It's over bros..... Google won

It's over bros..... Google won.

Attached: Stadia-Teraflops.jpg (1000x382, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

international.download.nvidia.com/pdf/tegra/Tegra-X1-whitepaper-v1.0.pdf
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-hands-on-with-google-stream-gdc-2019
youtube.com/watch?v=RJPm_zN8FXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wow... a mid-tier PC right inside your home...

>GPUs that Google can afford
wow

It's fucking On-Live

If it's a port station with lag, who cares how many teraflops it has?

It's not an issue of raw power, it's an issue of games utilizing it and getting steady enough throughput and bandwidth.

So it's for Japan and South Korea.

Playing on wifi can be problematic on fighting games or shooters, let alone this shit.

Reminder that Switch isn't shown because it's not even half a TFLOP

Sorry OP, but they should start holding Sony's beer...

Attached: 1523011870471.png (633x636, 75K)

It'll look worse than a base PS4 because of compression artifacts.

PS5 will launch with 0 games, whereas Stadia basically has every game already

*xcloud anaconda 12TF+ blocks your path*
*PSNow PS5 10TF+ blocks your path*

video games aren't an art school demo reel, LITERALLY no one give a fuck about your gazillion poligons when the game is shit

brotendo, understands this

This is worse than my 3 year old pc.

20gb/hour is UHD bluray quality. The problem won't be the image quality at all, but the latency. If they can solve the latency, this will make everything else obsolete (assuming it's cheap enough to use)

TERAFLOPS

MEAN

FUCKING

NOTHING

WHEN

COMPARING

DIFFERENT

ARCHITECTURES

10.7 teraFLOPs

international.download.nvidia.com/pdf/tegra/Tegra-X1-whitepaper-v1.0.pdf
Except it's exactly 0.5TFLOPS

lol

It would be, were it fully clocked, but the Switch is underclocked even when docked. Its cooling isn't enough to keep full clocks speeds without massive throttling

A flop is a flop

no amount of teraflops will make you a good game designer like nintendo studios

If that's the case please enlighten everyone on this amazing architecture whose performance cannot be measured in floating point operations per second?

Oh wait, all architectures can be measured that way

>TERAFLOPS
>MEAN
>FUCKING
>NOTHING
They're not absolute, but they don't mean nothing either. It's the best metric we have to get an idea of how powerful the GPU is, and what it's capable of. Anyone looking at the PS4 Pro, for instance, would be able to tell that it's not enough to run modern games at 4K/60 and that's been true, the only games that have even gotten close are checkerboarding

>Its cooling isn't enough to keep full clocks speeds without massive throttling
I've used it at full clock for extended periods of time without any issues

>a good game designer like nintendo studios
Most Nintendo games are crap though? Stop pretending every game is BotW. Nintendo releases a few gems each generation and the rest is mediocre

and west coast USA

Netflix/YouTube have compression methods that can't be used for live streaming, last I heard this will use 4-6 times as much bandwidth as Netflix at full 1080p (bitrate of 6000 or so).
1080p Netflix = 7mbps.
1080p Stadia = 25mbps.
Netflix at 4k uses up to 7GBs an hour, at a high end of 16,000kbps bitrate. This is much, much more demanding and anything remotely resembling UHD Bluray will require far more than 20GB/h.
Btw, we already have comparisons up.
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-hands-on-with-google-stream-gdc-2019
Skadia looks like shit and shows heavy artifacting, worse than Project Stream.

While doing what? I'm assuming you have yours hacked because that's the only way it's possible, and the software also won't tell you it's throttling unless you're specifically monitoring core clocks. So do tell me what homebrew you're running that does this? Homebrew that's demanding on the GPU also doesn't exist, as you actually need to be using the GPU to increase heat, not just idling at full clock

google with this bit wars tier cancer

seems like you haven't played Mario Odyssey

>worse than Project Stream.
This is where the downgrades begin, isn't it?
>oh by 8K 120 FPS we meant either 8K 30 fps OR 1080p 120 FPS
>oh by 10.7 TFLOPS we really measured both CPU and GPU and the GPU alone is only 10
>oh by 10 TFLOPS we really mean 5, because that was in half precision

I have. I'm not fond of it, though I realize most people liked it. The point remains that the Switch's library doesn't consist only of gems, there's a lot of mediocre crap

IT'S OVER...

