Which one should I get? I haven't played any of them yet

Which one should I get? I haven't played any of them yet.

Attached: Capture.png (900x816, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n2yTR39MAF4
youtube.com/watch?v=JXztmsPqB4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None. not worth your time.

Only 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and 4.

None of them are good
if you really are dead set on getting at least one get Black Flag

the first one is unironically the best one

3, 4, Rouge and Liberation have the best environments, 1 is dated as well as Revelations and Brotherhood.

Syndicate is brit simulator with janky combat animations, odyssey and Origins are good, but are more of The Witcher 3 mixed with AC elements. (heavy RPGs), chronicles are side scrollers, not bad but not what you're looking for.

If you liked 2, pick up Revelations and Brotherhood. But be prepared for a meaningless slog.

I finished Origins recently, it's pretty good. And by good I mean Ubisoft good.

Imagine having such shit taste

Attached: 1552089878829.png (600x580, 426K)

1 and black flag

Origins and Black Flag.

Rule 65: Stay away from Ubishit games at all cost

Pior weeb did not play Division 2, Odyssey and Origins.

Welp, you childless american and EU virgins do spend to much time with unreal girls...

You will die out soon.

Origins is the worst one
>hur dur Julius Caesar bad cus he dictator
shit game

Attached: Caesar.jpg (981x734, 106K)

Zoomers here recommending Black Flag instead of AC2. Kill yourselves.

Odyssey is the first one ive ever played and I love it.

Do you give a fuck about the IRL stuff?
>No
good
>Yes
so you're retarded?

Do you like a good story?
>Yes
Play blackflag
>No
Play the rest of them

Hope i helped

actually that was really helpful.

Attached: 1544296930317.jpg (720x480, 134K)

Ah fuck of Virgin. Game is a game. For other info read books. Fucking kids...

this

That's the issue user
People are getting a misconception of Caesar by Ubisofts "retardation" because they make him out to be the villain when really he was one of the greatest men to ever live and was a friend of the people. The people who kill him are made out to be the heroes too like "OH YES WE HAVE DESTROYED THIS EVIL TYRANT AND NOW ROME WILL BE GREAT AGAIN"

Why are they selling the same exact title 16 times?

Yes and I also did the Egypt Tour of Education where they say they put in girls for "inclusivity". It's bullshit but I'm not gonna dismiss a game because of 2 little things like that.

AC2 would probably feel a lot dated now, it's one of my favourite, but if you haven't played 1 before, which I wouldn't recommend, you can't really appreciate the work done to improve the game
But the game is what, 10 or 12 years old now, it would feel really ps3 era to play now, I don't know
BF benefits from being almost a soft reboot of the story since Desmond is now gone, have nice environments, and you get bonus points if you like pirates and roaming the seas with your gallion. Just ignore the regular creed stuff or read a summary of the modern storyline until that point, and you're good to go.

I still think 2+Brotherhood are among the top of the games, but I can't really recommend it for a series newcomer.

If you like RPG elements, go with Origins (yay Egypt) or Odyssey (yay Greece and oh lord so many shit to do), which are regular soft reboots of the formula

Also Syndicate is a wildcard, but Victorian London is great, the protags are good, there's some cool assassination missions that can be approached from different ways, the hand to hand arenas are brutal (Evie is straight badass in those), it's a fun underappreciated game

Black Flag if you want sailing
Unity if you want classic Ass Creed
Origins if you want a bloated open world RPG

Attached: 1538402134388.png (1260x1126, 1009K)

Retard here. I want to play Syndicate because it's Victorian London and I love Victorian settings. is it a shit game even if I just ignore historical accuracy and the AssCreed storyline?

Attached: 1553147227335.gif (220x169, 267K)

Not OP, but I remember playing Ass Creed multiplayer in Brotherhood and it was honestly one of the most fun multiplayer experiences I had ever had. I loved the feeling of seeing the target you need to kill right in front of you and trying to figure out a way to get to him while also looking out for the guy trying to kill you and avoiding him.

I remember that great feeling of sneakiness when I spawn as a guy with a top hat, sit down on a bench next to another guy wearing a top hat, and my assassin kills the wrong one and I just walk away. I also really liked the scoring system, where the harder to get close-range kills gave you lots of points, but shooting someone at long range gave you almost nothing.

Are there experiences like that in any of the other Assassin Creed games today? Is Brotherhood still where it's at? I've barely played them at all since Brotherhood, and a little bit of Black Flag.

