What went so right?

What went so right?

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles 2.jpg (497x806, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G-s3ul_N0j0
youtube.com/watch?v=D35JxmC3Gkc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nothing, it sucks

Anime tiddies and better combat

Waifus, tiddies, incels pandering...

Pretty fun combat, reasonable story and characters, and cute girls.

Attached: c53cc65e2ee687630a6936ee4c9fc3b8.jpg (1447x2047, 2.51M)

MINGEY

making up for a boring plot premise and some stupid lookin characters with a solid battle system, good lategame chapters, a billion hours of content, and DLC that somehow didn't suck.

Attached: 1552698135230.jpg (543x1162, 150K)

Everything.

Have sex

>Ask artist why there is not core crystal.
>"Core crystal?"
>I accidentally spoilered someone.
Shit.

Attached: IMG_20190319_190846.jpg (2048x1508, 298K)

cope

>Combat is pretty fun once you finally wrap your head around it
>Great environment design, exploring feels good even if you don't end up finding anything worth a shit because of how cool everything looks (not even the shitty skill gates can bring it down)
>Good worldbuilding
>Characters are entertaining and likeable for the most part
>11/10 GOAT soundtrack
>I suppose there are also waifus
It's an unpolished diamond.

Attached: edgy.png (787x527, 774K)

Nah they're not knowing is just proof that it's a fake fan trying to ride off the game's popularity

Witch XC has the better combat?

2 has the best hands down.
Anyone who disagrees is an absolute brainlet.

While this is objectively true, it's still not saying much. Elemental combos and weaknesses are the equivalent of Pokemon, and the combat in general is still MMO tier once you assemble a full party. I really hope XC3 manages to blow us away, but I'm not prepared for much change unless mechs or some other new feature are introduced. What I'm really looking forward too is the Fantasy title since it's apparently an Action RPG like KH for example.

Attached: image.jpg (300x300, 12K)

I'll tell ya what went right, mods deleted a waifu thread the other night, shit was so cash.

You mean most people that talk about the game online and claim it's good?

This game unironically has soul despite being a pander filled mess with plenty of bad features. It's weird. I still dislike how Takahashi made a worse version of Gears, but whatever.

She drew Pneuma. She's aware of the existence of someone who the fandom is so hush hush over, they unironically call her "Coffee with Milk." A dumb as fuck nickname I'll never take seriously. She must've seen Nia with the longer hair and just never noticed her core crystal.

Attached: D1uLRVnXQAE_8BG.jpg (2048x2025, 357K)

X was still better

Waifu threads are ironically the only reason why we've managed to have so many Xeno threads after Torna outside of blatant shitposting or false flagging threads sadly. We really don't need any until we get some sort of new announcement from Monolith. It feels like we've really reached the point of no return in regards to thread quality. It's basically forever tarnished.

Attached: image.gif (426x326, 2.31M)

No.

This is a cute Pneuma.
>Coffee with Milk
People actually call her this? I've only seen people refer to her as "Mint" or "Awakened Form" really. I'm glad more Pneuma art has been getting posted though after the artbook dropped, but her segment in the art book was meh.

It was a shitposting falseflagging thread created by the shitposter himself.

What would you call someone who genuinely likes the game for it's themes, combat, setting, exploration, characters, and plot, but doesn't really care about the waifu posts but tolerates them all the same?

Is another "seven" situation, a retarded nickname to avoid spoilers.

A reasonable human being?

Left or Right and Choose your flavor threads are too autistic to be falseflags, stop trying to make it look like your precious fanbase did no wrong.

I didn't play it.

youtube.com/watch?v=G-s3ul_N0j0

And then there's people like you who really have no business here but feel the need to monitor a fanbase he hates but decides to sit in and spark shit all the same. Go ahead and leave.

