Zoomers will never know vidya

Feelings Zoomers will never know:
>Getting a finished game at launch
>Actually having to unlock customes ingame, instead of paying
>Local coop sleepover with friends
>Blowing the cartridge to make it work
>Games that were good & made with real passion, not just moneygrubbing zoomer-bait

How do Zoomers feel being stuck in the worst vidya generation of all time?
Any 18-20 year olds on Yea Forums wanna explain?

Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

blowing into cartridges does not remove dust, and introduces moisture into the pins. learn how to take care of your games correctly.

And is most likely a placebo in first place, as removing and entering again is what really is working it.

>Reading the manual for lore and cool illustrations
>Playing a game without knowing anything about it
>Starting a console and game within 5 seconds instead of a minute

Ahh.. Those were the days.

Attached: 1546044029200.png (380x349, 100K)

you could do all of these with a DS

The DS is older than people who browse Yea Forums right now.

The irony of the most braindead console generation of kids now talking about how zoomers are the worst...
If you genuinely believe it, then you clearly haven't been around to see what gaming looked like between 2007-2014. Either you have been too young, or you were already trained by just as abusive and shitty market to eat shit as the zoomers are.

zoomers love their shit vidya and will defend it to death. If you call them faggots they hit you with that Twitter nu-speak

They unironically enjoy this timeline because they have no frame of reference beyond acting like retarded faggots

Attached: 216212-itagaki_san.jpg (303x388, 17K)

shufflin

>drawing your own maps on gridpaper
>best graphics ever because they're in your head
>getting full blown game addons
>early mmorpgs when the concept of playing online was new and everyone just assumed rping is the normal way to play

I don't much about blowing cartridges but I sure remember blowing my mates at those sleepovers. There would always be one of them too shy to take his pants down but boy did he bite his lips as he was watching going down on the rest.
I had the most fun at fighting games only lan parties, if you know what I mean

>being a kid during one of the most peaceful and idyllic periods in history untainted by politics and internet
>just a perfect mix of outdoors fun and indoors vidya
Just having their cringey childhoods forever recorded and uploaded is bad enough, but there's so much much worse

Meh. At least boomers get to feel the pain of never experiencing it ever again.

The DS is nearly 15 years old.

Attached: 1507444725684.png (633x758, 30K)

That was bad but this is even worse.

>deliberately blowing into pins to fuck up your own games
You were the kid who ate paste in my class, weren't you?

>Buying a game and installing it from disk without having to download the entire game

It really isn't. If you aren't completely lazy, there are tons of good games coming out. There is greater variety in the industry in general, more ambitious projects and more experimentation. And while there are some really shitty predatory practices in the industry that sure as fuck don't need defending, they are for the most part optional and anyone with half a brain can avoid getting screwed over.

At least, we live in an era where there is greater customer and player agency and more options. There are also greater technical standards and less mechanical limitations. You really can't pretend this is worse than the shit we have been through.

truly those were the days, the prestige involved with unlocks and conquering a difficult game is like no other

modern games lack passion and guts

Why can't they do this anymore? I feel like getting physical copies is useless because of it.

DS is fucking shit, fuck this retarded two screens
WHY NOT JUST MAKE BETTER GAYBOY FUCKING SHITENDO
>switch
THIS IS FUCKING TABLET NA HANDHELD YOU NIGGERS AAAAAAAAAA

zoomers have experienced all of those except for the cartridge thing

>buy physical copy of game
>it's 5 discs
>alright this might take a while
>insert first disc
>enter steam code to continue download
WHAT ARE THE OTHER 4 DISCS FOR THEN?

>If you genuinely believe it, then you clearly haven't been around to see what gaming looked like between 2007-2014.
literally nowhere near as bad as now, not even close to comparable

> If you aren't completely lazy, there are tons of good games coming out.
but less good games on the whole
>There is greater variety in the industry in general
this is objectively false
>more ambitious projects and more experimentation
also objectively false
>And while there are some really shitty predatory practices in the industry that sure as fuck don't need defending, they are for the most part optional and anyone with half a brain can avoid getting screwed over.
except they're not optional at all and are viable because of the 3% of any games community that qualify as whales
>At least, we live in an era where there is greater customer and player agency and more options.
literally the only thing current gaming has is better online infrastructure and better graphics
>There are also greater technical standards and less mechanical limitations.
that don't get utilize for anything because of the homogeneous nature of modern game design, the requirement for more technology peaked in 2007 as far as it was relevant to gameplay
>You really can't pretend this is worse than the shit we have been through.
there's no need to pretend it's outright true

streaming and twitch killed gaming

Po>papers full of passcodes that let you start the game at wathever point you want
>cheats
>Easter eggs

gaming is dead. games themselves don't even matter to the brain dead zoomer. it's all about le ebin streamers now

Eh, I really like Indies so I'm okay ish with the current state of things
The only AAA thing I'm looking forward to immensely would be Doom Eternal, and considering how much I love the last one, I'm confident in them

This is the gayest post i've read this month, congratulations faggot user.

