Will it be Minekino?

Will it be Minekino?

Attached: 1.14_Village_&_Pillage.png (814x459, 269K)

is this an official update or what?

it already has some terrible design choices, as always, so I'm going to say no. Mojang are absolutely clueless about game design, and out of the dev team only 1 (maybe 2, at a push) are capable of writing acceptable code. There's a reason the game runs like absolute shit, especially the recent 1.13 update - the devs are morons.

Yes. Fleshes out villages, raider patrols and camps, bamboo forests with pandas, foxes, scaffolding, crossbows, tons of new fences, slabs, lanterns, bells, barrels, and a bunch more shit

No, Notch just left them with nearly unusable spaghetti code.

cool, I guess it's time to reinstall and see what this game has to offer after 5 years

whilst that is true, many of the new additions, along with rewrites for the code, are still poorly done at best. There's a few exceptions (and it's no coincidence that the exceptions are all done by the clearly more competent developers in the team), but generally the game is still a mess even in areas that have supposedly already been cleaned up.

sounds pretty cool but it will probably look pretty lame with MC graphics. Any decent shaderpacks?

This unironically.
Mojang should be glad that 1) kids are stupid and 2) modders know more about game design than they do.

Shit, you missed some huge updates.
That's why we need a full transition to C++ and a modding API for it.

yeah I did, I only played the beta releases when there was a Yea Forums event.
really looking forward to this weekend

>That's why we need a full transition to C++ and a modding API for it.
don't know if they really will rewrite Minecraft as a whole

>That's why we need a full transition to C++ and a modding API for it.
actually, we already have it (kind of) with Bedrock Edition (AKA Windows 10 edition and PE)

With how much this game is worth/makes compared to how much it costs to develop for it, do the devs really have a single excuse to not just rewrite the code from the bottom up professionally?

>will only raid villagers
>can be easily stoped with something as a fence
>raids will only trigger if you kill a certain mob and walk into a village
>no raids on player bases
>half of the update is feller content
>still takes up to half of a year just to push it out
This shit blows, how come with all the money they get they still push out mediocre shit every six months? God I hope hytale isn’t some scam and shows what Minecraft should’ve been.

Attached: ADE7DF3C-EC5D-4B2F-92A7-350F3EDE42E7.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

they got different developers to do exactly that, see problem is Bedrock Edition is still pretty shit and lacks noteable features from the main version, and the UI is noticeably worse as well as it's more designed for portable devices like phones/tablets

nobody cares at this point really, Minecraft makes mostly bank over the merch and servers (since everybody and their mother already have a minecraft account).
It's surprising that they still release free content and don't turn it into a DLC cashcow

There's no such thing as unusable spaghetti code. I've detangled piles of spaghetti in my time and even if you have to rewrite the whole thing to fix the mess, the spaghetti is still useful for knowing how/when/where to do things. The game could have been rewritten several times over since Notch left, but it hasn't.

Only if they bring back old worldgen

Attached: SOUL VS SOULLESS.png (975x514, 335K)

Why no regular bears?

I mean at this point they probably will do regular black/grizzly bears in the future

We have polar and panda already; we gotta complete the bear trifecta

>fleshes out something that should have been fleshed out years ago
>useless biome with useless mob
>useless mob
>something that should have been added years ago
>something that should should have been added years ago
>cosmetic addition
>cosmetic edition
>cosmetic edition
>cosmetic edition
>and shitloads useless garbage user couldn't be asked to mention
yeah, minecraft is fucking dead. Not worth playing anything above 1.7.10. fuck microsoft and fuck mojang

cringe and bluepilled

are there any mods / plans to add scuba diving torpedo scooters / submarines and stuff like that?

Raijit, .05 rupees have been deposited to your Microsoft community improvement account.

They added pricker bushes at the same time as raids, which is hilarious because bushes grow at an incredible rate and it takes no effort to line your walls with them and repel every attack passively.

Minecraft is a good idea executed terribly.

One of the biggest problems with it is the mining aspect. It should be the best part of the game, but it's so underwhelming. Instead of taking the obvious game design choice of having thousands of blocks' worth of depth with progressive rewards and challenges, it instead replaces it with... nothing.

The survival aspects are extremely poor as well. You barely need anything to essentially be safe from all dangers. There's no real sense of progression, either - again something that would be resolved with greater underground depth.

the biome you posted on the left is now known as extreme hills user

>but it’s comfy

Attached: 296C74A2-5844-462E-BA72-F26290A57583.jpg (480x360, 18K)

i agree on the survival part, there need to be more dangerous mobs, it would be cool if there were large agressive mobs that guarded certain biomes especially the new ocean ones

>only a small portion of your world
>if you set it to be your whole world you won't have access to stuff from other biomes like sand
>still soulless

I agree but I can't help but come back every few months to dick about in creative, especially to mess around with technical aspects like functions, datapacks, and structures. From a game design standpoint, though, the game is terrible and continues to miss the mark.