Attached: 231.png (1000x382, 185K)

The Nintendo Studios library is only gems, I can't vouch for 3rd party tho

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

There's a lot of really fuzzy math in this post. I looked at those screenshots and I see something that's a hell of a lot better than the base PS4, at any rate, and 90% of the population won't notice. 190ms of latency on the other hand is a huge deal, it's like running on a LED TV without turning gaming mode on

Stadia has no games

Input lag doesn't even matter unless you're a competitive CSGO player. It especially doesn't matter for single player moviegames, which normalfags love like GoW and Spiderman and TLoU.
This will print money whether you like it or not.

Attached: 1549395570136.png (500x500, 168K)

Won what? "Highest Input Lag On Home Console"?

Attached: 1551235419782.gif (250x250, 282K)

Ya, too bad teraflops won't mean shit for performance when it's based on the latency of your internet connection. Enjoy unavoidable lag because your ISPs are greedy assholes who throttle everybody during peak hours.

And as other anons have pointed out, if you think more expensive hardware = better quality games, have I got a fucking bridge to sell to your dumb ass.
Pic related is basically what Google is offering.

Attached: diamond encrusted chess set.jpg (450x600, 65K)

no, we have data caps too (except for sonic)

Just like the Ouya printed money and anybody who actually read on its Kickstarter that it was a glorified Android box was just a seething pissbaby permavirgin.

Normalfags don't care for PS4 movies as much as you think.

The thing google is missing is that perfectly fine gaming hardware is becoming cheaper and cheaper.
Soon mobile phones will be able to do a lot of gaming just fine, it already does, hell the Switch
itself is a basically a smartphone in a box. So that only leaves the truly high-end gaming experiences that can't be
satisfied by basic consumer hardware.

Stadia is solving a problem that doesn't exist. If you buy a new laptop today you can play fortnite just fine, perfectly serviceable
and a hell of a lot less laggy than this shit.

Remember everyone NEEDS some form of display and computation device.
These things are not gonna get weaker, even on the entry-level.

Also people want to own devices. We like them.

tl;dr Devices capable of decent gaming is getting cheaper and cheaper and Stadia is solving non-existant problems.

They release on average 1 good game per year. Switch seems to have more because many of those good games came from the Wii U and released many years ago. ARMS, 1-2 Switch, Kirby Star Allies, Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party are all shovelware. Xenoblade 2 is arguably mediocre at best

You're the type of person who lumps every Nintendo exclusive into the must-buy category and you have demonstrably no taste for doing so, as it's clear you'll lap up anything they shit out

the coasts have arguably worse internet than flyover states because of the shit "competition" that siphons their bandwidth from the larger providers anyway. I've got only comcast here, and despite having to deal with shit customer support I get damn near 50MB/s downloads from steam, 30 from psn/xbox.

does the Google Stadia feature tachyons?

Attached: 1377675273045.png (750x750, 747K)

>4k gaming at 120+ FPS
>for the price of a Netflix subscription

PCbros... we got cucked... we're no longer the master race...

No one is going to use Stadia to play Fortnite. This is for streaming heavy duty games that no mobile hardware can play. Games Switch isn't even getting ports for because it's just too much.

I don't think anybody's gonna really be using Stadia period just because of the sheer bandwidth required, and a console that must be always-online by design is a dealbreaker.

Even with the fastest internet currently in existence, would there not still be substantial input lag? Unless Google finds out how to harness the power of tachyons, how is input not going to be shit?

>don't have to fear disconnection due to inactivity, don't have any bandwidth consumption and can run cheats for single player and install mods
"no"

Will be great to play X-com.

>would there not still be substantial input lag?
GDC/reveal show-off and playtests say there's about a full second of input lag, yeah.

