The next day... I'm forgotten

the next day... I'm forgotten...

Attached: google_stadia_controller_in_hands_3840.0.jpg (3840x2160, 998K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PdtKyMKJXSw
wccftech.com/google-stadia-latency-artefacts/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_body_mass_index
windowscentral.com/inside-crackdown-3s-azure-cloud-powered-destruction
youtube.com/watch?v=XMxJX7bz0BU
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-05-law-firm-encouraging-shareholders-to-sue-activision-blizzard-over-bungie-split
fortadvocaten.nl/hebben-aandeelhouders-altijd-recht-op-winst/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good, i hope OnLive stays forgotten.

Looks very uncomfortable to hold.
Especially for non-Americans.

Like I said on /g/. All we need is one big shitstorm about the lag and simultaneously PS5 to show up with superior hardware and games to save the day, similar to how they did it last gen. Except this time Stadia will die.

youtube.com/watch?v=PdtKyMKJXSw

Why does Google insist on invading every market?

Why doesn't Yahoo do this? Or the other search engines?

The shape makes me think of the switch pro controller, but the analog stick placement is dual shock

Yahoo and others are dead. Again because Google

Google is trying to be an “experience” by trying things out. Also they’re #1 of the internet so they can do anything and if it doesn’t stick they’ll just move on and try more things. They have money to spare

Sony also invades most markets but at least they make some quality audio products.

It's not forgotten as proven by this thread's existence.

I'm a PCfag but you'd have to be a retard to claim that consoles aren't important for the industry. I'm rooting for PS5 as long as its an actual piece of hardware to play video games on and not some gay stream box.

>all those fucking female and nignog streamers
Good lord how fucking pathetic

If you have a literally endless money you can do whatever the fuck you want. As long as people keep using Google, Android, YouTube etc. Google will be forever rich. They probably made back all the money they invested into this in the last month. They make $100,000,000 a day just from ad revenue alone.

>analog stick areas are ORANGE

who thought this was a good idea

Cute hands.

google should honestly be broken up

Google, Android, and YouTube are quite honestly really fucking good when you put aside cynicism and nitpicking. They're actually so good that people were furious when dumb shit like Google+ got between them and those three services. Stadia doesn't look like it can ever be good, to me. Let's just hope it's another failed venture for Google.

The next year and a half are going to be the most interesting times in gaming and hardware, probably ever.

Zen 2, streaming shit, new consoles, Intel discrete GPUs and 10nm 3D stacked CPUs. Nvidia 7nm GPUs. DDR5?

((()))

They're rich but they're still no bigger than Microsoft in general. That's why this cloud war will be so interesting. Sony are probably shitting themselves now because these services are going to steal many of their customers and have basically no entry cost as they're going to be on every platform in existence.

stadia games will cost the same as steam/ps5

you telling me a option that gives you a 1080ti level performance for free as in you never have to pay 600$ for a new console or PC part. … is going to do bad.

you are crazy

its lag is only 15-25ms onlives was 150ms+ by comparison they are not the same technology.

Dark times when a PC fag has to root for a TIVO box because the alternative is even more anti-consumer.

Attached: 1552242121192.jpg (650x520, 79K)

Vega 56 performance isn't 1080 ti performance and nowhere near. Not even Vega 64 gets close to 1080 ti performance.

>Zen 2,

bulldozer 3.0
streaming shit,

for poors
> new consoles

already cancled due to stadia (NO SONY), >Intel discrete GPUs

only cool thing they just got put in most powerful supercomputer before release they are amazing.

and 10nm 3D stacked CPUs.

shit cpus designed to search images faster on alaptop not play a game fast
>Nvidia 7nm GPUs.
will be boring and only 30% faster than 2080ti and not this year 2022
> DDR5?

ram doesnt even effect the best CPUs at all...

>its lag is only 15-25ms
No, it's not.
wccftech.com/google-stadia-latency-artefacts/

>forgotten
As it should be. A completely worthless scam

its not vega 56 performance you retard its 10.7 tflops of a unknown card

that's more than even radeon7 amd obviously been asked not to release it and only make best part for google

1080ti is 11tflops 10.7 = 11

that controller looks awful

Consoles suck and are holding back games fuck off.

Because they have to do something with all that fuck you Jew money.

the test was done in the US you retard digital foundry are in germany they used a stolen google account and a retarded.

read up how the edge nodes will work. edge nodes will be run by ISPs how fast you ping ya isp is how fast it will be.

You don't get it. Without Zen we would still be at 4 cores, but now it has gone up and is still going up.

Same. I'm hoping the Switch becomes more successful and decimates the mobile gaming industry.

You know, there are actually some redeeming qualities now. It would be really nice if my games would update on Steam in a lower power state, but my computer's gotta be on for updating unlike all three consoles. Controller support on PC advanced thanks to consoles. HDR is more simple on consoles, you don't have to enable "everything is faded out except for HDR content" mode like you do on Windows 10. I'll always prefer PC but not everything is negative about them.
Honestly developer ability and laziness comes into play long before their limited hardware. Nvidia is holding back more than anything by overpricing their hardware.

Attached: 1546635495745.webm (752x398, 1.44M)

Did someone do frame by frame input lag analysis of Google's own demo?

t. google ceo
>edge nodes are magic
>it's just like the servers are being run by the isp
>it's even faster than light

Attached: i am a gamer.png (216x297, 176K)

>you telling me a option that gives you a 1080ti level performance, no modding options whatsoever, no choices in which version you wanna play or no sense of ownership whatsoever that potentially pulls games off its service just like Netflix, has no worthwile exclusives to buy it over a console, is literally always online which people still hate in games and give bad reviews for, and is an absolute terrible idea for anyone with okay internet thats totally sufficient for surfing and gaming
yea i'm telling you that

Stadia multiplatforms on PC would be even more dumbed down than current console games. You would have hardcoded delays in enemy behavior and game design to take into account the streamers lag, which is not present on PC, so you would playing in a retard world wonder why the game is so badly designed.

you literally have to be a marketeer to come up with that post.
calm yourself google

>click click click
>JUMP, FUCKING JUMP
>character jumps after 2 entire seconds
GOOGLE STD

Also, another thing about Stadia is, it's totally aimed at making microtransactions even more cancerous than currently. If you value gaming you would always side with the current consoles over this.

