Valve is not your friend, and Steam is not healthy for gaming

polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive

>Valve didn’t always seem like the sort of corporation which thought of its customers as meaningless numbers in a colossal profit machine. How could it be, with its fierce and innovative vision for digital distribution, its stable of influential first-party titles and its approachable, meme-friendly CEO? "Look," we said to each other, "you can send Gabe Newell a funny email, and he may respond with a joke! What a good guy. Valve is good."

>Perhaps Good Guy Valve did exist, at one time. But beneath the glassy smile of Good Guy Valve today lurks an altogether more cold and corporate beast, a textbook rent-seeker that is profiting from both hostile practices and a bizarrely customer-supported near monopoly on PC game sales.

>There is almost a sense from the writing in 2011 that everyone should just roll over and accept Steam. Not wanting to give another company a big chunk of your revenue in order to use their store is characterized as wanting “more money and more power.”

>“Developers have sometimes complained about Valve’s hegemony in digital distribution and wished for seriously competitive alternatives,” Geek.com wrote. “It appears that EA is taking this possibility very seriously with Origin, but it won’t exactly be to gamers’ benefit if in three years’ time all gaming PCs are running stores from Valve, EA, Blizzard, and Ubisoft at all times just so that players can access their purchases.”

Honestly I can only paste so much, but the article itself is great, go read it.

Attached: sukr.jpg (1220x813, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's time to die

>customer-supported monopoly
It's almost like people support it because it's the best option we have, and nobody wants Chinese Spyware (Epic) shitty SJW games (Uplay) or garbage generic games (Origin)

Is this going to be your to-go spam copypasta for the next few weeks?

I already knew that Steam is shit. They haven't made a real game in 8 years. I don't need to read an article to tell me what I already know.

>STEAM BAD
>PLATFORM WARS GOOD

Attached: 1549920622671.gif (400x400, 2.49M)

>polygon

Attached: E5B62C65-9E70-4202-BFB6-D86DFF79D8B4.gif (300x185, 417K)

Steam is a shit but it's still better than the Chinese.

Is their only argument for making more competitors to steam "b..but DEVELOPERS!"
Why should customers care about developer pay? You don't worry about how much your clerk at the supermarket or gas station is getting paid.

>Polygon
The state Yea Forums. Why are you such cucks?

Attached: 1320035699052.jpg (615x456, 32K)

>polygon

Attached: 1484869615849.png (404x396, 207K)

>steam is bad
>please support EA, Ubisoft, and Epic games
>customer reviews and support forums are evil and toxic
>smash the patriarchy!

You know what, I've come to expect this from Polygon. It doesn't make me any less sick.

>B-BUT STEAM NEEDS COMPETITION
Yeah, so how about you provide competition that doesn't want to just stab me in the back for a few extra shekels?

Attached: havin a real think.png (603x460, 327K)

>Satisfactory, an Epic exclusive, beating every Steam game ever

OH NO NO NONOONONOONONO

Attached: twitch satisfactory 6.jpg (1535x969, 105K)

I think it's time I just start filtering these threads.

Attached: 1476423856206.jpg (492x449, 48K)

Everyone who posts below this is a newfag chump who doesn't know the epic spammer.

>
>

plus a half dozen more with the same fucking article.

ok just give me my entire steam library DRM free and I will happily abandon it.

Attached: 1552966886193.png (657x527, 19K)

He changes his shit every other day, but blocking Tayel and that polygon article isn't a bad start.

>linking directly to polygon
yikes and cringe

retard

Attached: file.png (94x169, 26K)

I pirate everything, fuck off

Seventh post he’s post

It’s not even developers, it’s publishers. These articles are written by corporate cocksuckers

>polygon
don't shill your own article on Yea Forums. you're supposed to be too good to post here, remember?

Attached: 1529125987763.gif (308x292, 3.69M)

>but the article itself is great, go read it.
Give me a pastebin, faggot

The article is from 2017.

>The article is from 2017.

And still accurate

>No reviews
>No voice chat
>No community forums
>No workshop
>No screenshot sharing
>No wishlist
>No game tags
>No discovery queue
>No one-click online streaming
>No h-games
>No music category
>No software category
>No video category
>No linux support
>No mac support
>No regional pricing
>No payment option variety
>No marketplace
>No trading cards
>No trading
>No user profile customization
>No achievements
>No controller support
>No family sharing
>No overlay with browser
>No client skinning support
>No controller-friendly mode
>No local network gameplay streaming
>No cloud saves
>No backup feature
>No adding third party games to your list
>No third party key registration
>No reason to use Epic Store

Attached: 1506279553176.jpg (717x960, 124K)

> polygon

Attached: 1517857877952.png (200x200, 12K)

I wouldn't know anything about that because it's been at least 4 years since the last time I gave Polygon a hit.

