What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Attached: depic.png (752x606, 341K)

He's saying he's going to buy out every dev he can and then go bankrupt

Attached: COOLGUYS.png (235x411, 61K)

Screw the customers, I have money!

Attached: 1526692546146.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

>we pay them lmao

Any developer not on steam will be boycotted and review bombed

>Inb4 they go bankrupt

>this hubris

YIKES

that devs will decide who wins the game store wars

>no one buys your games
>WE WON
based retard

>the developers will decide!
>and if they don't, we'll pay them!

Pretty much this

Tim "consumers are cattle" Sweeny

what nationality is this man?

Pirating is pretty easy

The most likely outcome. Neither the consumers nor developers (until the chinks throw money at their publishers) want to have anything to do with their store.

中國

But there aren't reviews

Imagine being an old man spending your remaining years on the planet being a literal puppet with a chink hand up your ass

But the consumers always win without fail, piracy is always an option.

This:

Attached: ohno.png (614x117, 4K)

is there a more unlikable guy in the industry right now?

is the game good? last i've heard of it it had little content

He's right? Remember when Steam first came out and everyone hated it and despite everyone hating it more and more devs jumped on the DRM ship and now an entire generation grew up thinking Steam is normal? Same thing will happen with Epic.

I like him

>consumers are cattle
only steam consumers though

Would you suck his penis?

ehh he's right. sorta.
>Dev/publisher does stupid shit because it'll make them more money
>Doesn't
>This is the fault of the consumer
every time.

>chinks don't give a fuck about consumer
woah, color me shocked. You will still have faggots here who don't even know anything about Epic defend them and tell you to mindlessly consume whatever they shit on your plate.

he means that you don't need to worry about winning over consumers when you can just make the products exclusive

That he's an out of touch moron. In his mind there's no difference between PC users and console users, and if he makes the game proprietor in his store, people will have no other option but to buy it there. In reality, people will just start pirating all the games he buys out. He'll continue throwing his guaranteed money at happy devs without making any profit, until he realizes it doesn't work and either changes his policy, which will drive the devs away form him, because nobody likes Epic store and they're already too invested in their steam/GoG libraries, or close the whole thing down.

Yes

It's early access trash, you'd be done with it in 4 hours max.
Epic Store is really a beta test in this case.

Amazing how chinks forget that steam, though dominant, is not the only online store, and that Epic exclusivity is timed. Seriously. The epic 'exclusives' will lose that banner in a year, and when steam and other stores put it up on sales, who do you think will buy from Epic?

Epic is just setting itself up for a swift climb and an even swifter death. Let the games begin

What's their endgame? The exclusivity deal only lasts for a year and people have universally voiced their displeasure for their platform. What do they do in one year when all the devs they've spent millions on don't have to keep their games on the epic store anymore? Seems kind of short-sighted.

That's sort of sweet user

"I'm going to make the exact same mistake tell tale games made."

Why do devs still think consumers will just put up with their shit when plenty of recent games have failed

he means it doesn't matter how loud steambabys cry on the internet, they're still junkies who need their fix.

Theyre slowly learning. Its only been really noticable in the last few years

>PC users
steam shills are minority of that users, and metro sales success show that. cry more, nobody cares about what you say.

im a brainlet so why doesn't he just charge 30 bucks instead of 60 and pay the devs the difference instead of having exclusivity contracts with guaranteed revenue, he's paying them anyway but this way it would actually incentivize consumers to use his store

of course he doesn't remember. everybody on this shity board is a disgusting know it all zoomer, including me.
EPIC BAD
STEAM GOOD
muh friend list
le evil chinese stealing the data everybody has stolen already.
add me on discord senpai.

When steam came out it was hated because you couldn't run HL2 without it and the internet itself wasn't that spread worldwide. Once it grew as a platform, started giving out good deals, and the bandwidths became large enough to download full games, people flocked to it because it became even more convenient than pirating, let alone buying physical.

He's trying really hard to be the worst piece of shit a man can possibly be.