Attached: 1553086671415.jpg (750x980, 471K)

Are you retarded?

1. Nvidia and AMD theoretical floating point performance can't be compared because they're based on different architectures ( e.g V64 has 12.6 tflop and 1080 ti has 11.3 tflop yet 1080 ti is around 30% faster at 4K)

2. Its literally Vega 56 upclocked with all the specs being identical from streaming processors to HBM (source: DF)

Attached: perfrel_3840_2160.png (500x1090, 53K)

Because game-on-stream is the strongest DRM ever assembled, and the first company that gets it to succeed will get rich as fuck due to publishers signing exclusivity deals.

Stadia is actually suppose to work with their YouTube system. This whole streaming and let'splay thing is big, so they want to work on it.

>PS5 to show up with
>games
oh ya blew it

Attached: 1528579272811.jpg (682x682, 64K)

>you would always side with the current consoles over this
Microsoft, Sony and, if rumors are true, even Apple would follow the same way.

Wrong picture.

Attached: 1553082957756.jpg (1080x2340, 733K)

They have a lot more to lose by committing fully to it, which is why it's currently just a side project next to the traditional method.

If you care more about the graphics and framerate than the gameplay, you don't like video games.

Attached: 1552858549870.png (370x420, 228K)

Hope not, that would signal the beginning of the end for the piracy era and consumer power.

I hope you're looking forward to servers being shut down and games being gone forever. Welcome to the future Yea Forums

Sony has had it for ages as Playstation Now, and it fucking sucks.

Attached: 1552610203973.jpg (379x401, 19K)

it would also kill consoles so it won't happen

>care more about the gameplay
>doesn't understand that gamepads limit game implementations already

Well maybe not if you only play fighting games and arcade drivers

Who the fuck designed this shit?
Look at the curves on the look at the D-pad what the fuck.

Attached: Black_dude_with_question_marks.png (793x519, 771K)

Makes me wonder what it would take to pirate stadia games.

Imagine how awful it's going to be when they try to do this wireless over 5G.

no you idiot

ya isp has a fiber link to a google server at most like 1 town away and give priority traffic

most people ping their ISP (which will be the edge node) at like 5ms
from there to where the server is will only be like a extra 10-20ms

its not like onlive at all onlive had shit all funding and only servers in like 3places so most people ran it at 150+ms

of course if you live in the middle of china or Russia or some thing this will be shit and you will still play ps4 and pc.

sony literally cancled the PS5 because of this google will be at E3 and not sony. sony is just going to try to keep selling ps4s while people are doubtful

vsync really does add 70ms and all consoles use it which is more lag than stadia will have for 99% of people. stadia will literally feel better than consoles every one at the event that is saying they could feel lag in doom eternal is larping as obviously the stadia server to the event is like a block away and its a fake display of tech any way.

VPN companies are probably capable of it, but they won't do it for free and won't last long if they do.

it's impossible, all the code is stored server-side so no one would have access except google for exclusives.

wrong

They definitely would.
And now they will push it much harder to not lose their share of the market.

I'd prefer to own the games I play and not rely on an internet connection, thanks. Plus, they'll swap out streaming lisences like Netflix if is even half correct and Apple tries to cash in and compete. Imagine being half way through a game, and then you can't play it anymore because Stadia doesn't stream it anymore, and even if you get it on the other streaming platform, your data doesn't carry over and you have to start again.

Remember what happened with Alan Wake in Steam? Imagine that, but you're not allowed to play it even if you bought it.

Attached: 1552855481653.png (378x371, 210K)

name one game you currently play regularly that doesn't require a internet connection.

of course shitty singleplayer jrpg shit for 3rd world sexually repressed people will stay on ps4 and never go stadia.

But they showed that a controller is a big part of Stadia. Also, controllers work perfectly fine for 90% of genres, and are even better than m+k for others.

Attached: 1552939740131.jpg (600x600, 24K)

>Why does Google insist on invading every market?
Imagine if you are an exec sitting in your office with basically limitless money, but then some employee comes into your office and says that we can make a new product and get EVEN MORE money
Would you say no?

Unless your game is built on online play you can still pirate it if someone decides to shut down your library for being a dissident

No such option exists in a future of cloud gaming exclusives.

Funny that you post a DMC5 pic, a game where having a shitty or unstable framerate would absolutely make the game worse to play.

you realise you can actually prioritize traffic to make ya ping massively lower just random joe blow connecting to a counterstrike server cant do this its called QOS. but google and usmilitary and shit can. because they literally own most of the servers in the world that rout traffic

a place you randomly ping at 150ms google can ping at 50ms with improved QOS that they decide on. that's what earning 30billion a year gets you.

the US military controls its drones in the middle east from America try joining a middle east game server as a American the ping is half a second the US drones do not operate at half a second lag. and its not because of satellite shit its because of QOS.

literally soulless

>name one game you currently play regularly that doesn't require a internet connection.
all of them
>RDR2
>Ace Combat 7
>RE2
>AC:Origins

I'm getting it only because I've always wanted to PC game with my friends and PC gaming has always been expensive.

>Remember what happened with Alan Wake in Steam? Imagine that, but you're not allowed to play it even if you bought it.

