projecting non stop. You did it in this very post.
Do you have an argument or not? I'm leaning towards no.

I meant combining non-gaming mode input lag with streaming, since the two will not coincide as Stadia isn't an output device..

Every fucking monitor or TV has inherent input lag, you don't have 0ms input lag even on your PC. So the display will of course add some inherent delay, as it does with any console or PC. All I'm saying is the case where a retarded person is running the TV in non-gaming mode AND streaming will not occur.

>TVs that have built in apps typically run them in a sort of "gaming mode
I dunno what smart TV you're using but basically none of them default to gaming mode when running apps.

Ignoring the points people make to prove you wrong doesn't make you correct. It makes you ignorant. Pretending like people aren't proving you wrong doesn't make you right. It makes you ignorant. All you can do is believe they will "fix it" when you refuse to acknowledge that the problem isn't their hardware or software. It's the infrastructure they have almost no control over. Do you understand what the word infrastructure means?

They don't change modes, they just have no image post process running while you're using the app and not playing video through it. It's video processing that lags smart TVs, particularly motion interpolation

Combining gaming mode latency with the latency from streaming will always have worse input lag than combing gaming mode with a dedicated console or PC plugged in.
>since the two will not coincide as Stadia isn't an output device..
Again this is irrelevant since input lag isn't determined by whether it's an app or a device you plug in.

That's not how it works at all. Video processing doesn't disappear when using a smart tv app to play video or play games.

It can be, but when all the ignorance came from your side of the aisle, and you then resort to crying about nobody taking your points seriously, it's accurate.

Look at you go ignoring the point again. Like clockwork. Like a puppet on strings you will do whatever you can to run around in circles and never listen to what people tell you. If your opinion's validity is predicated on the assumption that only people who are nice to you can be correct then you have no credibility and should be ignored. Your feelings are irrelevant to the truth. You do not understand this technology. Everybody else does.

It does if it's a good TV? My menus and Netflix etc are incredibly responsive, and those aren't running in gaming mode. It just automatically turns shit off when it's not processing video.

Your own ignorance doesn't extend to the minds of others, so just spewing nonsense doesn't really sway anyone.

>Combining gaming mode latency with the latency from streaming will always have worse input lag than combing gaming mode with a dedicated console or PC plugged in.
Of course. This is basically saying that streaming has more latency than not streaming. This is obvious.

>this is irrelevant
Input lag on TVs is incredibly complex, there's all kinds of settings and modes that change it. It's not static.

There's literally nobody in this thread that disagrees with the facts about how computer networking functions. I have nothing to convince anybody of because what I'm stating are not opinions. You're more than free to explain to everybody who understands how this all works how Google is going to "fix" a problem they have no control over. You want to act like you're the smart one here. Take the fucking opportunity.

Your inputs navigating netflix menus aren't being streamed from a server. Your TV is still running post processing when running video (ie a stream) regardless of whether its an app.

Netflix UI is not being processed off-site and streamed to you.

>This is basically saying that streaming has more latency than not streaming. This is obvious.
The original argument was that heavy input lag is somehow only an issue for devices like consoles combined with non-gaming mode which is simply not the case.
>Input lag on TVs is incredibly complex, there's all kinds of settings and modes that change it. It's not static.
Sure but there's no evidence that streaming video somehow changes settings to reduce input lag vs playing video locally.

Implying this is fucking English. What the fuck are you trying to say?

A smart TV knows the difference between when you're just fucking around in menus and when you're actually decoding streamed video. It can (and should) disable things like motion interpolation while you're in menus to increase responsiveness. This happens within the same app, not "whether it's an app". Just like I can turn vsync off in a PC program to increase responsiveness.

Again, just because you don't understand how computer networking functions doesn't mean others are subject to the same disposition.

>A smart TV knows the difference between when you're just fucking around in menus and when you're actually decoding streamed video.

We're talking about game streaming which involves the latter, not the former. Streaming a video game using an app doesn't automatically disable post processing settings.

I've been a network engineer for 14 years. Give me your best shot. Throw as much jargon at me as you like and I'll be happy to point out every single instance where you use a term you don't understand, make an irrelevant point, or contradict yourself due to your ineptitude. I'm all ears, pussy.

Attached: 1329133019982.jpg (454x350, 37K)

>The original argument was that heavy input lag is somehow only an issue for devices like consoles combined with non-gaming mode which is simply not the case.
The original argument was that non-gaming mode is approximately equal to streaming in terms of latency, and while someone might have a configuration in which they combine, it is not likely

>Sure but there's no evidence that streaming video somehow changes settings to reduce input lag vs playing video locally.
A properly designed app would minimize input lag to gaming mode levels.

>We're talking about game streaming which involves the latter, not the former.
The point is that the app has demonstrable control over the post process environment, so it can indeed disable settings to minimize lag

>The original argument was that non-gaming mode is approximately equal to streaming in terms of latency
Which makes no sense since you're comparing the latency of the source to the latency of the display.
>and while someone might have a configuration in which they combine, it is not likely
It's no less likely than the latency from non-gaming mode combining with the minuscule latency from a console or other device. Streaming a game from an app doesn't magically change your TV's post processing settings.

>A properly designed app would minimize input lag to gaming mode levels.
No app can eliminate the input lag from the display when streaming. Using the menu of the app itself isn't comparable.

Look, we all know we will have mobile fold-able 4K monitors(and VR lenses) in our pockets that will have performance of 100 of 1000 Xeons/Threadrippers/5xSLI RTX3080Ti
on server side.
They will be delivered on your client side by magic of fiber&laser& 6G internet without any conceivable lag in 4K@144hz , and it will cost 1.99$ a month, you will be able to access
whole libraries of gamendium for free.

There will be no more piracy, no more hardware problems, you will be assimilated in network and there will be no new generation of programmers, IT engineers or anything,
no new kids will have access to fuck with their PCs, no one will go to schools anymore.

It will be beautiful, this silicon monster that we created will eat itself out of pure greed.

So, enjoy your Google Foldable SAMOLED screen that weights 20 grams,
future will be tremendous.

>The point is that the app has demonstrable control over the post process environment,
No it doesn't. At least not when it comes to actual video. There is no app that automatically disables settings and minimizes lag for you.

You really love to posture and project.
I assumed you were upset, evidenced by the profanity laced personal attacks, because of an inability to present a single argument. Not that your current mood was impacting the exchange. It's really not worth getting salty over internet arguments, after all.
We can fling shit at each other all day, but unless you present an actual argument, I'm just going to leave.

You just went all out, guns blazin...
didn't ya?
So, how's mom?
Say hi to your parents

Say hi to your mom for me

>Which makes no sense since you're comparing the latency of the source to the latency of the display.
What doesn't make sense? I'm comparing LATENCY with LATENCY. If you have a monitor with 200ms delay, and over in corner B, you have a monitor with 0ms delay playing a 200ms delayed stream, the experience will be the same. Can you understand this much?

>It's no less likely than the latency from non-gaming mode combining with the minuscule latency from a console or other device
All it takes is someone to not configure their TV properly. I'm sure it happens often enough.

>Streaming a game from an app doesn't magically change your TV's post processing settings.
My TV disables post processing in menus so this has to be wrong, at least in this case. Maybe in more primitive TVs there's only blanket post process settings but I doubt stadia will work with those anyway

>No app can eliminate the input lag from the display when streaming.
For the love of god, when did I say this? God you're fucking dense. I didn't say it would elminate, or even change, STREAMING lag, I said it would reduce the DISPLAY lag down to gaming mode levels, such that STREAMING LAG and NON-GAMING MODE LAG should never overlap.

Well it happens all the time on Netflix. It disables settings to make the menu responsive and turns the post processing back on when it's streaming video. If Netflix can do it I think google can probably figure it out, though I will admit it probably depends on the TV, it's not like smart TVs are a standard environmen

yea, but that licence give you right to devour content AS IS in almost endless ways.

>It disables settings to make the menu responsive and turns the post processing back on when it's streaming video.

Guess what you're going to be doing when STREMAING a game. hint: it's not using the local menu inputs

You know damn well what I said.
I just flubbed a bit on the spelling on two words.

The latency will make games unplayable. Google has no control over the latency. This project will not succeed. You have no rational argument against this singular point.
You might try to argue that the games will be playable. They will be without a doubt the worst experience you can have of any game that has a console or PC version to compare it to.
You might argue that Google can fix this. They cannot. Google does not have a monopoly over the networking infrastructure in the United States or the rest of the world. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link and most customers are attached to the weakest links. Google cannot force other ISPs to change their hardware or policies to make this service run smoother. ISPs have every reason to prevent this from succeeding since it will be giving their competition even more power.
You might argue that this project will succeed despite this. A conclusion like this is not logical or rational.