>polygon
OH NONONONONONONONONONONO

>polygon
gotta go back to tumblr

Attached: 1549967148739.jpg (772x636, 108K)

Same thread as yesterday OP?
I know your shilling for Epic a lot but this is getting sort of desperate. At least be original or have some kind creativity with your shilling

>No reviews

User reviews are awful because users treat it like tech support
>No voice chat

Everyone uses their own VOIP when playing with friends. Voice has just increased the cancer of my dota games
>No community forums

Virtually every game has their own community forums.
>No workshop

A serious problem
>No screenshot sharing

Inconvenience, minor problem
>No wishlist

Inconvenience, minor problem. Outright stupid not to include for a store.
>No game tags

Tags are less necessary if games are actually curated.
>No discovery queue

The que is cancer.
>No one-click online streaming

Steam's streaming service is dogshit.
>No h-games

Better off at dlsite or nyaa
>No music category

It's a game store
>No software category

It's a game store
>No video category

It's a game store. This is like faulting Steam for not having Funko Pops
>No linux support

A major problem.
>No mac support

A major problem.
>No regional pricing

Steam regional pricing is a joke
>No payment option variety

Only necessary if the platform has a cancerous marketplace.
>No marketplace
>No trading cards
>No trading

Every single one of those is tied to the cancerous marketplace that birthed Artifact.
>No user profile customization

Only used by ERP discord trannies
>No achievements

Minor problem
>No controller support

Major problem.
>No family sharing

Minor problem.
>No overlay with browser

Steam's overlay is terrible
>No client skinning support

Minor problem.
>No controller-friendly mode

Big picture is a piece of shit.
>No local network gameplay streaming

A problem
>No cloud saves

A problem
>No backup feature

A problem
>No adding third party games to your list

You have a desktop and start menu. This feature only exists to commit users further to the launcher.
>No third party key registration

A problem
>No reason to use Epic Store

Some people really want to give all their data to the Chinese government. Congratulations on your shotgun argumentation, less than 50% hit rate

>Virtually every game has their own community forums.
Which is why people are troubleshooting games that are on the Epic Store in the Steam forums, right?

>Which is why people are troubleshooting games that are on the Epic Store in the Steam forums, right?

What's your point? Greater than 0 people try to troubleshoot on the steam forums rather than forums for the game? Yes. Greater than 0 people do.

BASED

I started pirating because of Steam, all they had to do was push for DRM free physical copies but it is more profitable to charge for a download.
Valve has done more damage to gaming than any other company.

>the article itself is great, go read it
The piss poor excerpt you posted says otherwise.

>Valve is not your friend,
he is now

>a textbook rent-seeker that is profiting from both hostile practices
Ah yea, such practices as....... Buying third party games to be exclusive on their store?

>Polygon
>It's a good article

Pick one

>DRM free physical copies
Ahh, the delusional morons.

Our you could just post an archive of it or a pastebin of it nigger.

Why do you keep making this thread?
Anyways, of course a company is not your friend. Literally no one thinks that.

Whatever, as an avid Linux user for decades. Valve's done so much, that Gaben could announce that he reforming the nazi party, and I would be cool with it.

>the article itself is great, go read it
Advertising is against the rules, remember to report and hide.

>polygon
Are you aware that Microsoft is one of the financial backers for this shit pile? Every word they write are just serving corporate interests, they don't give a fuck about consumers

>Dismisses all missing features

Great rebuttal fuckwit

>epic shills
I rather have steam and gog than epic.
Fuck yourself

>polygon
>great
shiggiry diggery doo

Attached: 1297474577803.jpg (402x813, 146K)

>polygon
No.

Again?

Steam is pretty good but not without its flaws. I'll never forget how they fought the push to offer refunds nor their change to subscriber agreement in 2012. However, they do also seem to be moving things forward. They do not push exclusivity. They offer devs many tools with steamworks. In fact they just rolled out a new networking measure to lower ping in multiplayer games on steam. And they took up the fight against the windows wall by working on universal ability to run a game, even if you don't have windows. I wish they'd fix TF2 and release more half life but I can respect the projects they've worked on.