Attached: 743347.jpg (889x329, 195K)

>reveal trailer for your new console
>pretentious as fuck comparing videogames to gladiator racing
>then STREAMEEEEEEEERS
>literally 2 minutes of nothing
no wonder it's forgotten

you don't play them regularly they are games you have played recently

you probably regularly play Wow or counterstrike or dota2 or apex or some shit.

>Also, controllers work perfectly fine for 90% of genres
Now imagine this with extra lag and artifacts.

Attached: 1552339819768.webm (720x404, 1.6M)

stadia is literally google giving away 1080ti's for free.

the games are honestly probably going to be cheaper on stadia than steam and ps4. as google will subsidize it for afue years until they are dead.

DId they just rip the Switch Pro controller design and switch the analog placement?

I'll do you better, I'll name ALL the games I'm currently playing that don't require internet:
>Dwarf Fortress
>Baba Is You
>Smash (I mostly play multiplayer locally)
>Valkyria Chronicles
>Disgaea 5
>Octopath Traveler
>E.Y.E.
But your argument doesn't change that I don't fucking own the games and that my ability to play it can be taken away at any moment, not because I broke the terms of service, but because they don't stream it anymore.

Wrong. It's because there's fuck all in the middle east and it can support the construction internet infrastructure to support speeds like that. Dense American towns cannot do that without severely disrupting the town, so it takes much longer done in intervals.

Why would being non-American make it worse?

We got a big Google shill in the thread.

Fuck off shill

Attached: E843D39D-39DE-4CE9-9FD7-8345CDDFAD47.jpg (747x1024, 112K)

That pic is literally the future if it takes off, at least as far as AAA and AA games are concerned.
They're already taking about having Stadia exclusives.

This controller is obviously designed for fat hands.

>runs fine on all the consoles that are supposedly holding it back
Really makes you think.

STOP KILLING GAMES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yahoo is owned Google you retard, not publicly of course

You know Americans aren't the only people that are fat, right?

I have really good internet (for US) so I’ll give it a shot if there’s ever a game that is ever worth purchasing on Stevia instead of a console (which I will always own). It’s likely just going to be getting all the generic multiplat shit that I have little interest in playing. Their focus is clearly the mass streaming market, which isn’t my demo

Attached: B4C92E71-D3F8-4E6B-AC6A-B6B76A9D6F2F.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

I know

Attached: 1491235433707[1].png (765x758, 35K)

lol dumb cunt larping no QOS is a real thing look it up.

long distance is worse for lag than density learnTHEbasics.

You are not playing with PC gamers on the same servers lol. You'll be in your own retard reservation where lag vs. lag goes to war.

Well lucky for you the Internet in America the only place that matter is hot dogshit.
ISP pocket 1/2 billion dollars each year that should go towards improving internet capability and if they actually used that money correct and 1 GBPS would be be considered the shit tier internet
Nope enjoy sucking dick for dial up

Attached: 0BF7A75D-BE04-47A9-82A5-9858A24F7499.jpg (893x1024, 71K)

But I thought onlive had already patented tachyons?

Holy shit. You're actually a paid marketer, aren't you?

Attached: 1551455042259.jpg (320x320, 26K)

If my money is already limitless, do I have any reason to say yes?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_body_mass_index

They are way up there however.

I doubt it.

>google is only a search engine
Holy shit, dude. When are you from, Mr. Time Traveller? 2002? In 2019, Google is just a single subsidiary of a larger company called Alphabet which works in dozens of industries. Google has its hand in quantum computing, military engineering (although, only for China), AI technology including deep learning and neural networks, and consumer electronic goods, especially smartphones and tablets.
They haven't been just "a search engine" in more than a decade. This is the shitty cyberpunk dystopia we built, where everything is owned by people trying to advertise to you on an internet and the global mascot of everything is Mickey Mouse. Holy crap, wait until you find out about Disney...

It'll be in stages

>I can play this game for free/cheap!
>It's just one AAA exclusive, don't worry!
>Haha you plebs can't access all these exclusives?
>They shut down my library for posting on Yea Forums! Any good piracy sites?
>*kills self*

Why don't companies want you to own anything?

Google barely makes money off youtube, for that specifically it's about being the only known website for online videos.

I hope it’s successful enough to motivate google to push fiber everywhere more.

Because they own you.

This + extra lag. Have fun.

Attached: 1552325956771.webm (720x404, 2.65M)

Reminder Sony was the first to adopt this as one of the big mainstream companies. Blame them for any cancer that comes out of this.

>more
I thought they gave up on that concept?

>You think you want to play those games, but you don't
Oh fuck off

Attached: frozen derp.jpg (232x217, 5K)

at least they got joystick placement right

It's much harder to sell you something when you already own stuff that can last you.
Better to milk you with (((subscription))) services.

>if there’s ever a game that is ever worth purchasing on Stevia instead of a console
There won't be. If you buy it on your console, especially physically, you own that game. If you buy it on Stadia, they just permanently rent it to you over the internet. You're a fucking idiot if you buy a game on Stadia, let alone one you could have gotten physically instead.

Which is why they'll use the epic store model of cheap/free games and exclusives in order to draw people in

r6s console webms are the best

Attached: 1526583311386.jpg (589x615, 27K)

But do people really want to own plastic? I'm not an expert on the West, so tell me how DVD sales are going in the age of Netflix? How many people buy albums on CD instead of buying them in whatever-apple-store-is-called?
I also heard that renting video games is huge on consoles.

NOW.... I'M NOT REALLY A GAMER BUT....

>graphics and framerate don't matter
>consoles aren't holding them back
choose one

You doubt it? Well, have fun when me and my buddies show up with minimal lag, mouse and keyboard to kill everyone.

>its lag is only 15-25ms
Devour Dick.