>mfw I read Epic Boss Soys

Attached: 1393433804806.jpg (300x378, 28K)

Epic's trying so fucking hard to appear like it's gonna completely take over the market
But their shitty plan to pay for exclusivity is gonna burn itself out because they don't sell and when the Chinese realize they aren't gaining users like they wanted them to, they are pulling out their funding
If it was actually churning sales, they would be posting actual sales figures, not using PR terms to show how the games are selling

Attached: 974868972346493786.jpg (1074x1083, 49K)

>metro sales success
What success?

Oof, found the paid chink

Technically, the devs are their costumers. Their only job is to sell the game

>What's their endgame?
Becoming a monopoly.

Attached: 1534260982071.jpg (640x499, 57K)

Bobby Kotick and Andrew "The Satan" Wilson still have him beat.

And here comes the damage control chink. Believe it or not commie, we have choices in dozens of games. We can simply choose not to play Epic games until they release for cheaper on other platforms like steam, origin or even uplay because as shitty as they are theyre still better, as Epic is just toilet scum.

They're mostly saying 'this game sold better than the previous title of the same series, and its on Epic!', which says nothing about the actual reach of the store since that happens almost universally

No one knows, but it's most likely to make it so Epic is the only place to buy games

>consumers will decide who wins
>consumers decide not to support Epic
>WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID THEY DECIDE
The new Era of piracy is waving its flags

Absolutely this. The customers have no say in which developers go to Epic? I'm pretty sure not buying any of their games will give them an idea.

your mom is a paid chink.
fucking npc's I swear.

Yes laowai there will be reviews some day!

Attached: happyshangren.jpg (501x585, 78K)

>the internet didn't exist in 2004
my God you steamtards zoomers seriously need to kill yourself

Valve is playing the long game. They've spent years building up a devoted userbase. I don't think these developers who choose chinkbuxx over Steam realize how loyal Valve's customers are.

>devs sell their game to a publisher
>publisher sells their game to Epic
>Epic sells the game to...

I haven't used steam in like 4 years so none of this shit means anything to me.

Attached: Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg_.png (800x533, 35K)

steam was hated only by butthurt romanians because their nosteam cs1.5 got dabbed on by buychad 1.6

Most people refused to even buy from online only stores. Steam wasn't even remotely appealing until their sales started.

>chink with this bad reading comprehension

>epic buys games before its released and gives the money to devs
>they could buy up 4 million copies and claim it sold that much to try and gaslight people into thinking it's successful
I see they are using the Disney technique

Attached: brain_cat.jpg (450x372, 40K)

>muhhh NPC
>is a chinese ant

Except they got the entirety of China backing them financially.

Mine was 256kb with 200MB monthly limit at the time, and that was the same year we switched from the modem one. Don't measure the whole world by your immediate environment.

Developers, developers, developers.

t.woke discord tranny

Why the fuck is the Chinese government targeting my goddamn hobby?

>epic doesnt have
>national credit card installment payments for my shithole country
>games cost comparatively less than dollars
>amazing fucking deals often

When they add all this, maybe i will consider. So far i will just pirate otherwise.

When Steam was coming up, Valve said that their main competition was piracy, and that (since they couldn’t compete on price) they wanted to compete on service.

Sweeney doesn’t seem to realize that PC games distribution is 100% a customer service industry because I can get every game for $0.00 right now on a torrent website. He has no functional exclusives to speak of.

Until he realizes this, Tencent store will fail.

I think you're looking at it from the view of a 20-something who grew up during peak Valve.

The fact is they haven't released a proper mainstream smash hit in years, the billions of kids playing Fortnite are exactly like the kids who grew up playing CS, they're going to become Epic fanboys just like the CS kids became Valve fanboys.
Only half of Fortnite players even have Steam installed.

He's underestimating brand loyalty, it exists for a good reason and it's not completely dead yet.

doesnt he mean publishers?

Why doesnt china just make steam illegal?

Attached: 1551908675793.png (403x448, 27K)

He’s trying to sell games to the half of the PC playerbase that never installed a storefront because they only play F2P shit?

Okay.