>literally nowhere near as bad as now, not even close to comparable
The Halo / CoD era was BETTER in your opinion than what we have today? How fucking underage are you?

>but less good games on the whole
Nope.

>this is objectively false
We have seen a massive resurgence of RTS, TBS games, shooters, cRPG's, puzzle platformers, creative sandboxes, logistics and management games, simulation games, rogue-lite hybrids, immersive sims, stealth games, old school shooters, survival games, plus pretty much each year we have another completely-out-of-genre title or a new genre to pop up (Paper's Please, Obra Din, Factorio, DF-likes etc...)

You have more options, more genres, more niches, more price-ranges, more distribution platforms.

>except they're not optional at all
Are you seriously telling me you aren't aware of those thousands upon thousands of games that do not have these practices?

>literally the only thing current gaming has is better online infrastructure and better graphics
So... you are so god damn young that you don't remember what control schemes and option screens looked like at that era? You are seriously saying that we had NOT over came massive technical issues limiting both complexity of gameplay mechanics and quality of level designs in the past ten years?

You are seriously going to tell me that games like Prey, or the new two Deus Ex games have not clearly moved a lot forward in terms of level design and mechanical complexity compared to games like Invisible War, Thief 3 or Syndicate (the shooter)?
Really?

How old are you? Have you been raised with the Halo 2/3 generation yourself?

>The Halo / CoD era was BETTER in your opinion than what we have today? How fucking underage are you?
yes definitely, the current age is even more homogenized

during the halo and cod era we still got titles like bioshock, ninja gaiden 2, DMC4, mass effect, demon's souls, portal, deadly premonition, burnout paradise, manhunt 2, sleeping dogs, mirrors edge, lost odyssey, dead space, dead rising

the current generation of gaming is so stale, they remaster a ton of games from the previous generation in place of taking risks and producing new ip and no what minor worthwhile indies that do not turn out to be early access wrecks does not offset the basic lack in diversity and production quality relative to the cod era, though the cod era was admittedly already more stale than 6th gen
>Nope.
yep

>We have seen a massive resurgence of RTS
haha no, maybe back in 2011 when starcraft boomed but RTS is dead and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things with only the new flavor of the month genre ever mattering, BR in current times

>TBS games, shooters, cRPG's, puzzle platformers, creative sandboxes, logistics and management games, simulation games, rogue-lite hybrids, immersive sims, stealth games, old school shooters, survival games
not only did we have all of these in the previous gen but back then they were also finished while most likely half of the games belonging to these genre are poorly thought out product of the early access model

>Are you seriously telling me you aren't aware of those thousands upon thousands of games that do not have these practices?
show me ANY big AAA game that does not feature these, before they didn't and now they do, that makes things worse

>So... you are so god damn young that you don't remember what control schemes and option screens looked like at that era?
look kid you keep trying to play the age card but im likely older than you and you're likely a zommer that's just posing continuing next post

>Redditmaymay
>2019

Thats quite emberassing

>You are seriously going to tell me that games like Prey, or the new two Deus Ex games have not clearly moved a lot forward in terms of level design and mechanical complexity compared to games like Invisible War, Thief 3 or Syndicate (the shooter)?
prey is literally just a bas system shock 3 with generic enemies and bad writing, the new deus ex game is literally unfinished and the first part to a trilogy already canned by square enix because they fucked up the PR so hard with their dlc model, in terms of mechanical complex it has barely moved anywhere from what was established in human revolution

>How old are you? Have you been raised with the Halo 2/3 generation yourself?
no, have you been raised in the NES generation?

>You are seriously going to tell me that games like Prey, or the new two Deus Ex games have not clearly moved a lot forward in terms of level design and mechanical complexity compared to games like Invisible War, Thief 3 or Syndicate (the shooter)?
The new Deus Ex games are an abomination. Them being better than Invisible War doesn't mean they're any good.

Also, how convenient of you to leave out Eidos' Thief 4, which was even worse than Thief 3. And how is Syndicate even an immersive sim?