Attached: gotta go spergers.jpg (900x675, 90K)

>2017 article
>pc platform faggotry ala console war
No company is your friend user, especially the shady multinationals and fortune 500 types...nothing is 'healthy' for gaming everyone just tries to squeeze as much money as they can out of you. Now kys retard

Attached: industry-innovation-facts.jpg (950x450, 85K)

this
The answer to Steam isn't another fucking corporate-owned platform.

To be fair they are kinda right. At one point I was a valve fanboy. I still was even after the steam marketplace and Dota 2. But when they decided to release a fucking card game as their next major game I realized that they're only in it for the money.

AN-DIUGH A DHÈANAMH MI
Chan eil fòraman, gun lèirmheasan, gun stiùireadh.
Is e an dòigh air a bhith a ’faighneachd rudeigin an teachdaireachd a thoirt seachad.
Cha robh siostam ath-bhreithneachaidh san amharc seach nach eil devs ag iarraidh sin.
Is e Stam Spy am fear a tha a ’dèanamh seo agus thuirt e gun toir iad na h-uiread de dh’ fhiosrachadh agus a dh ’fhaodas do luchd-cleachdaidh / luchd-cleachdaidh mar a tha cead laghail aca.

CLUICHEAN CLUICHE FUCKACH

A ’Leum Saor an-asgaidh Air adhart A’ Na Leum Mòr Ri Teachd A ’A’ Na Leum Mòr Ri Teachd Saorsa an Rìoghachd Aonaichte Saorsa nan Saorsa Saorsa neo-eisimeileachd neo-eisimeileachd partaidh Taiwan Taiwan Taiwan Formosa Poblachd na Sìne Poblachd na Sìne Poblachd na Sìne Poblachd na Sìne Poblachd Poblachd na Sìne Poblachd Na Sìne Xinjiang Uyghur Duais Nobel airson Sìth Liu Xiaobo Liu Xiaobo Òraid Deamocratach Smaoinich an-aghaidh na h-Aimhreit an-aghaidh na h-Aimhreit An-aghaidh aimhreit Cur an-aghaidh Aimhreit Trom-fhuiling Faireachdainn an-aghaidh ùpraid Seanadh an-toirt às do ghèilleadh air an toirt air falbh C ’Nithean an t-Saoghail gu h-àrd Rapids China Earraich an Earraich Beijing Beachdan Comannach deachdaireachd a chumail fodha creachach ionnsaigheachd aonaichte a 'cumail sùil gheur-leanmhain a mùchadh pian lagaichear an leanaban air falbh de organ buain malairt ann an cinne-daonna a' snàmh a-steach cùl-mhùtaireachd dhrogaichean siùrsachd ceàrrachais crannchuir mìos as t-earrach Tiananmen Tiananmen Falun Gong Li Hongzhi Saor an-asgaidh Tibet Liu Xiaobo fiùghantach lìonra Freegate

Attached: chinese dictator.png (887x1536, 803K)

So now we know the anti-Steam shilling in the past few months wasn't just EPIC but Google.
Makes sense.

>customer supported monopoly
wow its almost as if every other service was shit so people used the best one. whod have thought?

Attached: 1532205694283.jpg (900x675, 86K)

Attached: apple bear.jpg (600x433, 51K)

Is this R'lyehian?

>2017
Chink shills are getting desperate

Attached: 1552600725148.jpg (594x600, 152K)

>May 16th, 2017
Whoa...

how do you think they're going to let you purchase the game, download it, and receive updates? that's the entire point of the launcher
"just give me the games drm free" like that can magically happen with no infrastructure

>polygon link

kys

They’re right but competition needs to be at least as good as Steam. So far no other service is.

That's like saying your girlfriend is killing you for being pretty

How about you fuck off, chang?

Son of bitch american.
you are a pig
do you want a hamburger?
do you want a pizza?
you are pig disgusting

Updates aren't a good thing despite (((Gabe))) tricking you into thinking otherwise.
The problem is these "services" existing to begin with and being the only legal way to play new games on PC.
Valve should have been boycotted into bankruptcy after they launched Steam.

good luck playing any medium-sized game or larger without the first two weeks of patches

>steam
Valve is the one making the game
Steam is a platform nigger

It’s almost like they know the only way to warn people of the insectoid menace is to shill so blatantly that even retards can see through it

Attached: 96CE2709-D05A-4C42-BE0C-678D55F2DBDD.jpg (1024x429, 80K)

>Great rebuttal

Shotgun non-arguments get non-rebuttals. If you want to argue a critical feature is missing then construct an argument for it's importance.