Attached: l7yUr.jpg (500x363, 23K)

>so you're retarded
I agree if you're talking about the series post 3, which have those disjointed pointless "walk around the office"segments. But up until then the Desmond and co. storyline, finding artifacts and unraveling conspiracies in moder day, was the best part about the games.

First game is the best one if you want a pure assassin experience.

why don't you just play Brotherhood again?

>III being mid tear

Attached: 1385531351175.gif (255x235, 498K)

not sure about servers, last time I played was on Xbox live, don't have an xbox anymore, other games might have similar experiences.

who made this absolute TRASH ranking

ah
I only played 3 online on Wii U relatively recently
people were still playing, but that might be because Wii U gamers are desperate for games

Rogue any good? Been wanting to play a templar game but it's the only one.

As I said in it's a fun game, but very hit or miss
I expected nothing of it and was fully prepared to hate the grappling hook mechanic (since I didn't like it in Rev), but I was pleasantly surprised and even liked the hook
The gang stuff is mostly ass, and underused, and the train base wasn't really interesting, I thought they'd do something cool with it
I'd say try it, at 12 bucks you'll probably get your money out of it
The conan-doyle missions (Dreadful crimes DLC) are really good, don't forget to grab that. Jack the Ripper DLC was kind of meh, but I didn't finish it (doesn't help Granny Evie doesn't look good at all)

III will be reevaluated when the remaster comes out. It deserves top tier.

Rogue is 4 with a smoother boat

i haven't played one of these since rogue, are the new ones any good? heard they added some random loot stuff to them.

lmao this fucking esl faggot

you can polish a turd, but its still a turd

Attached: 1378407556776.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

2 is good but clunky now
4 is good too
Rougue is also very good
Unity is alright
the rest don't even bother

III isn't getting remastered at all
just re-released

1,Brotherhood,4 and Origins.

1 is good in moderation but has the best atmosphere in the series, Brotherhood felt more like a sequel than 2, 4 because Pirates and Origins had a great setting and doesn't feel bloated piece of shit like Odyssey.

>GREAT
ll, Odyssey, Black flag

>GOOD
Origins, Rogue, Brotherhood

>DECENT
1, Syndicate, Unity

>LOW
Revelations, lll

>tfw Unity could have been the best game in the series if they were given as much time as they needed

They went almost full RPG for Origins and Odyssey, but basically instead of upgrading your stuff, you're looting weapons/equipement, with the usual white/blue/purple/orange rarity and effects for the multiple weapons, and unlockable skills/special moves
Combat has been redone entirely and is more like standard action-rpg now : light blow, heavy blow, block/parry, roll dodge with enemy lock
The other big change is the removal of the assassin/eagle vision for an actual eagle that you use to scout the area and mark targets from the sky.

There's been buzzings about retconning the ending at least.

>hide in crowd
>get smoke bombed by my killer
>he pushes crowd until he finds the one that doesn't move
>get focus poisoned
I love the multiplayer as well But some of those higher level skills just sucked the fun out of it for me

Attached: 39498_acbmpr02doctor.jpg (1280x2857, 555K)

>They went almost full RPG for Origins and Odyssey

This is the main problem I have with the new games but more so in Odyssey with you being a superhero. I miss being a blade in the crowd.

>the removal of the assassin/eagle vision for an actual eagle that you use to scout the area and mark targets from the sky
okay but are you still required to use the eagle to do stuff like identifying and highlighting targets or can i actually try to do this on my own?

Retcon it how?

Play 1, 2, Brotherhood, then skip to black flag.
There is where i stopped giving a shit, im kinda interested in Unity and Origins though, are they any good?

I remember smoke bomb being one of those "must use" moves, but I also remember having fun and being successful with alternative playstyles too. You didn't really need it for every game, it was just one of the most useful and flexible options.

It probably helped that lots of people were probably either really bad at multiplayer. Either that or I was really good, but given my track record I'm not sure that's actually true.

It will still have the same shit protag, story and (for me) boring setting. Climbing two stories tall glorified wooden huts in Boston isn't as much fun as climbing the huge european towers and buildings, or that damn shit forest.
I just wish ACIII was a game about Haytam actively taking part of manipulating politics in Europe instead of Connor watching the Independance war from the side. I can't believe how they've done so little with this era.

Unity could have been great, with Origins it was the setting and Cleopatra. Though Bayek is the best series protagonist since Ezio and needs a sequel

I've played up to Rogue, start with the original game and work your way up if you like the concept. Just make sure you only do the bare minimum necessary for the main missions. They never knew what to do with their big world, so they filled it with bullshit to collect and it just gets worse. Resist the urge if you can.

