Attached: Half Life.jpg (501x640, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AfrobullArt/status/1075243160920616960?s=19
steamcommunity.com/app/620/discussions/0/1693788384143610427/?ctp=2
youtube.com/watch?v=ph60iKWmtos
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw epic was actually the good guys all along

Attached: Florida_Woman_Caught_Eating_Entire_Colony_of_Plankton.jpg (703x613, 103K)

Ok, tyler what info do you have?

Attached: 1540948686619.png (709x626, 553K)

epic will never amount to anything
valve will always remain
they will make and hf3 but they are focusing on alternative shit because of their obcession of bringing relevant video games(a hf3 that is too safe would be an epic failure)

I don't even want HL3 anymore. Epistle 3 was enough closure for me. It's been far too long for the game to live up to any of the hype. Just give us F-Stop as its own game and admit that HL3 is never coming.

Who cares? HL2 wasn't even that good.

Original pic?

Attached: 1541472108951.jpg (300x300, 22K)

They need to finish the TF2 comic and release the Heavy update, then I can stop giving a shit about Valve because they certainly don't care about us anymore.

>tfw hl3 will be an epic store exclusive

>tfw Epic will have forgotten UT4 and the community will take it to Steam

This Steam/Epic Store argument is fucking stupid. Steam is not going to disappear overnight and even if the Epic Store does end up becoming popular, Steam isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This new competition can only be a good thing for everyone. A single entity controlling the entire market is a horrible situation to be in, imagine if Steam was run by a much shittier company like EA? Having competition forces companies to have more competitive prices to draw in customers, and make sure their services aren't shit. Now that there is a rival company that could pose a threat to Steam, Valve might finally get their shit together.

Either way, if Half Life ever does come out, it will never meet expectations. Impossible. It's better off not being made, people have more or less accepted that by now, releasing a sub-par game would be just rubbing salt in the wound.

Attached: Hades.gif (320x240, 1.11M)

PUSH THE 3 BUTTON

twitter.com/AfrobullArt/status/1075243160920616960?s=19

here you go mate

i mean even if the gampelay wasnt that great id at least like the story to be finished. I need some closure

>HL3 is rushed

Half Life 3 will literally never happen.
Valve is actively waiting for you stupid fucks to let it go already.

The story is finished, Epistle 3 was released. No matter what, the game was always going to end in a "reset" with Gordon awaiting the next adventure. There was never going to be some final climax of the series that didn't leave room for another game to be made, but at least Epistle 3 wrapped up the current lingering plot threads.

Valve has an equal amount of money if not more than Epic and Epic is constantly draining itself going for exclusives that only last a year
Valve can just sit on its ass while Epic is trying hard to beat them
no they aren't

>Tim Sweeney is playing the bad guy to light a fire under Valve's ass to make HL3
This man is making himself public enemy number one for us
What a hero

Doesn't count, faggot.

Attached: 1523180050546.png (469x452, 277K)

Left 4 Dead 3 would bring more money and br easier to meet expectations

This. I don't want to see how they'd further butcher Half-Life; no doubt by putting stupid fucking Portal crap in.

I'd rather have Team Fortress 3

>the writer of the games releases the story he had written for the next game
>HURR DURR DOESN'T COUNT I WANT THEM TO RELEASE A GAME THAT WONT LIVE UP TO THE HYPE

Fuck off retard, it's literally the best we're gonna get. Just be happy with it and move on, like the rest of the once dedicated fanbase. Just look at the abysmal state of half life threads on Yea Forums these days. Nobody cares anymore. Maybe once people stop talking about it, Valve might finally surprise us and release something. Until then just forget it.

Epistle 3 was retarded

>DUDE THERE'S THIS BOAT THAT TELEPORTS THROUGH TIME AND SPACE LOLOL LETS GO CHECK IT OUT MORTY *BURP*

Cringe

Half Life was never good.

Face it. The Valve that could have made an actually good HL3 is long dead. If they made one now it would just be some try hard bullshit.

Are you fucking retarded? If you have issue with that particular plotline then you really should be saying Episodes 1 and 2 were "retarded". It's not like that was new or unique to epistle 3.