You sound a bit obsessed.

everything
youtube.com/watch?v=D35JxmC3Gkc

Mor Ardain day theme is so lit

Yes they do. The fandom took a throw away line Rex said to compare Pyra & Mythra as Pneuma, and forced that line as a stupid nickname down everyone throats. They'll throw a fit if you talk about Pneuma, Blade Nia, and even Robo Fiora without using their stupid spoiler nicknames. We must protect the eyes of everyone who have never played Xenoblade. You know why? Because people are born into the world everyday, and those people have never played Xenoblade, therefore, the Xenoblade spoilers must remain spoiler'd indefinitely. It's something these people actually believe in.

Nothing.

/thread

Attached: 1541522235.jpg (974x691, 506K)

FPBP

Fuck off Ryan.

BASED

I'll never understand people that throw a fit over this shit. It's been over a year since the game has came out. They can't cyber patrol the Internet for people who decide to spoil shit forever. It's such an awful nickname.

The samefags spamming the same threads of their dead game.

your mum sucks better

It really is. Do you people ever get bored of this? There's nothing new to discuss. So much so that any form of good discussion brought about by the game has devolved into a cesspool of waifu threads and shitposting. It's always the same group of people frequenting every thread, and damn near the same set of reaction images.

I still don't get combat and fuck Tiger Tiger. To be fair they don't explain combat well and i don't want to play a mini game for a hour to upgrade my waifu bot. In the end I'm just might be retarded

Attached: 1553038012946.jpg (500x281, 22K)

Tiger Tiger is immense bullshit that shouldnt have been approved in any fashion. Grinding it isnt even hard, just fucking tedious. As for the combat, the fact that you cant review tutorials properly in the base game but you can in Torna is 7 levels of retarded. It cant have been hard to patch that into the base game, I refuse to believe that it would be.

REOL released her new EP today guys.

The combat isn't even hard though, all you do is mash buttons.

Eventually combat will just "click", it did for me the 2nd time I fought the final boss and it went from being hard and tedious to a breeze

What specific parts of the combat are you not getting yet?

I don't get why people are having trouble with the combat, I feel like it's pretty easy to understand
perform blade combos -> use driver combos to make blade combos easier -> after a few blade combos do a chain attack and destroy the orbs -> repeat
Am I missing something? I think it's fun and all but I don't think it's complex at all, unless you wanna min max the shit out of it

>/thread
pidora otvet

Some well written characters
Solid music
Combat that has a good pace, even if it's not as strategic or varied as the previous games.
A main character that grows on you by the end.
Overall solid art design.
A half baked mess that I love

Blade combos and generally everything
I'll bullshit my way though the game so far. But holy shit why would they add high level bastards in the Overworld, I almost shit myself when that huge gorilla thing spooked me in the starting areas

Attached: 1553009265017.jpg (685x576, 45K)

Kind of hard to say but I'd give it to either XBX or XB2.
XBX has a general greater variety of Arts which makes it so that that actual decisions you make in combat are more varied, and the enemy design seems pretty well tailored to on-foot combat.
XB2, meanwhile, introduces a ton of new ideas by separating complexity to many different layers, but each layer is less complex than the standard Arts system from XBX or XB1. XB2 also has the benefit of a better pace of combat.
The ideal scenario is a sort of mix of KH's basic combo system, XBX's arts variety and XB2's interlocking systems and cancelling system

I'm dreading the fact that 10 years from now, this fandom will still call Pneuma Coffee with Milk. This isn't 2012 when it was somewhat easier to control the information of Xenoblade 1 spoilers. But today? You'd have to cut yourself off from the internet if you want that first time experience to be as blind as possible. How about spoilers in other games?
>Lucina is Chrom's time-traveling daughter.
>A spoiler in Awakening that's common knowledge today.
>Knights of the Old Republic. You are Revan.
>A spoiler/plot twist at the time, but everyone knows it. Fucking Wookiepedia doesn't hide Revan's name when talking about the shit he did in Kotor 1.
>Everyone knows about Aerith's death.
No spoiler is indefinite, but the Xenoblade fandom is too stubborn to let go of their archaic traditions.

This fandom is annoying sometimes. I don't know why they're so stuck on spoiler control. Eventually people will get spoiled regardless to the point where you'd have to avoid the Internet completely to save yourself from getting spoiled. It's really not that deep as its made out to be.