Leaving isn't going to make these points disappear. You will not address any of these points. You do not have the cerebral fortitude. You've cowered away from every prompt to make a point. You've run from every argument. Your goal is to simply take up time and space on Yea Forums because you are a shill being paid to spam this place. You are transparent.

Pool of Radiance on C64 is more immersive than Skyrim.
And you can quote me on this!

God... the POINT is the app has CONTROL. It doesn't have to turn post processing back on for video processing, it can just keep them off, period.

My TV doesn't even have a gaming mode setting for apps. It's greyed out. It gives the apps full control.

The code wheel and hand-drawing your own maps to find secret treasure rooms is a cherished memory of my childhood.

Farting on a baseball cap is more inmersive than Skyrim

>I'm comparing LATENCY with LATENCY.
You're treating them as mutual as if they can't overlap because of some magic app powers.
>you have a monitor with 0ms delay
"Every fucking monitor or TV has inherent input lag, you don't have 0ms input lag even on your PC."
>All it takes is someone to not configure their TV properly. I'm sure it happens often enough.
Streaming apps don't magically configure your TV settings for you.
>My TV disables post processing in menus so this has to be wrong, a
In menu. Playing a game over stream video isn't the same as navigating the menu of the app itself. Why can't you grasp this?

>I said it would reduce the DISPLAY lag down to gaming mode levels
Except it doesn't. Streaming lag will always overlap with the lag of the display, and again the app. If anyone here is dense its you for not grasping this and insisting running a stream through an app will automatically change your TV's input latency.

>God... the POINT is the app has CONTROL.
Not over the input latency of the STREAMING VIDEO. And

>Post on thread about Stadia
>Say bad things about it
>Captcha suddenly enters nightmare mode

I know this is just a coincidence, but it has happened twice to me already

How will they fix people that have limited ISP access and so they have not the best internet speeds?

>They will fix the lag problems by launch
>t-they will defy the laws of physics by launch, honest!
kek, just think of how retarded you sound right now, shill.

Attached: future of gaming 2.webm (752x398, 1.49M)

My TV does the same thing when my console is plugged into the proper HDMI input. If you're TV is smart enough to adjust its settings with an app its probably smart enough to recognize what kind of devices are plugged into it. Either way this is all irrelevant since theres no less overlap between streaming + TV latency vs console/pc/whatever + TV latency.

Doesn't matter, the whole thing shits itself even in the most optimal of conditions. See

But the App can't and never will have control over the Latency.
That's a issue far outside of googles control.
All Monitors and TV's have latency. There isn't a single one that doesn't.
The latency on your monitor is something to can fuck with and lower or whatever but Google has no power over the latency of their app to your device. Due to the issue being yours and everyone else service provider inherently having huge latency on streaming.

No matter how great your TV is, How fast your download and upload speed is. or how much work Google puts into the service. It is all fruitless because your Internet Provider won't allow it.

So you don't have any arguments whatsoever? Cool. We're done here then.

>You're treating them as mutual as if they can't overlap because of some magic app powers.
On a properly written TV app, they should be. You should only get gaming mode lag + streaming lag, never heavy post processing lag + streaming lag.
>"Every fucking monitor or TV has inherent input lag, you don't have 0ms input lag even on your PC."
Oh so now I'm right, when it's convenient for your argument? God this isn't even relevant, it was an example meant to show that 200ms here or 200ms there will be effectively the same.
>Streaming apps don't magically configure your TV settings for you.
They have a lot more control over the configuration than you're obviously aware, at least on newer Smart TVs
>In menu. Playing a game over stream video isn't the same as navigating the menu of the app itself. Why can't you grasp this?
Why can't you grasp that it's merely a demonstration that the app has control over the TV's configuration?
>Except it doesn't.
Oh it DOESN'T, this is all fucking hypothetical and now you're speaking absolutely, that's great. really.

>Streaming lag will always overlap with the lag of the display,
Never, ever ever said otherwise

> an app will automatically change your TV's input latency.
It's funny you say this as if TVs just have a constant uniform input latency and then you go on to call me dense

it's not even just input delay, either. it's input delay plus silky-smooth 10fps powerpoint frame rate.

Attached: future of gaming 3.webm (1280x720, 1.91M)

You do realize this is you stating you agree with what I'm saying. If you acknowledged that you disagreed with anything you would also acknowledge the presence of an argument.

Attached: 1509064740857.gif (538x572, 338K)

To be fair, that could be that prototype's fault, and not Stadia itself. The videos showing AC seem to be somewhere on the 30FPS range, maybe. It's hard to tell.
It's a fucking shitshow anyway.

Yes, a good TV will recognize the input as a PS4 etc and automatically change to gaming mode, but many TVs aren't this smart and people playing their consoles in non-gaming mode do exist. And all I'm really saying is that non-gaming mode has comparable latency to streaming latency unless you're in antarctica

>You should only get gaming mode lag + streaming lag,
So you admit they will overlap?
>never heavy post processing lag + streaming lag
You're making a lot of assumptions on how apps work. Even steams own streaming TV app (yes they have one) doesn't automatically change post processing settings.
>Oh so now I'm right, when it's convenient for your argument?
Actually it's just convenient for pointing out how you're contradicting yourself. Your example is irrelevant because game streaming doesn't reduce display lag anymore than playing locally would.
>They have a lot more control over the configuration than you're obviously aware, at least on newer Smart TVs
I have a 2018 4KTV and you're completely wrong. Apps don't automatically change its video post processing settings based on content (inb4 an app menu is content)
>Why can't you grasp that it's merely a demonstration that the app has control over the TV's configuration?
Because you're conflating the configuration within app menus with streaming video.
>Oh it DOESN'T, this is all fucking hypothetical and now you're speaking absolutely, that's great. really.
It's not hypothetical at all. The already heavy latency from streaming will objectively compound with the latency from your display, its an indisputable fact.
>Never, ever ever said otherwise
"And no, there's no combining, this isn't a console so it's not something people are playing on TV"
>> an app will automatically change your TV's input latency.
>It's funny you say this as
It's a good thing I didn't. And you are extremely dense.

Hm, still no argument. I'd love to try and coax you into critical thought and honest debate, but apparently it just isn't going to happen.

Maybe if you make a new thread you won't run into me. Better hop to it, dick sucking shill. Or is your shift almost over?

Imagine being a desperate pc cuck shilling so hard for big brother.

If most TVs aren't that smart then why would you assume they're smart enough to change automatically when streaming a video game? The point is that TV latency will overlap with latency from game streaming which is much worse compared to playing a console on a TV even with bad display latency, whether or not it's running game mode doesn't change that fact.

Baseless ad hominem isn't an argument, reddit.

Continually claiming someone doesn't have an argument doesn't win you the argument, retard. If you're looking for an argument I recommend you read for the first time because I know you didn't bother to read it before. That's where you can find a point to argue. I spelled it out for you nice and clean. You could split it up into individual sentences and address every single one if you wanted to prove your opinions are valid. But you have no interest in that. All you can do is try to deflect the criticism against you against the person handing it out to you like it's supposed to be effective. "NO U don't have an argument!" isn't fooling anybody. Just read this and respond to the points made in it. That's how to argue. Respond to the points. Don't cry for over an hour about how you don't need to respond.

>NO U!
>still no argument
You tried. Not very hard, though.

Who do you think is left in this thread listening to you? Who do you think you're fooling? Honestly it's just me and you at this point. has my argument. Failing to respond to these points is you clearly admitting you have no argument.

I admit your reading comprehension is zero.

Me:
>I have a few normie friends who don't even know their TV has a gaming mode and the 200~ ms input lag doesn't bother them. It depends on the game but anyone using this service will be playing casualized games anyway.

You:
>Most modern HDTVs don't have anywhere near 200ms input lag. I mean a lot of them are bad but not that bad.
(completely ignored gaming mode)

Me:
>Without gaming mode? Hell yes they are. Especially the ones with motion interpolation on.
>And no, there's no combining, this isn't a console so it's not something people are playing on TV, it's mostly going to be popular on tablets and shit like that
As in, there's no combining heavy post process (~200ms) display lag with streaming lag, since the app should disable post processing

>You're making a lot of assumptions on how apps work.
We're both making huge assumptions, I'm going only based on what I've seen and I've seen apps that can effectively force gaming mode when they want to.