Episode 2 was retarded

>DUDE THERE'S THIS BOAT THAT TELEPORTS THROUGH TIME AND SPACE LOLOL LETS GO CHECK IT OUT BEFORE THE COMBINE GET IT BECAUSE THEY NEED IT DESPITE HAVING INTERGALACTIC TRAVEL AND TELEPORTATION TECH OF THEIR OWN MORTY *BURP*

Cringe

>Competition
>Exclusives
Pick one, real competition would be games coming out on both platforms and the player deciding which platform is better. Whether that's refund policy or some shit. Sucking a devs cock for a exclusive isnt competition, its buying the competing business out of stock and then saying: "Look im better since Im selling more than him!"

I seriously doubt L4D3 will happen now that Back4Blood has been announced.

Episode 1 was cool. Episode 2 was borderline retarded but at least the gameplay was decent. Epistle 3 was just pure unfiltered retardation existing in narrative only so it had no gameplay to redeem it

I'm pretty sure a Half Life 3 game would be bad, and not just because of the 10+ year hype surrounding the rumors and theories about what a HL3 game would play like.
Several of the big name writers/developers that worked on the first 2 games have left the company now.

Attached: gabe.jpg (1200x1200, 69K)

>but at least the gameplay was decent

It was the exact same gameplay as the other games in the HL2 series. Sounds like you're backpeddaling a bit to me, which is fine. I'd expect no less from Yea Forums.

this is Yea Forums not Yea Forums

>Back4Blood goes Epic Exclusive
>GabeN, out of pure FAT RETARD RAGE, announces L4D3

Attached: 1549040826646.gif (300x188, 35K)

This is more likely than I'd like to admit, and if the situation arises I will definitely support B4B before L4D3. Despite the abysmal mess that was Evolve, I trust that Turtle Rock is telling the truth about learning from their mistakes/successes and going back to their roots. I'm wary of supporting anything Valve does these days, and I haven't even logged into Steam since Artifact was announced.

>Steam will drop proton development and all things linux to focus on this retarded platform war
We were so fucking close

Attached: 1551754888734.gif (224x178, 1.37M)

did they say that or is that just a prediction
i want off of microsoft's wild spyware-ridden ride

Valve is unable to ship a content-rich game anymore.

Do you seriously want another Duke Nukem Forever?

HL2 team leader was David Speyrer, and he's still at the company. Mike Morasky is more than capable to replace Kelly Bailey. Erik Wolpaw was one of the writers for HL2 Episodes and is still working with Valve as a contractor, so he can replace Marc Laidlaw.

I like Tyler but he should be more careful with his sources.

I don't care about Halflife 3 anymore, I just want to know what F-Stop is.

>I just want to know what F-Stop is.
I'm thinking it had something to do with a time manipulation mechanic that played into solving puzzles

It's a prediction, linux still doesn't constitutes such a large playerbase to justify the investment so it's a logic candidate for cost-cutting

Didn't it become Quantum Conundrum when Kim Swift left Valve?

First thing that comes to mind is photography because of the name. Time could be involved somehow but I kind of doubt it because.. (see below)

No, if I recall correctly Final Hours of Portal 2 said her idea was about time manipulation and Gabe said something along the lines of "it just didn't work, it wasn't fun". Which obviously rang true because her game ended up using multidimensional shifts rather than time manipulation. Meanwhile Gabe talked about F-stop like the second coming of Christ, saying it was instantly fun and easy to pick up and wrap your head around. Specifically avoiding giving any real details because he planned to use it in a future game.

F-stop most definitely had something to do with a camera that manipulated your reality in one way or the other. I'd say it were outright confirmed if I knew the actual source of the assets in this post steamcommunity.com/app/620/discussions/0/1693788384143610427/?ctp=2

I remember seeing a few tech demos that peaked my interest years ago when I was still obsessing about what the mechanic might be. There was one I can't find a link to that was about solving puzzles by changing the size of things based on the perspective you looked at them from, and then this one which I found quite interesting in it's own right. youtube.com/watch?v=ph60iKWmtos