Attached: 1553063529424.webm (800x426, 538K)

Dead on arrival.
>Normies don't know what lag is though
Then they'll think something is wrong with their controller. They'll know it's shit without using the terms we do

I'd rather own plastic than rent streamed data. Besides, tons of people pirate movies and music. You might not have it physically, but it's on your PC and only you have control over it.

You can pirate games and movies if your online item gets denied from you.

But if you no longer have the hardware for it and the code is all server-side, piracy won't be an option and you'll be forced to take corporate dick up your ass.

how can you regularly play 4 games that came out months ago and take half a day to finish.

Streaming games from hardware you own is fine though, I'd be happy with that

Other companies with streaming like Nvidia have already tried this strategy. Most major developers and publishers aren't interested in giving away their games for cheap/free even with licensing deals.

They were working on it for a while. if Stadia is successful and they want the experience to improve and be accessible to more people, it’s in their best interest to improve speeds and connection quality across the country

I can't wait for Sony and Microsoft to air ads about console players vs Stadia players

Attached: skeleton_smirk.jpg (411x346, 24K)

I didn't say they don't matter, just that they're less important than the gameplay.

Google has more money/power than Nvidia though.

The only rightful placement for an analog stick is in the trash can.

You would think that by this point they would have come up with a good mouse replacement, like a trackball or something.

Not every game is a shooter. Imagine playing a platformer with a track ball.

Attached: 1550794949566.png (533x564, 644K)

Unironically gyro controls.

>I'd rather own plastic than rent streamed data
But what about the majority of people? They are paying to Netflix instead of buying a physical copy, aren't they?
>tons of people pirate movies and music
And yet streaming is huge now.
>your online item gets denied from you
What?

It's intentional. How else would they sell you the pro/elite version later on if the original isn't a huge pile of shit? These "companies" are god damn evil to the core.

No, but if Microsoft, Epic and Sony get their own cloud-gaming service then you can expect publishers to start going cloud-exclusive with their titles because of the DRM benefits.

>But what about the majority of people?
See

>What?
The game is no longer available on the cloud / You're banned from the game / You're banned from the service / You left the service because of subscription fees / The service shuts down

A d-pad and two analog sticks is unnecessary. One of the sticks should be replaced with a trackball.

>>your online item gets denied from you
>What?
You do know you don't own the games you buy on Stadia, right? They could just stop streaming you the games you paid for if they wanted.

If Netflix had audio desynced by 2 seconds, it never would have become popular. Gameplay desync is even more important than that

it's not gonna be good even with great internet because the stream will still get compressed and look like shit

I wasn't talking about Stadia but about if people really want to own things. Correct me if I wrong, but don't smartphones in america provided to customers by the cell companies?

In video games collecting those pieces of "plastic" is a popular hobby. But for the general consumer the point isn't really the "plastic" but having some form of tangible ownership over a game that can't just be pried away from you once the company who put it out decides it's no longer commercially viable.

The music and movie streaming industry isn't really comparable to video games. Video game rentals are not that popular, but lets ignore the fact that those other industries have many other avenues for making money off their media that isn't just direct sales. A movie, TV show, album might be pulled from a streaming service but it's trivially easy to find backups and pirated copies of those. Meanwhile there are several games that are practically unplayable thanks to digital or always online DRM. Let's not even go into the fragmentation between music/video streaming services that are starting to spike piracy rates upwards because people don't want to subscribe to 10 different services just to watch all their shows.

Trackballs feel like shit, though. It would actually be worse for shooters if you're only controlling it with your thumb, too. You would flick it left, but it would go diagonal to an extent.

Which is a retarded statement that implies the two are somehow mutually exclusive. Unless you think your favorite video game plays well in wireframe mode running at 2fps

Neither do you really own games that you are buying on Steam.

>Neither do you really own games that you are buying on Steam.
But everyone can access the code, so piracy is an option if your access gets revoked.

Argument invalid, since the thing it's replacing is a mini fucking joystick which is terrible for aiming.

Google trackball FPS, it's much better at the job.

Attached: 1550868019951.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Buying a phone on contract doesn't mean you don't own your phone, it just obligates you to pay off equal to or more than the upfront cost of the phone in monthly payments. Phone contracts like this are much less popular than they used to be.

>I wasn't talking about Stadia but about if people really want to own things
But the thread is about Stadia, so you obviously thought about that within the context of steamed games.

>Correct me if I wrong, but don't smartphones in america provided to customers by the cell companies?
The service, but you buy the phone. Even if they did, it's a physical product. They can't make it disappear if they don't want you to have it anymore.

>In video games collecting those pieces of "plastic" is a popular hobby
And some people collect vinyl or VHS. Yet the majority of people are using digital.

I legitimately cannot remember this things name or design to save my life.
Every single time I stop shitposting about it for a little while and leave Yea Forums the name, logo, and controller leave my mind entirely.

If I can back up my steam game and run it without steam then I effectively own it. Also steamworks DRM is trival to crack, so much so that Valve's own documentation admits game companies shouldn't rely on it to protect their games.

Why would I ever say that? I'm saying the consoles are fine right now, which does not at all imply that. Did you hit your head?

Not for console games. Also people collect vinyl and VHS for nostalgia, collecting modern games is nowhere near comparable.

Okay, thank for the explanation. We don't use such system over here, so I hardly know anything about it.

Did you? If most console games ran as well while looking as good as DMCV you might have had a point.

>But the thread is about Stadia
Some user raised the question about ''owning things and that's what I'm curious about.

>people only cared because it showed off new Doom gameplay

>Neither do you really own games that you are buying on Steam
I have Alan Wake on Steam. A few years ago, Steam stopped selling Alan Wake because of listening issues, but because I bought it and downloaded it, I could still play it. That won't be the same for Stadia. If they lose lisencing, they can't stream it to you anymore.

I might not physically own the games on Steam, but is your argument seriously that I might as well have even less ownership of my games in that case?

