Can someone help an indecisive user and convince me to buy this or not?

Can someone help an indecisive user and convince me to buy this or not?
The reception has been a lot better than what I was expecting based on what I played in the beta, seemed like a pretty bland tps but I will say the movement felt good.
I never played the first one nor do I have much interest in these sorts of games generally but I'm open to anything especially with how few releases are coming out the rest of this year.

tl;dr is this a good game to hold me over for the rest of this year?

Attached: when-does-tom-clancys-the-division-2-release-trailer-release-date-beta-information.jpg (1600x900, 257K)

bump for vidya discussion

Attached: fsa.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Attached: ozu-tatami-galaxy-9.25.jpg (210x240, 17K)

If you're not into looter shooters, I don't see why you'd want this game.

If you do like looter shooters, this is the best new one out there and it's only going to get better.

I generally agree with you. I mean what else in the looter shooter genre is there? Maybe warframe. Fucking Anthem?

I'm passing on it. It's good looking but too shallow for me.

>it's only going to get better.
You sure about this?

My only experience with looting games is Vermintide 2 if that counts. I got about 30 hours out of that, how much value do you think Division 2 has long term? How well did they support the first one over time?

in terms of loot games, only PoE and Grim Dawn have more depth in character building.

There's a ton of stats, traits, and sockets on gear to really optimize, and like D1 there will be gearsets on top of that. Then you have specializations, which aren't complex at all, but add things on top of your set to play with.

I'm fairly certain. I'm really liked The Division 1 and the changes they made from launch to now are fucking amazing. This time they're starting from level ground and moving upwards. The only way they can make the game worse is if they take shit out.

The support for the first game is the sole reason I brought this game. They did fantastic and added three game modes: Survival, Underground, and Last Stand as DLC last time around.

Survival, for my money, is the best twist on the battle royale game mode in that you don't actually have to kill other players, you just need to get loot, fight NPCs, and get out. Killing players just makes it easier, so there's a lot of push and pull, unexpected encounters, and even the occasional team up from some rando who just wants to get out alive. It's pretty great.

Underground is Diablo: The Looter Shooter. It's what Hellgate London should've been, if anyone other than me remembers it. Procedurally generated levels with loot at the end. Huge replayability.

Last Stand is a straight PvP mode, and the bones of it are the Conflict mode that's in Division 2 right now.

With that kind of track record, they've got a lot of good will from me, and I think they're going to do well. Plus the addons are free now, since they discovered people will pay for hats, so they don't split the base unlike the last game.

Ubisoft has a lot of goodwill from me as well for what they did with Siege. I'm leaning towards buying it, I love games with good value even if they're not the greatest.

Let me put it to you like this: I played a 10 hour trial for Anthem, and came away wishing the Colossus and Ranger were taken out of this game and put in a Starship Troopers game with power armor. The rest felt shallow and boring, and I took it off my computer with two hours remaining.

The Division 2 doesn't have any flying power armor cool shit, but everything else it has is a pretty polished game I'm enjoying a lot. I just wish I could find a good clan.

I rented anthem and played about ten hours also. I'd prefer the javelins be made into a Gundam game but a Starship Troopers game would also be cool. If you're on ps4 I'll play with you tomorrow.

>everything else it has is a pretty polished game

Except the hundreds of major bugs and the skill mod system that is so poorly designed it's impossible to wear most of them since no one has the required stats and even if you could you're sacrificing a fuckload of weapon damage for 5% skill damage.

Can the skill mods be ignored or are they crucial to the gameplay? I expected bugs but I heard for the most part the game is smooth considering these sorts of games have all sorts of problems at launch

No, you fucking idiot. Shit like this and Destiny aren't even games but just platforms for microtransactions and pointless looting and grinding. Complete waste of time

There's not a chance I spend any money on micro transactions. The mindless looting/grinding sounds somewhat appealing because there's nothing else to play the rest of this year. The game looked like it had some pretty good levels and enemy variety.

There are so many actual games coming out this year
>Resident Evil 2 remake
>Devil May Cry 5
>Sekiro
>Rage 2
>Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10, and 12
>Days Gone
>The Last of Us 2
>Ghosts of Tsushima
>the next COD
And more that i've forgotten.