Look at the grass my guy, you wouldn't find anything worse on a PS4.
Compression struggles with objects that are small and and move around a lot, such as grass, hair or even just spinning your camera around quickly, assuming you don't have a fuck load of motion blur to hide it. This is obviously a major issue for realistic looking games that have a focus on fidelity, it'll look for titles with simple graphics but anything else will struggle. Games like TW3, The Last of Us, BotW, etc. would all look terrible on this platform as grass never looks on videos due to compression, watch this at 1080p and you'll immediately notice the compression artifacts.
youtube.com/watch?v=RJPm_zN8FXI
You can pause it to see it even more obviously, then try taking a screenshot of the Witcher 3 on PS4 and it will look far nicer.
This can be solved if they improve the bitrate significantly but that would drive bandwidth requirements ridiculously high, we don't know the bitrate of Google Stadia but going off Eurogamer's screenshots it looks to be 8-10mbps.

Attached: 1548761584776.jpg (537x960, 380K)

Hail Stadia!
Hail Stadia!

I've never actually tried game streaming myself but it's been around for years and I've never heard anyone complain about input lag. I have heard people complain about shit visual quality though.

Anyone who thinks 4K 60fps streaming in real time over an internet connection isn't going to look like overly compressed shit with artifacts, blur, and macroblocking out the ass doesn't know how bitrates work.

Games don't need so many cores and threads, they need high clock speeds. 3.2 ghz is simply trash for a CPU speed. 4 should be the standard. 4.8+ is the ideal.

To be fair, grass already looks like ass in tw3.

This whole console's gonna be a teraFLOP

There was at least one moment I can think of during the keynote where you could clearly see massive input lag, during that part where the guy was showing off how you could switch between devices on the fly, he moved the control around a little bit and Alexios was still walking around for a whole second or two after he stopped touching the controls. That shit is going to be unplayable on anything but stuff where reaction time isn't important like turn-based JRPGs or something.

>They release on average 1 good game per year

that's the price of quality

3.2 GHz is enough for 60FPS or in worst case scenario, 30 FPS.
You won't be doing more than that though. High clocks only matter if you're trying to push high frame rate. Which they aren't, because consoles are for people who think that 24 FPS looks more cinematic.

>2TB HDD
Why in the fuck. It's like they want load times to continue to be 30 seconds to a minute.

nintendo: based, redpilled and animepilled

j*ewgle: unbased, bluepilled and snoypilled

>compared to last gen
>next gen said to be over 10
Already a generation behind.

>I looked at those screenshots and I see something that's a hell of a lot better than the base PS4, at any rate, and 90% of the population won't notice.

You weren't looking very closely then, and you have no idea how video compression works. Also screenshots don't represent in action results.

Go watch a 4K recording of gameplay of any game you own on Youtube, then fire up the game yourself and compare them, and you'll immediately see what I'm talking about. Even at high bitrates the difference is huge.

*posted from Android device while browsing Chrome*

The audiences interested in that are much slimmer than you think.

Truth is you can probably get a laptop that can play DOOM 2016 perfectly fine for not that much money these days.
And everyone already needs a computational device some way. The new Ipad could probably run DOOM 2016 with optimizations.

Sony are not gonna give away their exclusives either, so Playstation will still be home for those experiences.
3rd world is out of the loop as well because first of they are not getting it and secondly they don't have the net infrastructure to support it.

It will be used as demos for people not really that interested in gaming and who wanna see what it's all about. These people are not interested
in paying $20 a month for a subpar gaming experience.

Xenoblade 2 is decent and Star Allies post-updates is damn good. I don't personally like Aces as I'm not into Tennis games, but from a design standpoint it's solid. Not sure what you really like, but it sounds like you basically have no interest in vidya, as all 3 are the ideal games in their respective genres.

Google set up the booth to run this shit. Why would they make it look anything other than great. This is a roll out of something they want to use to disrupt the gaming industry. Ubisoift and bethesda usually jump on anything they think they can make an extra buck on. Skyrim is SURE to be announced at the Behesda confrence at e3

>This will print money whether you like it or not.

I remember when Yea Forums said this about vr. And Steam Machines.

I think people are severely overrating the market for this.

Only dedicated gamers want to subscribe to a gaming service.
And most gamers already posess devices that does everything perfectly fine already.

Consoles exclusives are out of the picture. So that leave PC Gamers, do you see many PC Gamers excited about this?

