How did Sony manage to create such a fucking ugly looking console?

It's almost as bad as the TurboGrafx 16

Attached: PlayStation2.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzMcBb_KZTw
youtube.com/watch?v=MyuvhcvVxD8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcCwDVX_ZtY
youtu.be/dcCwDVX_ZtY
youtube.com/watch?v=QIW4HMl81hw
youtube.com/watch?v=f2mvXaqpUxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who cares

I liked it! I get nostalgic just thinking about that disc tray opening sound.

what the slim is peak electronics aesthetics

All sony consoles are ugly.

never forget that sony was so jew to implement magicgate that it fucks over third party memory cards after a certain amount of time.

Because Sony are a bunch of talentless hacks

It looks cyberpunk.

BWAAAHH
SWOSSSHH
DING
You can't unhear it.

tray loader > top loader

name one video game console that doesn't look ugly or a giant block of turd

all the genius went into the rotating logo

Not as bad as the Dreamcast which sounds like a plane taking off whenever anything graphic intensive happens

I prefer a top loader because it's easier to clean

most issues I had with PS2 was with a dirty lens and had to open up the whole thing

You mean this?
>Skip to 4:36

youtube.com/watch?v=MzMcBb_KZTw

I dunno man. A little wood grain and this could be an Atari system.

I think the PS2, especially the Slim, looks nice. The original Xbox and the fat PS3 look much worse.

good point. also the mechanical parts on the tray will eventually wear out causing the disc to get stuck inside unless you make a swap tool to get it out.

So good.

>shitting on the original
Bad taste but you do you, I guess.

>shitting on Slim
Nope, that thing was peak aesthetics.

Not what he was getting at. Dreamcast had pretty fun startup sounds too, though.

unironically the best looking console sony ever made

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x640, 30K)

This burns to look at, but you're probably right.

Still SEETHING I see

Attached: SONY_ALWAYS_WINS.gif (500x282, 1.83M)

>PS2
>Ugly
It's mad aesthetic you little bitch, it's all the others that look like shit, outside of the PS One I guess.

Stacked on each other they look like something from the Aliens franchise.

based

Attached: sony.jpg (1280x960, 158K)

Attached: mSSg0LY.jpg (956x500, 116K)

best playstation commercial coming right up
youtube.com/watch?v=MyuvhcvVxD8

Slim PS2 is cute
Fat PS2 is ugly though

terrible taste, good looking classic console

You confused your pic with PS3 or PS4.

Another noise I love is the noise at about 0:15
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcCwDVX_ZtY

ps2 was the last good playstation

I would say the PS2 Fat looks very 【aesthetic】when standing vertically for this very reason. Especially the white color variant.

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 35K)

PS4 looks good if it's the original one, PS3 is ugly as shit though.

I like its heavy duty design

Sorry senpai, not digging the eraser sillhouete.

They should unironically bring back this screen back on the PS5 if it has an error.

Attached: 046.jpg (326x326, 11K)

This is why the virgin tendie hates the chad s*nygger

The only ugly is the PS3 Super Slim.

ps2 is cute though

I think the slim PS2 is the greatest design ever. Fat PS3 was pretty good looking, but all of the PS4 models are hideous.

VOOT VOOT, VOOT VOOT

It looked fine for the time. Better than most Nintendo home consoles had been at that point. The GameCube was pretty aesthetically pleasing although looked a bit too much like a children's toy. PS2 by comparison was the "adult" system. Nobody really cared about Xbox.

on the plus side magicgate serves as software protection so once you get custom shit inside a mem card ps2 will treat it as legit as any other official data. softmodding ie fmcb is ridiculously easy on ps2 for that reason.

Attached: 2ac.jpg (593x601, 44K)

>PS2
>2 as in second installment
>Turbografx 16
>8 bit console
At least Sony made a simple name.

youtu.be/dcCwDVX_ZtY
VWOOMP

I'm okay with PS3/4 Slim. Not amazed, but okay with it. The other models, eh. I have a Super Slim myself and It'd be way better looking if it weren't for the ribbed shit in the middle.

I got 2 of these, they are slick

Attached: 5fc0fd69-c092-435c-a61c-3ff1162b005a_1.ac69bd4f4a35476905d4ac42a28b0f90.jpg (450x450, 17K)

Fukken saved.
Happened with both my Gamecube and PS2. Skipped the Xbox.

