what shmups do you like Yea Forums?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9-g5Dfor4R0
youtube.com/watch?v=y68mENG2VlI
youtube.com/watch?v=tvHI12JiArU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dodonpachi daioujou and raiden iv are my favorites

Danmaku Unlimited 3 is pretty fun, DaiFukkatsu BL has my favourite music but I can't fucking beat it cause it's hard as fuck, Warning Forever is pretty fun too, and Astebreed is real fun for being /m/ as fuck.

Only ever played UN Squadron and Abadox

been playing Darius Gaiden from the switch collection
the Darius games generally ooze soul

i've seen several reviews for that game, and it just looks like a shmup for memelords

I never played shmups before but i recently started touhou6, I'm shit at it though.

I've played ZeroRanger, I 1cc'd al Touhou games on Normal (and some on Hard), and I've also played most of Orange Juice's shmups.

I dont play these types of games but the OSTs are always full of bangers
youtube.com/watch?v=9-g5Dfor4R0
youtube.com/watch?v=y68mENG2VlI
youtube.com/watch?v=tvHI12JiArU

Attached: 1363638497415.gif (200x150, 1.17M)

Batrider is fucking shmup perfection.

I also really dig Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu.

Attached: batridersmall.jpg (1235x1754, 1.39M)

A fellow man of culture I see.

Attached: 3244362436.gif (450x450, 32K)

The easy ones because I fucking suck.

Titles, user. That could make a great suggestion guide for shitters who want to get into the genre.

>i've seen several reviews for that game, and it just looks like a shmup for memelords

It's got a lot of style to it, and definitely tries to do a bunch of ambitious stuff with the presentation. Flashy, impressive stuff happens all through the game and it's pretty thrilling on a visceral level.

If you're looking for deep gameplay and rich scoring, it's pretty lacking. There's some chaining optimization, but the gameplay is designed to switch things up every few minutes rather than give you a set of mechanics that you need to master. I'd say its more along the lines of dramatic console STG games like R-Type Delta or Axelay than arcade titles you'd drill down and try to master. As long as you're not going in expecting something as nuanced as Mars Matrix, and instead just try to take in all the cool visuals and music, you'll have a great time.

Attached: shorty.jpg (850x761, 150K)

I always had trouble getting into shoot 'em ups because there's usually two binary states: unkillable demigod that might as well tape down the fire button and walk away, and subhuman dying ten thousand deaths. Theoretically there should be a zone in between labeled "good fight" but I might need a fucking LHC to find it. I could also bitch at length about the focus on memorizing threats and safe spots instead of reacting and understanding them on a deeper level but nobody needs to hear that shit

I really liked Hydorah because it's not afraid to fuck you up relatively early but it also has concessions for dumb babies like me such as a save system and really gentle powerup balance

Devil Engine's really good. There's tons of unlockables, even a zeroranger color pallet.

isn't danmaku unlimited the one with very glaring issues for a real bullet hell? like bullets that disappear behind bigger projectiles and lasers?

None that I noticed, nor have I seen mentioned before, but I wouldn't say anything for sure.

STG generally considered good:

Dodonpachi and its CAVE developed sequels
Other CAVE stuff like Ketsui, Mushi, Etc
Raizing games
Good doujin games like Crimzon Clover, Battle Traverse, Kamui, Mecha Ritz, etc
Takumi shmups (basically just Giga Wing and Mars Matrix)
Taito games like Rayforce and Darius.
The R-Type series.
Einhander.

Lots more that I could spend tons of time going through. Just play the games you think look interesting.

Attached: MARSMATRIX.gif (320x224, 14K)

B-wings and Twin Bee.

I like ZeroRanger and Devil Engine

Taking a break, will be revisiting either mecha ritz or crimzon clover later.