Planetside 2 would have been a much better (and more successful) game if the only vehicles availables were sunderers...

Planetside 2 would have been a much better (and more successful) game if the only vehicles availables were sunderers and galaxies, this is a fact and you cannot deny it.

Attached: 1460169927932.jpg (721x711, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hbO5LB6MCSA
youtube.com/watch?v=c-JL332-YUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Agreed, also remove chinks from Hong Connery and the game entirely.

should have tooken notes from another massive pvp game where the objectives arent just stupid fucking platforms 60% of the time
check point battles are better than capturing the strong hold

Attached: MAG.jpg (1920x738, 702K)

>nerfing NC MAXes 6 years later
What did they mean by this?
Either you nerf something that has been UNIVERSALLY denounced as OP by the entire playerbase soon enough or you don't, but what's the point after all these years?
Are they acknowledging they've been gigantic fucking faggots all along?

Attached: 1539474214351.png (301x390, 171K)

Cool story bro

Attached: topmaneuver.jpg (842x862, 144K)

Of all the overpowered things in the game, your biggest issue was with fucking scatmaxes?

Imagine having not been a skyknight

Attached: rotary.png (243x825, 45K)

That's not the point, I'm asking why so late? They may have as well left the scatmaxes as they were until the game dies soon

Hey guys

Attached: 1544755651282.jpg (1773x2048, 588K)

How could they have made PS2's war effort feel meaningful?

Attached: Basedservers.png (713x314, 443K)

I don't speak to V*nu scum

Hajimemashite

Attached: 1368833009723.jpg (720x540, 98K)

>Last I heard /ourguy/ higby was going to work on The Division 2
>The Division 2 allegedly is out according to commercials on TV at work
>Other than those ads ive heard literally nothing about it
rip higbs game

honk

Attached: 1524912079866.jpg (732x633, 362K)

I'd probably agree with you about Vanu, but two-shotting MAX suits with the Lancer is so satisfying. Auraxiumed the shit out of that thing.

Attached: 1502002846930.jpg (462x644, 20K)

You can't. The original game also suffered from a lack of meaningful reason to play the game which is why it was never a success on the level of any of SOE's other MMOs. This is because there's simply no way to have failure be appropriately punishing in a fast-paced online 3D shooting game.

Planetside 2 would have been a much better game if it was Planetside 1 with updated graphics.

Guys I don't have the PTS enabled, are the new carbines good?

Attached: 1459673248481.jpg (1000x900, 295K)

>that faggot wrel nerfed my horn
I swear to god there was not a single positive change to the game made since SOE got bought out, and them hiring that literal shitter only made the decline go even faster.

If this and Dust 514 would have been on the PC instead of PS3 they'd both probably be alive.

I want the BR trend to die so we can have proper MMOFPS games again.

Attached: planetside_2_no_background.png (1344x524, 28K)

>proper MMOFPS games again
they're shit
the zerg mindset means no mmofps will ever be good

wtf I love NC now

Attached: 1393328972966.png (807x1000, 1.11M)

>abooboo nerf NC max
>meanwhile blueshift maxes are out of control
>meanwhile mercy maxes are out of control

Attached: 1459648659885.jpg (289x207, 27K)

Attached: 1407220754676.png (1024x1024, 442K)

Are Liberators still 1000% unkillable?

No, it's great the way it is with the various planes/tanks.

It's you who is bad at the game and can't take down a Mosquito wit 2 shots of Lacer

MAXes should honestly just be removed from the game at this point. There's no way to balance them; the only current viable way to use them is as medium range fire support (which is why blueshifts and mercies are so good) but even if you halved their DPS and gave them twenty times the EHP against both bullets and explosives you'd still have degenerate mechanics like MAX crashing biolabs. It's yet another mechanic that doesn't work because you can't have meaningful decisions like "do I choose to be a tank or do I choose to be a healer?" in this game.

It would have been better if it was actually playable back when it first launched
14,000 people tried the game at launch and about 10,000 quit because the game ran like shit and only a select few could get decent framerate
A downward spiral of low pop causing more people to quit has just slowly killed this gem of a game. It sucks.

Attached: 1510148681819.png (1454x976, 81K)

Just ESF from far away?

Yeah but now so are ESFs

>muh unkillable esf
What is this, 2012?