Attached: 1544566087839.jpg (500x677, 121K)

Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, unless you think Google is about to buy out Take 2.

>collecting modern games is nowhere near comparable
That's because we are not living in the streaming age yet. People who collected VHS in the 80s and the 90s did it not out of nostalgia.

They make a shitload of money from ads. advertisers can buy rights to certain channels and any money someone on youtube makes google gets 90% of the cut.

Name me one console game that runs at 2fps with wireframe graphics.

>listening
Lisencing*. That's what I get for phoneposting.

It's good thing we're not in the 80's and 90's so your compassion doesn't work.
>we are not living in the streaming age yet
And we never will be as long as telecom infrastructure is the way it is in the US. You might as well be talking about living in the "3D TV" age.

>being deliberately obtuse
Nah we're done here.

>is your argument seriously that I might as well have even less ownership of my games in that case?
My argument is that people(not all people, but majority) do not actually care about things like that. In pre-Steam era you literally owned your games in the physical form, yet people traded that form the comfort of buying games on Steam. Why do you think that they will not agree to have even less "ownership" if streaming would allow them to not deal with hardware and stuff like that?

this, Splatoon 2 works surprisingly better with gyro than just with analogs

How much will a service like this cost? Will it come built in to the price of a game?

I'd much rather have this the off time I want to play a AAA 'cinematic experience' than have to own a gaming PC I'll hardly ever use. Much nicer to be able to have the same experience on my Macbook or whatever.

> stadia games will cost the same as steam/ps5

Dead on arrival. There's fuck all reason for Stadia if you have to buy full dollar per game. Wanna know why? Because everyone already owns hardware good enough to play games.

All demos show the lag is abysmal, fuck off shil.

>so your compassion doesn't work
How so? We clearly can see what happened to other physical forms of entertainment. What makes you think that videogames will escape the same fate?

Because unlike steam for every "comfort" offered by streaming like not dealing with hardware it's plagued by a shitload of problems like latency and access. But I'm sure you're right the majority of people do not care about how their games look and feel to play.

Because I can go to any electronics retailer in the US and they have bluray and even CDs, a lot even have vinyl now

>have the same experience
So naive.

Because again, we don't live in the 80's or 90's. I'm talking about general game collecting and you're replying to me as if we're talking about retro games.
>What makes you think that videogames will escape the same fate?
We already gave you several reasons that you willfully ignored.

>it's plagued by a shitload of problems like latency
The Internet connection is getting faster and faster every year. Yeah, current streaming services might be shit because of that, but what would happen with the technology in 10 years?
>access
What problem with access? Actually, it looks like games might be easier to access because there would be no platform limitations.
You can. But how many people actually do that?

It's the Anya Taylor-Joy of controllers. Upon first glance, it gets your attention, but soon starts to feel like something's not quite right.

>"Oooh, she's cute. Wait, is she mentally disabled?"

Attached: atj.jpg (446x299, 41K)

Stadia confirmed for huge hit. Everyone will buy it and streaming will be the only economically viable form of game in the world. You lost deniers.

>I'm talking about general game collecting
And I'm replying about general movie collection that people used to do. With the spreading of the Internet, it became a niche hobby.
Hell, I have a huge box of CDs with video games that became redundant because of Steam.

>The Internet connection is getting faster and faster every year.
America has far too much sprawl and rural consumers for me to think game streaming will ever take off in a way to make it anything more than a novelty. Publishers won't want to leave millions of sales on the table cause those consumers don't have decent internet

You can't even really claim game streaming makes anything more accessible when it's only viable in urban areas (which have higher cost of living) with an excellent (and therefore usually more costly) internet connection and potentially more expensive networking hardware

Google are invading every market tho
Tv/movies are already chinks Netflix and Amazon's domain but make 1/100th of a moderately successful game series does due to dlc

Dumb fucking moron

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-20-15-18-29-83.png (1920x1080, 711K)

No, you replied with a comparision to collecting movies in retro formats. Implying buying modern games physically on console is a niche hobby like collecting VHS and Vynal shows you're just horribly out of touch. Also what does CDs have to do with steam games? You could have used piracy instead if you wanted to sound the least bit credible.

>America has far too much sprawl and rural consumers
American situation with the internet connection is weird for me and I think that sooner or later it's going to change.
>You can't even really claim game streaming makes anything more accessible
With games no longer being tied to physical devices I think they will be more accessible.

Funny cause I remember reading this argument almost verbatim nearly 10 years ago when Onlive was supposed to be the future of gaming. What ever happened to that?

>Implying buying modern games physically on console is a niche hobby
I'm not a console user, but I can tell that on PC it's kinda is.
>Also what does CDs have to do with steam games?
Steam made games on CDs redundant. Most people I know don't even have a CD-ROM anymore.

>Hey guys, just your friendly American Intelligence start-up now global conglomerate here to announce videogaming with a microphone built into the controller
Guys? Are people this stupid?

Attached: 1547487331009.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

>I think that sooner or later it's going to change.
Don't hold your breath, telecom companies have been paid in the sum of billions to upgrade US infastructure and yet huge parts of the country are stuck with the same speeds that were available in the 90s
>With games no longer being tied to physical devices I think they will be more accessible.
You're just repeating yourself without addressing why it won't be.

I don't know. And I don't know what would happen to Stadia either. But the trend is clear.

>name one game you currently play regularly that doesn't require a internet connection.
Baba is You
Pokémon Black 2
Xenoblade Chronicles X

>Pokémon Black 2
That came out 7 years ago you tard

>only 17th
This is bullshit, we're #1! Fuck those nigger countries anyway.

faggot

PC isn't the entirety of the market and consoles are not niche considering thats where most AAA games make their money.
>Steam made games on CDs redundant.
I don't think you understand what redundancy means. Steam is a lot closer to physical media than it is to streaming no matter how hard you want to push the false equivalency. The core objective difference between steam and physical is just the delivery method, games can and still employ DRM measures even on physical copies.