By the time you make it to the newer games they'll all be 5 dollars anyway.

Attached: munro.jpg (400x476, 55K)

>Unity could have been great

Why?
The game looks really damn good visually and in motion, i actually think Ubisoft does generally a good work on animation, im hoping most of the have bugs have been fixed

For Odyssey, in one of the direction mode you're given "clues" to find your target/objective (Random bitch is in Athens - He's near Random Temple - He wears a sock on his dick) and you'll be prompted when near it.
If you're near enough the protag will go "ah, that the guy I'm searching for" and it will be marked. But honestly the eagle is kind of an easier way to go

Unity is peak stealth. The best there ever is.
The plot quality is questionable, though.

>unity top tier
>brotherhood and revelations shit tier

>FUCKING 2 UNDER 3

Attached: Angry Dong.jpg (276x226, 20K)

>Unity in top tier
>1 and 3 anywhere above shit tier
>Brotherhood not in god tier
OHNONONONO

Attached: 1528582921578.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

but i need all the cool collectable item locked armors though...

It was a neat gimmick to play a whole game with a piece of eden, but you're right. I feel like we still haven't gotten the true Blade in the Crowd game, some like Unity and 2 get close, but then instead of expanding and focusing on that aspect, they just add some bullshit gimmick to distract you from the fact that it just isn't fun in the minute to minute sneaking and stabbing. They should restart their guard AI from the ground up, make a circumventing a single guard an engaging and challenging challenge in the minute-to-minute, then you can have less and build proper levels built with stealth in mind.

It was just shit they overlooked some bugs persisted and it was way too short. The story was just fucking boring and Arno had zero character.

>poisoning your target while you can hear the whispers of your hunter
>sweatingman.jpg

The other thing that's now shit is mission variety. You approach the same problem over and over again. There's never, stay hidden in the crowd and tail a target or eavesdrop. It's just go there, kill this. Go there, find this.

>plot quality

i don't care about that on an assassins creed game, lol. The minimum i ask from ubisoft is cool visuals and places to explore, and decent gameplay.

Black Flag, 2, Brotherhood and Revelations

Why is Odyssey 60% off for you? It's only 50% off for me

>But honestly the eagle is kind of an easier way to go
true but i dont mind taking the long drawn out way. id rather just be be given a vague hint and find stuff for myself. does origins do this too or just odyssey?

whichever you like they are all ass

This. I'd add 1 though cuz there aren't enough games with that kind of aesthetic and playing the first game really enhances your experience of the rest of the Miles games.

This.

Attached: DGLKPJB.jpg (1920x1075, 346K)

bringing an alternate playstyle was great because everyone played it the same way.And it fucks with them. My favorite moments are the time that I would hide and my killer would ease off sprint just as hes coming around the corner so you could still see him slowing down into a walk. whispers come up and you knew that was the guy. And if you were hiding sometimes they would stop and stare into the crowd and you could feel the confusion going though their mind. All that remained is whether you should let him guess or punish him right now with a fist to the face. Fuck now I wanna play again.

Attached: Ottoman_Jester_Render_LR.png (345x900, 347K)

For the hints, it's just Odyssey. Origins puts a marker in the general area and you have to use the eagle, Odyssey skips the general area thing, see pic related for an idea of what the hints look like

Attached: 93fb1c9e1f5c1ded1a564a62255abc02[1].jpg (800x450, 98K)

Ezio was one of the most overrated characters in all of Assassin's Creed. How many times did he completely abandon the tenets of the creed throughout the course of his series of games? He never matured, even in old age. Ezio was nothing but a hypocrite who killed innocents like Tarik or the civilians in the Derinkuyu fire, and Ezio faced no repercussions for his actions. Yet he has the gall to chastise one of his assassin apprentices in Revelations for killing an innocent target. Ezio was a terrible character.

During the end of Assassin's Creed II, Ezio's quest for revenge leads to a climactic fistfight with the Pope, only for Ezio to have a holier than thou moment. Ezio spares the Pope's life as Ezio realizes that snuffing out Rodrigo Borgia won't bring back his dead father or brothers. Ezio is done with his life of killing. Yet Brotherhood reverts Ezio's character back to square one for no reason. In comes Cesare Borgia who kills Ezio's uncle Mario and sets Ezio off on yet another revenge quest. Ezio learned nothing by the end of Assassin's Creed II.

