If we don't compare Dark souls 2 to any of the other Souls games, is it a good game?

If we don't compare Dark souls 2 to any of the other Souls games, is it a good game?

Attached: 125788732.jpg (220x317, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/ahwshw/dark_souls_3_original_plot/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Even if you compare to the other souls titles is still the best souls game.

It's decent enough on its own, but I would play other games over it.

>soul memory

Attached: 1547279877743.png (400x500, 183K)

it's good game just not a good souls game

>pvp fag

It's a good game even when compared to the others. It's sorta like the opposite of DaS3, it has a lot of neat concepts, mechanics, level design etc, but it's really rough in execution. Whereas DaS3 is about as ambitious as a boiled potato, but polished to look like gold.

I can give you the others but
>level design
lol

I love Dark Souls 2 with all my heart but you're objectively wrong when saying the level design was good. Unless you mean the aesthetics of the different areas.

Yes, the actual design of the levels is pretty good. As in, the secrets, the layout, where enemies are, etc. Don't be one of those shitters who whines about 'ambushes'.
They look like ass and there's logical inconsistency, which is what I meant by rough. But I'd rather that than 3's "walk in a straight line for 5 minutes to the next bonfire" approach.

I enjoyed all 3 DS games. The only things I hated about II were Soul Memory and Adaptability as a stat.

I jumped on the bandwagon with the PTD edition because muh peecee and I still think Dark Souls 2 is the best. Narrowly but still superior.

bosses in ds3 were the best though. 2 had lots of shit bosses where as most bosses in 3 were fun

Dark Souls 1: Best atmosphere, level design
Dark Souls 2: Best ___
Dark Souls 3: Best bosses, music

>Unless you mean the aesthetics of the different areas
And even then, only a few. Some of the “prettiest” like Dragon Aerie and Heide’s are pretty short, too

basically this

Character customization, Weapon + Armor variety, magic
Also 3's bosses were lame. "I'm a big dude that goes berserk halfway through the fight" describes EVERY BOSS, its boring as hell. 1 wins there if you're just describing the 3

If they hadn't have fucked up the basic movement and animations it'd probably be really good. All they had to do was not deviate from what they did in Demon's and Dark Souls 1. It could have at least been better than 3 if they had done that.

Imo DS2 had the best character customization like fashion souls and gameplay mechanics like dual wielding and the magic system.
Magic was more powerful in DS1 but most magic builds were pursuers, dark bead, high level sorcery, TWOP or WOTG. In DS2 you could viably get away with using most spells (except offensive miracles)

As someone who loves Dark Souls 1, it had really bad bosses compared to Dark Souls 3.
>"I'm a big dude that goes berserk halfway through the fight" describes EVERY BOSS
Oh no, a boss that actually changes halfway through in order to keep the fight fresh! How boring!

Dark Souls 2 isn't even worth considering in the bosses regard.

Attached: 432643477856564.jpg (1000x1000, 310K)

Forgot to mention that even though it had great mechanics the PvE is still really janky

the most memorable part about ds2 is the soundtrack nothing else desu

No. If it weren't riding on the coattails of better games, it would objectively be seen as an incompetently developed game with poor animations, lackluster story and writing, uninspired level design, and graphics far below what was expected at the time. It looks like a chinese knockoff of a souls game. As funny as the little "2 IS BEST" bandwagon is, people really need to stop being taken in by the opinions of a few spergs and youtubers.

this desu

Attached: 1537763340666.png (300x266, 68K)

Naisu

pvp fag here.
dark souls 2 is best.

Attached: 1543872553075.gif (311x362, 1.99M)

Scholar of the first sin is the best souls game, there is no debate. If you think otherwise you are an autistic brainlet.

Redpills too strong for 2babs. It was considered awful after release, but then it was made apparent that it was a lot of people's first souls game(as it was advertised for reddit normies) and the blind adoration began. Then recently all those soulstubers started jerking 2 and dissing 3 in unison, and the children followed. Really pathetic.

DaS2 is bad action game but good RPG game
DaS3 is good action game but bad RPG game

>It was considered awful after release, but then it was made apparent that it was a lot of people's first souls game(as it was advertised for reddit normies) and the blind adoration began.
Actually people sperged out because "muh lighting different" from the pre-release trailers. They then proceeded to autistically shit all over the best souls game because of "lighting". That is all.

It's actually only good if you compare it to the others. If you compare it to a real, non-Souls game, it'll look like shit in comparison.

SOTFS was a good game with a kind of disappointing world design if you forget that it's dark souls 2

>with a kind of disappointing world design
Opinions like this are why we got the shitty rehash that is DS3.

Being the worst Souls game still means that it's still a pretty good game.

It's good compared to SotFS

No.

No. This game is one of the worst in metroidvania/souls-like genre, even Shadow Towers better, even King's Field 2 and 4.