Wait for the cave update,Maybe i can ask them to add in the new mole mobs we at mojanf are working on ;)

I've recently decided to give Minecraft a serious try after years of shitting on it and I've been getting rekt by some of the mobs. I've had a creeper sneak up on me and kill me in one hit at full health and I might as well give up if I run into more than 1 skeleton at a time.

How do I get gud?

they just need more hill biomes imo, i genuinely enjoy the variety of biomes that has been added to the game over time, especially the new ocean biomes that turned the ocean into something worth exploring

The problem with extreme hills is that they all are made of the same shit and generally look the same
Back in beta you could have a giant mountain covered in trees, or a desert mountain. Now we get stone and snow.

>Fleshes out villages
This only took them how many years?

I never used villages before other than to loot the blacksmith chest. This update looks like nothing will change there, villager trades have always been trash unless you NEED a Woodland Mansion map or one happens to get a mending book.

we genuinely just need more types of hills biomes, it would be cool if we could get some extreme hills biomes that had a variety of types of tops on the mountains

there is genuinely more to do in the new minecraft now so playing on servers is more fun than ever. unfortunately singleplayer is too easy and lackluster

fuck me i keep saying genuinely like an autist, then again im sick as fuck right now with mono

Its easier to build on flat land and its more aesthetically pleasing and less jarring in the world as a whole.Also build a mountain your self fag.Also ive played every version of Minecraft and have found modern forest mountains and no sand mountains in old Minecraft but a few(not many) in new Minecraft
Its still a good feature nomatter how long
“Food is bad and i wanna starve because it took these ppl to long to get it”
>inb4 food analogy

What they should do is bring back the old beta generation, increase the height limit, and have the current extreme hills biomes generate like the terrain in amplified worlds.

In beta there are quite a few flat little areas on the ground and on top of hills to build on. Would you rather build your base near or on top of an inspiring cavernous overhanging mountain or on a flat boring landscape where you have to break 800 grass to even place anything? It's also way more fun to explore.

Haven't played Minecraft since the adventure update first came out. Recently tried it in VR and it really is something special and breathes new life into the game. Have some issues with janky controls but otherwise it's easily the best way to play it(vivecraft, not the crappy official version).

Have they removed hunger and fixed worldgen yet?

Nope, you're gonna have to stop walking every 6 seconds while exploring a plains biome and you're gonna like it goy.

literally eight years ago, get over it boomer

They're adding all this useless shit yet can't be bothered to make a mining helmet or decent furniture? Some Minecraft youtuber made a 20 features Mojang wont put into Minecraft and half if not all of them are half assed responses like it'll "stifle creativity" or it's "too advanced" when in reality the swedecucks are lazy as fuck. How sad that modders make vetter things (for free) than a multi-milliondollar company being published by a multi-billion dollar company.

>M-MUH NOTCH IS BAD MAN THEORY
kys fucking liberal faggot

That video pissed me off so much, not because of the youtuber, but the amount of shit Mojang would just refuse to put in the game. How the fuck would sideways slabs LIMIT creativity, same with colored water.

cringe

They say this while adding useless bullshit like panda's, bamboo and those repulsive terra cotta blocks.

The most important question is: Are they bringing back custom worlds? That's all that matters to me.

even after rewriting the lighting engine twice, they still can't get it to work properly with slabs and stairs; wouldn't surprise me if this were the reason sideways slabs aren't a thing.

you mean the custom world gen settings they removed for 1.13?
I don't think it's coming back any time soon, if at all.

Why haven't you smuggled in Villager immigrants yet

Attached: 20190318_23.58.23.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

True Soul is Custom world gen, which they took out for some unholy reason. They better add it back in this version.

>Limiting them makes them find xreative work arounds!
Athough furniture mods and ideas(in all the versions ive seen) in Minecraft look bad.SIDE WAYS SLABS AND COLOR WATER ARE GOOD

Cosmetic editions are good additions in a sandbox game.

You know you can place block right on to grass without breaking it first, right?

I think there is a decent amount of progression with enchanting, and I think that there shouldn't be too much progression, since that would mean it takes forever to get endgear equipment in a new world/server, which can be annoying.

Turn the brightness all the way up, prioritize lighting caverns and clearing mobs over mining so that you can loosely secure an area first, carry a bow for creepers and a shield for skeletons.

Can I burn down villages with a warband?
>Burn down village
>Take woman as your own
>Have a child
>Dont speak her language but your love over comes language barriers
>Raid more, adding to your Ghengis Khan like haram.
>Your men are rewarded with emeralds and precious minerals.
>You take over some villages eventually.
>You create an empire
>You make your slaves build a castle on the outskirts of the world
Take me there.

I'm honestly fine with bamboo, could use a couple more uses though. Pandas and foxes are useless crap, the terracotta biome is actually pretty nice imo, but I will agree the glazed terracotta looks pretty shit with the exception of 1 or 2 blocks with a specific combination of building materials

But we do still get desert mountains and other types of mountains. You do know that there are other extreme hill variants that go with different biomes, right?

The Mining helmet thing is more a limitation of the lighting engine. I'm sure you could redo it to allow for dynamic lighting though, but I also doubt anyone at Mojang is even skilled enough to do it.