Not to mention the endless amount of games that have already come out but you haven't played

Playing on PC, but thanks for the offer.

First I've heard of it, bro. I noticed the high requirements, but I figured it was just shit that mattered when you went from levels to gear score.

In the original, it's what you're optimizing to get your edges in the DZ or PVP. In normalized areas, it's the only sort of thing setting you apart.

I've played RE2 about 4 times now, just finished my second run of DMC as well. There's not much else that interests me this year and my backlog is clear, that's why it's so tempting to fall for the hype otherwise I'd be playing something else.

ahh wish my toaster could run it at 60fps, enjoy it user

>>The Last of Us 2
>>Ghosts of Tsushima
I doubt these come out this year.

>Rage 2
Probably worse than Division 2 honestly

>Sekiro
I've sort of got my eye on this one as I've never played a Souls/From game before.

How is well is it optimized on pc?

The only important skill mods are ones that give extra ammo for the chem launcher. Almost all the other mods got gutted after the closed beta and are basically useless.

>1 week
>Everyone seems maxed and waiting for new content
>''b-but they have played like more than 40h!1!''
Do you max your character that quickly? How many hours can the average loot shooter autist expect?

Attached: Steam_2019-03-20_07-06-44.png (271x108, 42K)

Whole lot of legitimate ubishit shills in here holy shit

yeah we're really shilling this one thread with a handful of replies.

lurk more newfag, shills make multiple threads

It's impossible to max your character right now since they timegated the endgame. There's no point trying to optimize your gear because whenever they release the final tier all the gear we have will immediately be outdated because it's raising the cap on all the gear.

It's like if wow classic released and the level cap was 59 for at least a week after everyone started hitting the cap. You could spend the time to farm good level 59 gear but you already know it's outdated.

Funny, Siege recovered from is disastrous launch, but actually LOST goodwill overall over the years from my POV.

Part of it is I guess wanting the Tom Clancy label to actually mean something, but the number of years to fix something as basic as the lean exploit.

Some people actually like the suffering that is the grind, and don't mind arbitrary time gates. I don't so this game clearly isn't for me, but other people are ok with it.

Just out of curiosity, what does legitimately liking a video game sound like to you?

Pretty well, actually. Network issues aside, you're usually gonna find at least one setting it plays buttery smooth on.

Do you like Diablo for its loot system and RPG mechancis?
Do you like third-person cover shooters?
If yes to both, you'll like The Division.

>ou're usually gonna find at least one setting it plays buttery smooth on.

ahh now I'm being tempted to risk getting this on pc for that sweet 60 fps. I don't think my gtx 770 could handle it though

I like any and all gameplay features if implemented well. How's the atmosphere in the game? I'm more curious about that stuff

>but actually LOST goodwill overall over the years from my POV.
it depends who you ask I guess, I think it gets better with each update but some people long for when it was more simple and less sci fi bullshit

>484hrs in BL2
fucking hell just reboot the industry right now

>How's the atmosphere in the game? I'm more curious about that stuff

So it depends on what you're into. There's a lot of environmental world building here and there, like Bethesda if Bethesda didn't run their games on a buggy piece of shit engine. Washington DC is slowly deteriorating and turning back into swampland. Certain lowlands are flooding, the plants are starting to grow over everything, unless they're interior plants in which case they're dying because they haven't been watered in forever. Animals are running around, stray dogs on the edge of firefights, deer running around random alleyways, raccoons in garbage cans.

Massive seems to do best at weather. It's easier to get "New York in the winter" on screen, but "DC in summer" is a little harder. They do well though. In the mornings, there's almost always a hot mist to burn off. Something about the rain just tells me it's one of those hot, uncomfortable rains where it's only good as long as it's raining. And when it's night, it's fuckin' dark, which makes walking down the streets you haven't secured yet kind of a dicey proposition.