Because some guy made fun of the chinese president aka great leader in his game which was put up on steam. And steam refused to remove it. Worse, they put up reviewbombing protection(its shit, but it is something). Now the butthurt chink wants to make the bullies who made fun of him pay, and he's using epic to do it

He's also a fucking retard using a fucking retard to do his dirty work

Sure but it's not wise to say in public.

>Quote blown out of proportion to make it look like he hates gamers and makes it sound as though he is looking down on us 'little people' and deciding the future of PC games stores

This is just more deliberate misinformation from Steam shills who are most probably on Steam's payroll, they would whack their own mother if they could somehow blame it on Epic. Truly pathetic, and retards on Yea Forums will literally fall for the bait.

GUARUNTEED REVENUE POLICY

Because Fortnite doesn't make any money right

Fuck off, Steve Ballmers

>e-entitled steam sh-shills!! just don't think and mindlessly consume exclusive shit!! d-discounts? oh, pass on savings? n-no can't do that, you're just entitled!
Perfecy summarized chinese arguments against common sense

Why dont you upload the original quote then, bugman?

Don’t make me say winnie pooh

>developers
>not publishers who keep putting games in their library
Pic related

Attached: Z4E8dwV.gif (320x240, 1.54M)

>didn't actually defend Tim or refute any legitimate doubts
>just insult anybody who has a problem with an anti-consujmer business model
Great strategy, let's see how it works out.

Attached: 1553149299222.jpg (3156x1488, 533K)

I yarr harred HL2 back then because like many of my friends I had shitty 56k internet back then which made using Steam pretty impossible.
And for that I had to ask a friend to ask his brother to download it and burn it to DVD.
These days I just download Metro Exodus from MEGA, and add it as non-Steam game making fun of Epic.

That the gaming industry is full of power crazy sociopaths. They get into the money train at the right time and they don't really understand business. This in the (not so) long run will be their ruin because they are literally covering the foundation of their store with the hatred of potential customers. They will go out of business, but not before burning many small studios with them.

Ah, you must be one of the Coch shills and not one of the Tencent shills

Remember, according to shills:

>removing games from GOG and making them exclusive to Epic is a good thing because DRM is necessary in fighting evil toxic entitled gamers

Ignore any shill who doesn't address this argument.

Attached: 75e.gif (480x270, 1.85M)

People express displeasure with EA and still buy their games. People expressed displeasure in Metro exclusivity and it still sold more than any previous title in that series. Nerds don't have the gumption to close their wallets.

>People still buy EA games
>Metro sold more on Epic than the previous version on steam did
Any other PR fake news you wish to add to that?

Calling out nerds for talking the talk but being unable to walk the walk struck too close to home huh?

It's a fun game to burn a weekend on but if you really want to dial your factory building up to 11 just play Factorio.

Are you sure? That is a Yea Forums filename I thought that western shills are not allowed to post anything outside of the company meme library, he must be chink.

That is because the previous version was the Enhanced edition, people already paid for the normal edition why would they buy the same game twice?
Learn fucking corporate speak, when they don't give you hard numbers you know they are full of shit.

Oh wow, youre so right! Battlefield sold so muh and wasnt a colossal failure at all! And im sure the Epic statements are true-i mean, who cares if they havent shown any figures or numbers? Theyre trustworthy! Even if they spy on you!

Get fucked, chang.

>Witcher 3 sold more than Witcher 1!

>Wow this surely means that where Witcher 3 was being sold at was a major reason why it sold more!

Literally epic right now

No its more like
>Witcher 3 sold more then The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition!

He's stating an obvious fact out loud. This has always been the case.

This. If Steam is anywhere near as perfect as pcbros claim is it, let them compete. Yes, even over exclusives.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (500x375, 36K)

The same reason Nintendo beat Sega: They had better, more games.

Fortnite got notoriety on it's own merits. Ebin buying out exclusivity is just being a cunt to consumers because their Chinese spyware can't compete with a more established, less consumer hostile platform like Steam.

Well if the war is already decided, I guess my purchases have no power.
No point in throwing my hat in with them if they've already got this, right?

Attached: Heh Heh Heh Heh.png (477x346, 27K)