>game streaming doesn't reduce display lag
When on earth did I say that.
Jesus Fuck all I said is that game streaming and heavy post processing (that creates a lot of display lag) should never be in a scenario where they're combining.

>(inb4 an app menu is content)
It's part of the fucking program, are you insane? The menu is just as much a part of the program as is the video processing

>Because you're conflating the configuration within app menus with streaming video.
All I said is that the app should be able to reduce display lag down to gaming mode levels. This is a COMPLETELY REASONABLE expectation of modern technology.

>It's not hypothetical at all.
Oh, please link me to the fucking Stadia app then so I can see all of this myself.

Life has many doors Ed boy?

>If most TVs aren't that smart then why would you assume they're smart enough to change automatically when streaming a video game?
The TVs I've experienced are smart enough to reduce or disable post processing in app menus, which indicates that the apps have control over the post process environment. So ultimately it's up to the app, not the user, to put the TV into gaming mode. The reason gaming mode even exists is because most TVs aren't smart enough to detect solely from an input signal if something is a DVD player or a video game console

>whether or not it's running game mode doesn't change that fact.
It makes a huge difference, it all depends what the total input lag is whether it's going to be something it works for your casual gamer or not. Disabling post processing will shave 100ms at least off the input lag so being able to switch into gaming mode (or something effectively equal to gaming mode) is important

Every time a shitty demo of something comes out this thread always gets made, and the problems almost never get fixed to satisfactory degree by the time it comes out.

>>I have a few normie friends who don't even know their TV has a gaming mode and the 200~ ms input lag doesn't bother them. It depends on the game but anyone using this service will be playing casualized games anyway.
>(completely ignored gaming mode)
>>Without gaming mode? Hell yes they are. Especially the ones with motion interpolation on.
>>And no, there's no combining, this isn't a console so it's not something people are playing on TV, it's mostly going to be popular on tablets and shit like that
>As in, there's no combining heavy post process (~200ms) display lag with streaming lag,
You were already proven wrong in half of your first post when the Rtings list was posted. And again I didn't ignore gaming mode, it's just irrelevant to the actual subject of whether streaming lag would combine with the input lag of your TV (it does) compared to consoles or PCs in the same setup.

>since the app should disable post processing
We already went over this. An app does not disable or change the post processing when STREAMING VIDEO (not app menus) anymore than running a console or PC would. And don't pretend Smart TVs are only smart enough to do the former and not the latter when even the most basic of smart TVs are able to recognize when a PC is plugged in and adjust its settings accordingly.

>We're both making huge assumptions
No that's only you, you're basing the idea that an app can "force gaming mode" based off the menu of netflix' app.

>Jesus Fuck all I said is that game streaming and heavy post processing (that creates a lot of display lag) should never be in a scenario where they're combining.
Which is asinine unless you also believe that the scenario of playing regular non-streaming games should never combine with latency from heavy post processing

>It's part of the fucking program, are you insane?
Are you fucking dense? An app menu isn't comparable to the inputs being displayed when actually streaming a video game. The app menu is completely separate from the video being streamed and how said video is being processed.
>All I said is that the app should be able to reduce display lag down to gaming mode levels. This is a COMPLETELY REASONABLE expectation of modern technology.
And yet it doesn't happen in the majority of modern Smart TVs, which isn't surprising since most apps aren't streaming interactive video
>Oh, please link me to the fucking Stadia app then so I can see all of this myself.
You first since you seem to think Stadia app has some magical TV setting controls that consoles don't.

I'm here thinking you meant to respond to someone else.

Attached: 1484002748395.jpg (244x250, 7K)

Nowhere did I say game mode doesn't affect latency. Your reading comprehension is fucking terrible dude.

Google, the company that failed to make a social media website despite having infinite funds? Fat chance

How much does your google job pay you, maybe 5 dollars above minimum wage?

App menus are not the same as inputs while streaming video and your statements on how the TV is put into gaming mode and the reason for its existence are outright false.

Yeah it was meant for

My arguments are in my first post. I can't present a counterargument to someone screaming at facts that hurt their feelings.

Wow! That's the power of (((cloud))) goyming!

Attached: future of gaming.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

>it's just irrelevant to the actual subject of whether streaming lag would combine with the input lag of your TV (it does) compared to consoles or PCs in the same setup.
The only thing I disputed was that getting 200ms display lag combined with 200ms streaming lag is a scenario that shouldn't be occurring to frequently

>something something rtings
Yeah I exaggerated a bit, but then again bodnar tests aren't the full picturee anyway, they're just testing how long it takes for an HDMI signal to be read on the display, which isn't input lag, it's display. Add a console running at 60hz and wireless controller to the mix and it could easily hit 200ms still even if it wasn't already

This is all irrelevant as I said in my first post that stadia is going to be popular on tablets, not TVs, as someone with a device to plug into a TV clearly already has a PC or a console anyway, and Smart TVs are so nonstandard that it's impossible to predict how it will work on any given TV, assuming that TV even gets the app at all

>No that's only you, you're basing the idea that an app can "force gaming mode" based off the menu of netflix' app.
Effectively, yes, that's what's happening though. If reducing or disabling post processing creates the same effective environment as gaming mode, then it might not literally be gaming mode but that's what you're getting

>Which is asinine unless you also believe that the scenario of playing regular non-streaming games should never combine with latency from heavy post processing
All it takes is some dumbass to plug in their console without configuring their TV. I've fucking seen it.

This, completely hypothetical situation, on the other hand, I have not seen, but it seems reasonable to assume that based on the fact that apps have demonstrable control over the post processing environment on a smart tv, that a stadia app would be coded to have that same control and disable the post processing outright instead of only during menus.

>The TVs I've experienced are smart enough to reduce or disable post processing in app menus, which indicates that the apps have control over the post process environment.

Actually it indicates that app menus don't have post processing since it isn't a video stream.

All early third party reviews show that it’s got near console level latency. I’m excited for it.

I'm well aware you couldn't present a counter-argument. This is your failure. You have failed. You have run away from the argument. I've linked you to a perfect post with clear points you can address and you cannot even bring yourself to repeat them and remark on them. Retards like you should be flogged. Get a different fucking job. McDonalds is hiring. You'll at least be able to successfully flip a fucking burger, because you can't do this job correctly when you're this fucking dumb.

The fact that you think I'm saying that Netflix's menus are being streamed over the internet just demonstrates what little reading comprehension you have

This is about Netflix, the app, turning off the TV's local post processing while the user is accessing menus, to eliminate input lag (while accessing menus). It then reenables any and all post processing when the user chooses a video and the streaming actually begins

This is something that happens. Maybe it doesn't happen on your TV. I have no idea how many TVs it affects. But it makes sense that apps would have control over the post processing environment, and can disable it to reduce display lag.

Always online single player already pissed me off to no end in things like Path of Exile and that wasn't even streaming, just a bit of server-side content.

Attached: 0021.jpg (225x225, 6K)

And how does the TV know it's processing video if not for what the app tells it? If there's some kind of global video processing API that all apps feed into then yeah, I really doubt statia is making it as an app to this specific hypothetical smart TV, and verily I highly doubt it will make it to most smart TVs that aren't running android to begin with

Son, you'll be late , turn of frochan and go en mass.

>The only thing I disputed was that getting 200ms display lag combined with 200ms streaming lag is a scenario that shouldn't be occurring to frequently
Me:
"Most modern HDTVs don't have anywhere near 200ms input lag. I mean a lot of them are bad but not that bad."
You:
"Without gaming mode? Hell yes they are. Especially the ones with motion interpolation on."
Then I posted the RTings list showing latency both with and without gaming mode enabled and you decided I was the one ignoring it. You even try to dismiss and discredit it in your own post.

>Add a console running at 60hz and wireless controller to the mix and it could easily hit 200ms still even if it wasn't already
This is some desperate goal post moving. Yet somehow this won't happen with a streamed game and wireless controller (running on fucking Wifi no less) according to you since game streaming will never be played outside of gaming mode thanks to some magical app powers.

>If reducing or disabling post processing creates the same effective environment as gaming mode
Except that's not what's happening. An app menu is not comparable or equatable with an interactive STREAMING VIDEO game. I don't how many times I have to repeat myself to get through to your dense skull.

>All it takes is some dumbass to plug in their console without configuring their TV. I've fucking seen it.
Which is no different than some dumbass plugging in their streaming dongle or using an app without configuring their TV. And don't give me this "apps will automatically configure all your TV settings for you" as if the few TVs smart enough to do that can't do the same with a modern console pluged in.