The good thing is that the next update will be 99% sure the combat one. I pray for 2 handed weapons, but dont really spect much from those faggots devs.

I was playing last snapshot yesterday and made a little village of two houses in a plain and every 2 or 3 days 3 enemies spawned to raid me some vindicators and crossbow man, it was pretty cool

I remember someone saying they would bring them back eventually. For me it's vital since I prefer custom worlds much more than normal worlds, since you can make worlds with larger, more interesting mountains.

That would legit be cool. I remember there being a mod that was somewhat like this where you would have a custom built city that you would earn, and could have knights and stuff fight for you.

yeah, they also once said a modding api would be added to the game "eventually"

How do I make bases that

1. aren't ugly as fuck
2. aren't impractical

Attached: 1550152654861.jpg (472x482, 16K)

Amplified is pretty fucking cool.

>villagers finally have a daily schedule
>8 years after release

>Minecraft
>visual bad

Ok, when have you reached the 50000000th bedwar win against 6 year olds?

runs like shit in 1.13's rendering engine though

>1
Practice and patience.
>2
Assuming it also meets 1, then you need planning.
>Okay, I don't want to have to walk half a mile or ride a minecart to get to my store/alchemy lab/whatever
>So I'll put it here
>Bed here
>This here
>Okay, cool, now to try and make it pretty

>God I hope hytale isn’t some scam
Considering it's made by the Hypixel people I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Maybe thats my fully updated specs talking, sorry user.

yyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss.................

I highly doubt you have flawless performance in an amplified world in 1.13, as performance is notoriously terrible in 1.13 due to the new rendering engine being literally unfinished. Or are you just meme'ing me here?
1.12 and below I had easily 100+ fps at max setting and render distance in an amplified world, but in 1.13 it tanks regularly (especially whilst generating new chunks or simply spinning the player around) since the rendering is so broken in this version. 1.14 at least improves this drastically, however, so it won't be an issue anymore soon.

Seriously, fuck this game. Way to make the game even more tedious. Why do the devs hate their players?

Attached: Phantom.gif (296x271, 726K)

Why did they think this was a good idea to add?

blame the retards who voted it in

Attached: fr-minecraft_X612_minecon2017-mob-vote-montage.jpg (756x525, 43K)

does anyone like phantoms?
no, really, does a single person out there actually like these fucking things?
even on paper, the idea was retarded, and they executed it in the worst way possible. I don't think anybody likes them at all.

the only thing that was known were the designs and extremely vague details about them, plus I'm fairly sure the polls were rigged.

>have to build forward bases away from your main base and all over your mines to prevent these niggers from spawning when you can't even see the days go by
>WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT IN GAMEPLAY
I realize they want people to make use of sleep, but come the fuck on. I liked it better when skipping night was an option. Sometimes you can't even find enough sheep around where you decide to build or you want to keep them alive but don't have shears yet to harvest the wool.

Literally just add sleeping bags that skip night, but don't reset spawn. Too bad Mojang already axed that idea

Literally installing optifine lets dropped and held torches act as a dynamic light source. Mojang are just a bunch of lazy hacks

I keep some wood and a bed in an Ender Chest/Skulker Box combo and just build a mini-shelter as I go along then tear it down when I'm done.

It's tedious, but it works. I'd rather just have an option to disable them.

Use different blocks besides making everything out of birch wood

Ah the ol loot n scoot.

That's a viable strategy if you're built on the world spawn. If you're not, they you're fucked on trying to recover your gear or maybe even find your base again if you haven't left a trail or remembered the area.

>retards
There was zero information given besides it's appearance, and there's a noticeable lack of flying mobs in the overworld. Don't blame the people who voted for B. That being said, I probably would have gone for the giga nigga blaze.

The concept is dumb as fuck. Players shouldn't be penalized for a lack of sleep, you're taking a risk by going out at night in the first place.

Why can't they add all of them in? What's with the retarded poll? How embarassingly lazy Swedecucks at Mojang are they can't be assed to put in four new creatures into their game. Imagine if something like Terraria had a poll to add one (1) new enemy into the game.

Stevey Stevey
Cope and Seethey

Now that Vergeben's left the buildin',
Your hopes and dreams are quickly wiltin'.

"We've got pandas! We've got raids!"
Post alpha Minecraft gives me AIDS.

A proof of concept with no direction.
Notch sits out with his erection.

Attached: 1543112755285.png (658x466, 24K)

>takes them half a year to launch the rape and pillage update
>still no underground biomes
>still no custom world gen they promised to bring back in 1.13

Attached: 1544741112834.jpg (286x509, 12K)

Caffine free sòy lattes and trips to China to record Panda noises is grueling arduous labor with no energy user, think about the poor development team :(

go back to your smash thread

Attached: 1553111063376.gif (190x294, 102K)

I started playing back for 1.13 (Stopped after 1.9 after it was clear they didn't care about the community although it seems to have slightly changed since then) 1.14 reminds me of how they have no clue on what to do. They're unable to finish everything they planned for the update compared to previous updates which contained as much as they physically could

I read that like "Village People" at first.

>The old Phantom design still has more soul
Kek

Do we know when it's coming out?