The civilians do a good job making it feel alive. They've got a lot of lines about how bad it is, then they improve as the settlement they're from improves. But I'm a bad person to ask about this. I like The Division because the concept appeals to me. I had a job doing grocery deliveries, and my favorite part was helping little old ladies get dinner or carry things up stairs. You're doing the same thing, but shooting any motherfucker trying to steal their stuff. I like helping people, so the settlement improvement stuff looks great to me, but I don't think many people will give a shit.

okay this is totally a shill answering the question but I appreciate it none the less

This comes off like true shill would type, but I still have to say it's pretty much spot on.

I remember this thread from a few days ago. How autistic are you that you spam this shitty forum shilling this game thats literally just division 1 but in DC and full price again?

>shill

Why do I leave /tg/? Seriously, what does legitimately liking a video game around here sound like?

get EDF 5 instead

or wait a week and check out Generation Zero reviews

or wait a month for a $20 price drop on Div 2.

>it depends who you ask I guess, I think it gets better with each update but some people long for when it was more simple and less sci fi bullshit

A little sci fi bullshit is one thing, but all the operators after year two were made by noguns who couldn't stack up a game of jenga, and it shows.

game is cool and has a fuck ton of content but it has its share of bugs. to the dev teams credit though they have been on top of patching them out which is nice

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-19-16-20-20.jpg (2560x1440, 609K)

I feel like this is one of those games where it got more praise then it should have just because there has been so much disappointment with everything else. The loot isn't exactly that interesting, they have a couple of perks which can change up the way you play but overall its just the gun shoots better or does more damage.

The look of all the gear is just military stuff and hoodies. You get some masks later but that's about it.

All of the story cutscenes are absolutely awful, terrible dialogue for terrible characters. There is some good gameplay radio lore and mission stuff, so skip the cutscenes and just listen to the mission stories as you play. The main story just kinda ends but then starts again, it just isn't good.

Gameplay is good, however there are a lot of missions where the game will just put enemies behind you. It doesn't feel fun or interesting, its just annoying to start getting hit in the back all of a sudden. The gear cooldowns are a bit too high I think, I prefer RPGs where you don't hold your skills for bigger enemies but can use them whenever you have them, Division 2 makes you want to save your stuff.

The bosses are worse here than what I remember in D1, hardly anything other than humans, I think this game had 1 tank boss on the last level and everything else was huge dudes in armor or less armored but a bit faster dudes, none of them were very memorable.

The big dungeon missions are ok, they drag on and eventually just end. It is hard to tell if you actually fought a boss or if it was just an elite dude

Open world feels alive at least and there are activities to do and secrets to find which is pretty cool.

Loot box cosmetics suck dick, especially in a full purchase with a season pass on top of that

I got the game for free because RVII. It super diverse with lots of People of color NPCs and has a badass female Division agent you work under named “Kelso”that has a bigger dick than you’ll ever have, she’s so rad.

Also, the animations are slow as fuck. In the time you throw a grenade or deploy an item, you can empty a mag into an enemy instead. It isn't a quick let me bust this out, you have to choose between using your gadgets or just killing the dude faster with your gun

>he hasn't seen the unkillable reflecting shield
yikes

I am the same as you. I bought it on monday and have been enjoying it so far, it's got hours of playability.

I had the same exact hesitations that you do about the game. So far though, I’m the 15 hours I’ve played I’ve been VERY pleasantly surprised.

The combat is fun. The drops you get are consistent and actual good loot. The “dungeons” have really fun set pieces to be in combat in. I would say it’s a definite buy with that caveat that maybe you have some/a friend(s) to play it with. I’ve been squadding up with a buddy of mine to play the game and we’ve had some great fun with it. Brings back a lot of fond memories of couch co-op type of stuff. The crafting system is great. And the encounters get pretty challenging, the AI flanks you and actively tries to box you in which adds for interesting fights. I’d say I’ve gotten $60 of fun out of it.

I think this game has been getting a lot of positive attention from the console fanbase, being consoles are severely limited too the looters they get, while PC has had a resurgence of ARPG looters, with the cross-platform looter shooters sprinkled ontop. As a PC player, I just haven't felt the desire to play a "looter shooter" beyond Destiny 2 after playing many hours of games like Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Borderlands 2, Vermintide 2. Honestly I wanted too like this game, and perhaps I would but why not just play GD or PoE again?