Attached: 132329943934.jpg (2000x1551, 629K)

>yes definitely, the current age is even more homogenized
How.
FUCKING.
Delusional you can be? How does one get this fucking broken? It's inhuman.

>during the halo and cod era we still got titles like
Ignoring that half of those were utter garbage, in HALF the time we got Alien Isolation, Prey, new Hitman, new Deus Ex games, Shadow of Mordor, Kingdom Come, Doom 4, Factorio, Bastion, Divinity games, Underdark, Minecraft, Rimworld, EuroTrack simgames, Dusk, Dishonored, Pillars, Rimworld, Forest, Battle Fleet Gothic, Dying Light, Transport Fever, Elite, Stardew Valley, StarSector, Obra Dinn, Cuphead...

>haha no, maybe back in 2011
Battlefleet Gothic, Tooth and Tail, They are Billions, Offworld Trading Company, Act of Agression, Grey Goo, Ashes of Singularity, Wargames, Creeper World, Deserts of Kharak, Cossacs 3...

>not only did we have all of these in the previous gen
Now you are beyond delusional. Terraria, Forest, Factorio, Rim-world, Long Dark, Hat in Time, Ark, Subnautica... yeah, we saw HUNDREDS of games like that in the Halo era. You fucking drooling mongoloid.

>show me ANY big AAA game that does not feature these,
Prey, Doom 4, Kingdom Come, The Witcher 3, Botw, Nier, even fucking Horizon Zero Down...

>look kid you keep trying to play the age card but im likely older than you and you're likely a zommer that's just posing continuing next post
I'm 29 and you are literally defending the Halo / CoD era here.
Who the fuck are you kidding?!

>prey is literally just a bas system shock 3
And this just about sums it up.
"It does not count because... uh I'm gonna say it's bad without giving reasons and liken it to another game (even if that game is one of the best games ever made, the implication that it isn't original should be enough, right?!)

>the new deus ex game is literally unfinished and the first part to a trilogy already canned by square enix
While that is sad, we god three solid immersive sims that actually can be compared to their precessors in the span of your years.
We did not see a SINGLE one for a decade before.

>no, have you been raised in the NES generation?
No, I have been raised by PC gaming between 94-2004 mainly.

>The new Deus Ex games are an abomination.
Yeah, I'm sure Bioshock, Invisible War and Syndicate were much better options, you cretin. They are solid. Not amazing, but solid. Which is a MASSIVE step forward from not getting any games like that or getting butchered piles of shit like Syndicate or Bioshock.

>Also, how convenient of you to leave out Eidos' Thief 4
Shit games happen. Then again we did get Dishonored, Prey, Tenchu, Aragami, Invisible Inc., Styx, two solid Hitman games, Ghost of a Tale, which is more stealth-focused games than in the past decade.

>How.
>FUCKING.
>Delusional you can be? How does one get this fucking broken? It's inhuman.
that isn't an argument lmao

>Ignoring that half of those were utter garbage
lmao all of those laid the foundation for what came next and most of those were better games than what comes out of AAA today

> in HALF the time we got Alien Isolation, Prey, new Hitman, new Deus Ex games, Shadow of Mordor, Kingdom Come, Doom 4, Factorio, Bastion, Divinity games, Underdark, Minecraft, Rimworld, EuroTrack simgames, Dusk, Dishonored, Pillars, Rimworld, Forest, Battle Fleet Gothic, Dying Light, Transport Fever, Elite, Stardew Valley, StarSector, Obra Dinn, Cuphead..
some of these are valid, others existed as an ip beforehand others are shit, that said it doesn't live up 7th gen in general
>Battlefleet Gothic
sure
>Tooth and Tail
garbage
>They are Billions
unfinished
>Offworld Trading Company
not RTS more like 4x
>Act of Agressio
dead
>Grey Goo
good but dead
>Ashes of Singularity
massive dx 12 fuckup and dead
>Wargames
what?
>Creeper World
a literal flash game that existed before this gen
>Deserts of Kharak
pretty cool
>Cossacs 3
remake
>Terraria
good point, fiar point
>Factorio
we had construction and management games before so yeah
>Rim-world
typical unfinished EA crap
>Long Dark
boring survival game with all the worst tropes of the genre
>Hat in Time
pretty good
>Ark
absolute trash
>Subnautica
pretty cool but also unfinished

>yeah, we saw HUNDREDS of games like that in the Halo era.
no we saw the more variety on the whole and back then games were actually finished

>Prey
crappy bioshock/systemshock ripoff that shits on and abuses the prey IP
>Doom 4
sure not bad, though the melee stomping is shit
>Kingdom Come
unfinished and buggy
>The Witcher 3
it's ok, combat sucks but the world is good
>Botw
>more zelda
>Nier
yeah this wasn't bad, felt like a ps2 game so that's good
>Horizon Zero Down
very lackluster

cont

Based boomer poster.

