Why do fans games have more SOUL and effort then recent Nintendo games?

Why do fans games have more SOUL and effort then recent Nintendo games?

Attached: Dla8rrOW4AATcnB.jpg (1200x675, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cxPjhgQXLXk
youtube.com/watch?v=6qZ2hoj2too
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like a cheap knockoff. 404 soul not found.

Mario looks terrible

That's less soulful than Yea Forums

NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN!

HIRE

Still better than recent mario games

Looks like some 10 year old flash rip-off.

For a vapid moron who delves no deeper than at screenshots.

ONE WORD
HIRE THIS MAN!

this actually looks good wtf

>sprites and animations are nice

>level design is sub-SMB1
>Mario has moves from 3D games that make the level even more of a joke
>level drags on forever

Attached: 1459665530195.png (640x464, 334K)

They don't, you're just a dumb zoomer that thinks grafix=soul.

he looks crosseyed

Yep, there's no term better to describe this than style over substance.

Attached: 1535933698679.jpg (437x468, 55K)

Why has no one posted the gameplay? You're all fucking retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=cxPjhgQXLXk
That Mario 64 Flash game was fucking amazing. It had everything, even a level maker 10 years before Mario Maker. This has the same potential, but the gameplay is smoother

If it had soul it would be able to survive as an original IP instead of just another piece of fanservice cocksucking trash

We genuinely need more high-quality pixel art games like Sonic Mania
More, more I say

Soul is on a surface level

@Nintendo Hire this man!

the real reason is brand, once a franchise gets popular enough it develops a so called bible, stuff like proportions, mood, hue and setting all get solidified cant be played with anymore, characters become a chore to introduce and get approuved so they don't bother, lest they go against the series bible, and thus it all stagnates.

Mario is definitely the worst example of that.

HIRE

Brainlet post

how many people made this? was it just one person? i'll never be able to make something this good..

>t. pic related
actual response and criticism

Attached: 1531702334568.png (250x250, 86K)

Yeah, fan-games are SO MUCH BETTER
youtube.com/watch?v=6qZ2hoj2too

Does SOUL just mean pixelshit?
Jesus christ boomers, get over it. SNES is dead

Nope. NSMBU is better. Most people shitting on it never played past the first few levels.
You only hate it because "MUH PIXEL GRAFFIX THO"

>sneed

>actual criticism
>posts le epic strawman tendie picture
Gee, I wonder why no one bothers arguing sincerely, when you fags will just pull out your EA memeface anyway

>le soulless wojak edit
wow this is epic

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Attached: SnoySurpirse-min.gif (480x270, 3.19M)

FLIPENDO! HIRE THIS MAN

Attached: arry porrer.jpg (480x360, 20K)

none of those posts had actual criticism
just tendies shitting themselves when they see something fanmade like as usual
rent free

Attached: 1529085636652.jpg (378x301, 106K)

HIRE
THIS
MAN

Too must visual clutter

Lol, there has literally NEVER been a fangame to rival the quality of a primary Nintendo release.
Not trying to suck Nintendo's dick, that's just a fact.

>SOUL
>graphics are too bright ant leave nothing to the imagination
pick one

>indie pixel shit graphics
No. No no no.

im going to pretend you're not a retard right now

Attached: soulvssouless.png (493x455, 245K)

Another Metroid 2 Remake was better than Metroid 2, Samus Returns and was on par with at the very least Fusion.

Pokemon Prism was pretty god tier aswell, a bit long but still quality missing from the newer gens, and a fan gave Mario 6 Golden Coins a color version, which will not a fanmade game was something Nintendo never bothered doing. You're underestimating what fans can do when they put their minds to it.

N-NO YOU'RE A NINTENDICKSUCKER! ANYONE WITH FREE SOFTWARE CAN MATCH THE POLISH OF A MULTIMILLION DOLLAR GAME DEVELOPED BY INDUSTRY VETERANS!! O-ONIONS! ONIOOOOOONSSS!
GODDAMMNIT GARY, GET ME MY WOJAK!

AM2R is good and there's a million pokemon games so there's probably a good one in that haystack

pic not related

I don't think so, and I truly hate NSMB games.
Look at the fucking picture. Mario looks terrible, the backgrounds look like effortless shit, the colors are washed out.
Every time I look at it, it becomes worse.

Attached: 0AA34F7B-D077-486C-9117-246BF227B138.gif (650x356, 1.9M)

I actually did that waluigui fan game thread on reddit if that's what your referencing.

i'm glad you're self aware

>clutter = soul

thank god none of these faggots ever get successful
mario is supposed to be clean and crisp, the game is exclusively about platforming

His eyes look weird and his pose looks a bit too combative for Mario, but I wouldn't say it's that bad, it just needs some minor adjustments. 6/10 soul in progress.

This, is not that the fan games are bad but the official games always try to be really good just look at how Mario Maker became a hit even with people experienced with other level editors.

Sonic is a better example of fan material with more attention to detail than the official stuff.

I think the goomba walking animation is fun to look at

A remake and a fangame isn't the same thing, it's easy to make something that's already fun pretty, it's hard to make something new and more fun than the original

>That cloud layer in the foreground that moves back and forth based on Mario's movement

Attached: 1535578977041.jpg (274x337, 43K)

This is actually pretty nice
I don't like Mario's design though, maybe if the pose was better, he's got that flash game angry brawler pose. Also can he not gain height?

How hasn't anybody told you to fucking kill yourself

NINTENDO!!!!!!!!
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HIRE!!!!!!!!
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HIRE HIM RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1506704287522.png (645x773, 23K)

why are wojakposters like this

>Also can he not gain height?
I had to download it to check myself, and no. There's no big or small form, you just have 3 HP and picking up a mushroom restores 1.

Mario looks like shit and there's way too much garbage littered around the levels but it looks like it plays really smoothly. Enemy animations are fantastic. Music and level design are meh.

We all know how this will go down.

>They show off their game
>C&D sent from Nintendo
>People whine about it
>Later dev announces a new game that looks similar

Did you vent all the anger out from the idea of someone soiling your secret club user ?

You feel better about yourself ?

You dumb motherfucker, AM2R is not just a sprite update of the original game, just as Samus Returns isn't.