>lowest review is bitching about republicans and division agents being white nationalists that were authorized by the president to shoot black people

Yikes

Other than that, I'm moving away from games that are a part of "Games as a service" take all your time and come back for more content every couple of months. It's unsustainable when your time isn't infinite, gotta pick and choose titles that offer the best time investment per entertainment value.

>Just out of curiosity, what does legitimately liking a video game sound like to you?

Look at say, the rainworld threads, the baba is you threads, threads in vg. More OC. Super deep understanding of the game and the mechanics, well beyond shit in a press release, or feature list. Strong mental impressions of the specific experiences that caused them to be hype about the game with lots of detail. That is HARD to fake.

Compare it with the Apex threads, just before Anthem came out. Very vague and general positive shit. Images posted straight from the media packet with filenames intact, or say the Epic spammer who posts the steam page of Tayal several hundered times, but claims to not like it, and is either unable or unwilling to discuss the games he posts about at all in any detail..

A "secondary fan" will be super hype, and have deep knowedge about SOMETHING. Like the overwatch fan who doesn't know half the cast's q powers, but can name all characters by bust size, males included.

It's probably just one dude.

I didn't buy it per se Got the ryzen 2600 and this came with it but it's a lot of fun
I didn't play the first past the beta but this game has grabbed a hold of me. The setting isn't as good though, and sometimes just feels bland, but that's more of a preference. I've never seen better fog effects though, holy fuck I wish the whole game played like that

Alright, fair enough. The game's been out a week and I don't have a lot of deep mechanical understanding of the gear system or whatever. Though I think it's an improvement over D1's perk requirements. PERK REQUIRES X OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE/SKILL PERKS TO WORK is a lot easier than fucking around with gear percentages and blowing all my Phoenix Credits on the Recalibration Bench in the first one.

Are we only shooting dudes here or are there some actual monsters and shiiiiiit

Attached: 1553022934570.png (636x478, 335K)

Why would you think there are monsters in a Tom Clancy game?

What was up with the mission where you get shocked by an invincible enemy? Is there any follow up?
Plus it was fucking spooky as shit. Atmospheric sections like that in normally tame games are always freakier than horror games themselves

if you liked the 1st game you will like the 2nd
if not you wont, cause its literally same thing

All looter shooters have monster or other alienish stuff borderlands, warframe, destiny to name a few.

It's a hunter from the first game. They randomly show up in a few places and you can do weird cryptic shit to make them spawn and killing them gives you their mask.

Attached: hunter says hello.jpg (1920x1080, 570K)

Worst part is the aesthetics of the gear. Most of the time you only see your backpack and most of the shit looks awful. Even with gear dyes it's hard to make it look how I want. Easily the worst part of the game. They need to make the backpacks smaller and the vests slimmer

Did you ever play Survival mode in Division 1? You just ran into a Hunter.

I'm wondering where they're going with that, because if he doesn't run away, those motherfuckers are relentless.

>Sci-fi fantasy games all have monsters
No fucking shit

Hunters. IIRC lore wise they're the Division Agents that went rouge and got really good at surviving.

It's really good actually. It's a finished game with actual endgame content plus even more planned ahead. I usually hate these games but this one feels more polished

No I never played Division 1. Honestly they seem to be interesting enough to make a campaign around in either an expansion or Division 3. Would be better than what we got in 2

Speak english you memechoking aboirtion, i asked you a simple question, no need to fucking dillate over simple things faggot

>It's a finished game with actual endgame content plus even more planned ahead.

The actual endgame content literally isn't even out yet.

Since this thread is here, are there actually sandstorms in DC?

Attached: whoa.webm (960x540, 2.73M)

How good is the character customization? The characters in Division 1 looked like monsters.