>the trend is clear.
Didn't Microsoft try this exact thing and failed miserably?
windowscentral.com/inside-crackdown-3s-azure-cloud-powered-destruction

>huge parts of the country are stuck with the same speeds that were available in the 90s
What's going on there? Why can I have cheap and fast Internet access in Siberia, but Americans can't?
>without addressing why it won't be
If you are talking once again about rural people then I can't see why they matter. Them not having good Internet access didn't stop Steam nor Netflix from getting big.

Imagine playing fighting games on this thing

cry more, pussy

Yeah and I'm playing it today. If it was a Stadia exclusive instead of a DS game it'd have long been removed from the library and I couldn't be playing it today, let alone play fan mods of it.

The trend of being told the age of streaming is happening only for game streaming services to fizzle out and either fail or remain incredibly unpopular for obvious reasons?

>Please solve the captcha to play the next round!

streaming is the media equivalent of public transportation. subscription based, no ownership, unexpected delays, built for plebs

>166 ping on a 200 MBps connection
That's like playing on an asian server if you're in the US

Are you retarded? TV and film are MASSIVELY larger industries as compared to gaming, whether you compare that to revenue or net profit. Fuck off, idiot.

America has an I
>If you are talking once again about rural people then I can't see why they matter.
Then you're an idiot. Good luck convincing publishers to exclude entire parts of one of the biggest markets to sell to.
>Them not having good Internet access didn't stop Steam nor Netflix from getting big.
Downloading a video game and streaming non interactive media isn't equatable to game streaming. We've been over this.

>PC isn't the entirety of the market
I just brought PC games market as an example of how digital distribution killed physical copies.
Yeah. But that doesn't mean that they will not try it again.

Everything android has a mic built in

Digital distribution isn't equivalent to streaming and console physical isn't niche.

Google can barely get this "cloud gaming" below 170 ping and that's within the US. This isn't going to work for anything except nintodd1ers and moviegames.

Hahahahaha sure
Music film snd TV are on the decline mate.
So is traditional pc gaming on desktops it's all lapshit phablet console crap now

Attached: images-13.jpg (742x413, 41K)

Except you still need a license to drive a car.

God I can't wait until E3 when Microsoft announces xCloud and we start hearing "Available soon on Playstation Now, xCloud and Stadia" for new releases.

>Good luck convincing publishers to exclude entire parts of one of the biggest markets to sell to.
I don't think that it will happen like that. Most likely games will move to steaming slowly, following the development of infrastructure.

box office that low, this can't be accurate

>So is traditional pc gaming on desktops
Sure, and PC gaming is dying.

>consoles are important for the industry
Consoles are a cancer and the main reason the industry has turned into complete casualized garbage.

>Digital distribution isn't equivalent to streaming
They are parts of the same trend As internet infrastructure develop more and more things go online.

>streaming services literally lags many times throughout the sales pitch
>t-there's no latency, we swear!

ok shill

They've never had to improve the infrastructure or service, so by capping the speeds to the same it was in the 90s, they basically print free money. You're imagining a future that doens't exist.

what's your point?

>PC gaming is dying
No, the gaming industry is dying you tard. Or rather, anything that's not pushed out of a cookie-cutter asshole loaded with microtransaction isn't even considered anymore.

It actually is tho
2012-2018 was a huge decline but 202x and this year is looking up due to falling prices no more supply issues and new players entering the ring

I'd love to call anyone out as a shill but let's be real, it's absolutely impossible to NOT use any kind of Google service these days. If they want something they will make it so.

Attached: 1382874527494.gif (500x281, 685K)

>some one actually bought a retardified ps controller

Digital distribution was wildly and quickly more popular than game streaming. By claiming both are "part of the same trend" you're making a false equivalence between the two.

Tbqh I've gone back to smaller niche games like siege and halo everything else is junk
One upside of gaming in aus is that the community of players is so small you run into the same people all the time even in casual or ranked

>konami code on back of controller
it’s by non-gamers for non-gamers, why act surprised?

>You know Americans aren't the only people that are fat, right?
yep, there's also america's neighbors who's habits are heavily influenced by america

Attached: fat ass countries.png (1593x1555, 1013K)

doesn't mean shit

you can pirate with digital distribution, can't with streaming

Sure seems like they are, considering they're the only ones that buy everything in bulk.

Imagine actually believing this. You people are truly only good for satire.
>No, the gaming industry is dying you tard
lol

>so by capping the speeds to the same it was in the 90s
Wait, what? Are you saying that you have the same speed as in the 90s? This cannot be true.
>You're imagining a future that doens't exist.
I'm judging on my own experience. 15 years ago I couldn't even imagine that I will be able to buy and download 100Gb games without even leaving my chair. But the Internet improved and the game industry followed that improvement.

Google fails in literally every venture other than their search engine. Google glass, google internet provider, google +, google whatever. They try, they fail, they abandon support within a year, and then try again with something new that gets everyone talking for a while but ultimately fails later.

>its just about the muh graphics or muh gamepad
Its about being limited to only a game pad or the amount of processing power consoles can handle. Devs produce games with consoles in mind, therefore holding them back.

Your analogy doesn't work when you think about it for more than two seconds.

This
One thing that could be horrifically annoying but interesting would be interactive ads in games or ad games themselves.
That kinda died out but I see it coming back with this considering it's how Google became stupid rich in the first place.
Totally see freemuim games streaming this shit too
The whole of Asia just woke up to pc gaming idiot how fucking stupid are you? Even Japan has started to give a shit

Google is even worse than Valve when it comes to actually supporting their products long term

How is that important? Do you mean that the majority of people will reject streaming simply because it makes piracy impossible?