Attached: received_1282974058522278.jpg (3024x4032, 803K)

>Blowing the cartridge to make it work

What?

I blow on my motherboard, gpu and fans all the time. Works wonders and removes tons of dust

just because SOME decent games still get made nowadays doesnt mean the industry on the whole isn't shittier than in the past
>I'm 29 and you are literally defending the Halo / CoD era here.
Who the fuck are you kidding?!
yeah i highly doubt that, if you'd experienced the 1994-2007 era for yourself you'd understand why modern gaming is ass

>"It does not count because... uh I'm gonna say it's bad without giving reasons and liken it to another game (even if that game is one of the best games ever made, the implication that it isn't original should be enough, right?!)
it does not count because not only is it not doing ANYTHING new, it also fails at doing the derrivative
>we god three solid immersive sims that actually can be compared to their precessors in the span of your years.
i disagree, literally the only thing they have over the old games are their technical graphical fidelity

at any rate go ahead and call me a delusional faggot o gotta go have a nice day

Why do you feel above everyone else on this website that you need a name?

you only think your childhood was good because you were a child during it
your parents felt the same way about theirs, zoomers will feel the same way about theirs, as will and has every human being who has ever lived, and they are all equally correct and wrong

lol I started gaming in 1991 you fucking newfag

you are wrong because we can scientifically analyze each of their emotional sentiments to determine their validity. some are certainly more correct that others.

>lmao all of those laid the foundation for what came next
Yes. Garbage. Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge And Dead Space really paved the road.
If you want to complain about garbage today, all of it is people still clining to the INCREDIBLE garbage of that era. Everything that has been good since has been either something new, or going all the way back to the roots BEFORE THE PLAGUE OF SHIT that was that era.

>others existed as an ip beforehand
Are you serious with this shit? You list NG, DMC, Bioshock and then dicredit games I listed because they are rooted in previous era franchises?
Again, are you mentally ill?

I'm not going to go through the incredibly pointled write-ups on the RTS list, but I am going to just point this out:
>Offworld Trading Company
>not RTS more like 4x
>Wargames
>what?
>Cossacs 3
>remake
>Factorio
>we had construction and management games before so yeah
The insane stupidity of these ones speak for themselves. Really. No fucking comment needed, for fuck sake.

>yeah i highly doubt that, if you'd experienced the 1994-2007 era for yourself you'd understand why modern gaming is ass
Says the person who literally does not know the difference between a sequel and a remake, actually does not know what makes Factorio unlike any game before, and FUCKING DEFENDS THE LAST FUCKING GEN?!

>i disagree, literally the only thing they have over the old games are their technical graphical fidelity
Which still makes the better than 99% of last gen games, which had WORSE GAMEPLAY, WORSE GRAPHICS, WORSE CONTROLS, WORSE PORTING AND PERFORMANCE than anything that came before them, you fucking god damn retard!

Prey or Human Revolution may not be quite as good as fucking original Deus Ex or System Shock, but they are a THOUSAND times better than the shitfests of Bioshock, IW, Syndicate or Dead Space, who were equally as derivate, but did a worse job at EVERY FUCKING LEVEL.

lmao enjoy your accelerated hardware failure

nope, you can't

I'm 20 and literally did all of those things as a kid fuck off.

Attached: iatz1u0yw2e21.jpg (1439x1420, 726K)

Not being a cocksucking, braindead FAGGOT with gay shitty faggot glasses and pidgeotto hair plus absolute shit taste in games. They'll never know that feel!

Putting toothpaste on your scratches disc

ah, you have sprung my trap. if you cannot then how can you make the claim that all of these feelings are equally valid?

Attached: 1547591222548.png (1000x1000, 216K)

As a 28 year old. Boomer nostalgia/Zoomer hate threads are some of the cringiest threads on this board

because they are. don't reply to me until you've reached at least the ninth level of enlightenment

not as cringy as u fag lmao gottem

I don't know if I grew up or something but all I care about nowadays are single player games and good stories.
Haven't been excited for a new release in years.

Pathologic 2 Part 1 should be coming out later this year. If you are interested in strong narrative-focused SP games, you probably should keep an eye out for that.