Attached: 1458344876213.png (750x750, 257K)

Yeah, they got buffed because werl couldn't handle his scythe getting btfo
Combined Arms Initiative was a shitshow

I can never understand why companies never seem to double down on the games that actually have potential to bring in profits, but will happily do so for short-term investment game.
>only MMOFPS in existence with loyal fanbase and control over a unique market segment
>owned by a company that only has a few MMOs to its name and can't easily switch to another revenue stream
>players are leaving because of frustration about bad performance and lack of logistics
>can easily fix it
>NOPE, let's deny ourselves this market with 25% of our overall revenue and fire all the devs
>gg game failed, time for skeleton crew maintenance
Meanwhile
>EA puts out lootbox trash like BF2, Bethesda puts out trash like FO76
>massive scandals, countries are literally passing laws to ban that shit
>both games are FOTM cowadutty shit for 12 year olds that always die within 2-3 months of launch and have 0 long-term revenue potential
>are only a tiny part of each respective company's earnings
>OH SHIT BETTER DOUBLE DOWN AND INVEST GORILLIONS INTO THIS TRAINWRECK SO WE CAN GET ANOTHER COUPLE HUNDRED THOUSAND OUT OF THE GAME BEFORE EVERYONE FORGETS IT EVER EXISTED
It's like everyone at these companies is actively suicidal and mentally retarded.

>the zerg mindset
what's that?

Players tend to group together at battles they're already winning, meaning that you have just a couple huge, unstoppable blobs of players that move around the map and rarely collide with one another.

ESFs are peak performance especially for a solo player
There is nothing I would rather be in
>Yeah, they got buffed
lol what, that's crazy

>more than 50k kills on 6 halberds across 3 characters
>still no new fucking vehicle guns

Will the game die before it happens?

youtu.be/hbO5LB6MCSA

Show the vid of Wrel getting killed by double dalton shots while in a scythe.

I thought chinks moved to SolTech.

youtube.com/watch?v=c-JL332-YUQ

You mean what already happened with CAI?

Did they? It's been a few years, I'd just given the game up for lost; like 90% of the server was just various warring asian tribes

They opened a new server recently in Japan for chinks and koreans. I don't know how well it went since I haven't played in two years, I just follow the news since I wanna try jumping back in on Dx11 release.

I think this right here is the biggest reason why the game failed, the inaccessibility of the game and its demanding system requirements. Not only is a graphics card not enough, you need a high quality CPU and top internet for it to run well.

>tfw started on SolTech back in 2012
>my home server was meged to Mattherson and then Emerald
>now it's back as chink containment
They sullied the memory of my server. Feels bad man.

no, tanks and planes where neccesary. the major problem was the render distance. Vehicles render from 100 miles away but soldiers only render 40meters. the map was all-in-all too big. I think if there was a game with a fortnite sized map with PS2 style gameplay it would be 10/10.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 5K)

PS Arena comes out this summer.

no. I dont want an arena game. I just think that 3x3 miles is too big.

That part you said about MMOFPS really stings. This game started off with tanks, aircraft, and infantry all working together and occupying the same playing board. Now, infantry is literally walled off from vehicle game play most of the time, and aircraft aren’t as threatening to vehicles and infantry as much as they once were.

They placed too much focus on the infantry, and in return they created an inferior experience where infantry stalemates are never broken and everyone is too worried about their KDR to be good cannon fodder.

>tfw the finished version of this was lost in a hard drive crash years ago before I could submit it for an ingame decal

Read what PS Arena is. I wish it was arena shooter with PS mechanics. But it is not.

It's not, there will be 250vs250 players on a big map, pretty much what you want

Attached: 1405705250670.jpg (901x749, 134K)

>muhhh infantry ruined the vehicle game
I could have empathized with your point of view if 90% of vehicles main didn't outfit themselves with purely infantry-farming gear to camp spawn points

Attached: 1544729728391.png (550x527, 203K)

There's a new side gun for all ESF in the PTS.

>losing attacking SVER base, only a few minutes to get the last few % to win
>use OIC privileges to ask the other 96 players to flood my side
>hear nothing back
>suddenly a huge rush of friendly APCs
>tfw i focused a zerg enough to pull that victory out of my ass

God, I miss MAG.

Attached: 1320555250761.jpg (693x459, 63K)

Lattice was the beginning of the end. Whoever can wrangle the most tards onto a continent wins. I think we got it just for NC.

>I think we got it just for NC
Yet NCs are always losing every alert on every server
Really makes me think

Attached: 1539473314841.jpg (231x219, 15K)

Better nerf their MAXes.

S E E T H I N G

Attached: 1544780516546.jpg (8000x5000, 1.08M)