And it goes without saying that Assassin's Creed Revelations itself was a meandering game which exploited the Ezio fandom. All Ezio does is search for five MacGuffin keys, and by the end of Revelations, he simply comes to say is that he's nothing but a messenger for Desmond in the future. Ezio already realized this when Minerva talked to Desmond through Ezio as Assassin's Creed II came to its cliffhanger ending. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations are nothing but a massive waste of time. Fuck the Ezio trilogy and fuck the Ezio nostalgia fags who continue to shill this slop.

Attached: 1545840888048.png (1200x675, 1.24M)

What the fuck, my nostalgia goggles only sees kino in that picture.
Never though i would ever feel like this about the very first AC.

>really enhances your experience of the rest of the Miles games
what's the point if OP isn't going to play 3?

>The second worst game in the franchise
Why not just get an actual pirate game instead.
AC2 is the only game that is average to fun at points

Have you ever played the first game? Also, the point of Ezio was he was a revival of the Creed, so he never got proper training and he never had a proper master.

>How many times did he completely abandon the tenets of the creed throughout the course of his series of games
all this shit went out the window with 2. instead of blade in the crowd it was renaissance batman with a gadget for everything wearing a garish outfit with a hood. such a waste.

Cuz the stories are still good even if you don't finish them.

VIDEOGAMES

gameplay and missions in 2/brotherhood is better than 3

Beware the Ezio trilogy. Friendly reminder that Brotherhood:
>Makes the series even more casual by adding kill chains
>Have your assassins do everything for you by killing everything on screen with the crossbow firestorm
>Terrible assassination targets because they're nothing but faceless avatars from the multiplayer with no setup
>No memorable missions outside of the Banker assassination in sequence 5
>Shit writing. Ezio games reduced Templars to nothing but generic mustache twirling villains.
>South and East sections of Rome are flat and empty
>Reconstruction economy was hollow and barebones
>Rubbish soundtrack. Maybe one decent song and the only great tunes are recycled from II
>Filler game

This is one of the first assassination targets in Brotherhood:
youtube.com/watch?v=n2yTR39MAF4
And this is one of the first in Unity:
youtube.com/watch?v=JXztmsPqB4s

>black flag is the only one on your wishlist
good taste, it's the only good AC game

Only get 4. Especially if you haven't played any others.

>>Makes the series even more casual by adding kill chains
the combat was aways shit ,brotherhood atleast makes the combat faster

i agree with everything except soundtrack. also brohood started the shit with do some retarded triple backflip to get 100% sync.

And II was the complete opposite of what Ass Creed should be. It ruined this franchise. The only true games are the original and Unity. Syndicate could've been ok but the stealth missions suck. IV was almost a return to form by reintroducing the assassin's bureau. Ezio trilogy sucked

Then AC Unity is your game. It had a rough launch due to bugs but it seems stable as of now.

As I said before, the stealth is awesome and the fighthing requires you to think, unlike other ACs where you just mowed down everyone in a chain-attack.

best outfit related

Attached: bjo.jpg (300x168, 7K)

>Why not just get an actual pirate game instead.
How many good pirate games are there that allow you to control your ship directly instead of strategy game controls or doing everything through menus?

really? i thought it was bamham combat

2, brotherhood and origins are the good ones. Odyssey is pretty good too.

I think we just needed 1 to be a fully fleshed out game.
Only use combat when you need to. And yes, it is Bam a Ham combat, a little harder but same shitty counter tactics.

Ezio games, III, IV, Rogue, and Syndicate have bahman combat. Unity's combat is an extension of the first game. Very slow because they removed the instant counter killing in that game from what I remember. Been a while since I played Unity

>such shit taste
Said the frog poster.

they are all dogshit

Regular counters just block, you can crit counter in a smaller window to deal damage and stun. There are light and heavy attacks, and also special moves depending on the weapon type

>the stealth is awesome
until you get the ability that lets you walk past everything

Attached: 400px-AssassinsCreedUnity_Disguise.jpg (400x638, 46K)

i miss these huge cities. origins and odyssey drank too much of the open world koolaid, and instead have a whole lot of fucking nothing with some small towns in between.

Then avoid using it. I find it a really bs skill anyways.

It's a game about fucking assassins FFS it should take place ENTIRELY in cities.

not really retard

>ubishit
how about no

1 is dated but has some of the coolest cities and the darkest atmosphere by far, really metal shit goes down and it's fun to play a more stealth oriented game. Otherwise, like said, 2, Brotherhood, and yes, even Revelations is a must play for the series. It doesn't get any better than Ezio's parts.
Black Flag is ok, a bit reddit and overrated though. 3 is an abomination and maybe the worst AAA I've ever played. Origins and Odyssey are great if you like a much bigger game full of modern gaming open world tropes, but egregiously designed to goad you into buying booster packs which gets pretty fucking old when you do a fuckton of side content and still can't progress the main storylines.
I've heard mixed things about Syndicate and Unity, so avoid them unless you play everything else listed first and enjoy it. The other games are mostly smaller ports or borderline expansion packs to scratch the itch if you get tired of main games in the series.