SAY IT WITH ME. SQUARE PROTEST.

The only solution to the Steam monopoly is a overseeing company that sells and lets you access all games from all services, all accessible from one account.

>shill
fpbp

>defending a monopoly
>The other guys are just corporate tools!
pcbros at their finest

>polygon
>this thread again
user please.

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it.

Attached: file.png (580x300, 331K)

yes, it's pathetic how valvecucks are no different than your worst nintenbro

>competition is shit so mediocre company wins
>”mediocre company is everything wrong with gaming!”

These "services" allow them to get away with it which is one of the main reasons Valve pushed Steam so hard. Reminder that (((Gaben))) said it was a bad thing that developers used to have to release their games finished and playable without a patch on consoles because they had no way patching it. According to him games being released finished is bad.

Remember that the shills who post this hope to eventually demoralize you from posting till these threads become uncontested and normal which will fool retard newfag lurkers into thinking its accepted opinion.

>exactly one minute between most posts
>IP count doesn't go up

Attached: 1545583464_25ELF1O.gif (310x467, 2.38M)

And yet it's all owned by gabe newell. Have you sucked his dick today yet?

>he doesn't know
neck yourself stupid redditor, and lurk more

Don't understand why mods don't just ban these guys
its literally just shitting up the board.

?

Attached: file.png (501x183, 39K)

Oh dont fucking bullshit that hard you retarded moron. That is not what is meant by that statement at all. What is meant is that if a bug was there upon being shipped it couldnt be fixed at all because there was no means of patching it. Bugs were fucking common even back then.

just have a copy pasta in a note window and then copy paste it into the thread
takes a second of time and it BTFOs shills

STEAM IS NOT A MONOPOLY

THERE CAN ONLY BE A MONOPOLY IF THERE IS LITERALLY NO OTHER WAY TO BUY A VIDEO GAME

user I hate Epic as much as the next guy but there are 65 posters in this thread so its not surprising that they have posted about different things.

I like Steam though

Attached: 1551596276436.gif (548x401, 192K)

>Pay money, play game
Yeah, sounds good to me

>But you don't own the game!
I don't care as long as I can play to my heart's content

>If Valve dies you lose all your games
I've lost all of my physical games I ever own and I don't care about collecting shit

>What if Valve bans you?
I'm not a cheater and if it does happen I'll be pretty pissed but I'll probably just make another account

If a company other than Valve wants my shekels then they should offer a good enough product, not just appeal to some "monopoly" bullshit, I didn't choose capitalism, now don't come crying to me because Jew A is getting all the money while Jew B starves.

Attached: mario GIF-source.gif (480x480, 350K)

Thank you for showing these peasants the light, we've increased your social credit score standing!

>unironically linking to polygon
Everyone just stop commenting on obvious shill threads please.

>hurr u shuld try ahrder to argue then
So we're expected to write a fucking thesis on why a crucial feature missing is relevant so you can be equally dismissive? You need to die.

The 30% cut charged by most online storefronts is indeed complete bullshit and is only the standard because they effectively have monopolies within their ecosystems. Needs to change to 10-20% across the board.

From a consumer point of view though, steam is easily the best, which shouldn't be a surprise since they've been working on it for 15 years.

S O U L S U C K I N G P A R A S I T E S W A N T T O D E M O R A L I Z E Y O U U N T I L Y O U D I E S O T H E Y C A N F E E D O F F T H E C O R P S E

>Polygon

Attached: 082.jpg (437x424, 108K)

Here's a better idea, Chang. How about you argue why I shouldn't want these features when they've done nothing but improve my overall experience. Explain to me, for example, how user reviews are "toxic" and why forums shouldn't be a thing. I have gotten great use out of both of these things, so you cannot say that they're not without their uses.

>linking to polygon
You fell hard Yea Forums

>polygon

Attached: baka.jpg (499x338, 33K)

i'm and i genuinely hate steam. I've hated steam since they forced me to install that piece of shit to play HL2. I jump at the chance to shit on steam at every opportunity. I don't even have the Epic game store installed because I hate Tencent.

>So we're expected to write a fucking thesis on why a crucial feature missing is relevant so you can be equally dismissive?

