What would be different if the original Deus Ex were made today?

What would be different if the original Deus Ex were made today?

Attached: deus.jpg (460x215, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rxN-mbwLVkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wouldn't be allowed to exist.

Seconded

this

The routes would be overchoreographed to the point where everything is railroady, you just get to pick turning right or turning left with no other input. Guns would be the most viable option, meaning that the game would instead punish you with meaningless "point" losses to your final score. Also no going into the women's restroom.

bump

just look at mankind divided

Oh yes... most sweetenly...
youtu.be/rxN-mbwLVkE

Fpbp

OH YES

JC would have to side with brown people to kill all whitey and there'd be a trans person questline where you have to stop their domineering republican stepdad from pulling the plug on their HRT bux.

>Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>No. *looks at camera* I am just spouting right wing dogwhistles to manipulate people.
>*JC looks at camera as well* We should all bear that in mind.
>*a few moments of silence follows as they gaze sternly at the player*

see human revolution, it's a modern take on deus ex and it ended up pretty good

It would suck. Next question

oh dear sweaty, that would cause quite the ruckus

>carry on agent

Attached: 1231.jpg (228x221, 10K)

It would be completely neutered.
The essence of Deus Ex is the exploration of contemporary themes and conspiracy theories.
Deus Ex now should be about BLM being a government psy-op, Russian hackers actually being Illuminati casting blame and gay rights activism being used as a front for the destabilization of Western society.
If Dude Sex came out today with themes like these it would be shitcanned faster than you could blink.

The problem with MD is that its themes haven't been relevant for decades. They took the easy and PC way out. (racial segregation was a corporate conspiracy) It's more 1950s America and 1900s South Africa than anything contemporary.

I think a modern Deus Ex game that doesn't have elements of Nick Land Accelerationism is just not being honest with the times.

As long as Square is holding the IP there is definitely no way it will be anything other than bland and banal. Hell, HR possibly wouldn't even survive today since it uses material from Alex Jones for its conspiracies, and he's now a banned hate figure so HR would just be a vehicle for 'hate' if released today. Not even HR would survive.

>HR possibly wouldn't even survive today since it uses material from Alex Jones for its conspiracies
i don't remember if it was for md or hr but some of the devs posted here and talked about it in behind the scenes stuff. if they did that so openly now, especially after recent events it would be career suicide.

It would be regarded as /pol/ shit and dismissed by nu/v/.

The twin towers would be visible on the docks.

Play the new games
There's your answer
It would be completely sanitised of any real conspiracies and it would only deal with "safe" fantasy politics like muh robo-racism and muh augs

fpbp

Attached: Deus_Ex_predicts_Europe_0.jpg (850x423, 33K)

*siiiip*
They dont make em like they used to boys.
Deus Ex was a lightning flash in a jar. I'm just glad it exists.

Attached: 1512330833475.jpg (620x930, 61K)

Thank God for Deus Ex, and for evernything Looking Glass made. Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened.

Attached: 1521592932968.png (657x527, 44K)

Even worse, It would be extremelly dumbed down compared to the original

Mass Effect Andromeda irreverent marvel/naughty dog like writing but in cyberpunk setting
All flash, no substance
Gameplay and choices would be more neutered than dehr or demd combined, neutered.
It's kinda depressing to think about, honestly
Not even cdpr would've been there to make a substitute because deus ex was never a thing, not even remember me would be a thing, it would probably be something like a watered down oni.

Attached: 1552505662158.png (633x958, 321K)

>"all conspiracies are actually racist evil made up about refugees, here is a story of a refugee woman solving all the problems and those racists just hate her!"

It would be a dark parody of itself.

>Left wing defends the powerful corporations taking advantage of taxes now
What the fuck

HELIOS ENDING BEST

These two posts encapsulate everything I wanted to say, and indeed apply perfectly to HR and MD

It would be focus more on how easy it is to distract half of the world from problems that can wipe out the majority of humanity in several decades by engineering adversity between susceptible enough strata within the populace. How extreme ends of various ideologies can be nurtured and puppeteered (by literally the same people, naturally) to make any cohesive opposition to status quo be perceived as dangerous and excessive by the average citizen even on subconscious level, efficiently and inconspicuously disarming any possibility of a real opposition to reigning regime before it could get even a slim chance of solidifying.

>going into the women's restroom
You would have only the mixed gender bathroom.

deus ex for mobile

Race is more important for some reason. Maybe because it's easier for the layman to grasp? Or just simply because it lies in the interests of the elite to have proles fight each other over stupid shit.

>proles
Stop saying this
It makes me think you're a trendy nu-commie faggot

What you're saying is completely true, the whole democratic system is a farce, all sides are controlled by the same big financiers who have a vested interest in keeping people divided and fighting amongst themselves. And any organic revolt (like the yellow vests in france) is immediately seized upon by these controlled groups to try and co-opt it and redirect it through "safe" channels.
But I HIGHLY doubt a game that woke would be allowed today.

>But I HIGHLY doubt a game that woke would be allowed today.
Good thing the original was never regarded as a bunch of obviously crazy conspiracy theories used as a backdrop/medium for a fun futuristic game.

Also
>woke
is fucking gross. You are hereby allowed to use the full breadth and depth of King's English, citizen.