>but it seems reasonable to assume that based on the fact that apps have demonstrable control over the post processing environment on a smart tv
Based on the menu of Netflix' app. Not on any actual video stream with automatically disabled post processing.

>And how does the TV know it's processing video if not for what the app tells it?
Because an app menu is inherently not streamed video.

>Your reading comprehension is fucking terrible dude.
Everyone is seeing what they want to see in this thread. Your entire argument boils down to "streaming latency will add to whatever inherent latency you already have" which is so fucking obvious it begs the question of why you're so desperately arguing it.

My entire argument is basically that streaming latency will not combine with other common forms of latency because of the way that people will be using Stadia. People will use stadia on tablets and laptops, which already have very low inherent latency, much lower than consumer TVs. So whereas a console gamer has to deal with display lag, a stadia gamer really only has to deal with streaming lag, unless by some bizarre case they have hooked up their laptop or tablet to their TV and are rocking the post process settings of their TV.

And yes, a console connected to a gaming mode TV will still have much less lag than any streaming lag. That's again obvious

The fact that you seemingly can't tell the difference between responsiveness of inputs in an app menu running locally vs handling inputs to a streamed server just demonstrates what little

Netflix, the app, does not "turn off" the TV's post processing settings or force game mode. There is no video being processed in a menu, because it's a fucking app menu. It's like saying your TV is "turning off" post processing on the OSD.

Apps do not have control over the post processing environment, reducing input lag is done by the user.

Do you think apps are just streaming video and menus? You can make an app do whatever you want. It's a program

>The consumer product will perform better than perfect conditions demonstration
lol, are you even trying?

Have a pity (you)

>Apps do not have control over the post processing environment
Can you say this, absolutely, about all TVs?
It really boils down to this because I'm sure you're wrong at least about my TV

I stopped reading, I have just no idea what your problem is

I'm well aware that you are projecting wildly. No need to reiterate the point.

Got anything original to say, loser who can't argue?

>Do you think apps are just streaming video and menus?
>an app menu is inherently not streamed video.
Reading comprehension.

Attached: nPtEjNi.jpg (1599x664, 195K)

Do you think apps are just streaming video and menus?

>Your entire argument boils down to "streaming latency will add to whatever inherent latency you already have" which is so fucking obvious it begs the question of why you're so desperately arguing it.
Actually it begs the question why you're even disputing this basic fact because you're trying to make some point about game modes and streaming apps having less latency then traditionally playing games with a console/pc + TV. I mean you literally responded to my post by telling me how much game mode can reduce input lag despite the fact my post had nothing to do with that.

>My entire argument is basically that streaming latency will not combine with other common forms of latency

It objectively does. This isn't even up for debate, nothing you could possibly follow up on this will change that. Your whole argument that people will not be streaming games from their TVs, as if its not one of the most common and most popular ways to play video games is fucking asinine.

>hey guys use our product that there's no foundation or support for!
>this tech demo with a far better than consumer quality environment isn't indicative of anything bad
>and don't worry about not owning anything, you never did
>now buy our shitty product because I said it's new
>BUY IT

Attached: 1476044253443.jpg (872x685, 104K)

Your inability to read or argue is not my problem.

Do you know how to read?

There is no surer sign of a doomed product than seeing it's advocates talk about how it's the future instead of how it's good.

Can you say absolutely that all TVs can't automatically go into game/pc mode when a modern console/pc is connected?
Because if your TV is smart enough to automatically adjust its settings based on what app is being used then its smart enough to recognize what devices are being input.

Sweet, in case 20 template Epic store threads copypasted day after day weren't enough, we're now getting another batch from google.

Stadia is only meant for casual players, anything else and its just trash

>No competitive due to high latency
>Not being able to play offline
>Most probably no modding

Remember what happened with other google's projects? G glass? G +?...

Does this level of delusion take training, because it's impressive. Screaming insults at posts you don't like isn't an argument.

We really just need to nuke China and California and be done with all this invasion of privacy.

Moms will love it!

Attached: Stadia.jpg (2048x1360, 689K)

>you're trying to make some point about game modes and streaming apps having less latency then traditionally playing games with a console/pc + TV
Oh my god, I have no idea where you read this.

This entire chain of replies has been one gigantic "I only want to read half of your post before replying" clusterfuck after another

>It objectively does. This isn't even up for debate, nothing you could possibly follow up on this will change that.
Did you read what I said, about tablets and laptops? Because I don't think you did. I think you stopped reading when you saw what you wanted see.
Yes, laptops and tablets do have some trivial amount of input lag (and it will depend greatly on which specific ones we're talking about), and that WILL combine with the streaming lag to create a total lag greater than both. But we're talking about a few ms greater than the streaming lag, and insubstantial amount that's not worth talking about more than just the streaming lag itself. In the same way, wireless controllers add a trivial amount of input lag, but if you're playing on a TV, that's your real bottleneck, and the ~1ms of wireless lag you're adding to that is insignficant

> Your whole argument that people will not be streaming games from their TVs
I think stadia apps on TVs are going to be rare as fuck because of how non-standard the smart TV environment is and how specific it needs to be to create a smooth experience. It might happen eventually but for right launch I'm not expecting it to be a common thing. So yeah, i think some dingus hooking a stadia app (how?) to their TV and forgetting to set gaming mode is not going to be something that happens that often.

>Because if your TV is smart enough to automatically adjust its settings based on what app is being used
It's completely the opposite. The app tells the TV what to do.
And I've never seen a TV that can detect a video game console. My brand new OLED doesn't do that

Even for casuals I can't see the point. Mobile and browser games will still be far more responsive, and responsiveness makes games feel so much nicer even if the user doesn't understand why.

Must be terrible to be you. Thankless job shilling for corporations that don't give a fuck about you in front of people who also don't give a fuck about you. At least I'm here by choice. I like spending time here. You've likely never been here before and you're absolutely shocked at how someone could just call you bad words like your feelings don't matter. Abloo-bloo-bloo. Abloo-bloo-bloo-bloo.

He made a ton of arguments. Refute them.

You literally have no idea how smart TVs work.

Don't care my nigga, just joined the thread like a half hour ago. I'm trying to help you out. The overlap between streaming+tv latency will ALWAYS be worse than console+tv latency. And if Stadia ever takes off, people will use it on their TVs and deal with both streaming and display lag, no matter how illogical. Therefor this entire argument is a waste of time.

You've wasted over two hours arguing about something that isn't going to happen. You can keep arguing, I don't care. But learn to pick your battles.

It's a computer. In the same way games (apps) can change your monitor's resolution, an app has control over the TV environment to some extent, to allow it to show menus, browse the web, watch video, interact with video, or even play games. An app can do anything the OS allows it to, so until you want to get extremely specific and talk about a specific TV, so that we can research and see just what apps on that TV can do, I think you really need to shut the fuck up

>The overlap between streaming+tv latency will ALWAYS be worse than console+tv latency.
My entire argument is that the main use case for Stadia is NOT ON A TV and thus EVADES COMMON CONSUMER TV LAG.

God. I fucking hate everyone in this thread so much.

>Oh my god, I have no idea where you read this.
Right here: >So whereas a console gamer has to deal with display lag, a stadia gamer really only has to deal with streaming lag

The only one struggling with reading comprehension here is you. Nobody is talking about tablets and laptops except you, which have fuckall to do with the subject of TV lag adding to the lag from streaming. If you don't want to accept people playing games from their TVs with or without an app thats your fucking problem.

What is the use case? That's something I've been wondering about since this got announced. All I've heard is how it's THE FUTURE(TM), nothing about why anyone would want to use it.

Which for the umpteenth time, is an asinine argument since on of the main use cases for TVs is PLAYING VIDEO GAMES. People who decide to stream their games aren't suddenly going to abandon their TVs. Your whole argument is pants on head retarded.

>Right here: (You)
Where does this say that streaming lag will be LESS than traditional lag?

>Nobody is talking about tablets and laptops except you,
My post is what spawned this entire chain. I said that display lag won't be an issue for people streaming stadia since they will be "using tablets and shit", ie NOT TVs. I don't care what you use, and I don't even care what I use, this is about the most probable use case for Stadia and how it will be affected by compound lag sources.

>the main use cases for TVs is PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
Really? This is an entirely separate argument but ok

Handheld and mobile gaming has demostrated what a huge market there is for people who want to play video games off their TVs. You think "I want to play on my TV so everyone does" which is just your autism showing.

