No need to buy a console/gaming PC

>No need to buy a console/gaming PC
>No need to buy games
>Still able to play all the AAA shit for a small subscription on any device

Normalfags and poorfags will eat it up. They don't care about a small input delay, 60 million people play Fortnite on mobile every day.

Attached: stadia.0.jpg (1200x800, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-08-nintendo-plans-to-boost-switch-online-after-surge-in-short-subscription-plans
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sorry famalam i dont play triple A trash

If they are "eating it up", why does the reveal video only have 1.2 million views on YT? Switch had over 20 million day one.

Nothing is free and a processing center is a lot more expensive than the usual internet service, this will at the very least require a monthly fee and be crammed with ads.

>no gameplay
>diversity pandering only

It's designed for californians.

The press event was definitely for California Google executives who nod and say "yeah, let's thrown money down here and continue this path, they look serious". Everyone else on planet Earth is

"Why is game ownership a bad thing, why is Google DRM good?"
"Why don't they have a game console? Where are their 1st party games?"

So wait I’m confused

I can play any game on my shitty laptop? How is that possible

No, just what's on the streaming service with a ridiculous input latency and they didn't announce anything other than asscreed and doom, and they will be able to remove any game for any reason so say goodbye to any kind of archiving, imagine if PC could only play the latest 4 years of games.

so I could play Doom on my shitty laptop? How is that possible? Trying to understand this technology

>They don't care about a small input delay

Then why did OnLive fail? Why did PS Now fail? I think "casuals not caring about input lag" is a total fallacy. If they play a game and die because the game itself was too slow to keep up, even ultra casuals know that's some bullshit.

Because all your laptop has to do is process the video feed. All the computing is handled by Google's datacenters, which have hundreds of powerful GPUs they can use to play games, or hook together to scale processing power, and then all that data is sent via the internet to your computer as a video feed

It's streaming from a data centre. Read the dudes reply nigger.

You send your mouse/keyboard/gamepad input to google.
Google plays the game with your inputs.
You get back a movie of the game.

Huh. Interesting concept but I don’t see it working out well.

Consoles on TVs have about 200ms of latency and even at the best situation possible with a PC monitor they still have more latency than a PC with vsync on so norms really don't care.

>Consoles on TVs have about 200ms of latency

And in real world conditions, this will have more for most people. I tried OnLive when it came out, and it legit made me motion sick with the horrible lag. The only time video games have ever made me sick. The lag was almost half a second or something absurd like that. Unless you're near the data centre, or you have absolutely excellent internet, it just ain't going to happen.

Well, they already tested this last year with project stream, and that seemed to get positive reception. I'm similarly skeptical, but I suppose this is just the sort of thing you have to try for yourself, both in the seeing is believing sort of way, and actually figuring out if your internet set-up is feasible. Though I do think Google is probably the ones most likely to succeed in this kind of endeavor, given how much money they've invested into having the best internet infrastructure for their shit

>norms really don't care
They also don't really care about video games, so expect it to do about as well as Onlive and PSNow. Maybe slightly better because there is a big name behind it, but Google isn't above failure, and I don't imagine they've harnessed the power of tachyons yet.

>small input delay
It’s a big input delay. And you know why there is one at all? Let me break it down for you, brainlet.
>Streamed movie is cheap and ez because all the movie’s frames are known, and simply broadcasted over connection
>in a game, the next frame is usually unknown, since you can move anywhere or do any action.
>When the connection is wired, and local, there’s less time calculating that next frame
>When THE CONTROLLER ITSELF needs a wifi to work, it is a huge amount of delay because it’s taking that much time to calculate the next frame and movement.
Not to mention the cost. They left out the price. Here’s my theory as to why.
>The sub fee will be minimal...
>...at first
>They promise 4K 180FPS over stream
>SureJan.webm
>Again, streaming video at 4K is easy because of known frames.
>Streaming a game at 4K is nigh impossible right now because the file size will be incredible. You’ll be using 20GB of data PER HOUR at the VERY LEAST.
>And thus, it won’t be a flat sub rate like Netflix, but rather one that shifts based on how much you play.
>And it will be EXPENSIVE.
There. That’s why it’s crap. No shit talking necessary, but I can still talk some. Leave this board google shills. And take your faggy captcha with you.

They left out the price because it was at GDC and clearly a conference aimed at getting developers on board. They already said they were going to be talking about the price and games later on in the summer. Also, the controller having a wireless connection could in theory be faster since it leapfrogs over having to be processed by the device first and sending the inputs straight to the data center. Besides that, they already said that you could use basically any USB input method under the sun instead of their own controller, so if it is shit you can just use a better alternative you already own

It's not going to be cheaper than 100 dollar GPU +use normal pc for rest + pirate everything, which is what all the shithole countries use

Attached: Dyqf8wUWsAA_uXb.jpg (800x800, 88K)

The Google STD will never beat consoles or PCs because you own the game. Most of the world doesn't have good enough internet to stream games.

You pay Google a rental subscription so your web browser can send input data to Google's data centers that play a game for you. Think of it as a really long WiFi controller.

But you need to be online at all times for it. You need to pay a rental fee for it. You will never ever own anything and it will disappear once the Google data center catalog is updated like Netflix/Hulu remove old TV shows/movies.

Google Stadia DRM streaming!

How is this different from the xbone or PS4? Vast majority of popular games are multiplayer and you can't play your games on either without paying monthly

>imagine if PC could only play the latest 4 years of games.
dont you ever put such vile thoughts in my head again

Attached: 1541270292039.jpg (159x153, 7K)

Multiplayer player games aren't the backbone of the PS4, Switch, and Xbox One. You're basically making the argument that consumers want an online only rental DRM service and the market rejected the Xbox One soundly for this in 2013.

Why don't you and your California PR stooges fuck off already out of the gamine industry? The hardcore aren't paying your rental DRM Google Stadia service and the casuals are going to stick to their phones.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-08-nintendo-plans-to-boost-switch-online-after-surge-in-short-subscription-plans

Furthermore on the Nintendo Switch, online subscriptions aren't where Nintendo corporate would like to see them. So people are holding out on the rental meme for online in gaming.

How are people this fucking dumb

Absolutely delusional

Best selling games have been multiplayer every single year (cod, FIFA, GTA and pubg). The backbone of the PS4 is FIFA and xbone if fn, pubg and cod like it or not

Only one which can even come close in relevance to fn, apex, pubg, cod, fifa, GTA is maybe rdr2 and frankly that's pushing it

Agree with Nintendo, but the PS4 and xbone are overwhelmingly used to play multiplayer games

I'm still intrigued at the idea of first-party Google-developed games, which I can only imagine are going to be like "diversity" Itch.io games with a larger budget.

Attached: 1543295910606.jpg (1015x759, 200K)