Why can't Japan create unique and interesting races?

Why can't Japan create unique and interesting races?

Attached: AO_lineup.jpg (704x345, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=438tYCMzB4A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what about muslims

I was actually impressed by Zelda races because they weren't Tolkien ripoffs for once

shame the designs in Stranger's Wrath were so shit
really hope the designs in Soulstorm and beyond are better

Attached: X6.jpg (1907x1499, 1.08M)

Because gorons aren't hardy, stocky ground dwellers that live in the mountains like dwarves, zora aren't inclusive elegant beings like elves, and kokiri aren't half sized humans that look like Kebler elves like hobbits. Oh wait...

Cope

They were still pretty unique compared to 90% of races in games.

>rock turtles are actually dwarves bro
>wood imps are hobbits
>and fish people are uuhh... elves

ok

>draw a cute anime girl
>call it a dragon or whatever
Why do they do this?

History.

Yeah, enough about buttblusted weebs like you though.

literally just taking tolkien races and mashing them together with a random animal

Every fictional race is just based on certain archetypes. How is Oddworld different. You have the soldier, mad scientist, greedy capitalist and eco friendly race.

More original than taking tolkien races and doing nothing like 99% of western games

nips only like humans with cat ears

Yeah, one or two japanese games versus dozens of western games sure puts them in a bright spot.

.....kek, compare the creatures in FFXIV to WOW. Westerners just follow the same orc, troll, elves tolkien tropes in everything without ever getting creative. Even FFXIV boss design shit on WOW.

You never dabbled that much with the settlers and the chicken look makes sense when their whole aesthetic is reminiscient of intensive stock raising. It's pretty fast and effective way to show that they are comformist cowards that ultimately exist only to be used up by the machine.

Also, the phasing squid monsters towards the end were legit spooky.

Attached: oddworld squid ninja.jpg (555x700, 39K)

>sure puts them in a bright spot
???

I think a lot of the designs were bland in general, they missed the point that Oddworld designs should be similar to what you'd find on earth, just a lot more odd
amorphous blobs aren't Oddworld

Attached: peo.png (724x799, 1.13M)

What the fuck are you talking about?

You're comparing one generic game against another one. The difference is in the west there are several exceptions to the rule.

Higher res I think

Also based Oddworld post

Attached: Abes_Exoddus_chart_1280x1024.jpg (1280x1024, 1.11M)

Shit I didn't realize the op image was Oddysee not Exoddus

I thought the Last Remnant guys were kinda neat.

Attached: The_Seven2.jpg (2000x1318, 442K)

Is there anything more insufferable than the special snowflakes who want ugly 'beast' races and who complain about "lazy" demihumans/kemonomimi? They should just accept that 99% of the world is heteronormative with normal tastes. You should suck it up and accept that for every 10 people like you who want some ugly abomination that caters to your inferior tastes, there will be 10,000 who want pretty and sexy human-like races.

Kill yourself

they're obssesed over the human female body and muscular male body
and cock

Never played a game in the series, but Breath of Fire has a lot of cool looking non-humans and even Zelda manages to pull out some good looking fantasy races.

You should play some Breath of Fire games. They're pretty good.

>Zoras
>elegant

Attached: King_Zora_XVI_Artwork.png (244x313, 23K)

>red xiii’s race
>shumi
>moombas
>burmecians
>ronso
>guado

>being this reductive

Absolute faggot

Might as well go all the way, "Wow wtf all these races have limbs, a corporeal existence and fine manipulators way to rip off real life you unoriginal fags"

has there ever been RPG where you can play as character that isnt bipedal humanoid sort of creature?

>rip off star wars instead of tolkien
>unique and interesting

Moombas aren't a race of people, user, they're just animals that can be killed and skinned to make disguises.

Attached: Moomba-D-District-Prison-FFVIII.png (1023x717, 1.18M)

Tales of Vesperia has Repede, who is literally just a wolf with a knife held in his mouth

Apparently Crowfall will have playable centaurs.

shumi evolve into moombas

Etrian Odyssey

Attached: 2-beast_portraits.png (1974x759, 1.39M)

Shumi are too ugly to make good disguises, though.

Attached: kisspng-muv-luv-alternative-schwarzesmarken-beta-world-5b10a2f1a8bae5.8947724615278169456911.jpg (900x760, 202K)

He seems to be enjoying some exclusive games

The only time Tolkien races are interesting nowis when they’re given actual story and not just evil grunts. Bonus points to actually playing as them

Why is it that every time a thread about non-human races pop up people like you appear. They project this idea that if you like playing as beast-men you must be a ugly in-the-closet SJW, when in reality the reason is much simpler. Most video games involve human characters, unsurprisingly some people grow bored of this over a long period of time. I, and many others, accept that many prefer humans, that doesn't mean were snowflakes.

Let me guess you think anyone who plays a non-human character, irregardless of design, is a furry?

Attached: fantasy (105407).jpg (792x594, 433K)

because that's gross and/or furryshit

>waa different opinion bad
>how do i downvote waa

HEY

Novelty isn't worth anything on it's own, and old things aren't bad just because they're old. Eventually you realize that the vast majority of "new" ideas are just shitty reimaginings of stuff that already exist. Exoticism is an opiate for the young and inexperienced. There's absolutely no intrinsic value in "different".

>Most video games involve human characters, unsurprisingly some people grow bored of this over a long period of time.
Do you grow bored of breathing air too?

Attached: fantasy (1820).jpg (1024x1492, 229K)

Because only the west cares about such things. Japs are perfectly content with generic kawaii animu girls in every single girl. If they don't want to pander to the west, they aren't gonna change that formula.

>in every single girl
Lol I meant every single game.

youtube.com/watch?v=438tYCMzB4A

They were, but this is a very obvious bait post to just try and hate on jap shit so don't expect them to acknowledge it

>literally
deluded negro seething

Attached: images.jpg (182x276, 9K)