You might be mentally challenged. Most Sci-fi fantasy games have monsters of some sort
A fucking Tom Clancy game would not, because it's all modern-esque military settings

got it and RE2 for $40, it's ok I guess

it was fairly in-depth but some of the sliders didn't seem to matter much (like my guy would have a huge nose regardless), don't remember division 1's character creation at all

Tarkov is more hardcore but since there is no reason to not blast everything that moves, it's pretty much a looter shooter for the time being

Attached: 2018-12-24[03-59]_-1.6, 28.6, -30.6_0.0, 0.9, -0.1, 0.3 (0).png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

It's fucking garbage, and I like the game. The hair i the game is so oddly placed on the head and there's a lack of styles for that and beards. Scars look lame and fake, and the models overall are clay-like.
If you get the game make sure to stack him with a hat glasses, etc so you don't have to waste time unlocking them later

k

Right, I wasn't calling anyone out. There's definitely some legit players here. Just pointing out what to look for. So, for example, that right there is more than what your average intern who has to cover the entire EA lineup would know.

If someone came in saying how much they loved this shit, but had no idea what their gear score was or world tier, or who the fuck the hyenas were, they'd be a fucking glow in the dark nigga, and I'd expect I could check the archive for a second copy of the original post/image and find some of the same reviews.

i'm nearing level cap and so far there has only been a single quest i thought was outright badly designed. everything else has been actually pretty fucking kino, like fighting through a Vietnam exhibit in a military museum.

i completely ignored the game because it looked identical Div1 which was ok but boring. having played i realized its vastly improved in pretty much every way (at its core, it is still just more of the same of course). i find it addictive and more-ish in a way Div1 never was. the environments are fantastic and the city is turned up to 11 with the amount of detail and scenic variance.

its not groundbreaking but its solid and does its thing well. it has a lot more personality and every encounter feels like it has character because the enemy classes stand out clearly - bombers, snipers, tanks, flamers, techies, medics, etc.

my main complaint would be its imbalanced. in the sense that its hard to die "fairly". its either too easy or you just die instantly with nothing you could have done. thats the nature of the cover-shooting combat. if you get surrounded and hit by something like a molotov for example, there's no making a great play to save yourself, you are just gonna get aimbotted whilst forced out of cover and killed in a clusterfuck. then next time you sit on the high ground in a better position, and murder everything as it spawns and never face any real danger.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1157x544, 56K)

I was surprised at how well the levels were designed. I think the only mission I didn't like was the Roosevelt Island stronghold. Even the Side Missions are good.
I think if they make Division 3 though, they should rebuild the movement. Something more fluid with a Tomb Raider esque cover system. And a goddamn jump button

Got my copy for free
Honestly considering buying the first year pass, even though it's just early access to content that becomes free for everyone and a few extra missions.
Game is pretty great, especially with friends.

>tl;dr is this a good game to hold me over for the rest of this year

No.

I really like the game, and I played it for 40 hours within like 4-5 days, but the end game is essentially broken and non-existent.

It might change when they unlock the last world tier (yeah the last mission is locked) but I kind of doubt that.

It was a good 40 hours but right now in it's current state you hit max gear score, get gear you want, then there's basically nothing to do.

The level design is all over the place, in a good way.

Levels start on the street, move to interior areas, then rapidly swap between set pieces at a frantic pace.

For example, one has you starting with running through a dock blowing up boats, then suddenly you're on a theater stage killing suicide bombers running through the seats.

My favorite was the NASA level. Start out running over a rooftop (if you play at the wrong time of day, the sun's glare can totally fuck your aim up in this area), move into an office area, then into some space labs that change from full lighting to dark emergency lights when the enemy blows his way in. Very atmospheric but a bit disorienting at times.

Been having a lot of fun with it, but I liked the first one after they gave it some attention post-launch. This one's not without its own issues though like some of the gear and stat stuff not making a lot of sense. Lot of us waiting on WT5 to drop to finally start minmaxing gear at this point. Biggest thing they can do to fuck things up is put that off for more than a week.

Attached: I Miss The Misery.webm (640x360, 2.76M)

I've played the game for a good 40 hours since release and I've been enjoying pretty much every second of it. If third person shooters are even remotely your thing, go for it. If you like loot on top of that, it's a no-brainer.

Attached: tenhut.jpg (1920x1080, 656K)

its good

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division 2_20190311_190604.png (1920x1080, 3.64M)

We're looking for an 8th, for the upcoming raids. Are you NA?