You're expected to form an argument if you want a rebuttal. Memearrows aren't an argument. A monkey can throw together a list of bullet points, prove your humanity and form an argument. Here's some dumbass non-argument against the Steam store

>Not going out of business
>No Edge cards
>No funko pops
>No physical TCGs
>No t-shirts
>No chance of running into big titty faux nerd clerk
>No embarrassment when you buy panty quest while big titty faux nerd is working the counter
>No suggestions from clerks
>No smelly autist that stands in the store all day acting like the people who work there are his friends
>No prima official strategy guides to not buy
>No massively discounted pre-order bonuses that never sold like the Duke statue because the game was shit
>No physical copies
>No free stickers all over your copy
>No trade-ins
>No console exclusives
>No location based freebies like Pokemon promotions
>No lines to stand in during midnight releases to be around your local autists

>How about you argue why

Use your brain and form an argument. If you don't like people dismissing bullet points with as much effort as you took to rack them up form a coherent thought.

Imagine shilling for *pic.

>No regional pricing

Attached: drftgvcyhbjn.jpg (1242x976, 199K)

>Use your brain and form an argument.
Don't dodge my question. Answer it right now: why are forums and user reviews a bad thing?

>b-because entitled gamers! toxic masculinity
I'm gonna have to file those under "non-arguments". Please, try again.

>Advertising your blog on Yea Forums
Fuck off please

Jesus fucking Christ would just answer the fucking question straight.

>Much like the ones on their famously mobile desks, the wheels on that particularly romanticized notion appear to have fallen off. Former Valve employees have come out to slam the internal culture as being a high-school like mix of cliques and backstabbing, with another engineer saying it was "the worst experience of my life" and with desk setups similar to a "panopticon prison". Valve was even slapped with a court case after one transgender employee alleged that her supervisor constantly referred to her as “it.”
Uh oh looks like valve has some bad opinions!

>one transgender employee alleged that her supervisor constantly referred to her as “it.”
Should have it been celebrating though?

why do you type this many non arguments and tell other people to start making arguments

>Linking to /pol/ygon

Reported and Ctrl + Shift + Left Click. NEXT!

>Don't dodge my question. Answer it right now: why are forums and user reviews a bad thing?

Sure, I'll spend as much effort as you did defending them. I've gotten no use out of both of those things. I actually never said the forums were a bad thing. I also clearly stated one problem with user reviews. You had one line to read yet you've failed to do so, it's no wonder why you're incapable of forming an argument.

>b-because entitled gamers! toxic masculinity

Are you hallucinating and seeing text that doesn't exist? Get diagnosed friendo

Why do you faggots even bother doing this if you don't make a single fucking point.

steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
Ctrl + F your games, you can probably remove the drm in about 2 seconds.

But why even switch when the current option has all of those and more? Convenience is the biggest factor other than Epic being utter shit.

Not him, but if I have an issue with a game and google it, more often than not one of the first results will be a steam thread. In some cases it's the only place where the fixes are hosted like for nier automata. Look at when subnautica released on epic, did everyone go to the "community forums" for troubleshooting? Nope, they went to steam. Its an incredibly valuable resource and I think you've benefited from it more often than you realise.

i'm fully convinced that the only people who unironically shill epic are a bunch of commie faggots that want game devs to live off welfare and food stamps in exchange for churning out mediocre shlock as epic exclusives

>but the article itself is great, go read it.
>polygon
Nice try shill.

>retard shares opinion

Funny, PC gaming was great until smartphones came around.

>polygon
I'm sure they got a nice check in the mail from tencent for this.

funny,this thread was great until you came around.

Now now.
You can shitpost but that's an utter lie.

how does epic shill keep going despite literally being caught stealing user data
not to mention it having chink ties

>unironically posting a polygon article

fag

look it's actual humans with thoughts and opinions, amazing. Look at these incredible learned men that can communicate without memearrows.

I think the case for both of the situations you described are just the platform being so colossal. Steam is huge so of course SEO is going to direct search engines to the Steam forums rather than the community forums. I think there's an entire generation completely used to a monopolized internet, you don't go to artist's web sites because their shit is going to be somewhere centralized like tumblr. You don't go to an official game site pre-release for trailers or other shit because it's going to be on Youtube or the the Steam store page.

A gigantic problem with the Epic store and any other fledgling store is that people are just used to going to ONE source for everything. People these days just visit like 4 web sites to consume content at most it's no wonder why people want one source for PC gaming everything.

>polygon

Attached: istockphoto-186860540-1024x1024.jpg (1024x682, 255K)

good goy!

Steam is a monopoly, yeah. And I don't really have a huge problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the retarded community praising Valve every chance they get, contributing to Gabe's laziness. I'm fairly sure that that's one of the reasons why valve stopped making actual games. Why the fuck should you make anything worthwhile anymore when the community is full of drooling and memeing retards who will lick your boots no matter what?