>ds3
>best anything
Yikes

>DS3 was as ambitious as a boiled potato
It didn’t start out like that. The game was gonna have a day and night system, underwater bosses, dragon mothers, occult bonfire rituals and all sorts of cool stuff. But they chose to scrap all of that to meet the 2016 deadline. Too many missed opportunities. Shit makes me sad...

DS2 is the Halo 3 of Souls games.

Dark Souls 1: Best ___
Dark Souls 2: Best ___
Dark Souls 3: Best NPCs
Bloodborne: Best bosses, music, atmosphere, gameplay, level design

REMINDER
>inb4 hurr durr reddit sekret club xD
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/ahwshw/dark_souls_3_original_plot/

Attached: doan-xuan-minh-bearer-of-the-curse.jpg (1920x2457, 527K)

>the ‘downgrade’
>shallow NPCs
>all them shovelware bosses
>uninspired lore
>community’s first encounter with SM and ADP
>those poor fucks who bought it for PS3 and 360
DS2’s launch was a nightmare

Attached: 8C712BF1-F7A8-4BED-9F37-B3BE59A3DD95.jpg (357x360, 36K)

Listen up you morons, it's a best pvp souls game, dual wield power stances and other stuff is a lot of fun, but myasaki fuck it all up, made a casual bornesouls for normie with even shittier level design! Can you imagine? But so much normie faggs played only third because of pretty graphics and PR that souls died. And yeah fucking healfest since bloodborne. Fuck those casual shit games.

Was SotFS an improvement or did it make things worse?

Fucking hell, every dark souls game after 1 (and even then after Anor Londo) was a mistake

>expect dark souls “TWO” world progression
>it’s actually DeS progression in disguise
I’m really hoping Sekiro delivers in this regard

it was better than Nioh

Dark Souls 2 was my favorite souls game. DS3 is a polished turd and DS1 was mediocre and only had the atmosphere going for it. DS2 was a perfect balance, with the best gameplay and PvP in the series.

I think it’s a lot easier. You used to have to wait until Iron Keep to get the dull ember and now you can grab it after the fucking Persuer. Mob changes mostly feel just “different” although why the fuck they thought to include MORE falconers astounds me.

There really should be an option for vanilla monster + item placement.

*teleports u into grab range*
psssh... nothin personnel, kid.
*oneshots u*

Doors of Pharros while being in the Rat Covenant is the best designed concept level in the series.

Attached: 1551277700221.png (423x695, 447K)

This game is weird, its like either everyones favorite or least favorite souls.

um no sweetie

I didn't like it but that's probably because I tried playing the entire series back-to-back

Rat Covenant is the best covenant in the series in general. DS3 covenants were a fucking joke.

without pvp DS2 would be even worse

pvp is the only redeeming factor of DS2

It's way worse

Not really, no

no

DS2 wouldn't be seen as that bad if it came out right after DS1, one of the best games of all time

DS3 came out after BB which is also one of the best games of all time, but for some reason doesn't get shit on as much as 2

I really liked the dual wield/power stance thing, it was really neat.

Yes

Attached: 3a1715b0aa691d6d81d8942298492baa.jpg (563x867, 60K)

DS3 has a much less embarassing initial playthrough.

Why does this ds2 give me so much upgrade material? At the end of the game I had like 9 slabs. It also just shit souls out from everything. My average Slvl at the end of ds1 is around 110-120. Ds2 I’m pushing Slvl 200 before I’ve even done the dlcs. What is the point of making a unique build it by the end of the game I’m able to wield all the best armor and weapons, while also being good at miracles, pyromancy, hexs, and sorcery?

Probably because DS3 doesn’t have 5 or so bosses that just just enemy mobs with a boss health bar.

It's a good souls game and much better than Demon's and even DS1 in many respects.

Bloodborne is shit. I say this as someone who's played all the Dark Souls games.

>removing powerstancing
>not a single trick weapon
Why are so many weapons in DaS3 uninteresting? Weapon arts were such a wasted opportunity on 90% of them

I know right?!? They didn’t even have guns in DS3, what where they thinking!

they put in daggers that gave you the BB sidestep so they knew people enjoyed the mechanic, and they added weapons that have different attacks when dual-wielding so that was a thought to, I didn’t mention guns but trick weapons could easily fit into the DaS3 universe and the weapons in BB are simply the most fun

black

Its DLCs are better than all other ds games

Attached: hehnothinpersonnel.png (262x490, 303K)

Yes, but also the first half of it is just offensively ugly.

Best gameplay

>Dark Souls 2: Quantity has a quality all its own

And the dlcs have some of the best boss fights in the series. lud and zallen

Bitch, it's better than any other souls game.

With its shit hit boxes, retardedly jank offline backstabs, plunging attacks that only work when they feel like it, a broken parry system that requires a blood ritual and the stars to align to make it work, massive enemy spam that makes every fight a test in herding enemy’s in to choke points, ADP, and life gems ruining the games balance for exploration I can’t see how anyone could argue that it has the “best game play”.

It’s the worst by far, you must have brain damage. Seek immediate medical help.