Attached: 1539400446708.jpg (480x371, 26K)

DELETE THIS

Shiny and chrome!

Yeah, I think the Slim PS3 looks better than the original or Super Slim. PS4 Slim just looks average to me.

It has a 16bit GPU.

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=QIW4HMl81hw

Attached: absolutely smug since 1994.png (866x866, 391K)

Holy shit, they sold more consoles than people Marie Rose killed

Cute and Funny

this is what peak console performance looks like

Attached: ps3.jpg (1426x1080, 153K)

we live in a society

is that a cupholder

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS. WE HAD SONIC ADVENTURE 2. WE HAD PHANTASY STAR ONLINE. WE HAD THIRD STRIKE. WE HAD SHENMUE. WE HAD FUCKING POWERSTONE.

Attached: 1512268503398.png (752x856, 229K)

>whenever anything graphic intensive happens
It's the GD-ROM drive, nothing to do with the graphics. If you replace the the drive with a GDEmu it's practically silent.

Pretty sure they're still on PS2 in the third world.

How did OP's mom manage to create such a fucking ugly faggot?

Attached: into the trash you go.gif (270x404, 1.21M)

They were still selling PS2 games in the states and most of Europe until 2015 or so.

>third worlder butthurt
They're also selling fucking Atari games in the states and europe you fucktarded shitskin. I mean they are still stuck playing PS2 in Argentina or whatever shithole country you're from, and not on PC using an emulator.

I bought a Dreamcast and an old Xbox but I just can't be assed to crack them open.Not like I have anything to do but drink beer and eat beef jerky, but I just don't wanna fuck with them.

emulator isnt an upgrade

user they were still porting shovelware like fifa to the PS2 until 2015 just like they still port shovelware like just dance to the Wii.

>user they were still porting shovelware like fifa to the PS2 until 2015 just like they still port shovelware like just dance to the Wii.
Can you not read?
>Pretty sure they're still on PS2 in the third world.
The joke is that in the year of our LORD 2019 they are still on PS2. I don't give a rat's ass about 2015, you ESL fruitcake.

>Can you not read?
You're saying nobody but third worlders bought PS2 games in that time period when that's a lie. PS2 games were still carried by major retailers like Gamestop and Walmart. If you don't remember that then you never left the house.

Here is what I am saying you ESL mongoloid:
>Pretty sure they're still on PS2 in the third world.
I said nothing about time periods or anything, I am saying that you and your buddies down in Ecuador or wherever are still playing PS2 and have nothing else to play because you can't afford it until you rob a few more tourists.

PS$ Pro is stylish as fuck

PS4*

>Implying Japanese Sony's PS1 and PS2 are something California Sony cares about

Pro sucks compared to standard
It looks like a s'more

All consoles are ugly

PS2 has aged like a cool old chunky hi-fi system, this piece of shit on the other hand

Attached: Original-Xbox-920x561.jpg (920x561, 38K)

they made great handhelds though.
youtube.com/watch?v=f2mvXaqpUxY

Attached: vita.gif (500x500, 571K)

The PS3 and the Xbox are probably the 2 ugliest consoles ever.

Attached: 1535829813920.jpg (538x491, 22K)

What's the scale on this picture?

The original PS2 looks weirdly bulky but fits the aesthetic of the time period.
PS2 slim is kino and has a timeless design that will never be ugly.

MOM SOMETHING WRONG
MOOOMMMM

Attached: 1546148399670.jpg (500x364, 27K)

>The Dreamcast has a great name and a dreamy aesthetic in its UI with light colors.
>The Gamecube & Xbox are both commited to their respective X/Cube themes in their UI & also have colors of their own that make them distinguishable.
>The Playstation 2 is just a follow up name to the Playstation that just means what it is, and conveys nothing through its UI

I guarantee most of those were for the DVD playing capabilities.

because see they made a timeless media center design instead of an embarrassing video game console like so that the DVD player consumers wouldnt have to be ashamed of an eyesore in their livingroom.

What? I've been using the same Madcatz card since I was 14, I remember I got it with the system for my birthday. Im 31 now.

Simple. Sony didn't bother because they knew they could get away with it, since retards would eat this ship up anyway cuz MUH PS DOUBLE.

Attached: 1529862732923.jpg (1000x2563, 246K)

It's the betrayal of expectations I think that made it so scary. You power on and woosh into Playstation land like always but you end up in hell while this creepy woohoo plays.