You know...

You know, a few years ago I made a thread on Yea Forums saying that in the future companies wouldn't need DRM like Denuvo, they would simply host parts of the game server-side (like AI), so even if the game gets cracked it doesn't matter because without AI the game is unplayable.

And I got a dozen (You)'s saying it would never happened because internet isn't good enough.

Attached: image.png (1280x338, 24K)

Thanks for making another Stadia thread when we have a bunch already.

Attached: 61e.jpg (501x506, 59K)

It isn't now, that's for sure.

Yeah, because it STILL ISN'T and Google is utterly out of touch for even suggesting something like this in the current year.

>started playing games in 1990s
>dont play online games anyways
>windows 7
>will convert to a linux variant after it dies in 2023
feels gud m8 t b q h. i'll have the w7 unplugged and slamming games while the other one's my shitposting driver.

You talk like it's not still obviously the case.

Wow, you made a post about OnLive and Gaikai, good job.
You """"forward thinking"""" only counts if you made it in like 2005.

That day may come op, but Stadia sure as shit isn't it.

>another I told you so thread, we didn't have a dozen already
Yawn. Get over yourself, it didn't take a genious to see that this is the future, everybody predicted that. The (You)s you are seeing and the negativity comes from the denial because people hate that this is the future. I can understand them.
But even then, deep down every single one of them knew that this will eventualyl happen.

You are not special, you are not smart. Fuck off.

Stadia requires somewhere in the neighborhood of 20GB per hour to use. That boils down to about 48mbps. The average internet speed in the US (as of 2017, when CNN reported it) is 18.75mbps, less than half of what is required just to run vidya at 1080p on Stadia (scaling would imply that it would take about 5 times as much bandwidth to run a game at 4k).

I would say that a concept like the Stadia is at LEAST a decade off from being a viable competitor in the US (which is to say nothing about 3rd world countries with shittier internet), and that's presuming 8k doesn't become a thing. If it does, then it's probably closer to 15 years away.

I think you are living in the past with that US centric worldview, automatically assuming that 3rd world countries have shittier internet than the US.
Actually, almost everywhere else internet is much much better quality than the US.

In Romania, the 3rdest world shit country you could ever imagine has 85 Mbit/s average connection speed.

Wake the fuck up, the US is the 3rd world country here.

have another (you). internet isn't good enough for this shit

t. amerifat

Its ture. The 3 company Internet monopoly here is a fucking cancer. The best package can get is where I live 25mbps.

This *might* be viable for turn based strategy games in areas with very fast internet. Anything else and you'll need to wait 20 years at least.

Attached: tachyons.jpg (1300x666, 79K)

i wonder how long it'll take for one of the to servers get hacked and have every game installed on the system replaced with bad rats

I've noticed this too, many poor countries having good internet infrastructure, I guess laying optic cables isn't that expensive?

Here's another for your collection then because it still is not good enough.

these fucking retards would have had me if they JUST LEFT THE GAMES TO STEAM. like for fucks sake all i need is a way to play PC only games without having to get a 2000$ setup. you have an audience, just don't be stingy fucks who can't deal with a 75/25 profit ratio.

It's a size thing. The US has a lot more land, so the fiber backbone needs to be a lot larger.

>it would never happened because internet isn't good enough.
and that's still true
if you watched any of the demos, the games play like shit with massive input lag
only slow single player games will be playable with this
any fast paced game will be completely unplayable

They have their priorities all wrong, I think. 60fps is all well and good, but doesn't mean shit if there's input lag.

20 GIGABYTES AN HOUR