20GB

PER HOUR

Attached: 20190225_072627.jpg (153x164, 34K)

To find out if you can handle 20GB per hour:
>do a speed test
>divide your result by 8
>multiply it by 360
>divide it by 1024
If your answer is over 20 then CONGRATULATIONS! you should have no problems.
Otherwise, fuck you.

fuck off google shill

>1024
>GB
brainlet detected

it doesnt take much intelligence to shill for google

S E E T H I N G

>20GB per hour
>333MB per minute
>5,55 MB/s
I barely have 1,5 MB/s

Alternatively, you could just say 48mbit/sec. If that's the minimum requirements, I'd say they are launching it a few years premature. At least half a decade.

I could get it. I'd have to pay an extra $60 per month to get the 70mbps down (and I'm not sure what the up speed requirement is, but I'll assume it will be less than or equal to the 3mpbs up speed that comes with it). But I'm not paying $100 bucks per month to play vidya when my $40/month (for 20mbps down/ 1mbps up) takes care of all my other needs just fine.

This exactly. I don't even know anymore who the target will be.
>and I'm not sure what the up speed requirement is
Probably the same as your average multiplayer game since it's only used to send your inputs,
so something along the 1mbps

just buy it goy

Never in my lifetime.

Attached: us average internet speed.png (1094x597, 61K)

The steepest I've seen that graph get was still under 2.5mbps in a quarter. Presuming that the average speed is 20mbps right now, it would take 10 quarters for the average to reach the necessary speeds to run 1080p games. And in 10 quarters (2.5 years), the next gen of consoles will already be out, likely with 4k capabilities, meaning that they will need roughly 5x the speeds (~225mbps down), which will take an additional 72 quarters (18 years) to reach at a 2.5mbps increase per quarter.

And that is presuming that speeds continue to grow at the best rate we've ever seen, which is unlikely.

It's like Google doesn't know how to do math.

you don't need to think about the details when you're a company with so much enough money and growth that you don't know what to do with it

You'd think they would have learned from Microsoft. Instead, they seem hell bent on following them.

>unlimited
>10$/month

greetings from europe

Attached: Capture.jpg (655x103, 10K)

you dont wanna pay 15$ plus data cap overages user?

piss off europoor

So who the fuck is this for? People who already own hardware (PC or a console) won't care and poorfags won't be able to use it.

retards who buy shitter computers that cant run games but are too much of a cheapass to buy a console

The landmass of the US is 9,147,593 square km and a population of 308,745,538 in 2010.
The landmass of all of Europe is 10,180,000 square km and a population of 741 million in 2015.

Yeah, it's probably pretty easy to get fast internet when your entire continent is roughly the same size as the US, with more than double the population.

So is there a point to what you're posting? Are you implying that european video game sales are better than the US's? I mean, you'd think that would be true, given the population, yet you guys are treated like the bastard child in gaming, and likely for good reason.

>Not having at least 100down/50up in 2019 AND with a data cap limit to boot

You and your silly "first world countries"

Attached: 1500305440102.jpg (618x619, 95K)

Nah, the point is that you are stuck in the last century.

it was confirmed minimum bandwidth is 15 megabits per second.

romania?

That's a piss-poor point to make when the population density is roughly half of what yours is. If I wanted your speeds, I could move to a US shithole that behaves a lot like Europe.

If yours were a truly civilized country you wouldn't have to move.

yuropoor here, I have 100/20 but without data caps. I mean, no one in the country has data caps

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1La4QzGeaaQ

Can't do 8k 60fps on my ~45Mbit/s connection.
4k 60fps works no problem

>i can download 30+gb in hour
step it up burgers

Ausfag here, we dont even have data caps anymore on the nbn, not that it matters because stadia will neve4 launch here

Good, fuck thirdworlder.
You don't deserve anything.

i love how defensive burgers get over their shitty internet

The problem ain't just speed it's also Data Cap

I'm not defensive over it. It's shit if you don't live in the metro-sprawl. But it's a factor when dealing with Google's demands, as if they can discount the vast majority of the US when designing a gaming console.

TACHYONS!

Attached: tachyons.jpg (1300x666, 79K)

It's not that simple. If it requires your whole line all of the fucking time, that means any time another device on your end downloads updates, it will fuck up your experience.

And where is the benefit? If this shit becomes common, video games will turn into a monopoly. You can't run games anymore, they'll be rendered in a secret vault and you're charged per hour. With no fucking piracy, because how can you pirate something that has no release version?
Even if some pirates leaked the games, they would be poorly optimized and run like shit, because they were made for standardized server hardware/software. And what are you gonna run it on anyway? It will destroy most of the home user GPU market.
This is what they always wanted. Full control. Gaming itself becoming an actual service.

>With no fucking piracy, because how can you pirate something that has no release version?
Just you fucking wait.

Americans get pissy when you point out that their internet is third-world (scratch that, even third-world countries like South America have better internet) and that they're completely dominated by Comcast/AT&T.

>People losing their shit over 20gb per hour
What fucking country do you live in honestly.
I don't have 500mb+ like some anons, but my speed can handle around ~35gb per hour and that's just mediocre at best.

Attached: 1546741855476.jpg (352x562, 115K)

I'm actually happy for it because shitty US internet will be the one thing preventing google streaming from taking on.

?

>America has still data caps

LMAO and i'm 100% sure that atleast 40% of American posters said:
>Fuck net neutrality Donnie the champ said its bad !!xD

Fe theyrehw eporue ni evil ot taerg slee wanteduohtiw dnoces rep stibM001 ekil evah i et data timil

>Data caps
>Throttling
>THEY VOTED YES TO HAVE THEM

Yikes...

filtered
kill yourself

Well it doesn't help when companies realize how badly their american counterparts treat their customers and still manage to dominate those markets. Shit like datacaps are constantly trying to sneak their way in, as they degrade and stop selling decent services and models that used to be minimum standard shit.

>Sever loads
>500,000 people playing x game on release day

This is going to go well.

>Goolags will defend this

Attached: NFWF.jpg (709x538, 114K)

I'm in France and have to pay 30€ for 12mb and 50€ for 500mb

Attached: zr.jpg (540x528, 43K)

?

Attached: fill in the blanks.gif (329x302, 7K)