>Where does this say that streaming lag will be LESS than traditional lag?
>>So whereas a console gamer has to deal with display lag, a stadia gamer really only has to deal with streaming lag
The "only" part implies the person using stadia is dealing with less lag than the one playing on console.

>that display lag won't be an issue for people streaming stadia since they will be "using tablets and shit", ie NOT TVs
Why do you think one of the most popular display devices for playing video games will stop being used when thsoe games are being streamed? Do you think people stopped watching movies on their TVs when Netflix got popular?

>The "only" part implies the person using stadia is dealing with less lag than the one playing on console.
No, that's just you being mentally retarded.

>most popular display devices for playing video games
You realize that you're talking about a phone, right? Or were you referring to TV, which is like, 3rd?

>You think "I want to play on my TV so everyone does" which is just your autism showing.

Funny cause the handheld market is basically dead and mobile games haven't killed off home console gaming or even make it less popular. You have terminal autism if you think people will suddenly not want to play games on their TVs because they can be streamed.

Thanks for confirming you don't understand how smart TVs work. Stop posting.

I'll go as far to say that someone already "playing games on their TV" is not the target demographic, so it's completely irrelevant.

Most are running some derivation of android, linux, or freebsd and apps are nothing more than programs

If you're suggesting something else, I'd love to hear what kind of delusional fantasy world you live in

>No, that's just you being mentally retarded.
Says the one who thinks a platform for streaming console and PC-style games and being advertised with a console controller will be more popular on mobile devices than a fucking TV

What is the target demographic? People who want to play on their phone while they're at home?

Not the delusional fantasy world where TV settings can only be adjusted automatically by apps but somehow not when a modern device is recognized by the OS. I'd love to hear what kind of delusional fantasy world you live in where TVs are not popular for playing video games.

That's pretty much what the switch has sold 32 million units for. People want that kind of experience on the go

I'm not even sure how they're going to get stadia onto TVs, like I said, because the smart TV enivornment is so nonstandard they'll need a million different versions of their software. How many smart tvs can even interface with a bluetooth controller? I don't think this is the use case google is counting on, regardless of how common you think it is (and I'm not disagreeing with this point either, obviously people like playing games on TV, but that doesn't mean anything here)

You have to be completely idiotic to believe that when half of the selling points of this service is letting people play without having to continuously spend money on dedicated hardware while being able to play across multiple devices.

>not when a modern device is recognized by the OS
TVs can recognize PCs fairly easily because of how they use the HDMI signal as DVI (basically uncompressed video), but consoles don't do this

A console looks really no different than a bluray player, and it probably takes a Sony brand TV to recognize a PS4, I've never had either so I don't know

>I'd love to hear what kind of delusional fantasy world you live in where TVs are not popular for playing video games.
Of course they are, but this has nothing to do with it. Googles trying to chisel out a completely new market the same way Nintendo has with the Switch

This isn't for you, you don't have to like it

Imagine people who play fighting games, they'll fucking barf at stadia.
It fundamentally will ruin a lot of games because of the latency in a lot of areas. Hell even rythim games could get fucked.
Not fooking worth it. It may be the future, but its not the near future.

>letting people play without having to continuously spend money on dedicated hardware
Yeah, in other words it's targetting people who have dismissed consoles and PCs because of this

I think it's hilarious you think googles trying to convert people who already have a superior experience, no wonder you're so confused. This is for a completely different group of people

You mean that so called HOME CONSOLE who's entire gimmick is being able to also play games on your TV.

Do you know what netflix is? Have you ever heard of the amazon fire? What about roku? Holy fuck dude. Most modern smart TVs have Bluetooth and the Stadia controller runs over Wifi. Come the fuck on.

>Yeah, in other words it's targetting people who have dismissed consoles and PCs because of this
Because of the cost of additional hardware. Not because of your deulsional fantasy world where playing games on a TV is horribly unpopular compared to tablets.

>I think it's hilarious you think googles trying to convert people who already have a superior experience, no wonder you're so confused. This is for a completely different group of people

That explains why they're marketing it with a console style controller. Holy fuck you are dense.

>who's entire gimmick is being able to also play games on your TV.
I'd say the entire gimmick was taking your games on the go, though?

It's funny I'm not even as read on this subject as you are, I didn't know the controller connects to Wifi, that makes a lot of sense. And yeah if they get a stadia app on a roku or amazon fire, that's no different from a console at that point and will very much be susceptible to non-gaming mode input lag if someone hasn't configured their input channels correctly. Happy?

>That explains why they're marketing it with a console style controller. Holy fuck you are dense.
How else do you suggest people play console style games?

>but consoles don't do this. A console looks really no different than a bluray player,
That's completely false. Smart TVs can recognize modern consoles like the PS4 and Xbox even on TVs by Samsung, LG etc. I can literally control the menu on my PS4 with my TV remote.

>Googles trying to chisel out a completely new market the same way Nintendo has with the Switch
The Switch is just a combination of their handheld and home console markets. The idea that google is trying to create a completely new separate market that doesn't compete with consoles falls flat on its face when they're advertising it with console games and console style controllers.

Why would they if it's supposed to be for a completely different market? Those games are not "for" them.

>I'd say the entire gimmick was taking your games on the go, though?
That explains why it comes with a dock. You know, to plug your switch to your TV.

Still not seeing them
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>when they're advertising it with console games and console style controllers.
There might be people interested in those games who don't want to invest in the pricey console. It's not the same market. It's like someone who likes ice cream but doesn't buy any because they're watching their weight. If you suddenly make a reduced calorie ice cream, you might convince them to buy it. It's not that you're converting people who ate regular ice cream, you're actually creating new customers.

I don't know how to make this any clearer, you seem really hell bent on interpreting it as a threat (which is laughable)

You shouldn't be worrying about my sleep, retarded shill cock sucker. I feel great knowing idiots like you will be silent as the grave when this garbage launches and everyone laughs at what a monumental failure it is just like Onlive. I look forward to it while you sit there pissing your pants. This shilling for both Epic and Google are out of control right now and it's fucking insane how your boss isn't telling you pricks to slow it down.

>I feel great knowing idiots like you will be silent as the grave when this garbage launches and everyone laughs at what a monumental failure it is just like Onlive.
It's really pathetic that you would derive joy from this

If you're going to go with a food analogy for modding, this is how it would go.
>mcdonalds releases the quarter pounder (because big macs are shit) and everyone loves it
>fag goes and buys one
>goes home and puts bacon on it
>tells others about it, maybe even gives them bacon to put on there own burgers
There, fixed your shitty analogy.

Not really. Good people feel good when bad things die.

It takes a special type of autist to associate anything they don't want as bad

You're contradicting yourself. If they are interested in those games then they're inherently part of the same target audience, with Stadia's selling point lowering the barrier of entry that people would otherwise have to deal with the extra cost of buying and replacing extra hardware. In fact pretty much every selling point of Stadia is based on console gaming without the inconveniences. You interpret this as people not wanting to play games on their TVs which is just terminal autism.

>It's not that you're converting people who ate regular ice cream,
Why wouldn't you be?

TV is undeniably a huge part of console games, as you (traditionally) haven't been able to play them without one, until the Switch was released.

But TV is only a small part of total video game playing, and I think Google realizes that, and what they're really trying to do is bring console-style games and quality to people who might have ordinarily been unwilling or unable to appreciate them

This is not Google saying "Hey you, PC/console user, come join us". I can't imagine them being that stupid. No one is going to add 200ms input lag and pay a subscription to play games they already own. This is creating an entirely new market.

Why wouldn't I enjoy companies who are trying to make my hobby worse failing at making it remarkably worse? It benefits me greatly if shit head companies like Google and Epic fail because they're already more than willing to take a shit on Yea Forums of all places just to hide the overwhelmingly negative reaction to their bullshit. Spamming here is a sure fire way to ensure you get the opposite of the intended reaction.

Let me tell you a little secret. People on Yea Forums are different. They're attracted to Yea Forums because it's one of the few places where ideas can be expressed freely. You'll find most people here are extremely critical because that's the sort of audience this place attracts. Typical marketing, and even unconventional marketing is useless because all thoughts and opinions are judged by their content; not by who is saying it. Reputation means fuck all here, so coming here with some weak ass spam isn't going to convince anyone of anything except that companies who do this shit deserve absolutely no loyalty or money.

>food analogy

Speaking of laughable.

Attached: 1446646430494.jpg (800x619, 148K)

See:

and who is this new market?

I know autists have a hard time with analogies so I'm sorry I couldn't come up with something more literal for you.