So what's left, facebook boomers and Stacy's? They are not interested in spending money on this.

If it really is Yea Forums. I know everyone says there are no viral marketers here, but it's astonishing how quickly the fads come and go around here. A lot of this shit is shilled to hell and back around launch time, and then just mysteriously disappears. All the so-called hype dries up. It almost feels manufactured.

Majority of the top Twitch games are free to play and not that demanding on hardware. These are the games kids play.

So why subscribe to some Google service when you already have the game you want to
play free on your personal device, which you must have to even use Stadia in the first place?

Apex Legends
Fortnite
League Of Legends
CSGO
Hearthstone

This is the present and future of gaming experiences. All free to play and not that super demanding.
What issue is Stadia gonna solve really?

>remaking onlive in 2019

LMAO

>I know everyone says there are no viral marketers here
How could anyone possibly believe one of the most popular websites in the world wouldn't have shills in it? Shills are ridiculously easy and cheap to acquire.

The cpu its locked theres no way you can achive tegra x1 speeds with a switch soc dumbfuck

>cheap
Got paid 80k$ a year for doing nothing
Kek

>3.2GHz CPU
>14.2TF GPU

Attached: 8wrpK5j.png (323x454, 327K)

I don't know. Maybe the shills themselves are saying that to throw us off guard

>Most popular shit is already free anyway
Never thought of it like that
Fuck, now that I really think about it, who is this for, exactly?
Kids?
They just play all that free shit like Fortnite and stuff
Teens and Young Adults?
Again, like was said earlier, most probably aren't willing to pony up a monthly subscription fee for games unless they're really into gaming. And even then, with all the lag and shit, they'd probably just prefer to play actual copies of the game instead of just streaming it.
On paper, yeah, the "Netflix" of gaming sounds really appealing and marketable, but honsestly I just can't see it working in this day and age.

Who the fuck is Stadia for?

Attached: IMG_2653.png (1136x640, 930K)

so many teraflops!
the games MUST be great?!

You cant play those games on your tablet PC though. Thats who its selling to. People who need to be so trendy they dont have real work stations and work only in the cloud... so now they can game the same way ... apparently

Meh, those games can be ported. These low-end devices are just gonna get stronger.
Latest Ipad chip is a beast for the mobile market. APU's are getting better and better. I think the market for this product is vastly overrated, mostly because everyone already has a strong-ish device already by neccessity.

baiting gullible retards like you

Also kids are very trend sensitive. Aint NOBODY gonna brag about being a Google gamer.
You want to show your brand, how expensive your stuff is. As a starter some parents might get this, but eventually kids are gonna complain

Can we talk about how you own "streaming" games less than even digital games? What if you wrong-think, would google be able to shut access to the service (Not a huge issue if you still retain save data locally, but i'am not sure that's the case).
Going forward if Valve, EA, Activision and co. start offering all their stream solutions it can be expensive really quickly if they lock their exclusives behind that subscription paywall.
Death to mods as well?

> What if you wrong-think, would google be able to shut access to the service

Yes, but technically Steam, Epic etc can do that too.

My concern is that even with Steam and Epic you don't have to pay a monthly fee to access the games you purchase. Now we'll see what pricing they have for Stadia, but that they didn't release that even to developers is a bad sign.

is this a joke

>we can compete with 7 year old technology
Amazing

>bragging over having the most flops
lmaaaaooo

>Yes, but technically Steam, Epic etc can do that too.
This i did not know, i thought they would just barren entry to online games and you could still have access to your SP game library.

It could have 100 Tflops. Doesn't mean fucking shit if you can't manage to stream the game smoothly with low input lag.

theres just 2 or maybee 3 things im worried about:
latency, stable fps, price.
2 of these failed in the presentation, and price didnt even get a mention

You are fucking retarded. I forgot to turn on game mode on my TV and even crash remake was pretty much unplayable.

Well I might've be talking out my ass on that one.

But if you read the agreement on Steam you'll find that you are in fact purchasing a perpetual license to the game not the game itself. Same with all the other game stores afaik.

>input lag doesn't matter
it will literally give you a headache to play any first person game, it's not a matter of MLG pro competitive play.

But how many terakeks?