Yea Forums .. uhh. what does this mean?

I don't know if I should laugh oooor

Attached: ss.png (2048x1330, 659K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/43160
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it means you're a brainlet that only reads headlines and thinks they're factual

that means gabe newell better start thinking on making games again because steam will go down.and another tf2 update

Attached: 64ha28e4d7821.png (940x946, 403K)

Except thats misleading as fuck, they are saying it outsold the original last light release, not the updated rerelease. Plus their numbers were pulled from the opening week of release with pre orders and not the full release or FR+updated Last Light.

its intentionally misleading yellow journalism purchased by Epic from such reputable journalist at Polygon.

Wasn't last light released when thq were in the middle of bankruptcy?

Source about the number?

Last Light was shitty though. It had no reason to sell well besides residual 2033 hype and that was a niche game as it is

Steam, Valve and Gaben himself will go down and in bankruptcy twice before they even learn how to count up to 3, user, let it go.

Does that include Steam pre-orders?

>valve-drones need conspiracy theories to keep sanity
Lol

>Facts and logic
>"heh, pcbro"

This is why everyone hates the Chinese, Chang.

>what people want to happen
stores compete to improve their ui, performance, and features to drive users to their platform
>what will happen
stores compete to see who can give the biggest incentive to developers for getting a PC digital exclusive

user, remember, whey a Company Men comes out on stage and doesn't tell you any actual numbers, he's trying to swindle you.

It means that Polygon is on the take.

All this means is that: 1. This game was marketed out the fucking wazoo. 2. A FUCK ton of people's first and only Metro game was fucking Exodus.

I hate the Chinese because they're just dumber, uglier Japs

>user disproves this in last thread
>Shill deletes thread and tries again

>what people want to happen
stores compete to improve their ui, performance, features, and developer benefits to drive users and developers to their platform
>what will happen
billion dollars corporations will compete in bidding wars for exclusivity deals on already existing products, effectively shutting out the need to compete.

>Metro Exodus has sold two and a half times more copies on the Epic Games Store than Metro Last Light sold in the same amount of time on Steam.

"developer benefits"
the average person doesn't care about this
if the metro dudes (PUBLISHER) have to pay a 25% or 30% cut who cares?

Oh I'm sorry for being such a gay. user, sorry.

Attached: spooked.png (1779x1054, 549K)

The devs benefit. Consumers indirectly benefit from higher grossing video games, in theory, because that money could be accounted for to invest more into development. Either way, it shouldn't matter, because its not a paid exclusivity deal. Stores should compete for both devs and consumers, they're both technically associates in the transaction of a game purchase. The difference is that Epic is literally buying out the favor in one in an attempt to strangle the other.

They also didn't clarify if those numbers are counting the SIX MONTHS PRE-ORDER PERIOD ON STEAM, with the game being #1 on Steam pre-orders when the exclusivity deal was announced.

Devs don't benefit, publishers do. The dudes actually making the games don't see a penny more. Blizzard OWNS their own platform and they still laid off hundreds of people, and this is during a great year for them as a company.
This is my fault though, for saying "biggest incentive to developer" when I meant to say "biggest incentive to publisher." I apologize for the misunderstand.

>because that money could be accounted for to invest more into development
How can people be this naive this late into the game?

Attached: 1503890087124.jpg (600x604, 52K)

NOOO DAY 1 PIRATE BROS, WHAT HAPPENED?

Steam is just a small indie studio. There is no way they can compete vs Epic games without our support!

>We sold 2.5x more with Exodus in the first week than the original release of Last Light in its first week!
>*Including Steam numbers which were up for pre-order for months
>*Ignoring the context that Last Light sold like shit at launch and Exodus had an enormous marketing budget comparatively

It shouldn't surprise me that people would be dumb enough to take that statement at face value

Attached: 1467771563095.jpg (480x515, 47K)

Also they either:
Compared it to Last Light, released in 2000 fucking 13.
Or the shitty-ass "remaster" or whatever, that was a shitshow.

You guys understand devs are paid salaries right? And that almost the entirety of a published game's budget is spent on man hours? If a publisher's goal is to make mobile game tier monetized cash grabs then they will do that regardless of the split. You don't know shit if you think Steam's 30% revenue shares aren't accounted for when scheduling budgets and game development scope. Also I'm not talking about exclusivity deals. Those can go die in a fire, and you're right for saying those only benefit publishers, because if it doesn't result in game development, in general, its not going to devs. Exclusivity deals are different from a competitive revenue split. Exclusivity deals are a simple assurance payment bonus to cover the asses of a publisher. Revenue shares aren't spur of the moment money awards, and would theoretically, in the hands of a developer and publisher that wanted to invest in its own products, benefit that said product by removing a limiter to the budget.

It sold better because the brand is bigger than it was all those years ago. It would have sold even better if it was on Steam.

do the math

Attached: 1553129429233.png (593x687, 263K)

>giving away millions to secure exclusives
>then have to compare the sales on that exclusive to another release this vaguely to paint the image that it benefited
So how much longer can Epic really sustain running like this? If they had concrete numbers to boast there'd be no tiptoeing around it
What if their other bought exclusives perform this "well"?

I do wonder if people are being disingenuous or if they only download images from Yea Forums without checking the source.

Attached: Last Light.png (848x683, 248K)

>Redux
Redux isn't the original release of Last Light

Last Light was a shit game, of course Exodus outsold it

imbecile

considering it had a CCU of 16.5k I highly doubt that it only had 20k purchases
steamcharts.com/app/43160

Learn to fucking read you stupid faggot.

So where are the numbers nigger

>redux version of the game sold 2-5 million
>original only sold 20,000

and you think this is an accurate estimate? lol

I hate this industry.
Nobody except Nintendo reveals actual numbers. With Sony it's "sold X in the first week" and then silence and we have to try and figure it out from trophy statistics or some other bullshit. Xbox doesn't even reveal hardware sales any more.

Attached: 1471682546757.png (565x722, 330K)

Xbox revealing sales number for the Xbox One will be embarrassing for them.. maybe next gen they'll start doing it again once the win next gen.

2 million to 5 million is a massive range. why would anyone take this site seriously

The devs get paid yes. Are their salaries correlated to the publisher's profits? No.

If you actually read the article fagget it was the original Metro last light not the redux and it was based on the first day of sales. Epic is comparing its entire sales so far to that first day of steam sales which means they actually sold fuck all units.

see

>epic boasted about the number of free downloads

>reputable journalist
>Polygon
I really really have a hard time taking your post seriously after this.

sub 40 IQ

>Epic Games store exclusives sells better than polio

>end result
PC finally completes it's devolution in to a console.

So then that supports competitive shares even more so

basically