People who aren't here right now arguing about it, that's for sure. People chatting on facebook, twitter, etc, who might want to play games if they were more accessible, who might see a video game subscription comparable to netflix subscription and say why not give it a try? Not you and not me, but some of the other several billion out there.

mobile gamers

You have to be in severe denial to think Google isn't competing with dedicated consoles with their streaming service. They are also bringing console-style games to people who might otherwise not play them, but the issue is you think this somehow has to do with TVs being supposedly unpopular as opposed to the upfront cost of entry to dedicated console/pc games. They're not trying to get people to rebuy games they already own, the idea is to get people to abandon other platforms and buy (or pay a subscription for) future games instead of buying another console just to play them. You could argue they are expanding the market but to say they are creating an entirely new one mutually distinct from the market of "people who play games on their TVs" is delusional.

so making vidya worse by selling shit for retards? Dear god you and you employer deserve to be genocide, shill nigger

>Imagine being at computers
>So fat you look and see food

Attached: 1446137956558.jpg (600x600, 111K)

That's not creating a new market, it's increasing an already existing one.

That doesn't address the question

>so making vidya worse by selling shit for retards?
You will not be affected by this unless you buy it. So don't buy it?

In the same way handheld gamers aren't the same as console gamers aren't the same as nintendo gamers, not really. There's a bit of overlap but mostly separate groups of consumers.

if this shit success (its not) devs are going to pander even more to casual faggots and retards who fall to microtransactions

>Google will invent FTL quantum communication before release trust me guise I know about tech
>o-or they will just place a datacenter in your electrical closet b-because Google is based trust me guise I know stuff
lmaoing at your life OP

Judging by sales of handheld consoles most handheld gamers are Nintendo gamers. And even if they weren't, merging several markets together is not the same as creating a completely different and separate market. The switch is a horrible example because again, the whole gimmick is being able to play games both on your TV and on the go. If TV played such a small role in playing video games then the Switch docking functionality would be pointless and unnecessary.

>You will not be affected by this unless you buy it.
Are you stupid?

Even the logo looks unfinished. It's like they hired some purple hair, then she forgot to make the logo because she was at a march for some fucking thing, then make this in literally 3 seconds.

I don't see why they'd pander to anyone outside of the Stadia ecosystem. Yeah people paying for the service will get more of the games they play the most, but that should have no effect on anyone else, any more than how sales of Smash Bros has affected PS4. Microtransactions are systemic, you can't blame Google on that one

>Judging by sales of handheld consoles most handheld gamers are Nintendo gamers
Yes I didn't backspace far enough, I meant to compare console and Nintendo gamers and I suspect there isn't much overlap

I think you're stupid for thinking this thing that you won't pay for will affect you somehow. Even with Netflix's monumental adoption rate, how have they affected movies? Spielberg is crying to the academy that they shouldn't get Oscars but aside from that, Netflix hasn't changed movies at all. You're just engaging in fearmongering hyperbole and I really don't understand why. You either have some ulterior motive or you're truly retarded

>we're bigger company and we have more money we can make it work when many others failed trying to do it

it's Artifact all over again

>I meant to compare console and Nintendo gamers and I suspect there isn't much overlap
I don't even know what to say to such an astonishingly stupid statement.

>I think you're stupid for thinking this thing that you won't pay for will affect you somehow
Yeah you're definitely stupid.

stadia ecosystem is only going to be close if devs make literally hundres of exclusive games, wich is not happening delusional shill faggot

Also
>You're just engaging in fearmongering hyperbole and I really don't understand why. You either have some ulterior motive or you're truly retarded

This just shows you didn't read any of my actual posts and just saw what you wanted see. I mean I'm posting basic facts and you're accusing me of having ulterior motives and being retarded while making absolutely pants on head retarded comments on how there isn't much overlap between console gamers and one of the most popular console brands in existence.

>I don't even know what to say to such an astonishingly stupid statement.
Judging by how much Nintendo fans on here hate non-Nintendo games and vice versa, I really don't think so. I think Nintendo fans pretty much just like Nintendo ecosystems and non-Nintendo fans don't like Nintendo's. There's bound to be overlap but it's not much , otherwise you'd see more congeniality

>how there isn't much overlap between console gamers and one of the most popular console brands in existence.
I'm talking about specifically Nintendo consoles vs non-Nintendo consoles, not whether or not Nintendo is a console maker. I really don't know how you can misinterpret things this easily unless you're trying

They haven't even mentioned pricing, and all current streaming game services fall victim to their inherent latency issues. They have no idea what they're doing, that's why they have Phil Harrison and Jade Raymond at the helm. They're hiring Don Mattrick soon enough when they feel like shutting it down.
It doesn't help that Google starts and drops these projects every year.

I can't tell what's more pathetic, the implication that nintendo consoles aren't part of the console market or that fanboys on Yea Forums are a metric for the general behavior of consumers.

>not whether or not Nintendo is a console maker
>I really don't know how you can misinterpret things this easily unless you're trying

The irony is astounding. It's like you have no self awareness at all let alone reading comprehension.

Don't be judgemental; we don't know any better.

It was an example of how two things can be in similar and yet entirely different markets. Yes Nintendo makes consoles, but their group of consumers has very little overlap with people who buy PS4s. And this is a perfect example of how you can "market console games and console controllers" and still create a new group of consumers, because it has happened historically.

And this has nothing to do with Yea Forums, it's just anecdotal evidence of the people I've known in my life who have played games, very few people like all types of games and people who like and dislike Nintendo typically form mutually exclusive groups

You were discussing the overlap between Nintendo and consoles, but good job moving the goalposts entirely to a new stadium

Is that not what you were saying? That you were astounded by how stupid I was that I seemed to not realize that Nintendo made consoles?

I'm really sorry if I miscommunicated but it's exactly what I meant. The alternative is the implication that Nintendo doesn't make consoles. Does that make sense?

>They will fix the lag problems
Literally cannot fix input lag. Google aren't going to win shit lad

I really feel like a bunch of very angry autists are all picking on everything I say so I'm going to leave. Good luck with whatever this is

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You were talking about the overlap between Nintendo fans and consoles, not just competing ones, but good job moving the goalposts entirely to a new stadium.

>And this is a perfect example of how you can "market console games and console controllers" and still create a new group of consumers

The issue is you seem to think those consumers exist in a vacuum. It's like saying people who play JRPGs have little overlap with people who play console shooters while ignoring the fact both are part of the console market. Also you know there are people who buy multiple consoles right?

That's not even remotely what I was saying. Please get some self awarene

Or you're just retarded and literally don't know what the fuck you're talking about you dumb shit.

Attached: 1547405112174.jpg (539x447, 29K)

The marketer, as he's out of arguments, resorts to "angry autist" insults. It's pretty amusing.

Attached: 1446408333589.png (291x287, 107K)

>but good job moving the goalposts entirely to a new stadium.
I'm not moving the goal posts, that was my argument and I failed to word it correctly I guess. I have to admit that the way you're interpreting it sure makes me sound very stupid so I'd hope you'd see that I couldn't possibly be as stupid as to have said what you want it to mean

I consider Nintendo to very much have their own ecosystem and consumer demographic that, while yes video games, and yes consoles, are separate from the non-Nintendo games and consoles out there, and the gamers who buy those systems. Moreover I consider Sony and Nintendo to be non-competitors because of this, which really makes mute all attempts at console warring. No one is going to win because both companies have already established a monopoly in their own domain.

Likewise Google will attempt to do the same, and it really has no affect on you whatsoever, yet your can interpret them as a threat as you so choose

> Also you know there are people who buy multiple consoles right?
I did acknowledge that there is some overlap from the very first round.

Attached: 1553155203594.jpg (1024x1024, 495K)

I'm not a marketer, just astounded that so many of you can be up in arms about something that has no affect on you so long as you don't buy it. The mob mentality around here is truly depressing

I agree that eventually every developed country will have enough internet speed to stream games without lag.

But when the time comes, Google's "stadia" will be one of many. Plus I bet EA and Ubisoft will make their games exclusive to their own streaming platform.

So what will happen is that if you want play the next deus ex you will have to stream it on Squenix website and if you want to play the new Asscreed you will have to stream it on Ubi website.

It’s pasta, dude. I’ve seen it before at least twice.

>I'm not moving the goal posts, that was my argument
It clearly wasn't since you were discussing the overlap between people who buy consoles vs people who buy Nintendo consoles, and then switched to people buying different consoles. Nobody is misinterpreting you fyi, you just sound stupid because most of your arguments are.