Ignore everyone else, AC1 has the best setting but the worst gameplay, black flag is the best game cuz you are a pirate.

2>brotherhood>revelations>4>rest

>i miss these huge cities
Same. I'm over the open world shit and just want a dense city with verticality and some ruins to explore. Give me some Piece of Eden puzzles on top of that and I'm a happy man.

>the good
AC Brotherhood
AC 2
AC 4 Black Flag

>the decent
AC Rogue
AC Syndicate

>the meh
AC Revelations
AC 1
AC Liberation

>the bad
AC Unity
AC 3

haven't played the newest ones or the Chronicle games

which one is the best game? best gameplay overall and minimal interruptions from cutscenes?

>but egregiously designed to goad you into buying booster packs which gets pretty fucking old when you do a fuckton of side content and still can't progress the main storylines.
I don't get this meme, only did the side missions I came across and was constantly overleveled for main quests as a result.

>booster packs
Protip on PC: just use a Helix store unlocker to give yourself permanent XP and money boosts

Can someone redpill me on Desmond and the future timeline?

I only played the first two on release. It seemed interesting and mysterious, but I can't be bothered to play a dozen games to catch up on the story.

As a total package, I'd probably say 2 or Brotherhood. They're essentially the same game, Brotherhood is much shorter but makes some good small tweaks to the gameplay of 2. Personally I like that gameplay for what it is even though most would probably say the ARPG style of Origins or Odyssey is better in pure gameplay.

If you can do that, is there an unlocker to get the co-op reward gear from Unity? That shit is impossible to solo, the ones with the gear I want anyway

>I don't get this meme, only did the side missions I came across and was constantly overleveled for main quests as a result.
In Origins I didn't have an issue with it, but it got really, really bad for me in Odyssey. I did a ton of side content and simply couldn't level up fast enough to do more than one or two main missions in a row without grinding side content for three or four hours to progress. I'm glad your mileage was better but I and many others have a fuckton of time in the game and I'm still not high enough level to finish hunting the cultists, do the rest of the gladiator arena, etc., and I think it's pretty obvious Ubisoft programmed it that way to make more money from whales.

>He wears a sock on his dick
why did I laugh at this

Brotherhood>2>revelations>Black Flag>Rogue>Syndicate>Unity>Oddysey>Origins>3>1

imagine still being on the
>unity is bad
train
cmon anons they're bad games but atleast know which ones are actually bad

Despite all the patches, Arno is still sluggish as hell and stealth is very frustrating with inconsistent sightlines

You don't want to know. At all. Trust me.

>mfw the entire series seemed to be gearing up towards a modern day entry in the series
>mfw we will never get Desmond fulfilling his destiny and avenging his ancestors by fucking up modern day templars
>mfw we will never get a stealth oriented modern day game where you have to climb skyscrapers in a dense metropolis and disarm thugs
>mfw we never got it because they had to milk the animus for more money ad infinitum soon after they fucked up the lore to shoehorn in a 2012 doomsday prophecy
What could have been, lads.

Attached: 1392929822238.jpg (988x783, 134K)

19 year old boomer here. I've played asscreed since I was a kid and the last one I played was syndicate. What exactly happened to the franchise? The new ones look more like the witcher than asscreed and seem to have no actual assassins creed plot.

Attached: 1463622941387.jpg (347x347, 81K)

spbp

They have some half baked modern day shit with the animus in Origins and Odyssey, but it's so little it might as well not even be there. The Witcher comparisons are apt, they're much more like ARPGs now compared to the older games.

I wish they'd do another smaller-scale AC again like Liberations. Feels like every other modern release is filled with so much crap/filler because they feel the need to make these giant-ass environments have things to do in them.

>Ezio's trilogy that low
>trash that high

Be honest user, you just hate italians.

Smaller scale and wholesale just steal the Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor. That and take elements of Hitman (open area with multiple avenues and ways of assassinating people, emphasis on stealth and avoiding conflict).

I pray you made this for the (You)s, this is the worst ranking of the series I've ever come across. Kudos to you though, got me to reply.

They are literally all the same except Odyssey and Origins,which are crappy action RPGs.

black flag rogue and syndicate are great. especially for tid bits of random history

>like syndicates newspapers of the civil war in America calling them a reckless mob