Blade combos aren't that hard to understand, but I think the UI doesn't help much. Here's how they work
When you use a special (A), regardless of how charged they are, you enter the stage 1 of the combo. You are locked into that combo until you have finished it or the time bar runs out (above enemy health). To continue the combo you need a special charged to level 2 of the specified elements on the UI. They look kinda like a mess but think of them as columns. So if you start a blade combo with Pyra you will get two options to follow it up. Since she is fire element those two options will be either fire again or water. Your party members can help you and will automatically change their blades to match the combo options, so in this case Nia will change to Dromarch since he is water element. Each of these two options will lead to two other options that will require a level 3 special, if you manage to reach any of them you will finish the combo. Remember that to charge it faster is better to perform your 3 hit auto attack and then right when the last hit connects use your blade art (X, Y or B).
If you see the enemy Break, use Pyra's (Y) ability and that will topple him, extending your window to continue the combo.

Not much for me.

I liked salvaging as a mini game and some of the world design was nice, as well as some decent music in places.
But other than that, I found it the worst of the three, like most people.

Okay, so combat in this game is basically a pyramid.
Auto-attacks build up Arts
Arts build up Blade Specials
Blade Specials build Blade Combos.
Blade Combos put Orbs on when you finish them.
If you want to access higher levels of Blade Combos, it works like this:
>Use Level 1+ Blade Special
>Use Level 2+ Blade Special of the appropriate element (you'll be able to see which elements Blade Special you need to use by the tree chart that appears in the upper right hand corner after the first Special)
>Finish the combo with a Level 3+ Blade Combo of the appropriate element
A completed Blade Combo has three effects:
>Big damage (more so if you have a Driver combo going on simultaneously)
>Seals a particular type of technique (that will be indicated by the tree chart)
>Puts an elemental orb on that can be broken and used during a chain attack

meant X ability not Y

>posting /thread in your own post

Attached: Can no longer feel.png (231x242, 68K)

The lore, the music, the combat, the texture work, the lighting engine, the characters' facial expressions were all improved over its predecessors. Now just couple all of that with Xenoblade X-tier sidequests, exploration and customization of looks and moveset on top of a consistent character design and you've got yourself the greatest JRPG of all times.

>Blade combos and generally everything
I'll try to explain
>Use a special of any level to start a combo. A level 1 fire special, for example.
>Pic related appears and shows you which elements at which levels can be used to continue the combo down a branching path. In this case the branches are fire and water.
>Use either a fire special or a water special of at least level 2 to continue the combo down the path you want. Let's say you used a level 2 water special.
>Use either a fire special or ice special of at least level 3 to finish the combo and deal big damage.
That's the gist of it. There's some other stuff but you'll honestly probably have an easier time learning it by just playing the game and fumbling around until it clicks rather than having it explained to you.

Attached: xc2-blade-combo.png (1440x460, 620K)

They treat Malos being an Aegis and owning a Monado as a spoiler despite the fact that the first trailer of the Torna DLC casually flaunts both right in the open. Hell, the first cutscene in the DLC bluntly tells you that Malos is an Aegis. There's really no point in keeping Malos's status a secret, but knowing this fandom, a spoiler is a spoiler. No matter how old it is or how widely known it is.

Attached: Malos_.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Fun lighthearted adventure. Characters were all likable and felt like a group of friends by the end. I love the scene of them escaping the station because it really nails this feeling.

Thanks anons
I feel like i have a better understanding
Other from gacha blade summoning and Tiger Tiger. This game become better for me

Attached: 1552982996038.jpg (1280x720, 207K)

Lora is perfection.

Happy to help, hope you enjoy the game

Attached: yes.jpg (1125x679, 57K)

The combat, while confusing until you look up a guide, is actually pretty fun. My only complaint is that bosses die way to early to be able to really go all out on. The adventure is fun and the characters are mostly likeable.

why do i SUCK at challenge mode

git gud