>I consider Nintendo to very much have their own ecosystem and consumer demographic that, while yes video games, and yes consoles, are separate from the non-Nintendo games and consoles out there, and the gamers who buy those systems
You can say the same about Sony and Microsoft's consoles. They're all still part of the console market. What a trivial non argument.
>Moreover I consider Sony and Nintendo to be non-competitors because of this,
Now you're just being silly. Monopoly of sale != monopoly of the entire market.

>Likewise Google will attempt to do the same, and it really has no affect on you whatsoever
Google is literally marketing their platform using multiplatform games, actual original games designed for their platform is a miniscule part of the service in comparsion. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

>everyone disagreeing with me is mad and just up in arms and part of the mob mentality

I'm astounded you managed to slither out of the abortion bin.

Attached: 1446074678361.jpg (431x450, 68K)

Companies and platforms don't exist in a vacuum no matter how much you want them to.

>It clearly wasn't since you were discussing the overlap between people who buy consoles vs people who buy Nintendo consoles, and then switched to people buying different consoles
If that's how it came across then I'm sorry, and reading it now I can completely see how it sounds that way, but it wasn't what I meant. In fact I worded the first thing I said wrong too as I originally wanted to compare handheld and console gamers but I figured there was a substantial overlap there, so I dialed back to Nintendo gamers vs console gamers, which in my mind meant "Nintendo vs non-Nintendo console gamers", which I must have thought was obvious because Nintendo gamers inherently exist as as subset of console gamers as they only make consoles.

>You can say the same about Sony and Microsoft's console
This isn't a pissing contest. It's an analogy meant only to illustrate that despite the fact that Google is advertising console games and console controllers, doesn't necessarily mean they are targeting existing console users, and they can create a mostly mutually exclusive demographic much like Nintendo has

>Google is literally marketing their platform using multiplatform games
So what? Nintendo advertised Dark Souls, that doesn't mean a bunch of PS4 owners jumped ship and traded their PS4 in for a Switch. There is plenty of room to create new consumers here

Of course not, but are you really going to give Google that much credit, that they will take this thing you have no interest in and somehow use it to change the things you do like? How on Earth will they manage that?

It does have an effect you dumb fucking faggot it'll make streaming more popular which I don't want!

The only way traditional games will die is if there are so few people buying them that the market is deemed unprofitable

Everything else is literally autism, you are letting something bother you that should not bother you whatsoever

>It's an analogy meant only to illustrate that despite the fact that Google is advertising console games and console controllers, doesn't necessarily mean they are targeting existing console users,

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. As for the comparison to Nintendo having some "mutually exclusive demographic" with no overlap for console gaming, go back to my JRPG vs shooter example because I don't feel like repeating myself.

>So what? Nintendo advertised Dark Souls, that doesn't mean a bunch of PS4 owners jumped ship and traded their PS4 in for a Switch.
Because it would require a $300+$60 purchase just for the sake of playing a gimped port (relative to PS4) on the go. You realize consoles have generations that game streaming services won't have to deal with right?

>There is plenty of room to create new consumers here
You must have some terminal brain disease that makes you incapable of conceiving of a service that attracts both new and pre existing consumers simultaneously. Like how dense and out of touch do you have to be to not see the massive implications that game streaming becoming popular would have on the console market.

A Google controlled game streaming platform could essentially crash the console market, or at least, consolidate most of to their platform, making dedicated consoles from Xbox, Nintendo, and Sony null and void. Google has so much money to throw around and a foothold in most people's lives, that they'd blindly follow whatever the company does. And if streaming as a service by Google becomes profitable, everyone will jump on board, making physical console releases non-existant

On PC this won't ever be realized fully (thank God) because literally everyone can create and publish games, even for free (although you're stick with indie games / small studio productions at that point) but console gaming will get irrevocably shafted if Streaming and Games as a Service becomes standard.

Which will happen because normies are dumb and they will absolutely eat this up if America's infrastructure ever allowed it. Normies who happen to outnumber people with principles a million to one. If streaming becomes more popular than physical then guess what devs will be pandering to? All the new releases will be stream only and offline games will die a slow death.

>You must have some terminal brain disease that makes you incapable of conceiving of a service that attracts both new and pre existing consumers simultaneously.
I think a streaming service comes with so many shortcomings that its ability to attract people who a) already have a dedicated video game device and b) already have a video game library, won't be remotely interested.

And yes there will once again be some exceptions here, but so what? What are you even trying to say? Do you want me to add a little asterisk to everything I say?

> not see the massive implications that game streaming becoming popular would have on the console market.
Hahaha such as?

Traditional console games will die if console companies decide that it's easier and more profitable to sell games through streaming and subscriptions. Whether people want to keep playing games the traditional way doesn't matter since you can only buy whats on offer on the market. Console manufacturers also generally sell their consoles at a loss so that they are able to then make money out of game sales and XBL / PS+ subscriptions. So they don't make a whole lot of money out of the consoles themselves, the companies' real profits lie in the game sales and the PS+ / XBL subs that keep producing revenue even past the game sales since you need to be a PS+ sub to keep access to the multiplayer of the games you have already bought. Cloud gaming / games as a service / subscription based model is the extreme evolution of that concept where the companies can keep milking money from customers because they're not only holding online play, hostage, they're holding your entire library of games, new and old, hostage unless you continue giving them money. You can't borrow games from a friend, you can't buy second-hand, you can't get the game from a retailer and play whenever you want to, every penny must go to the publisher and the game companies control the games 100%. Want to play that old classic that you used to love? Sorry, the product has been discontinued :(. Want to play some quick matches in that new multiplayer shooter for an hour or two after work? Sorry, the service is extremely busy, wait in the queue until you're given a turn to be able to play the game :( . Want to play games on a rainy day? Sorry, the weather is affecting your mobile connection and the game you're trying to play is choppy as fuck and unplayable :( .

The companies may say they're "just offering people options" and that may be the case FOR NOW. But they're definitely pushing for a future where you are 100% dependent on live services for your gaming enjoyment.

>Everything else is literally autism, you are letting something bother you that should not bother you whatsoever
I remember the same thing being said about paid online and microtransactions. Disregarding criticism as "literal autism" doesn't make you right or make other people wrong, it just makes you look like a colossal tool.

Nice try, Google shill.

Going against years and years of failure and humiliation of companies trying to promote thin client bullshit in computing and gaming shows only greed and desperation in trying to get gimmicky technology that you have wasting away after a major dumb investment of working.

Google is a horrible, shit company on the verge of total collapse, and I am almost convinced that this will actually do it. There is nothing Google does that is actually beneficial to the world and can't be done better some other way.

Fuck Google and fuck its viral marketing shills.

>Traditional console games will die if console companies decide that it's easier and more profitable to sell games through streaming and subscriptions
Which it never will be. Most data is outsourced to companies like Google and Amazon who own the data center market and you think they're just going to sell server space to their competitors? "Hey Google, Nintendo here, we'd like to rent some of your data centers out to compete with you, how about it?" Google is the only one who can even remotely pull this off because of the obscene cost it involves, the other guys will be forced to keep making consoles because it's their only viable MO, especially Nintendo who is a glorified toy maker by comparison to these other companies.

These doom and gloom scenarios where streaming somehow kills gaming is hysterical. Mobile already took over the gaming market years ago and console gaming still continues. The reason shit like microtransactions came over from mobile is because you fucking faggots ate it up. You only have yourselves to blame

>I agree that eventually every developed country will have enough internet speed to stream games without lag.
Ever used a fucking Steam Link? I could wire the whole planet up with fucking fiber and it won’t change shit for the average jackoff whose house is done up on WiFi.

>I think a streaming service comes with so many shortcomings that its ability to attract people who a) already have a dedicated video game device and b) already have a video game library, won't be remotely interested.
This argument only works under the assumption that people who already own those devices and games will have 0 interest in new platforms and new games, or will somehow buy new games on their current consoles in perpetuity. I should probably point out that the Xbone and PS4 are nearly 7 years old now and we're at the cusp of a new generation. Streaming services like Stadia comes with so many shortcomings they're basically non viable, I'm referring to a future where streaming becomes mainstream (even though it wont)

>And yes there will once again be some exceptions here, but so what? What are you even trying to say? Do you want me to add a little asterisk to everything I say?
Maybe you could try not making generalized and asinine statements and then blaming everyone else for being autistic and somehow misinterpreting you.

>Hahaha such as?
see: At this point if you still think popular game streaming services would somehow exist in a vaccum where they have no effect on the rest of the market then there's no getting through to you. You're as dense as a brick.