Didn't EA, Activision, Bethesda, Ubisfot etc. just lose 40-50% of their market value in half a year?

how so?

>tfw autismo vidya group chat on WhatsApp is going mental
>tfw no one likes Sony anymore not even autismos

Wow. Didn't even know Sony moved to California. You learn something new every day. If hardcore autismos are abandoning Sony then casuals will too without a doubt.

I can see why someone like you who has no idea of the current state of US internet infrastructure would think gaming streaming is the future.
>I'm judging on my own experience
And as we all know those make for the best and most convincing arguments

>The whole of Asia just woke up to pc gaming idiot how fucking stupid are you?
Ask the guy who is stupid enough to unironically claim PC gaming is dying.

>You're going to need 50MB down to even be able to run it

EA regained most of their market value thanks to the Apex bump and Activation reported record profits so I don't know where you're getting your info from.

Hmmmm m?

Attached: FB_IMG_1553101091441.jpg (1080x1216, 30K)

Ever heard of traffic? Tell me why you think game streaming benefits people who play games on dedicated hardware.

That's actually false, they barely regained 10% of what they lost, and they're falling again.

>dips below 60fps
>fine

Read the part where I said 2019-202x was fucking booming you fucked moronic dolt mcstooge dripping anal cunt dilating mouthpusy gaping faggot nigger jew newfag Kike cumbum dildo dankarse micro anime character furry brony pinhead normie tourist from normieside

So 45Mbps? Sounds good enough.

And let's not forget that this image makes it look like Stadia isn't THAT much worse, but only because they picked a game with loads of input lag to begin with. If PC60 was 16-20ms like on *good* games, then Stadia would be 70-74ms. Huge difference, huge problem.

I don't think they will, they already have because it feels like shit to play, is too expensive, and is generally worse than playing games locally more often than not.

Not a philosophical question, but also why you'll never be as rich as them.

>Apex saved EA
>Meanwhile EA hasn't even recovered 20% of the 50% value loss
>That's half the company's value LOST

Attached: 1543567897.jpg (480x360, 21K)

This
There's spikes to well over 100-200ms for no reason either
AVG seems to be 50-90ms at best

Attached: D2DWTNHU0AEgQlB.jpglarge.jpg (2048x1536, 229K)

Again I don't know where you're getting your info from.

Attached: ea.png (962x739, 65K)

>Read the part where I said 2019-202x was fucking booming
>2012-2018 was a huge decline

Ok retard.

They used to take way less of a cut but after dominating the market for years and driving out all their competitors they started taking way more money. Go see a couple years back when everyone was crying bitch tears because their profits all of the sudden plummeted and their YouTuber gig was no longer sustainable.

Google plays the long game because they have infinite money and can operate at a huge loss for years.

>lul hurr durr the market is up
Imagine unironically shilling for EA

Attached: 156575897543.jpg (1569x629, 118K)

cmon, with any public service, you're stuck to their schedule. if the service is down, you're SOL. if you're the owner you're on our own schedule and you choose your own routes

I'm not shilling for EA I'm just staying facts. EA won't die as long as they have sportshit and whales dumping in their mobile games.

>cmon, with any public service
Which game streaming isn't.

>if you're the owner you're on our own schedule and you choose your own routes
Sure if you pretend other cars don't exist

switch pro controller but bad

>its lag is only 15-25ms

Attached: 1529310045980.jpg (229x220, 7K)

I didn't say EA died you dumb cunt, I said they lost half their value and Apex only stemmed the downtrend. Just like Ubishit, and Activision. Now Activision probably HAS died, here's their value.

Attached: 154657897654.jpg (1269x695, 109K)

They say no to that all the time though. Usually when the new product isn't guaranteed to bring in infinite money x2

>that d-pad
>that thumb placement
>FOUR (4!) central buttons
Stadia is such a fucking failure already lmao

>Activision probably HAS died
Sure whatever dipshit.

Attached: acti.png (914x973, 123K)

>it's another "Yea Forums tries to play armchair industry stock analyst" episode

That's adorable.

Attached: 1512559139015.jpg (991x471, 70K)

the most popular pc games are just as handholding casual shit retard

>Bliuzzard dying
>Overwatch dying
>WoW dying
>WoW classic fails
>CoD failed
>Bungie leaving
>lost over 50% of their market value and haven't recovered any yet
Yeah sure, they're doing fiiiiine

Attached: 1552626703500.jpg (600x663, 62K)

>Sony literally cancelled the PS5 because of this

Attached: 1500513770720.jpg (1181x709, 146K)

I'm sure they will work out just as well as Ouya exclusives which were also very popular.

I don't think it will do well purely because I have yet to see anyone actually say anything good about it, including journalists - the BBC actually had an article by a guy who not only call it trash due to latency issues even at the event, but also blasted all of the poisonous business practices that a system like the Stadia would encourage if it did succeed. Unless it's super cheap it's going to have to deal with the enormously strong competition from Sony and Microsoft, and it's difficult to imagine them pulling it off when the most praise to come out of its big wow-everyone-with-flash event is 'it's okay I guess'.

Attached: eagle of displeasure.jpg (720x489, 63K)

in what way is the streaming user experience not like a public service?

>company is making record profits
>they're d-dying!

Attached: 1541726973895.gif (211x177, 57K)

This is "rotational velocidensity" levels of misinformation. I'm almost impressed.

>Company is making record profits
>investors and subsidiaries running for the hills
youtube.com/watch?v=XMxJX7bz0BU

Attached: 1587976543.jpg (800x450, 54K)

>in what way is a privately operated and privately owned service not like a public service
Are you retarded?

the majority won't, and we'll enter a world where publishers and services can fuck you over without consequence

>HIGHER PROFITS = DEAD COMPANY

Attached: 1526044267279.jpg (452x452, 33K)

>what is user experience

I know you're just trolling but it's sad that people actually believe this. Get a life, by the way.