>polyjew

Attached: 1548496599228.jpg (1238x1913, 618K)

>article from Polygon is great
No.
Just another Jew taking bribes from Epic to shit on Valve, when the fact remains that Steam is the best service for buying games on PC. If Epic wants Valves customers, then make Epic store better than Steam? Pretty simple.

how is it stealing if the users whose data was "stolen" still exist?

I mean this is how I feel, too.

Without evidence from developers I don't see why I'd dislike Valve. Your source (Which says "Opinion" right on top) talks about Valve charging 30% but Valve does a lot for publishing and distributing so that seems fine to me.

And now that Valve is allowing almost any game except loli rape I just don't know who's being pushed out of business.

Did you write this article, user?

Attached: 1538881305224.jpg (960x955, 177K)

Yea Forums in 2010
>Hates steam, DMR and monopolies
Yea Forums in 2018
>Sucks corporate cock
>Accepts higher prices due to their technical ineptitude cuz muh ""features""

Attached: 1552824247754.jpg (1000x1200, 118K)

>higher prices
???

People seem to completely ignore the fact that Steam is not a stupid launcher, its a launcher integrated into a marketplace. I can usually (well I could some time ago) buy every game on there. I have no desire to have 10 different launchers with all their spy shit and bloating running in the background just to play a couple of games. Every alternative to Steam is just a stupid DRM program they call a launcher, with a limited selection of games.
Unless they actually lower the prices of games, Steam will not go anywhere. And I not defending Steam, I have my reasons to dislike it, but I just don't see the current "alternatives" to replace it. It will literally take a Steam clone with better prices to do it. Otherwise the future will be filled with dozens of shitty spying DRM bloatware mocking you to use it, one for every fucking game.

microsoft store is a launcher and marketplace
it has very large selection of shovelware

the privacy was stolen
it can be returned by stopping collecting data and implementing an opt-in process

only retards dont like steam

you cant steal something you never had

Mmm-mm I sure want 6 programs on my desktop seperating all the PC games I own, I sure do! Especially when none of them share basic features like fucking wishlists and cloud saving

>Yea Forums in 2010
>Hates steam
t. wasn't on Yea Forums in 2010

Attached: 1524511569629.jpg (768x964, 121K)

>CORPORATION BAD
>MORE CORPORATION GOOD
I swear to god the push for this shit in journalism is exclusively coming from people that got booty blasted over Gabe saying Steam wasn't going to blam most games that people whine about. Journalists want a platform where bad thoughts are purged and Epic is willing to play ball.

Attached: 1550442439792.gif (298x298, 1.78M)

>Let's bring consolewars to pc.
>And that's a good thing.

Fuck this gay earth. Gabe is a fat jew but alteast he has some idea on how to deliver games. What the fuck is the rest doing? Locked down garbage with worse spyware than steam could ever hope to be.

its obvious to me too

Back when steam and valve were solid. They were releasing games and having good sales.

Now they don't do shit. Hell, they've laid off their artifact devs AND their VR engineers who haven't produced anything at all.

They'll just live off of their steam welfare for the foreseeable future.

It already is opt-in, the data is collected but not sent unless the user opts in. They're probably going to rewrite it so that it no longer even collects until the user opts in, but it's pretty pointless.

Wow what a huge fucking inconvenience. Maybe it's just because I'm from an era before faggoty launchers but back in my day you didn't have a "library" so you had to set up your own folders of shit. You can still do this with every faggoty launcher out there, they all allow you to just make shortcuts on your desktop, but oh no you still need the launcher open how will you ever cope???

>Virtually every game has their own community forums.
so I have to sing up to dozens of forums?

Why do you need to run 4 games at the same time?

>Why do you need to run 4 games at the same time?

Ask Steam drones

>polygon
HAHA NOPE

Bitch

I wonder who could be behind this post

Not that you care, but the length of the thread and pointless arguing points is what pays OP's salary.

Steam is (despite it's flaws) the best legal vidya distribution platform right now. The only reason (it really is the only reason) epic store is shilled is because publishers are getting a bigger cut of the pie. They don't give a shit about your experience. They just want more money.

Steam is only successful because they care about the end user experience and try their best to provide it. Yes it's a monopoly. Yes it sucks that technically you're bound to their service. But next to piracy, it's the best service.

Now pls let this thread die and filter OP.

>30% difference
Nahui idi, pidor, most $30 games on steam is 500-600 rub.