>what is Sony Gaikai investments and Onlive patents
>what is Microsoft Azure data centers

Just stop posting, you clear don't know what the fuck you're talking about

I don't doubt that its concept is the future. Companies want full control over their content and people's content as well. To have a platform with no piracy, where they can easily cut out services to anyone they don't want around, where they can charge for mods produced by other people. Easily replace games they don't want to have published or want to paint as "obsolete" to drive sales for newer ones or remasters. It's perfect for publishers and hardware manufacturers. It's terrible for customers and developers. But thanks to mindless robots like OP, we have no option but to take it.

>see:
I guess if I don't delude myself with pure nonsense I'm dense as a brick!

>I'm referring to a future where streaming becomes mainstream (even though it wont)
So you're afraid of what's inevitably impossible. God I'm glad you're one of the smart ones, please lead me to sanity!

Sony has basically 2 centers on the west and east coast, PSNow is a total joke. Stadia is going to do streaming right, or at least as right as it can be in the US at the moment. I have no idea what MS is doing but I didn't comment on them for a reason

>it will totally works this time guise

Attached: 20120828-13191662-onlive-stock-1024-IMG_5243.jpg (1200x800, 167K)

>I guess if I don't delude myself with pure nonsense
That's fucking rich coming from you. Especially when you failed to refute or even address any of the points I made

>So you're afraid of what's inevitably impossible
Yeah lets just pretend your argument from the very begging was streaming won't affect us because it sucks ass and doesn't work well, something everyone and their mother already knows, and not because its an entirely new separate market. No wonder you';re such a cunt.

>because it sucks ass and doesn't work well, something everyone and their mother already knows
Nah, see, that's where you're wrong. You know it and I know it but not everyone and their mother, and there's going to be people out there who think it's just fine, they can whip out their $150 chromebook and play AAA games and that's all they care about. That's a new market, and it doesn't need to intimidate you

You shouldn't comment at all since you clearly don't know what anyone is doing. Seriously stop embarrassing yourself.

>here's going to be people out there who think it's just fine, they can whip out their $150 chromebook and play AAA games and that's all they care about.
And you accused me of deluding myself with pure nonsense. Truly only good for satire.

This version is much better

You're posting in an altered copy pasta mere thread intended to garner negative reactions about an up-and-coming product in which you have no interest. Everyone here should be deeply embarrassed

He's not wrong though. Pretty much every game streaming service has either flopped or fizzled out because there's basically no market for it as explained by several posts ITT.

Well I don't know what else people are going to do with it, it very obviously doesn't compete directly with consoles, but I can see it appealing to completely different people. I'd have to be deluding myself to deny the potential

No one should be more embarrassed than you. Not even OP which is saying a lot.

Does your mother know playing streaming video games is bad? Be honest. Mine doesn't.

Ah its the ol "you have no interest in this product so you can't express a negative opinion about it" line. Adorable.

But what if I was OP

I could actually see it sort of working for old school MMOs. Have the UI calculated locally so that the skill bar, chat and inventory are properly responsive and just use streaming for to render your waifu when your idling in town or the mess of ostentatious particle effects blocking all visibility of the raid boss. The companys making these things always try to use it for FPSs and third person action games, which are some of the worst options for the technology around.

I didn't say can't, but I mean there's like 4 of you ganging up on 1 guy and I'm only playing devil's advocate, so what does that say about what's going on here?

You have to be deluding yourself to think there are any under our current situation. There's no appeal for it right now it's riddled with issues that make it non viable for even the normiest of normalfags, despite very obviously competing with consoles, but of course you didn't even read the thread so why do I even bother.

"everyone and their mother" is a common phrase stop being a fucking pendant you autist.

>why do I even bother.
I'm kinda wondering why you and the 3 others are even here, tbqh. This seems like a deeply personal matter to all of you which is weird considering how disinterested you appear to be. I've only seen the autistic hate things this passionately

>you're ganging up on me!
>im only playing devil's advocate

It says you're a loser so desperate for human interaction you spend your time shitposting with bad faith arguments. When's the last time you took a shower?

The point I'm trying to make is... does everyone know streaming is bad? I don't know if that's true or not. I think there might be a lot of people out there who don't know or care about some input lag if it allows them to have an instant library on a device that would normally not be able to play those games for a small monthly fee

>This seems like a deeply personal matter to all of you. I've only seen the autistic hate things this passionately
They're right, you really have no reading comprehension.

>bad faith arguments.
What does that even mean? Everyone is anonymous here, I don't think my arguments are flawed, I think you're being extremely critical of a product and while I agree with most of those criticisms I think some of them miss the mark.

I mean, by comparison, look at the Wii. You could lodge any number of criticisms against it as a piece of hardware, as a consumer experience, and yet it managed to do very well, so just because you're a super video game connoisseur doesn't necessarily spell doom for everything that doesn't meet your standards

I can only skim when you're all so demanding of my time

see No amount of pontificating over this supposed new market of people who are blind and have 0 reaction time changes the fact that streaming services like this are non viable with our current tech and infrastructure.

Now you're just delusional.

Thanks for proving my point.

We cant tell until its released into the real world with all the crappy infrastructure around. It will just be another platform. Consoles/PCs are not going away. That is if it even works. And I will still need a mouse and keyboard in order to play anything, cant play games on tablets, laptops or phones anyway...

Attached: 1282592881535.jpg (126x109, 3K)

The Wii didn't have severe technical issues that literally prevented the majority of people of playing based on things like internet speed and data caps.
>I don't think my arguments are flawed,
Majority of them were refuted but stay in denial I guess. For all of our criticisms that "miss the mark" you've still failed to address them.

If it's within 200ms though, it's within the range where "jump when I press jump" is more or less occurring. I mean, no one is going to play CS;GO with this, but I've used remote play on my Vita before and you can kinda get used to it.
Not to mention the question isn't whether or not this opens new doors for existing players but ultimately I think whether or not this opens new doors for people who aren't yet players at all, in the same way mobile gaming has, and indeed I suspect improving the quality of mobile gaming is the primary use case by offering console experiences on devices that can't normally run them

I'm the most popular boy on the playground. Though I'm getting a bit tired, and I' think we've come full circle now

>I don't think my arguments are flawed
>just because you're a super video game connoisseur doesn't necessarily spell doom for everything that doesn't meet your standards

Fuck off.

Attached: 1526106949559.jpg (514x601, 43K)

>For all of our criticisms that "miss the mark" you've still failed to address them.
By comparison, saying the Wii is underpowered is a valid criticism but it's not really relevant, as Nintendo wasn't expecting to win anyone over with sheer processing power

The one criticism of Stadia is the input lag, and yeah it's a big deal to us but I can't help but wonder how true that is to other people out there who might not even be playing games right now.

What's the price???

>Majority of them were refuted
I'd say the majority were misinterpreted from the start and I spent like 30 minutes alone trying to denounce things I didn't actually say

Anyway I'm out now, for real this time. Have a long day of shilling tomorrow

>200ms
Dedicated hardware doesn't suffer from this much input latency even when combined with TVs. I know you don't want to concede this point even after being proven wrong but knock it off with this shit already.

>Not to mention the question isn't whether or not this opens new doors for existing players but ultimately I think whether or not this opens new doors for people who aren't yet players at all, in the same way mobile gaming has
Mobile gaming became popular off of games designed for mobile devices. Unless you want to argue games will be designed to accommodate the shortcomings streaming services like making games more simplistic with extremely forgiving inputs your logic doesn't really hold. Also mobile gaming has a demonstrable impact on the rest of the market, so your "it doesn't affect you" line kinda falls apart.

Imagine being a pathetic shill, delete this shit thread for your own sake OP

Saying a console is underpowered is not really in the same universe as saying a service is borderline unusable and extremely dependent on your connection and tolerance for high amounts of lag.

>The one criticism of Stadia is the input lag,
There are a lot more criticisms than just lag but of course you're not here for any honest discussion.

>I'd say the majority were misinterpreted from the start
Of course you would, because you're delusional and refuse to concede on any point even though you've misinterpreted more posts than anyone else in this thread.

You are a chess playing pigeon.

Stadia isn't the only streaming service you know. You can try and see how shitty game streaming is for yourself if you really wanted to.

I remember Onlive. They are crap yes.

>municipal fiber
Won't ever happen right now. Our current FCC chairman is a fucking Verizon shill. That can has been kicked down the road another 10 years at lest.

You're right, the real thing will be worse.