Attached: 15897087654.gif (220x313, 247K)

>user experience determines whether something is private or public
>ignores all other differences
Yeah lets go with retarded.

Says the retard spending his life on a taiwanese basket weaving forum arguing companies are closer to death the more profit they make. Get a fucking grip you pathetic mong.

Attached: 1551427555666.jpg (2500x2500, 417K)

>muh semantics
enjoy your bus ride

And here you are shitposting on Yea Forums. Some life.

I mean you're pretending to be retarded and shill for EA, that's about as bad as being a nigger

Attached: 1407552084685.webm (640x480, 2.85M)

>you must play ape legends, csgo or wow
>how can you play a single player game more than once

Attached: 1471669834126.jpg (638x478, 57K)

>get proven wrong
>hurr thats semantics

Definitely retarded.

seething and copepilled

buy on rumor, sell on news

>say EA games are shit
>HURR UR A SHILL FOR EA PROFITS ARE BAD FOR COMPANIES

The difference is you're not pretending, nigger.

Attached: 913.jpg (500x383, 46K)

Most of googles services like this are massive failures and dropped in less than a year.

Stop posting the edit, coward.

Attached: Obesity-rates-2015.jpg (3308x4252, 1.11M)

all aboard

Attached: stavia_express.jpg (861x463, 115K)

Every single literal bad thing that has ever happened in the history of the universe is blamed on America no matter what
>You will never be able to beat it out of them

>See I'm ironically wasting my time here, that makes me better than you
?????????????????

Attached: 1547049975519.gif (500x280, 2.59M)

here's your ride.

Attached: 1528009619855.jpg (768x479, 131K)

>Both PC and console games have shown steady growth over the past few years. This year, console will generate $34.6 billion and capture 25% of the market. PC gaming will generate $32.9 billion, making it is the smallest gaming segment with a 24% market share.
PC and consoles are almost equal and growing every year, PC gaming is no where close to dying or even declining

How to get it to decline?

>See you're only pretending to be retarded unlike me, that makes me better than you

Attached: 1446355661894.jpg (320x320, 61K)

The lag was 160+ ms at the fucking event you retarded pajeet

user.....

Attached: stavia_user_experience.jpg (1600x900, 604K)

Shitpost on Yea Forums that its dying and it will surely come true.

Japan is based

That hasn't worked

Are you sure?

*on 4channel

what does that prove? anyone in that list above 20 is on the same boat. canada is still there on top along with mexico and the OSA

>Yahoo
Isn't even remotely as powerful as even Disney/Nintendo. Stop being retarded.

I don't understand your moronic grudge against public transportation. Would you rather all those people drive each of their own cars and increase traffic for everyone else driving a car?

If you ever bought a playstation product and are complaining about an "outsider" company "invading" games unironically kys you fucking moron.

Attached: reggie.png (800x450, 186K)

Stop spamming this fucking webm you stupid fucking retard.

Attached: 3E1D667F-CB9F-4E41-B60C-E706BGHJPJHT56DF.jpg (2048x1448, 113K)

Yes but imagine having more

Imagine being so desperate for human interaction you'll admit that you're a fucking loser and then try to argue that you aren't. How long has it been since you've had a shower?

A publicly traded company has the legal obligation to maximize shareholder profits. They can actually be sued by shareholders if they don't

If you ever bought a sega product and are complaining about an "outsider" company "invading" games unironically kys you fucking morons.

Attached: index.jpg (204x247, 11K)

I don't know what you're talking about, Yea Forums is cleary a superb stonk analyst

Attached: 1546220829787.jpg (1008x588, 193K)

>They can actually be sued by shareholders if they don't
Activision's probably getting sued here pretty soon
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-05-law-firm-encouraging-shareholders-to-sue-activision-blizzard-over-bungie-split

If this console takes off it will destroy gaming as we know it.

The majority of the world (even in the west) does not have good enough internet and google wants mass market appeal. So they will force developers to make games easier so the lag won't get you killed.

That's the future if this takes off, no thanks.

Attached: merrily-we-roll-along-d35d18229ff281e0.jpg (2048x1536, 439K)

You are going to over heat your bulb with all the projection. I'm not the unshowered mongrel who is so desperate for human interaction you literally argue something as retarded as increased profits mean a company is dying. But please keep embarrassing yourself.

Your line spacing gave me a headache

That's actually false and I'm sick and tired of seeing this myth perpetuated to justify idiotic business decisions.

>170 ping with 200MB down
>you need a 50 MB down speed for it to even work
95% of the world can't used it.

But in all seriousness we can't let pcs get nuclear codes.

where I live, in the Netherlands, they do at least. idk about other countries. This has been an issue with KLM-Air France
fortadvocaten.nl/hebben-aandeelhouders-altijd-recht-op-winst/
have fun using google translate

>he's still using an overpriced phone for babies

Attached: 1529564479009.webm (640x800, 409K)

Companies having an obligation to maintain shareholder value != having a legal obligation to maximize profits above all else. Shareholders can't successfully sue unless the company is using its investments to sabatoge itself or otherwise defraud shareholders.

Ill call now.

This.

This but ironically.

Look, google is going to win and there is nothing you can do

They will fix the lag problems by launch and have a full library of AAA and AA games

Infinite computing power at their jewgle servers across the world. I will still own a console, but there is literally no reason to own a gaming PC after this. Google won

>mom watches cooking video on youtube
>sister downloads a movie
>dad is watching netflix
>you lagging like a faggot

Be more subtle.

99% of the world can't use it

nintendo switch is shit for faggots

>The infinite power of the cloud! Google won! PC is dead! just accept it goyim!

Attached: Dyy-qGdU0AA0Dut.jpg (680x516, 69K)