Battle royale games means 100 people in an fps map is common and popular

>battle royale games means 100 people in an fps map is common and popular
>no 50v50 koth, capture the flag, or big team battle modes

why not?

Attached: Mr.saturn.jpg (1743x1268, 3.34M)

boing

I would guess technical limitations involved in putting 100 players in close proximity. You can get around them but devs are lazy.

oh I guess. Maybe some day

you mean like Fortnite did with 50v50 mode?

50vs50 on larger maps with small squads that lead to bigger fights as people funnel into areas with gunfire would be fun, because every new squad wouldn't be trying to kill you, some would be there to reinforce your position

I wouldn't know a single thing about fortnite, user

Well, I've seen ~100 player games in Squad/PS, Rising Storm 2 and even 200 player games in Mount & Blade. Idk what the issue is with AAA devs.

Have you ever played battlefield you stupid nigger

>EA
nope user I haven't

>modded server cramming 120 players in Rising Storm 2 into a map designed for 16
>incessant nadespam, every room filled troops, gore all around
>a single napalm strike fries 50 gooks just on the other side of the road
i thought their cries would never end

good times

Well congrats, you shitposted a thread despite exactly what you want already existing.

>2002
>BF 1942
>32v32 on huge maps with jeeps, tanks, planes, bombers, battleships, trenches, battlements, bunkers, artillery
>As excited as a 13yo can be
>"Boy, I can't wait for the future!"
>"I bet we'll have 128v128 battles in a few years!"
>My face now

Attached: 196d0e3b.jpg (271x313, 21K)

I hurt myself today......

Starsiege Tribes had more than this 20 years ago. Modern gayming is aids.

I played enough planetside 2 and Fortnite 50v50 and heres my opinion:

50v50 is too chaotic. It is very hard to set up a highly organised group of so many people, so you end up with a bunch of pubbies.
People in these large set ups tend to gravitate towards each other so you usually end both teams consolidating into 2 massive blobs which eventually collide. It is kinda fun i have to admit.

In solo or small team you only need to be aware of your immediate surroundings, the situation is easily controllable. A 50v50 is a clusterfuck of confusion, most of the time you have no clue where you are supposed to be going (beyond immediate tactical moves) and what to focus on.

This pure chaos can be fun, but it actually gets monotonous prety quick, as you notice how similar all the fights are and how little your personal effort and skill matter.

This sounds pretty accurate, IRL a war with a lot of people is organized, in a game where teams have no structure it makes sense that everything would devolve into trash

Could you imagine that?
>make a massive 50v50 CTF or KOTH game
>reduce the map size to 1/4 of what most br games have
>tons of chokepoints and only a few open areas
>3sec respawn time
It would be complete chaos but it sounds fun

>tfw 64 player shipment matches

Attached: 55e.jpg (600x900, 60K)

Even casual WoW raids used to be 40 people. Not to imply the game was hard or complex or anything, but raids did require coordination.

I just wanted some discussion of it and to break up the tedium of epic-posting

It usually devolves into 2 streams of peolke just running from spawns and clashing in the middle. Then one side pushes the other to the nearest chokepoint and it turns into a stalemate until one of the sides gets bored and gives up.

There are 2 key differences: the camera allows you to have pretty good view of all teammates and enemies
During the parts that require actual skill and coordination (the actual raid bosses), you generally need to focus on one enemy and a relatively predictable attack pattern.
PvP is always much more unpredicable and you need to be aware of much wider range of threats.