Cuphead in smash

Cuphead in smash

>sakurai praised it when it came out just like persona 5 way before joker was announced
mobile.twitter.com/allsourcegaming/status/923408397336064000?lang=en

>cuphead is getting a switch port

Attached: 90004334-9F5E-4D3E-ADDD-4159B99045CD.jpg (1200x600, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRUYel8SR1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd like it for the stage and music alone, but I'm not sure cuphead/mugman as a character (or characters if they'll be like ice climbers) would translate well for smash. That said, I think it's too recent a property to be considered for smash.

inb4 Cuphead is like Mr. Game & Watch where his moveset are from the bosses in the games

I wouldn’t be mad they would be an interesting character

They could introduce their parry so that when you jump off another player enough times( or it could be his down air) they can use a special attack

>his moveset are from the bosses in the games
fuck off, he would fight like a fleischer character, you mongoloid

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-09-22h51m14s690.png (962x720, 186K)

AND A PERMANENT SHAVE
HA HA HA

Don't have a horse in this race and you both look like mongoloids, just saying.

Just like persona 5 right... oh wait

*ahem* FUCK STEVE, FUCK RASH AND FUCK CHIEF

Attached: pp,550x550.u2.jpg (550x550, 51K)

Assist trophy at best. Indie characters wouldn't get into smash beyond a single indie to "represent" them, and it wouldn't be cuphead.

Attached: sonic_default.gif (205x210, 221K)

For fucks sake... Just... Stop.

>sakurai praised it when it came out just like persona 5 way before joker was announced
DLC characters are chosen by Nintendo, not Sakurai

He would be good, but his character model would be a pain in the ass to make. Game and watch is a black 3D model that always squashed but with cuphead the model has to look like a 2d drawing in a 3D plain.

Attached: 7469BC95-DF24-4405-B599-478373362CFE.png (646x577, 14K)

Too bad Sakurai isn't picking characters.

May I just say Swing you Sinners was one of the best things to ever happen in the entirety of animation?

interesting idea, I wonder if they'd just die instantly upon the match starting idfk

Attached: yeet.png (500x519, 319K)

>cuphead getting in over Reimu
lol

yes it is, man of culture youtube.com/watch?v=SRUYel8SR1A

>Sakurai's rules for newcomers from new series is that the series' music must be catchy and the newcomer has to be balanced very well into the game and stay true how would the newcomer's mechanics in this game can work in game.
>Minecraft music doesn't have that much catchy music, Steve's ability to place blocks could ruin the balance and making him too campy to be in smash.
Banjobros, join in.

Attached: 1549078018005.jpg (1300x1300, 214K)

Attached: 690738_dreaminerryday_gang-banjo-boomers.png (454x448, 164K)

GOOD DAY FOR A SWELL BATTLE.

Attached: Big Brain2.webm (1024x576, 2.65M)

>Cuphead switch confirmed to be 1080p60fps

Oh look. A game actually can run decent on switch when it's by the ACTUAL DEVELOPERS OF THE GAME and not outsourced, on a shoestring budget with a 6 months timeframe to some Brazilians or Swedes whos only game experience is making mobile shit. Who would have fucking thought.

you do know that every character in the game is rendered 2D in the 2D stages right? it's not impossible to get the cups to work

What doesn't Sakurai like, he seems to play everything

King Dice as a boss would be cool but I don't think Cuphead could make a great fighter.

Time for an early celebration thread, BanjoChads!

Attached: 1543101711749.jpg (640x569, 34K)

>Minecraft OST has millions and millions of views on YouTube, since people like it
>The slow paced songs can be remixed
>Sakurai doesn't care about how campy a character is
Fuck off, Banjotard. I didn't even bring up Steve in the first place. "Sakurai's rules" are meaningless since Nintendo is picking and Sakurai just determines if he can make a character a fighter or not.

Fuck off Banjokes, your boot licking won't get you any support from us.

Attached: 1551628165224.png (1280x720, 637K)

I wonder what you can do to their animations in 3D to reference the game. I don't think you can ever get that same smooth effect that animating on 2's give into 3D.

But at the end of this, Kumatora looks like a completely vapid thot. The "won girl" in these situations always does.

No, really. Are we meant to still like the woman that does this? Like the chickenhawk in Looney Tunes, he doesn't care who wins. He'll fricasse the loser.

desu i'd like to see both banjo and cuphead in

>>Sakurai doesn't care about how campy a character is
But!
IF STEVE MINCECRAFT CAN PLACE BLOCKS, IT COULD RUIN SMASH YOU ASSHOLE! BECAUSE HE COULD PLACE THESE BLOCKS IN THE AIR TO MAKE SPOTS WHERE HE CAN ACCESS BUT THE REST OF THE FIGHTERS DON'T!

>DLC characters are chosen by Nintendo, not Sakurai

Attached: 1540405478795.png (960x569, 224K)

If they can accurately represent G&W, then they can do the same thing for Cuphead.

>BECAUSE HE COULD PLACE THESE BLOCKS IN THE AIR TO MAKE SPOTS WHERE HE CAN ACCESS BUT THE REST OF THE FIGHTERS DON'T!
That's actually a really cool gimmick. I hope Sakurai incorporates that into Steve if he gets added. There should obviously be a time limit to it but it'd result in some sick edgeguards.

Yes, but he'd have to remain similar shading/animation/general aesthetics to the source material in order for the character to translate properly, not just to flatten the model on a 2D plane

Also phoneposting is completely fucked here now